Things not going well for USPS

Celery Man

glad to see this bumped b/c i have a question, opinions sought...

we have a bill we've been paying electronically for about a year for some work done last year. 

at least we thought it was electronic...we got a 'past due' notice last month and were like 'that's not possible, it's automated and scheduled', but after doing some research, this bank does not accept ACH payments, and so our bank was literally having to cut a paper check and mail it to the company!

first off...wtf. the receiving bank is like 'well, but we have this fancy online payment portal, you can pay there!' so you have an online payment option, but you do not accept ACH payments like every other company for the past 20+ years? okaaaaay...

but regardless...in further research, there are now TWO checks that are 'lost in the mail'...or are they?

i guess my question is - are the shenanigans at the USPS sufficient enough to explain that this might actually be true, and there are two checks from one bank to another lost in the mail??

because i'm thinking it's also likely that the receiving bank is just shitty and they have they checks they just don't know where they are. 

13 minutes ago, mchookem said:

glad to see this bumped b/c i have a question, opinions sought...

we have a bill we've been paying electronically for about a year for some work done last year. 

at least we thought it was electronic...we got a 'past due' notice last month and were like 'that's not possible, it's automated and scheduled', but after doing some research, this bank does not accept ACH payments, and so our bank was literally having to cut a paper check and mail it to the company!

first off...wtf. the receiving bank is like 'well, but we have this fancy online payment portal, you can pay there!' so you have an online payment option, but you do not accept ACH payments like every other company for the past 20+ years? okaaaaay...

but regardless...in further research, there are now TWO checks that are 'lost in the mail'...or are they?

i guess my question is - are the shenanigans at the USPS sufficient enough to explain that this might actually be true, and there are two checks from one bank to another lost in the mail??

because i'm thinking it's also likely that the receiving bank is just shitty and they have they checks they just don't know where they are. 

I think the mail is still fucked. someone mailed me something on Friday and it did not arrive until yesterday (same city - literally a couple miles away). usually something mailed on a Friday would arrive Saturday if it was the same city. 

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I mean, what's the holdup here? Fire his ass, give the USPS more money, and get it back to where it needs to be. This can't be this hard unless Biden doesn't really want to fix it. 

It's almost like Joe Biden sucks. He's just not an incompetent fucktard. I'll take this over the other option, but I'm not expecting shit from this admin.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I mean, what's the holdup here? Fire his ass, give the USPS more money, and get it back to where it needs to be. This can't be this hard unless Biden doesn't really want to fix it. 

The chairman Ron Bloom fully supports DeJoy & won't vote to remove him.

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Holy crap! What an amazing coincidence!

The written part I posted first.

Then after I hit "send" I thought, "Hey, let me google that."  Obviously you were quoting that scene, so I edited into my post.  

This is apparently not a priority, which is obviously a big misstep for the Biden administration. You do whatever has to be done to remove any Trump appointee, but especially so with this guy. If the chairman won’t do it Biden himself needs to give a FAAFO executive order to them and get someone that is competent in there. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

The written part I posted first.

Then after I hit "send" I thought, "Hey, let me google that."  Obviously you were quoting that scene, so I edited into my post.  

Look, buddy, I do a solo act.

Lulz. Just kidding. I think the, “That’s the joke” Simpsons gif is overused so I made a different choice. Sometimes I post things strictly for my own amusement. But I also think Seinfeld references worked into ordinary conversation, outside of the, “Do you ever yearn” thread, without citation, make for good comedy. There’s nothing wrong with helping the youngins get the allusion.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

It's almost like Joe Biden sucks. He's just not an incompetent fucktard. I'll take this over the other option, but I'm not expecting shit from this admin.

You’re dumber than Hugo. Congrats. 

Biden has already appointed three new board members - now enough to oust DeJoy - but the Trumpies on the board are pulling some shit.

I know no details nor rules and procedures of what it entails to remove DeJoy - Joe just can’t fire him - but sure, it’s all Joe’s fault.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Biden has already appointed three new board members - now enough to oust DeJoy - but the Trumpies on the board are pulling some shit.

I know no details nor rules and procedures of what it entails to remove DeJoy - Joe just can’t fire him - but sure, it’s all Joe’s fault. emoji849.png

This is correct.  I can’t remember the specifics, but the USPS is set up in a way that the President can’t fire the Postmaster General, at all.  Only the Board can. 

53 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The “why won’t Biden just do what I want when I want it or he sucks!” crowd strikes again. 

The Republicans are thoroughly corrupt but unless the Democrats are just exactly perfect in everything they do then they suck too. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Every single board member (prior to Biden taking office) was appointed by Trump if I'm remembering correctly. While the two prong attack was primarily to benefit the former President, the second goal was to privatize shipping because profit in so many many ways.

32 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I know no details nor rules and procedures of what it entails to remove DeJoy - Joe just can’t fire him - but sure, it’s all Joe’s fault. emoji849.png

The Chair of the Board is a Trump appointee 

Edited by Js1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2021 at 12:06 AM, elfenix said:

CAN SOMEONE FIX THIS SHIT!?!?!

image.thumb.png.0e4238dc893a9b47d992d1f7ec1305ff.png

That's nothing. I have a package that was supposed to arrive yesterday. It left Clinton, AR headed to East Texas on the 10th, passed through Little Rock, then San Antonio, left San Antonio this morning, and is now apparently in Mephis.

12 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

That's nothing. I have a package that was supposed to arrive yesterday. It left Clinton, AR headed to East Texas on the 10th, passed through Little Rock, then San Antonio, left San Antonio this morning, and is now apparently in Mephis.

that package showed delivered thanksgiving friday.  checked my box on monday, no package and no key for a package locker.  waited in line at the counter to be told to ring the buzzer and wait at a door.  dude finally came out, took the tracking i printed out and my box number, and disappeared for a while.  10 minutes later he came back with internal tracking that shows it was indeed delivered to my box.  yeah, no shit.  obvious thing is that it was delivered to the wrong box or the key was put in the wrong box.  in that 10 minutes did dude go look at the boxes?  no, too busy printing out tracking that i had already given him. 

decided to wait a week and see if someone opened their box, found it, and took it to the counter.  that, of course, didn't happen.

went back to the door with the buzzer, and just after i pushed it a woman came out ready to sort out the package lockers.  she said she'd look and disappeared.  i heard the lockers being opened from behind, packages being tossed, etc., for a while.  then nothing.  after about 15 minutes she came back with my package.  it had been put in the wrong box. 

completely lucked into her.  had i not been there right as someone was about to work on the package lockers i probably would have been stuck with someone printing out tracking again.

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Counterpoint: the Post Office should be open on Sunday. 

Agree and for longer hours in general. As there is a progression for more specialty mailing of packages, they need more front desk staffing to help people.

I actually think the usps offers a ridiculously awesome service of taking an envelope from me and handing it to someone across the country in 2-3 days for 55 cents. Perhaps they need to adjust that pricing and timing as I don’t see how it’s sustainable with fewer letters being mailed every year.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Agree and for longer hours in general. As there is a progression for more specialty mailing of packages, they need more front desk staffing to help people.

I actually think the usps offers a ridiculously awesome service of taking an envelope from me and handing it to someone across the country in 2-3 days for 55 cents. Perhaps they need to adjust that pricing and timing as I don’t see how it’s sustainable with fewer letters being mailed every year.

The ratio of items I receive in the USPS mail that I want/need/care about vs misc. bullshit must be approaching 1:20. Just a nonstop river of random solicitations (broadband,auto warranty,Sirius XM,etc...), weekly grocery flyers, and seasonal political crap etc... FedEx, UPS, and now Amazon bring the shit I care about.

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

FedEx &UPS bring the shit I care about.

I used to work near St. Elmo and Woodward. The Fleshlight headquarters and manufacturing facility is right down the road on Burleson. Our UPS driver that serviced our office also serviced the Fleshlight factory. On Mondays he would pull up to our loading dock and roll up the door and his truck would be filled to the roof with Fleshlights ordered over the weekend. That driver was certainly responsible for delivering the shit that a lot of dudes care about.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

The ratio of items I receive in the USPS mail that I want/need/care about vs misc. bullshit must be approaching 1:20. Just a nonstop river of random solicitations (broadband,auto warranty,Sirius XM,etc...), weekly grocery flyers, and seasonal political crap etc... FedEx, UPS, and now Amazon bring the shit I care about.

Good point. The only way they can deliver your 1 important mail item is to deliver 20 ads. Maybe we should 10x the cost of the important things in order to eliminate the trash.

But our reps in Congress would never allow trash mail to stop. It's too critical to many businesses to drum up new customers.

On 12/14/2021 at 4:13 AM, Bateshorn said:

My favorite part of mail these days is how I don’t get it for 4 days, then I basically have it exploding out of my mail box and all over the ground 

At the same time that you see the USPS truck on your street every day, so it's not like it's a "staggered delivery" situation. Hell, those folks were dropping off stuff for Amazon at 6 AM last Sunday as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

So we're hiking in Big Bend this weekend. Pretty much only have service via wifi at the condo in Lajitas. This morning an unknown number appears on my phone. I ignore it. A minute later there's a voicemail. This is around 8:30 in the morning. I figure it's some stupid spam bullshit, but I check it anyway.

Imagine my surprise to find it's a guy with the same name as me. He's in Comanche, TX, and he's received a package of camera mounts meant for a project at my office.

It was a 2nd day air from UPS. The tracking number showed it went from MN to San Antonio to Round Rock (less than 5 miles from the office), then went back to Arlington where someone slapped a new label on with his/my name and his address at a ranch in BFE. He was able to track  me down because the original shipping label contained my name, cell phone, company name and partial work address.

How the fuck does that happen? 

12 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

So we're hiking in Big Bend this weekend. Pretty much only have service via wifi at the condo in Lajitas. This morning an unknown number appears on my phone. I ignore it. A minute later there's a voicemail. This is around 8:30 in the morning. I figure it's some stupid spam bullshit, but I check it anyway.

Imagine my surprise to find it's a guy with the same name as me. He's in Comanche, TX, and he's received a package of camera mounts meant for a project at my office.

It was a 2nd day air from UPS. The tracking number showed it went from MN to San Antonio to Round Rock (less than 5 miles from the office), then went back to Arlington where someone slapped a new label on with his/my name and his address at a ranch in BFE. He was able to track  me down because the original shipping label contained my name, cell phone, company name and partial work address.

this isn't the fucking UPS thread. lololololol

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I'm more amazed there's another guy named "TheGhostofTomJoad."

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Because fuck UPS. I trust USPS over them.