2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Holy fuck.  He really may be doing that.  Shutting down ads in Ohio and Iowa is pretty damned close to quitting.

Oh my God....if that's what he's doing, the next 3.5 months are going to be the most dangerous in American (and perhaps world) history.  The most powerful nation in the world is going to be led by a man who 1) hates the people in it, and 2) wants to inflict pain on them, because that's what a spurned narcissist does, every fucking time.

We may have flown right past neglect, and we're headed into straight up "intentional infliction of pain" territory.  Fuck.

Maybe he is in a battle with the RNC over campaign funding allocation.  He's short in money.  He wants a bail out.  And he will burn it all down if he doesn't get it. 

So, most recent polls show that the American public supports a new round of stimulus by 75/25 margins.

And Trump decides to blow up any chance of that happening this year and goes out of his way to make it clear that he's the one responsible, while also shitting all over blue state governors (all of whom are significantly more popular than himself), which would coincidentally include:

MN

WI

PA

MI

NC

NV

Food for thought: If he were actively trying to lose by as much as possible, what would he be doing different?

• Like 1

I think Trump shutting down Ohio and Iowa is strategic. If he loses either of those two states, it was already a landslide anyway. His map is getting smaller and he's focusing on the "thread the needle" states. Ohio and Iowa are table stakes. I assume all of his money is going to MI/WI because he can win with his 2016 map, even if the Dems pick off PA and AZ. I don't think it's much more than that, although it's a really bad sign for his general momentum and fundraising.

the only thing i can think of is that he's going to put together his own stimulus bill somehow and then get that passed without the help of the house or the senate (lol).

kinda like when he cancelled funding for the boy scouts or whatever, then reinstates it, then tweets, "i just saved the boy scouts!"

invent the illness, sell the cure.

3 hours ago, Bookman said:

I disagree. Covid was an opportunity to save his Presidency. He got a mulligan and he shanked it.  

I agree with this.  Had Trump immediately taken action to get US companies cranking out PPE and testing/tracing resources and gotten it into the hands of healthcare workers along with a mask mandate, he’d be a fuckin hero right now.  He completely shit the bed and it fucked us all.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thepop said:

Only if there is a Comey October surprise. Also there are other numbers that suggest the races are not similar (likability for one).

And a lot less undecideds right now.  No one is switching sides so the 1% or whatever undecideds are all that’s left to change those percentages.  Well them and voter fraud / suppression.

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

not to derail you, because you seem to be having a pleasant afternoon here on the surl, but in regards to the courts, i was wondering if you (or some of the attys around here) could clarify how this would get to the supreme court.

i know there will be suits filed in every state biden wins, and probably some of the states trump wins, just because.  what type of ruling in what states needs to happen for this to even be an option for the supreme court to get involved.  i know there's a process, you can't just yell "nope, taking this to the supreme court", but i don't know what that exact process is for voting like this.

If only we had an example of how this works within say the last 20 years.

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

And a lot less undecideds right now.  No one is switching sides so the 1% or whatever undecideds are all that’s left to change those percentages.  Well them and voter fraud / suppression.

The problem with a potential “Comey October surprise” is the DOJ has ZERO credibility with Bill Barr.  His political capital has been exhausted beyond any possible fuckery.  Comey, to a literal fault, was a boy scout which is why his letter inflicted so much damage.  Barr can’t generate that, even if he manages to indict Joe Biden a week b/f the election.

4 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I agree with this.  Had Trump immediately taken action to get US companies cranking out PPE and testing/tracing resources and gotten it into the hands of healthcare workers along with a mask mandate, he’d be a fuckin hero right now.  He completely shit the bed and it fucked us all.  

he didn't even have to take action.  just be empathetic, communicate with the people, and let the scientists/doctors and federal agencies like the cdc do (checks notes) exactly what they're already supposed to do.

if he fell into a coma one year ago and woke up yesterday, the covid response would've been far better with thousands fewer dead.  that is fact.  probably have better poll numbers and approval rating as well.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

This is the last campaign Donald gets to have, he’s keeping all that campaign money for himself through whatever nefarious means.

also just saw Biden’s Texas ad for Hispanic voters and essential workers here in Austin during the Astros game.

I’m thinking if I were a fly on the wall that maybe Mr. and Mrs. Kushner have figured out a way to siphon or divert the campaign funds as even Jared cannot be so blind as to see what is rapidly approaching. Trump is deteriorating but they are young. Takes some dough to live that lifestyle and pay for the attorneys they will need. 

Bet Brad is relieved to be many states away while the mania continues.

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Bet Brad is relieved to be many states away while the mania continues.

What? He's the dude who was stealing from them in the first place and is a big reason they have money troubles! He's mad that he can't get his cut!

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

If only we had an example of how this works within say the last 20 years.

right, but how would it work if he's challenging results in 15 states?  not every case can just be elevated to the supreme court on his say so.  there is some sort of process, right?  florida didn't end up in the supreme court just because republicans felt like it.  it showed to be very tight and had all the chad drama and whatever.  having that type of situation happen in every state seems unlikely.  i'm asking what the actual process or scenario is for it to go from local court all the way to supreme court in this type of scenario.  are they just waiting for the lower courts to give them decisions they don't like, then they appeal and move it up?  i don't know how it works and nobody has actually tried to explain it.

(i also admit that i was too young to pay attention to the minutiae of what happened in 2000 at the time, and haven't done much reading up on it since.  i liked recount though.)

1 minute ago, Post Oak said:

I wonder if he's planning on absconding with the campaign money

Via money laundering?  You bet your ass.  They'll find a way to make a lot of big payments to friendly "consultants" and whatnot.....with a side deal that such money will go their way.

Or, you know, have multiple super-expensive campaign events at Mar a Lago etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Went to San Marcos Airport and back today and noticed 5 or so Biden signs off the feeders around 35. No Trump signs, a few Chip Roy. 

I see Chip Roy signs everywhere, but not on people's lawns (unlike Wendy).  I see the bigger ones that are on the side of roads which means they are placed by the campaign. No one gives a shit about him.

2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Wtf is he doing now?

What he always does.  This isn't hard to discern.  There is no grand plan.  There's only Donald.  That's all he's ever had, and all he's ever used.  It is what it is because he is what he is:

2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

stunningly stupid. 

Exactly. 

17 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I wonder if he's planning on absconding with the campaign money

even from the first campaign he always referred to it as 'his money'.  That article from way back where Christie is explaining that yes, he has to field a transition team, and yes, he needs that team to get with Obama's team to, you know, transition a working government.  Trump was cool until he found out that Christie had used campaign funds to pay for it then went ballistic that it was his money and wtf was Christie doing spending his money. 

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Via money laundering?  You bet your ass.  They'll find a way to make a lot of big payments to friendly "consultants" and whatnot.....with a side deal that such money will go their way.

Or, you know, have multiple super-expensive campaign events at Mar a Lago etc.

trump’s ‘24 campaign will start on nov 4th so the fundraising will never really stop. they’ll do it in plain sight. 

They'll just revert a lot quicker to "just asking questions" to end the conversation. It's been a fairly consistent formula.
Step 1: plan on bringing up a topic out of the blue to someone that they clearly have been reading about the past day. They have all these talking points to bum rush someone with and that someone doesn't have actual facts on hand because they didn't know that friend/family member/coworker was going to be doing this today.
Step 2: simple logic would usually be enough of a rebuttal, but whatever they read or listened to already addressed the easy logical counterarguments and prepared them with a rebuttal to memorize.
Step 3: their victim is now irritated enough to go to a credible source to try to shut the conversation down so everyone can move on with their day. However, that source is "fake news" and not a credible source to them, even though it could even be a .gov website or the NIH or CDC, etc.
Step 4: their victim now pulls 5 to 10 more sources saying the same thing and asks the aggressor for their sources. Surprise, it's only one source and it's some far right or worse propaganda machine, it's their only source, and when you ask them for more...
Step 5: "I'm just asking questions." That's their parachute for when the jump out of a conversation. They are all out of the arguments and rebuttals that were prepared for them by their source. They did none of the leg work themselves, their education doesn't go much farther beyond that, and once that supply is exhausted they have to end the conversation as soon as possible to preserve what little false sense of superiority they feel they have left. Someone acting in good faith would actually visit some of the opposing sources to see if maybe they were in the wrong there, but instead they run back to the propaganda playbook to see where they went wrong and move on to the next opponent.
I do this dance about once a month with my mom and have recognized this pattern with friends who are also dealing with loved ones and friends who are deep in it. I don't think it will go away, but the source material will be less. I think we are still in for a tumultuous year 1 of Biden's presidency. What happened over the last 4 years isn't going away on 01/20/2021. It's going to have to burn itself out and there is going to be some lashing out, unfortunately. I think it will go the opposite of NO POLITICS for at least a year. Think of the screaming woman at the inauguration that was memed. We're going to get a lot of that in 2021 from the other side.

Just skip straight to step 4 when the conversation starts. That usually ends things.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

This dumb motherfucker tweeted out an 800 pt haircut to the market a month out from the election after tweeting about 401ks vote!!  He dun and dead in the water. 

I haven't participated much in the medication guessing but it really does seem like he's manic with that decision. I don't know, maybe not. But it's completely believable that none of the cowards who make up his inner circle are willing to "lose" his phone and other logged in devices. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

the only thing i can think of is that he's going to put together his own stimulus bill somehow and then get that passed without the help of the house or the senate (lol).

kinda like when he cancelled funding for the boy scouts or whatever, then reinstates it, then tweets, "i just saved the boy scouts!"

invent the illness, sell the cure.

Well, yes, this is what will happen. He creates a disaster and then claims he fixes the problem he created. He has done this too many times to count in the last four years. I expect an agreement on a stimulus by next Friday at the latest and he will claim he saved the American people all by himself. 

• Like 1

He's done stupid shit at this level before.  Firing Comey (at the time) was viewed as monumentally dumb.  It was Jared's recommendation.  

Maybe Jared recommended this, since he just did the ME deals, and perhaps Trump thought "hey the kid's on a roll, so why not?"

Narrator: that shit was going to happen anyway.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Not unfair.

And I dream of being not just wrong, but wildly wrong.  Of seeing an undeniable Biden landslide.  Of seeing it being so big and obvious that the election is called Tuesday night.  I want that.  I want it very, very badly.

I dare not hope for that.  There's a lot that I want that I've learned not to hope for.

Brisket. The good fairy grants your wish and your dreams will all come true. 

Brisket, from now on, you are a real boy. 

Oh and Biden will win the election in a rout. It will remind you of the heady days of Mackovick V. UCLA. 

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

And this is part of the reason why I have always said that Trump will be the GOP nominee in 2024.

if he thinks he's done in 2020, and wants to get his grift on for another 4 years of fundraising, then it all kinda makes sense.

i've long since thought he would run in 2024 as well, if he's still breathing.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

why do people have such a hard time with it's and its?

I don't know.  And I'm glad that I'm not the only one who immediately noticed that.

Honestly, if he were running against virtually anybody other than Donald Trump, I might have to vote against Biden for that.

• Haha 1

Interesting.  I just noticed that Fidelity has an election information "center" or page.

While Fidelity does cater to and rely on the "investor class," it's not the fat cat pigs that GS and the big banks rely on and cater to, merely the financially privileged.

There's no hysteria or attempt to catastrophize anything, or sway anyone's vote, just advice for regular investors to tailor their holdings to coming changes.

Their advice seems predicated on a Biden win, and increased taxes and closing of some loopholes related to investment.  You can't help but think they think Biden will win.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Interesting.  I just noticed that Fidelity has an election information "center" or page.

While Fidelity does cater to and rely on the "investor class," it's not the fat cat pigs that GS and the big banks rely on and cater to, merely the financially privileged.

There's no hysteria or attempt to catastrophize anything, or sway anyone's vote, just advice for regular investors to tailor their holdings to coming changes.

Their advice seems predicated on a Biden win, and increased taxes and closing of some loopholes related to investment.  You can't help but think they think Biden will win.

Goldman Sachs releases a report today saying they predict a Biden win and they think the economy will rebound much faster under Biden. 

moody’s released a similar economic outlook last week. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2