College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

40 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Who is USCa?  I know USCe and USCw.

I will bet you my 401k that Sam will/would wait however long it takes to get to play his senior year at UT.  He is not a top draft prospect anyway.

USCalifornia, as opposed to USCarolina. Kind of like UTx/UTn or OhSU/OkSU. 
edit: I see the problem, and see your point. USCa could be either. Your “USCe and USCw” are good. As are USCal and USCar. Oh well. 

Edited by nnm

Does anyone think that they fill the stadium to 50% capacity? For a lot of games we were at around 80% with no risk other than shame.

I know there’s a lot of idiots out there but a good portion of those idiots are still going to stay away. I would bet we’d be around 20% butts in the seats.

4 hours ago, nnm said:

NM is screwed. On the one hand, their case count is low, and except for the Navajo reservation, they’ve done well containing the virus. On the other hand, they’ve been locked down and shut down so long, their already crappy economy is shot. The double whammy oil price crash has eviscerated their budget, and now they have no tax revenues coming in anywhere else. They’ve shut out tourists, when tourism is one of the only non-governmental, non-oil & gas, sources of revenue. It’s going to be even more of a crap fest than most places. 

And on athletics, they’re even more screwed. Without the body bag games, the already underwater UNM and NMSU budgets are gone. UNM was scheduled to play both MissSU and USCa this year, at about $1MM each, and NMSU was scheduled to play at UCLA ($1.2MM) and UF (1.5MM).  Both teams lose money playing football except for the body bag games, and both athletic departments are run almost entirely on those revenues. https://www.abqjournal.com/1437081/loss-of-games-could-hurt-lobos-aggies.html (Behind paywall, so I pulled out the numbers above).

At this point, the state of NM should just shut down FCS football. It’s been a farce for a long time anyway. 

This is going to be repeated at a bunch of other G5 and other schools. As stated earlier in this thread by several, C19 may result in a massive realignment of CFB. 

Of course, they are mostly screwed by having Arizona on one side and Texas on the other.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

5.) Well, we tried our best. 2021 is our year!

Can we start talking about this yet?  Because in all honesty this is what is likely to happen, and we will be one of the lucky few to have our top tier QB come back rather than just go pro.  He is very Tebow-esque in his abilities at the CFB level not translating to the pros.

It will also give us time to figure out WR and our RBs will get a year to lift and get bigger and healthier.  It also gives us a year to do a full install on the new systems.

I mean, no football this year will suck royally, but we would set up well for a full skipped season.

Edited by jinx
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Foresight-stages-of-grief-3.jpg

1.) Do you really think CFB is going to cancel the season? Too much money at stake.

2.) This is bullshit. If people would have just worn masks and not gone out to the bar, we'd be playing football this fall

3.) What if we go with no non-conference? If we test everyone, everyday we could do this. DKR at 50% capacity for the season. Ok, we'll form a SEC/ACC/Big12 alliance. Big 12 will have a 9+1 season.

4.) Fuck. No football for the fall?! We could have won a national championship this year with Sam. Damn.  I really just feel bad for the kids (but it's really about themselves). What's the point in renewing my season tickets anyway if they just cancel seasons like this. What is the point of Saturday without football?

5.) Well, we tried our best. 2021 is our year!

We're at #3.

Still 2 more stages of grief to go.

And what's even better is that these stages aren't linear, they don't go in order. So I'm sure we'll be right back to denial in no time.

5 hours ago, nnm said:

USCalifornia, as opposed to USCarolina. Kind of like UTx/UTn or OhSU/OkSU. 
edit: I see the problem, and see your point. USCa could be either. Your “USCe and USCw” are good. As are USCal and USCar. Oh well. 

"Trojans and Cocks" makes it a little better, no? At least that's what I heard from SA's mom.

• Haha 1

Playing college football this season would be massively fucking stupid. I want it as much or more than a lot of people here, but come on guys it's about as dumb as opening the bars too early. 

Student athletes can't be made to play amid the pandemic for us. The NFL guys are professionals and can do as they please.

This. I honestly don't even want it played anymore. It looks like we're going to lose the LSU road trip and we'll have a patchwork season that amounts to a bunch of exhibitions while wasting our seniors' eligibility, not to mention Cosmi, and possibly Sterns and Ossai. Pass.

Does Sam play or just get ready for the draft?

Sam would absolutely play even if it was just based on draft status. He's a fringe prospect who needs to show improvement this year to get any kind of real pay day. As it stands now, he's a 6th round to UDFA guy.

Oh and he also walks around with a hard on for being the QB at Texas so yeah, he'd play.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I guess I don't see what moving games to Spring really gains you. There still won't be a vaccine, for bulk of country they will be in throes of winter making playing outdoors probably even less safe with Covid/Regular Flu Season combo in full effect. Playing in Feb in Wisconsin & other cold weather states would be awful and have its own risks to player safety.

Reduce number of folks allowed in stands, make them wear masks (or just go with zero fans in stands for all I care)

From a player safety perspective I fail to see what springtime play truly does. Have them on private buses, charter planes for travel etc to minimize exposure to randos. No one on sidelines that is not on staff or a player or part of TV/Referee etc (sorry MOC & other BMDs)

Maybe I just really want some normalcy in sports this fall but moving to spring on the surface seems to just kick can down the road.

I fully understand Covid data right now and the trend the US is on. That may be the answer in and of itself, but considering what we see daily on TV around dipshits not wearing masks etc I just don't see why we think Spring would be better than fall.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

I guess I don't see what moving games to Spring really gains you. There still won't be a vaccine, for bulk of country they will be in throes of winter making playing outdoors probably even less safe with Covid/Regular Flu Season combo in full effect. Playing in Feb in Wisconsin & other cold weather states would be awful and have its own risks to player safety.

Reduce number of folks allowed in stands, make them wear masks (or just go with zero fans in stands for all I care)

From a player safety perspective I fail to see what springtime play truly does. Have them on private buses, charter planes for travel etc to minimize exposure to randos. No one on sidelines that is not on staff or a player or part of TV/Referee etc (sorry MOC & other BMDs)

Maybe I just really want some normalcy in sports this fall but moving to spring on the surface seems to just kick can down the road.

I fully understand Covid data right now and the trend the US is on. That may be the answer in and of itself, but considering what we see daily on TV around dipshits not wearing masks etc I just don't see why we think Spring would be better than fall.

It buys you time to ‘ flatten’ the curve and eventually ‘crush’ the curve.

Time buys you the possibility of finding a treatment that reduces lethality.

Time buys you the possibility of getting the inside straight draw ... a US vaccine that works and is safe.

Time is everything when you’re in a race.

Its not guarantee. 
But it can’t hurt and has a chance to be better.

The idea that there won’t be an absolute cure / CoVID won’t be irradiated so we might as well just go ahead is exactly why we’re in this situation now.

You’ll see surging cases again and the season will be cut short. It’s a prescription for failure.... IMO

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just got this email.

Thank you for your survey response indicating that you do not plan to attend Texas Football games this fall and are opting out of season tickets for the 2020 season.

A Texas Athletics staff member will reach out to you in the second half of August regarding payment you made for the 2020 Texas Football season. At that time, you may request that your 2020 payment apply as a credit toward the 2021 season, a full refund, a partial refund, or to convert your payment into a 100% tax-deductible gift. If you are on a payment plan, we will not charge your last installment on Aug. 3 unless you direct us to do so.

If you submitted your survey response in error, please reply to this email or call us at (512) 471-3333 to let us know your intended answer.

Hook ’em!

The Longhorn Foundation

46 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

It buys you time to ‘ flatten’ the curve and eventually ‘crush’ the curve.

Time buys you the possibility of finding a treatment that reduces lethality.

Time buys you the possibility of getting the inside straight draw ... a US vaccine that works and is safe.

Time is everything when you’re in a race.

Its not guarantee. 
But it can’t hurt and has a chance to be better.

The idea that there won’t be an absolute cure / CoVID won’t be irradiated so we might as well just go ahead is exactly why we’re in this situation now.

You’ll see surging cases again and the season will be cut short. It’s a prescription for failure.... IMO

Flatten the curve for who? Fans? Forget the fans in the stands. You can sequester players and coaches relatively easily. See MLB, NBA, EPL, KBL etc

If the notion is that we need to wait for a vaccine that is safe to be available at scale then I think you may as well wait until next fall as there is minimal likelihood that one that fits the criteria you lay out is available in the Spring.

I agree that rushing to reopen for the general population is why we are where we are. That and US politicizing mask wearing etc and being one of the fattest countries in the world doesn't help either. With that said you are talking about 65 odd players, 10 coaches, call it 20 grad assistants, 5-10 S&C coaches & 5-10 trainers etc and then others that frankly can do their job with no in person player interaction (tutors, athletic dept overhead eg). So call it 100-150 people that need to be sequestered per team. This is far different than needing to manage the millions who live in Austin, Dallas, Houston etc

For me it is about player safety. I don't fully see what you get waiting until spring in terms of this. If you are worried re: fans in stands that is different discussion.

43 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Flatten the curve for who? Fans? Forget the fans in the stands. You can sequester players and coaches relatively easily. See MLB, NBA, EPL, KBL etc

If the notion is that we need to wait for a vaccine that is safe to be available at scale then I think you may as well wait until next fall as there is minimal likelihood that one that fits the criteria you lay out is available in the Spring.

I agree that rushing to reopen for the general population is why we are where we are. That and US politicizing mask wearing etc and being one of the fattest countries in the world doesn't help either. With that said you are talking about 65 odd players, 10 coaches, call it 20 grad assistants, 5-10 S&C coaches & 5-10 trainers etc and then others that frankly can do their job with no in person player interaction (tutors, athletic dept overhead eg). So call it 100-150 people that need to be sequestered per team. This is far different than needing to manage the millions who live in Austin, Dallas, Houston etc

For me it is about player safety. I don't fully see what you get waiting until spring in terms of this. If you are worried re: fans in stands that is different discussion.

If it’s about player safety... then don’t play at all.

They aren’t professionals.

They’re students.

Let them learn and receive their free education.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Jesus, do you realize that you're not talking about pro football here?
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

Read more  

Jesus, do you realize that you're not talking about pro football here?

Yes. My piece is what does Spring really change? I’d argue canceling the season altogether is only rational outcome here. 
(As much as I’d hate that to happen)

I see no material difference (for the players in terms of playing this fall vs spring)

fans yes, players no. 

4 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I see no material difference (for the players in terms of playing this fall vs spring)

Has our ability to treat the virus improved over the past four months? Is it therefore reasonable to assume, vaccine or not, that our ability to treat it will improve again within the next 6 months?

23 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Has our ability to treat the virus improved over the past four months? Is it therefore reasonable to assume, vaccine or not, that our ability to treat it will improve again within the next 6 months?

Considering the steep decrease in fatalities, either the virus is weakening or the treatments have improved. Or both. There is even a potential scenario that by Sept 1, the case growth will have flattened as well. Who knows, we might even get some herd immunity up in this biotch?

1 hour ago, LTbear said:

I guess but ultimately if you look at this age cohort (especially at this level of fitness) odds of serious infections and certainly death are very low. For example 82% of all deaths in Austin are 60+ years old (off ~12% cases). My vote would be push to next fall and lose this year as I just don't see what material benefit players and staff get playing in Spring. What your articulating in terms of treatment improvements isn’t as applicable to top tier 18-22 yo athletes in peak condition. 

Good debate and certainly an interesting Ethical challenge (player safety) for college football fans to discuss. 

The Big12 AD's contingency planning for spring football is a 6 game schedule expandable to 8 games possibly. It is not a full spring season and it is not for conference championships. Per inside semi-reliable informant. I don't want spring football, it would be an exhibition season for TV dollars only. Play this fall or cancel seems the most logical choices to me.

10 hours ago, LTbear said:

Our ability to treat symptoms has vastly improved in a few months, i doubt that trend will continue—not really how treatment of viral infections works.  So, no, probably not reasonable.  Wishing it were so-   Also, don’t get your hopes all up for “herd immunity,” either, nothing much indicates that will ever be a real thing.  I’d love to see some football this fall, but I’m planning solo fishing trips instead.....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sejjr said:

Considering the steep decrease in fatalities, either the virus is weakening or the treatments have improved. Or both. There is even a potential scenario that by Sept 1, the case growth will have flattened as well. Who knows, we might even get some herd immunity up in this biotch?

What are you talking about here?

Have you seen the refrigerated trucks outside Texas morgues?

Until the morons that do not wear masks, because they think it is freedom issue, start wearing them, this is not going to get any better...period.

Edited by Steamboat1874
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Article yesterday in the local paper, columnist says college football will ultimately be cancelled this fall due to risks

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2020/07/22/college-football-isnt-happening-fall-ultimately-here-is-why/5425783002/

I'm not sure I'm in complete agreement with the article, but there are valid points made.
Also Michigan State put team workouts on hold today, after a staff member tested positive for COVID the past weekend, and they are awaiting test results for the entire staff (and I think the team). They had been doing "voluntary" workouts and were scheduled to be moving to 20 hour/week practices soon.

Couch: The ethics behind trying to play college football this fall are messy

Graham Couch
Lansing State Journal
If you’d like to know why there is no chance that college football will happen this fall, ask an athletic administrator or college president whether they’d be putting forth all of this effort for soccer or volleyball. Ask them if they’d be trying to figure out how to dance through a pandemic if it wasn’t for the money at stake.

They know you can’t put the health and welfare of student-athletes and campus communities at risk for the sake of your budget. Even if the absence of college football threatens to blow up your way of life. 

They know there is too much they can’t control once the rest of the student body breaks up their bubble. These are smart people who not only fear liability but also by and large care about the athletes whose well-being they’ve promised to look after.

The people in charge of whether college football plays a game in September don’t have the stomach for the worst-case scenario or for plowing through the queasiness that’ll come with unavoidable outbreaks of COVID-19 if it’s aided by their decision to play a sport for the sake of television revenue. Nor should they. Some things can wait for a pandemic to clear. College football is among them. 

Until we put forth a plan to efficiently test every school teacher in the country twice a week, I find it hard to justify doing so for college football teams. 

Still, the ethics behind trying to play this fall are more complicated than they may seem. This isn’t about greed in this moment. It’s about preservation. It’s about cuts and layoffs and 800 student-athletes who don’t play football. Greed, in many cases, got college athletic departments to this place — without the reserves to get through a lost year. Schools overspend on football coaches and facilities, almost every dime available, for the sake of keeping up competitively.

The fallout from this pandemic might force a healthy reset, once the bleeding stops. At most schools, even among the “haves” in college athletics, like Michigan State, you’ll see an audit of football spending. It can’t be done to excess anymore. 

But there are other hard truths to face. The idea of a self-sustaining athletic department is really just the idea having a football program that can pay for everything. Other than men’s basketball, almost nothing else anywhere in athletics sustains itself

At MSU, football generates about $80 million annually, about half of which goes to the rest of MSU athletics. Men’s basketball provides roughly another $10 million beyond its own expenses.

If you do hockey right, you can break even, though MSU hockey hasn’t in some time. Same with college baseball in the South. Only about two dozen Division I athletic programs in the country are solvent — MSU among them. The rest are subsidized by their universities. Maybe that’s a better model. Perhaps MSU should fund Spartan athletics, with Spartan football paying its profits entirely back into the university. Most years, that would benefit the university. Perhaps football shouldn’t be relied upon to be the financial arm of athletics.

College football gets shamed for being a big business. But it’s carrying the weight of athletic departments that sponsor a dozen or so sports that have little or no public interest. 

like that colleges provide all sorts of athletic opportunities. I hate that there are going to be fewer of them after this pandemic. With no college football this year — or even a truncated season in the spring — places like MSU are going to lose sports and people and slash operational expenses to the bone and it’s awful. 

So I get why we still see stories with college administrators talking about delaying the football season a few weeks or seeing how practice goes, as if those players could be separated from the rest of campus society, as if they might have the stomach to give it whirl. Understandably, no one is eager to embrace a sickening truth. 

As soon it became clear you couldn’t have stadiums full of fans, this fiscal year required belt-tightening. But some of the gate receipts, seat licenses and sponsorships would have been preserved, along with the television money, which is more than half of MSU’s football revenue. 

All the creativity in the world can’t save a Big Ten athletic department budget without football.

The Big Ten has done all it can, I think, smartly closing ranks with conference-only schedules that allow for uniformed protocols and for nimbleness in scheduling adjustments. Perhaps if the folks meeting every day for the last few months in an effort to save Big Ten football had instead been the ones in charge our national pandemic response, we’d in position to consider playing college football this fall.

Instead, they’ll try for the spring. That could be fun for fans — once, at least. Perhaps we’ll see the Big Ten play games in domed hubs like Detroit and Indianapolis and Minneapolis when the weather is still miserable. You might have hoops and football coincide in what would be a college sports sensory overload. We’d all welcome that, once at least.

But for athletic departments — made up largely of middle-class people and non-revenue-generating athletes — even surviving that long will be traumatic. 

“If you don’t play football, it is an existential moment for college athletics,” MSU AD Bill Beekman said in April.

We’re just about there.

RELATED:  MSU football pauses workouts after staff member tests positive

RELATED:  MSU coaches, including Mel Tucker and Tom Izzo, take pay cuts for next year

MORE GRAHAM COUCH:  In Emoni Bates, Tom Izzo finally lands his transcendent talent

BECOME AN LSJ SUBSCRIBER:  This is one of your 5 free reads over 30 days – or one of unlimited reads if you're an LSJ subscriber. You can become one right now for $39 total for the next year.

Contact Graham Couch at gcouch@lsj.com. Follow him on Twitter @Graham_Couch.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Extra Anejo said:

The Big12 AD's contingency planning for spring football is a 6 game schedule expandable to 8 games possibly. It is not a full spring season and it is not for conference championships. Per inside semi-reliable informant. I don't want spring football, it would be an exhibition season for TV dollars only. Play this fall or cancel seems the most logical choices to me.

That doesn't raise to level of even "semi-reliable". So three ADs would be comfortable not playing Texas? And the conference would be fine just not crowning a champion? And they honestly think other P5 leagues wouldn't leave them in the dust by having a playoff without them?

Sorry, what you suggest is not on the table. If we get fewer than 10 games, it will be because the virus intervenes mid-season.

44 minutes ago, Extra Anejo said:

Straw man. This is such a bad, dumb, and pointless plan that whomever suggested it is just trying to get people to accept a risky fall schedule.

3 minutes ago, Bartles said:

That doesn't raise to level of even "semi-reliable". So three ADs would be comfortable not playing Texas? And the conference would be fine just not crowning a champion? And they honestly think other P5 leagues wouldn't leave them in the dust by having a playoff without them?

Sorry, what you suggest is not on the table. If we get fewer than 10 games, it will be because the virus intervenes mid-season.

This.

Coaches have money tied up in # of games won and championship bonuses.

They want as many games as possible and hardware. 

They’ll never sign on to play a shortened season upfront with no chance of winning a championship.

If it moves to spring, it’ll be for all the marbles.

It can be done. It just takes some imagination / problem solving skills.

Time for some very well paid individuals to earn their millions of $’s by doing everything possible for a full season. And I think a planned spring season with better testing, well thought out protocols, students on campus, and a full OOC schedule is what’s right.

Get . It. Done.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Horn Draoi said:

Our ability to treat symptoms has vastly improved in a few months, i doubt that trend will continue—not really how treatment of viral infections works.  So, no, probably not reasonable.  Wishing it were so-   Also, don’t get your hopes all up for “herd immunity,” either, nothing much indicates that will ever be a real thing.  I’d love to see some football this fall, but I’m planning solo fishing trips instead.....

Treatment will definitely continue to improve. At the same pace maybe not, but it will improve. I have no hope of herd immunity anytime in the next year. 

I'll be spending more time up in the mountains, so at least I got that to quell the depression. 

12 hours ago, LTbear said:

At least we will have better leadership, better use of resources, grownup in charge etc..

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, LTbear said:

Treatment will definitely continue to improve. At the same pace maybe not, but it will improve. I have no hope of herd immunity anytime in the next year. 

I'll be spending more time up in the mountains, so at least I got that to quell the depression. 

Corona viruses have an average immunity period of 8-15 months post recovery so herd immunity will probably never happen unless this virus were allowed to burn through the population naturally.   Until there’s an effective vaccine world wide this will slow burn through the population reinfecting people as their antibodies diminish.    

We can also hope it selects for a less lethal variant and is relegated to a strong Flu A.

Remember when people gleefully assumed the Pac-12 would be totally shut down while the SEC surfed atop the virus wave to a full season schedule? Look who's first in the water now!

Mentioned in the Pac-12 thread, the league is expected to announce a 9-10 game conference only schedule next week. Would begin on Sept. 19 and have three possible December dates for their Vegas championship game. They admit they are counting on an improved medical situation in some of their markets (presumably LA, AZ). But it gives them almost a month from now before practice even starts.

Jon Wilner/San Jose (as usual) full story

Edited by Bartles
Link added

There is going to be so much fucking carnage. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29526443/barry-alvarez-warns-wisconsin-athletics-risk-football-season-canceled

Wisconsin's athletic department is projecting revenue losses between $60 million and $70 million if the Badgers play a conference-only, 10-game season and losses of more than $100 million if the upcoming football season is canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic.

In a letter to Wisconsin fans posted on the athletic department's website Thursday, athletic director Barry Alvarez wrote, "Regardless of what our fall season looks like, we are facing a great financial challenge. I don't think it's an embellishment to say the experience we love as Badgers and the legacy of our extraordinary athletic department is at risk."

A Wisconsin spokesperson told ESPN that the financial model assumes limited capacity at home football games, but he didn't specify what percentage.

Alvarez said the Badgers have projected a $140 million operating budget for the 2020-21 academic year.

• Hook 'Em 1

Imagine if we cancel a season for a virus with over a 99.5% survival rate (and for the kiddos it's like 99.9%+). Just cut the crowds and play the games. The kids will be fine and if the coaches are worried about covid than they can sit out or zoom in. I'll gladly coach in their place and take their massive salaries. 

But optics and liability. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Imagine if we cancel a season for a virus with over a 99.5% survival rate (and for the kiddos it's like 99.9%+). Just cut the crowds and play the games. The kids will be fine and if the coaches are worried about covid than they can sit out or zoom in. I'll gladly coach in their place and take their massive salaries. 

But optics and liability. 

Imagine going to war because 4 planes crashed. 

But optics.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Virtually everyone survived their flights that day and year as well.

It's cute you think covid is suddenly gonna turn into a massive killer. A football player is just as likely to hospitalized by the flu as they are by covid. Their risk is as close to 0% as you can really get. You see all these NBA players getting it, any of them dead yet? I will hang up and listen. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

It's cute you think covid is suddenly gonna turn into a massive killer. A football player is just as likely to hospitalized by the flu as they are by covid. Their risk is as close to 0% as you can really get. You see all these NBA players getting it, any of them dead yet? I will hang up and listen. 

Do you have to hold a grown ups hand whenever you cross the street?

US Covid deaths: 147,333

US deaths on 9/11: 2977

We lost 2355 in the last two days alone.

As far as athletes getting sick and possibly dying, there is a non zero chance that one will die. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but if it happens to a high profile,healthy person maybe people like you will take it seriously.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

23 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Straw man. This is such a bad, dumb, and pointless plan that whomever suggested it is just trying to get people to accept a risky fall schedule.

This.

Coaches have money tied up in # of games won and championship bonuses.

They want as many games as possible and hardware. 

They’ll never sign on to play a shortened season upfront with no chance of winning a championship.

If it moves to spring, it’ll be for all the marbles.

It can be done. It just takes some imagination / problem solving skills.

Time for some very well paid individuals to earn their millions of $’s by doing everything possible for a full season. And I think a planned spring season with better testing, well thought out protocols, students on campus, and a full OOC schedule is what’s right.

Get . It. Done.

Coaches will have very little to nothing to do with the decision.

6 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Do you have to hold a grown ups hand whenever you cross the street?

US Covid deaths: 147,333

US deaths on 9/11: 2977

We lost 2355 in the last two days alone.

As far as athletes getting sick and possibly dying, there is a non zero chance that one will die. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but if it happens to a high profile,healthy person maybe people like you will take it seriously.

Comparing wars or bad events to illnesses is pretty dumb. 

US flu deaths are also more than deaths on 9/11... fuck, better pack it up and shut everything down until we eradicate the flu. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1