2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Yeah this is going to be the worst case pyrrhic victory scenario.

Biden wins a squeaker with Trumpkins "feeling" robbed and the Senate still in McConnell's blue rotting clutches.

The next 6 weeks are going to a scary situation and the next four years are going to be.....I don't know.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I'm slightly confused by all the confusion surrounding Trump's play here.

I was under the impression this is what we've all been predicting for like 3 years.

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I don't think anyone is confused.

Pissed, outraged, depressed, worried, terrified are words I'd use.  Not confused.

Yes, what Bama says. It's not a matter of being surprised. It's a matter of the gravity of the act itself. He doesn't care what he does to this country which he doesn't even understand. Trump is Malign Idiot World personified.

We're being defined tonight as a nation. It ain't pretty.

Where are the Twitter pundits using their models to forecast the remaining outstanding votes to tell me whether there is enough outstanding vote for Biden in PA, WI, and MI?

(I realize the NYT needle is basically doing this for GA, and I have pretty much written off NC)

Just now, Bama Chick said:

Biden wins a squeaker with Trumpkins "feeling" robbed and the Senate still in McConnell's blue rotting clutches.

The next 6 weeks are going to a scary situation and the next four years are going to be.....I don't know.

That sounds like best case scenario.

How about Trump wins GA, NC, MI, and PA with the Senate staying GOP.  That extends a much worse scenario out 2 to 4 years. 

1 minute ago, swraith said:

That sounds like best case scenario.

How about Trump wins GA, NC, MI, and PA with the Senate staying GOP.  That extends a much worse scenario out 2 to 4 years. 

Well, yes.  But in all the "Kick his fat ass out of our White House" scenarios we are currently watching the worst case scenario play out.

I get that most of tonight isn't a surprise based on the polls.  I didn't really expect Texas, NC or Ohio. 

The thing I don't get is how Wisconsin is even close.  The polls were consistently Biden by 7-11.  How could they be that wrong that often?

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

John King laying out a pretty tough climb for Biden in PA. 

Their numbers of outstanding ballots were way off.  There are about 2.2 MM mail-in votes, not 1.4. And those are vastly from urban areas.

Trump has a 673K vote lead right now.  If the mail-in ballots break 65-35 for Biden, that's about break even.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

According to this map I did and with Arizona being called by AP he just needs Wisconsin and Michigan 

36B7DC7D-200D-4983-994F-55BB7405584D.png

From what I can tell, if either guy wins 2 of PA, MI, or WI, they get to 270. Is that incorrect?

2 minutes ago, APMP said:

Where are the Twitter pundits using their models to forecast the remaining outstanding votes to tell me whether there is enough outstanding vote for Biden in PA, WI, and MI?

(I realize the NYT needle is basically doing this for GA, and I have pretty much written off NC)

Kornacki does a great job at this, breaking it down by district level, and he doesn't pull punches. 

guess i'm gonna throw in the towel for the night.

i told my French exchange student, since it's like 8am over there...she may know the winner before i do 🤣

texas-ffffff.gif

Just now, fellside said:

I get that most of tonight isn't a surprise based on the polls.  I didn't really expect Texas, NC or Ohio. 

The thing I don't get is how Wisconsin is even close.  The polls were consistently Biden by 7-11.  How could they be that wrong that often?

Polling seems to have gotten even worse since 2016. And is it really a surprise? I only answer unfamiliar phone numbers because of my job. And as soon as I realize it’s not work or a personal call, I say no thanks and hang up. Or just hang up. Maybe Democrats answer unknown calls more then republicans leading to a higher poll #.

democrats also cannot motivate some of their base to vote but I would argue that means they’re not the democrat base.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

If we get here we should feel lucky

7 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I can but can't believe what I just heard.

I am glad that I have a pretty strong faith in God so I don’t worry about this stuff.  However, I am disappointed in hearing him stand up there in front of the country and world and lie and sound like a strong man leading some banana republic. It was ridiculous and really without precedent. 

If trump stays I wonder how long until an actual manufactured biological agent is released in the US to ride the coat tails of coronavirus and plunge the country in far deeper despair? That or some other veiled attack is not much of a longshot is it? We are weakened and ripe for non-military attack. 

• Fuck You 2

25 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

John King laying out a pretty tough climb for Biden in PA. 

Yeah, that's my impression too.

14 minutes ago, wood said:

From what I can tell, if either guy wins 2 of PA, MI, or WI, they get to 270. Is that incorrect?

Yes, I think that's right.

14 minutes ago, swraith said:

Nate Silver is looking rough at 2am.

If Trump beats him again, Silver is basically done.

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Polling seems to have gotten even worse since 2016. And is it really a surprise? I only answer unfamiliar phone numbers because of my job. And as soon as I realize it’s not work or a personal call, I say no thanks and hang up. Or just hang up. Maybe Democrats answer unknown calls more then republicans leading to a higher poll #.

democrats also cannot motivate some of their base to vote but I would argue that means they’re not the democrat base.

I think it's become apparent there are a TON of Americans out there who are embarrassed/ashamed to tell the pollsters that they're Team Trump. (That should tell the electorate something -- if that's where you are, maybe your candidate is a piece of fucking shit.)

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think that is exactly it. Democrats are more likely unemployed so they answer the unknown phone calls and spam texts.

But seriously I’ve made your argument a bunch to people tonight. And 2016 pollsters never accounted for how much hatred there was for Hillary - and Obama.

So how does the USPS order to sweep post offices across the country by 3PM today matter? The report came out that they couldn't do that. Wondering how many ballots weren't "flagged" and therefore aren't included in the final count? Or am I over-thinking this?

6 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

If trump stays I wonder how long until an actual manufactured biological agent is released in the US to ride the coat tails of coronavirus and plunge the country in far deeper despair? That or some other veiled attack is not much of a longshot is it? We are weakened and ripe for non-military attack. 

The election proves one thing.  There’s lot of assholes out there in this country. We literally have millions of people who love having a president because “ I have mine screw you, give me tax cuts, fuck off get a job. You deserve no help or safety net”  And people who don’t mind that the president has the mentality of a first grade child / bully. 

this country is going to take a nose dive with this idiot running the show.

I was in London right after brexit in 2016 and hopped in a Black cab.  The driver started chatting me up I told him I was from Texas and he said well we're (uk) the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet after this brexit thing maybe you guys will be the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet come November. I chuckled laughing thinking there's no fucking way we elect Donald trump. And now he's within 2 million fucking votes of the popular vote for his reelection bid? There's zero doubt we are the laughing stock of the entire world at this point.

7 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Wisconsin doesn’t look great.   It’s more clear Biden has to win Milwaukee absentee ballots by an absurd margin to make up the difference.

I will go ahead and say it - given that executive branch clearly doesn’t respect the rule of law or value free elections, it controls the post office in a year of unprecedented mail in ballots, and it has essentially just tried to incite sympathetic state officials to do what they can to freeze the race as it is now - there is very little assurance that the results we are getting now are even legitimate to begin with, to say nothing of what happens after now with the uncounted votes.   Putin won.

Trump currently has a statewide lead of ~109K. 

Milwaukee county is currently +22 for Biden with 48% reporting.  If Biden wins 60% of the remaining ballots there, that's approximately another 177K, and Trump gets another 118K.

So, that would cut Trump's statewide lead to about 50K.