2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And if anything, the American military was worried about what Japanese citizens would do when WE invaded THEIR mainland, given how they behaved on the outer islands.  

And rightfully so, from the Solomon Islands to Okinawa and even some covert scout missions into Kyushu.....it became readily apparent that the challenge wasn't Japanese civilians with small arms.  They were doing something that hadn't even occurred to students of modern warfare---placing every single citizen (woman, child, elderly) into entrenched positions with swords, bamboo sticks, suicidal explosives, chemical agents, etc.  Shit we hadn't imagined was even an option.  We didn't hesitate our expeditionary invasion plans because we heard the Japanese owned some handguns.  It was more of a question of how to move 5 million troops halfway across the world with weird shit like food and ammo.  

Anyway, I gotta hear more from these MAGA dipshits about how our 2A kept us free from the Japanese.  I know they're dumb in real life and ignorant about the future, I guess I didn't stop to appreciate how idiotic their revisionist history could be either 

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Yes, gun culture is toxic. When I used to shoot IDPA before Best in the West shut down, damn near every other person was wearing campaign or "Hillary for prison" gear, and other dumb shit like that. Gun owners shouldn't be praising dangerous criminals like the danger WASPs or rittenhouse. "No compromise" gun politics have taken over the rhetoric, and are all the same qanon and conspiracy adjacent loonies that are the voting base of the republican party. 

I didn't say that you were stoking the rhetoric, I said the people you vote for and defend on this board do. And you're still refusing to acknowledge the ongoing encouragement by the white house and GOP of armed insurrection against a state government. 

The vast majority of our country is moderate. Compared to the rest of the world that majority is slightly center-right. Most of those center-right folks have not realized the party they traditionally vote with has been co-opted by whackados who have embraced the extreme right. IMO they are waking up to that fact and will absolutely not go down the road of taking up arms against the government.

Another reason for my optimism is the vast majority of the left has no interest in listening to the whackadoos on the extreme left. Civil Wars happen when the 10% or so on each extreme gain a significant voice within their respective parties. These folks want to pull you into their camp or push you into the opposing camp and really don’t care which side you choose as long as there ends up being a fight. I don’t see that happening here. 

• Hook 'Em 2

And it finally ends when the last two survivors come face to face in the ruins and one kills the other.  Then there will be peace among mAn.  I seem to remember some story from my childhood that this all started with a fight between brothers.  Cain and Abel, or something like that?

d96c8685c1020d20077be5f10e204a8b.jpg

As long as the Yangs beat the Coms
  • Like 2

Any updates, bitch? 

Guys....he was literally a paid troll. GRUhorn is an accurate name. Last post was on 11/10.

Remember TCUfan on the scat site? Same thing. Fake identity as a Texan, disseminated insane Trumpist divisive propaganda, then disappeared after the election when his job was done.

We have foreign paid trolls right here in river city. Makes you feel kinda important, don’t it?

The flipside of this argument is that there are a very substantial number of 2A proponents who see these morons for who they are.   It's one thing to rattle sabers, run your mouths,  and shit.   Should the shooting ever truly start and terroristic acts occur, within the vein of thought being discussed in this thread, not only will the idiots face the full force of the US military, but they will face a metric crapton of their fellow gun owners who still believe in our country.

This. You militia fucks really want to step out and commit open hostilities against my state and country, emboldened by the delusion that anyone not on your team is a buncha “soy boys?” Fuck around and find out.

Noting would be more satisfying to me - and to men like Mattis and McRaven - than putting 180 grains into some fuckers violently attacking MY country. Dumbasses think they’re the only armed folks. Wrong-o moose breath.

I have no guns, but lots of non-Trumpkins do. There is a movement of arms purchasing from African Americans who won’t let fat white supremacist bubbas with black guns decide their participation in America. It is more difficult to massacre the well armed.

Bingo. Again, these Gravy Seals think they’re the armed superheroes, and everyone else is cowering “soy boys.” FAAFO.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

The vast majority of our country is moderate. Compared to the rest of the world that majority is slightly center-right. Most of those center-right folks have not realized the party they traditionally vote with has been co-opted by whackados who have embraced the extreme right. IMO they are waking up to that fact and will absolutely not go down the road of taking up arms against the government.

Another reason for my optimism is the vast majority of the left has no interest in listening to the whackadoos on the extreme left. Civil Wars happen when the 10% or so on each extreme gain a significant voice within their respective parties. These folks want to pull you into their camp or push you into the opposing camp and really don’t care which side you choose as long as there ends up being a fight. I don’t see that happening here. 

This. When people lament that 70 million people voted for trump, they don’t realize that 40 million or so of those people never really watch the news and certainly don’t make posts on political message boards.

They are still getting paid. Trump seems to be doing ok in that regard, and the dems want to raise taxes. That’s it. That’s as far as their thinking calculus goes. 

• Hook 'Em 4

No.  Whatever you want to say about Reagan, he was a great speaker and pretty inspirational, he projected humanity and decency, even if it was all bullshit.  
People liked him a lot because of that, but it wasn't this kind of insane worship.
Listening to The Dollop (guest was Patton Oswalt... I know it's not high academia, but it's a fun look at it) run-down of Reagan, the similarities between Reagan and Trump are striking. The corruption, the incompetence, it made me realize that we're lucky to only have 4 years of Trump.... maybe the electorate is actually getting smarter.

This.
One the bigger arguments I get into with some of my "friends who think they are rebels" is that simply owning a firearm in no way, shape, or form makes you a soldier.  They insist gun ownership( which I strongly advocate) is the reason Japan didn't invade the US during WWII and it's why the leftists in our country haven't imprisoned us all.  All i know is that 21-22 year old me would kick my 50 year old ass without even breaking a sweat.  These dumbasses aren't going to realistically fight anyone.  The people who are smart enough to do it, don't engage such idiocy.
The flipside of this argument is that there are a very substantial number of 2A proponents who see these morons for who they are.   It's one thing to rattle sabers, run your mouths,  and shit.   Should the shooting ever truly start and terroristic acts occur, within the vein of thought being discussed in this thread, not only will the idiots face the full force of the US military, but they will face a metric crapton of their fellow gun owners who still believe in our country.
Un-Slorched?

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Noting would be more satisfying to me - and to men like Mattis and McRaven - than putting 180 grains into some fuckers violently attacking MY country

This is a really good example of someone being pushed into the other camp. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not to mention the local law enforcement - Deputy Sheriff Bubba will tolerate those guys, up until they declare that they are in charge.  Deputy Sheriff Bubba will not tolerate a challenge to his authority.
They sure tolerate them crossing a couple lines they won't tolerate us "libs" cross. b9074b33cf7398d6ebae01d99f4f750b.jpg

This is a really good example of someone being pushed into the other camp. 

They can think, say, and vote however they want.

When they take the final step - committing acts of violence against my country - I confess that it would be an absolute pleasure to stop them cold.

I feel that way about anyone who would attack my country. The minute they commit violence, they are no different than the 9/11 hijackers.

FAAFO.
  • Hook 'Em 2

All this burble about militias and Random Dudes with Guns.

Y'all, a gun makes somebody a soldier the same way a helmet makes somebody a football player.

There is so much more going on (EG a little thing called "tactics" that you really don't want to learn while getting shot at) than just X dudes + Y weapons. The Third World Army with Lots of New Shit (TWAWLNS) is standard around the world, and crumples when poked by a real army with even halfway decent Old Shit. TWAWLNS is better than any bunch of Wolverines.

If you bump into a US Army platoon, you are not fighting 30 guys who were just wandering at random. They have a mission, and are wired in as a piece of a company, of a battalion, and on up, with access to support at every level. Even the low-level support would rock Cletus. Drones? How bout a good old mortar shell?

The hardest-core Cleti might cause some trouble sniping-- it appears to be all they train for. Then they'd die. As for the rest, the casualty rate would depend on how well the troops had absorbed that talk about the Geneva Conventions.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

When they take the final step - committing acts of violence against my country - I confess that it would be an absolute pleasure to stop them cold.

I feel that way about anyone who would attack my country. The minute they commit violence, they are no different than the 9/11 hijackers.

FAAFO.

Your rhetoric is bloodier than anyone else’s on this site. You have wished for a poster to hold his child in his arms as his blood drains from him for posting things you disagree with. That is the most glaring example but there are others that show you are spoiling for a fight specifically with the right. Thankfully most of us aren’t like that

What most of y’all fail to realize is that unless trump drops dead, hopefully next year on my birthday, is that IF he’s alive he  he is going to spend the next four years utterly destroying the GOP.  

No one will win a Republican primary if trump opposes them and therefore you will have to be a complete and total piece of shit to win a Republican primary which will cause you to lose in the general election of any reasonable jurisdiction.

If he lives trump will destroy the Republican Party.

Good.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Bingo. Again, these Gravy Seals think they’re the armed superheroes, and everyone else is cowering “soy boys.” FAAFO.

I want to see Bubba Trump play Wolverine when the real military (it would be NG because posse comitatus) shows up. Waco would look like Six Flags. LAW AND ORDER! 

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Some men, you just can't reach.

So you get what we have here -- which is the way they wants it.

Well, they gets it.

And I don't like it anymore than you men.

• Hook 'Em 1

You know, the way they insist that trump won makes me think they committed fraud that they believe would ensure a victory, but they underestimated how many people would be voting for Biden. Trump did, after all, increase his vote total from 2016 by millions. 
And THAT makes me question the 2016 results. I have just as much evidence as they do to support this theory. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

Your rhetoric is bloodier than anyone else’s on this site. You have wished for a poster to hold his child in his arms as his blood drains from him for posting things you disagree with. That is the most glaring example but there are others that show you are spoiling for a fight specifically with the right. Thankfully most of us aren’t like that

He speaks of a time when furrowed brows won’t cut it. Nobody is ‘spoiling for ‘ it. But history shows that the unimaginable can become reality quicker than we act. I see him more just pronouncing which side he is on than welcoming the event.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

He speaks of a time when furrowed brows won’t cut it. Nobody is ‘spoiling for ‘ it. But history shows that the unimaginable can become reality quicker than we act. I see him more just pronouncing which side he is on than welcoming the event.

Many people are spoiling for it. I’m optimistic not enough are

I want to see Bubba Trump play Wolverine when the real military (it would be NG because posse comitatus) shows up. Waco would look like Six Flags. LAW AND ORDER! 
What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Some men, you just can't reach.
So you get what we have here -- which is the way they wants it.
Well, they gets it.
And I don't like it anymore than you men.

What’s so civil about war anyway?
  • Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You know, the way they insist that trump won makes me think they committed fraud that they believe would ensure a victory, but they underestimated how many people would be voting for Biden. Trump did, after all, increase his vote total from 2016 by millions. 
And THAT makes me question the 2016 results. I have just as much evidence as they do to support this theory. 

This has actually crossed my mind more than once. Like they ran the same play to change a few hundred votes here and there in Michigan and Wisconsin like 2016, but totally under estimated turnout. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Yeah slorch has been sounding downright reasonable lately. I’m getting confused. 

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I was going to post this yesterday. Who hijacked his account?

It's a product of the Republican party further descending into madness. People will laugh off the crazies in their party and blow off concern from others about them as long as they have evidence that sanity still rules supreme for the majority of them. That's all gone now. As I stated prior, I think the Giuliani/Powell presser was rock bottom. Having talking heads and the random freshman congress person that don't directly represent them say these things, it's easy to toss aside. Have the head of Trump's legal strategy go up there and rattled off the crazy while black hair dye oozes down their face and then have the other one sound like she is one step away from a total mental break and a padded room and Rs are starting to man the life boats. We're seeing all kinds of R defection now as more and more Republican voters are starting to do their best Seinfeldleavingtheplay.gif impression.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Yeah slorch has been sounding downright reasonable lately. I’m getting confused. 

One of or a combination of two things:

1. The standard of reasonableness has shifted so that anything short of a raving lunatic seems reasonable these days. Call it the glass half-empty instead of bursting into flames scenario.

2. The raving lunatics can have a moderating effect on many normal people. Seeing your side become so openly destructive can be a call to self-reflection. This is the glass half-full scenario. 

11 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

This has actually crossed my mind more than once. Like they ran the same play to change a few hundred votes here and there in Michigan and Wisconsin like 2016, but totally under estimated turnout. 

Trump and his campaign staff’s complete confidence and insistence that the polls are wrong, for both 2016 and 2020, is nice corroborating circumstantial evidence that they knew the race was rigged in their favor. It’s all adding up. 

Nope. I don’t want this. I never wanted ANY of this. Which is why I’ve spent several years sounding the alarm as loudly as I can.

I didn’t want the El Paso Walmart massacre....but I saw to coming a fucking mile away. I didn’t want to see Jews massacred at the Tree of Life synagogue because they are part of a “globalist pro immigrant anti American conspiracy”...but I saw it coming a mile away.

That’s my entire fucking point. I’m not warning against shit that MIGHT happen. I’m warning against shit that already has a PATTERN of happening, and has a material likelihood of continuing to happen.

And I don’t want that. I don’t want any of it. It fucking pisses me off that it HAS happened. And it’s maddening that I’m called a loon for pointing out that the basis for the pattern has only STRENGTHENED. How about instead of ignoring the warning signs, you take them fucking seriously. What will it take? That’s why I raise the image of YOUR children bleeding out in a Walmart. Because apparently, OTHER people’s kids bleeding out on a shopping trip doesn’t set off any alarm bells.

And so much this. The unimaginable is ALREADY happening. It has to stop. We have to act together to stop it.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

FAAFO.

You won’t do jack shit and you know it.

22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope. I don’t want this. I never wanted ANY of this. Which is why I’ve spent several years sounding the alarm as loudly as I can.

I didn’t want the El Paso Walmart massacre....but I saw to coming a fucking mile away. I didn’t want to see Jews massacred at the Tree of Life synagogue because they are part of a “globalist pro immigrant anti American conspiracy”...but I saw it coming a mile away.

That’s my entire fucking point. I’m not warning against shit that MIGHT happen. I’m warning against shit that already has a PATTERN of happening, and has a material likelihood of continuing to happen.

And I don’t want that. I don’t want any of it. It fucking pisses me off that it HAS happened. And it’s maddening that I’m called a loon for pointing out that the basis for the pattern has only STRENGTHENED. How about instead of ignoring the warning signs, you take them fucking seriously. What will it take? That’s why I raise the image of YOUR children bleeding out in a Walmart. Because apparently, OTHER people’s kids bleeding out on a shopping trip doesn’t set off any alarm bells.

And so much this. The unimaginable is ALREADY happening. It has to stop. We have to act together to stop it.

Can we at least wait to act until we have doctors, nurses, beds, and equipment to treat war wounded?  Those things are otherwise occupied at the present by a hoax. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Can we at least wait to act until we have doctors, nurses, beds, and equipment to treat war wounded?  Those things are otherwise occupied at the present by a hoax. 

That's where the empty Walmarts and Blue Bell trucks come into play.

You won’t do jack shit and you know it.

I sire as hell hope not. I’d hope that our current law enforcement and, and to the extent relevant, military, take care of business. That’s they way shit like this is SUPPOSED to work.

I spent zero minutes, for example, hunting down Al Qaeda after 9/11. I counted on my government to do its job.

The difference here is that much of our government is actually aligned with the terrorist movement they are stoking. That creates a different layer of concern.

49 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I want to echo this, and make the comment, which has probably been made before elsewhere on this message board, that one silver lining of COVID is the reprieve from mass shootings because of limited crowd gatherings (save and except protests). 

In a post-election and post-pandemic 2021, with schools, music venues, nightclubs, etc. fully opening back up, all that shit is going to pick up right where it left off, and probably amplified.  Scares the ever-living fuck out of me. 

• Like 1

You did not lose! You can not have lost because I switched the damn tallies!

20c926b791b044f2c0c95d5c811f0f32.jpg

All this burble about militias and Random Dudes with Guns.
Y'all, a gun makes somebody a soldier the same way a helmet makes somebody a football player.
There is so much more going on (EG a little thing called "tactics" that you really don't want to learn while getting shot at) than just X dudes + Y weapons. The Third World Army with Lots of New Shit (TWAWLNS) is standard around the world, and crumples when poked by a real army with even halfway decent Old Shit. TWAWLNS is better than any bunch of Wolverines.
If you bump into a US Army platoon, you are not fighting 30 guys who were just wandering at random. They have a mission, and are wired in as a piece of a company, of a battalion, and on up, with access to support at every level. Even the low-level support would rock Cletus. Drones? How bout a good old mortar shell?
The hardest-core Cleti might cause some trouble sniping-- it appears to be all they train for. Then they'd die. As for the rest, the casualty rate would depend on how well the troops had absorbed that talk about the Geneva Conventions.

Repping for ‘Cleti’
  • Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

This is akin to me asking my black jack dealer to recreate the deck from 5 hours ago to prove she didn't cheat me. "OHH YOU SHUFFLED IT DID YOU! SEE YOU CHEATED" Then security throw me out on the street. 

The effort to overturn the count using possibilities rather than probabilities is greatly tied by the "Fallacy of Gray" 

If there is no black and white, there are lighter and darker shades of grays.  Not all grays (wrong answers) are the same.

Asimov’s “The Relativity of Wrong” - 

• When people thought the earth was flat, they were wrong.
  • When people thought the earth was spherical, they were wrong (the figure of the Earth is more accurately described as an ellipsoid - not spherical - dates to the 17th century, as described by Isaac Newton in Principia.) 
  • But if you think that thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the earth is flat," then your view is "more wrong" than both of them put together.

More simply put - Everything is possible, but some possibilities are closer to impossible and others are closer to probable. They should not be treated the same. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2