2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

11 minutes ago, Foosters said:

It's our own Avignon Papacy. The 21st century Western Schism with one residing in DC claiming the title, and the other in Mar-a-Lago.

Nah. We have laws against impersonating a federal official. The minute Trump begins to hold himself out as the rightful president, the Secret Service will hand him over the the DOJ.

16 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

How long does this go on?  Post Inauguration? A lifetime?

A cult never dies because the cultist want the lies to be real. There will always cultist people, but most of them will move on to the next cult wave....eventually. 

1. Trump will be banned from Twitter. The chances of Trump adhering to the Twitter rules are the same as Emily Murphy quitting carbs. This will significantly cut down his reach. He will have Parler that no one uses and probably is a Russian backed scam and random press conferences, but hopefully no one will cover other than to mock. 

2. Trump will be prosecuted for Tax Fraud and Insurance Fraud, along with Ivanka. I'm sure there will be tons of other fallout from his four years of Grift. This will only perpetuate the cult, but it has to be done to protect the future of democracy. 

3. Trumpism will die over time. Since it will be viewed harshly in hindsight in the lens of corruption, stupidity, ignorance, criminal neglect, blatant racism, it might end sooner but who knows. It will become a label of treason that most GOP will avoid like the plague, but if Twitter never bans him, and he is not prosecuted, it will only let the cult to survive and multiply. 

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

Nah. We have laws against impersonating a federal official. The minute Trump begins to hold himself out as the rightful president, the Secret Service will hand him over the the DOJ.

Agree that is how it is supposed to work - and most likely will work. I hate to be a buttmonkey, but . . . 

https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2020/10/22/trump-law-order-praetorian-guard/

In the political tinderbox that Trump has created, steady determination on the part of Democrats is more apt than rancorous confrontation to ensure maximum turnout, an orderly process, and voter access.

This is not to say that their self-discipline will guarantee a smooth transition. A win for Biden—whether definite or suspect—might well give rise to major pro-Trump demonstrations, possibly violent ones. As a nominal lame duck, Trump may claim the election was fraudulent, angle for help from a Supreme Court now likely to be more conservative following the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and resist relinquishing the White House. Roger Stone, whose forty-month prison sentence for crimes connected with Russian interference in the 2016 election Trump commuted in July, has publicly suggested that if he loses the election he should declare martial law and confiscate ballot boxes. A suspect win for Trump would surely produce anti-Trump protests larger and more widespread than the recent ones, and provide an excuse for a more extensive federal crackdown. The Biden team should have lawyers ready for action in all potentially relevant jurisdictions, prepared for a civil and constitutional crisis.

The main thrust of Trump’s effort to preclude a Biden victory will likely be to attack the integrity of the mail-in voting process. But if there is a consensus projection of a clear Biden win on election night, before most mail-in ballots are counted, Trump’s strategy will be seriously compromised. Despite the looming dread, the most urgent priority for Democrats is not to fret or demonstrate provocatively in the streets but to stay healthy and vote—in person, if at all possible.

—September 24, 2020

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

A cult never dies because the cultist want the lies to be real. There will always cultist people, but most of them will move on to the next cult wave....eventually. 

1. Trump will be banned from Twitter. The chances of Trump adhering to the Twitter rules are the same as Emily Murphy quitting carbs. This will significantly cut down his reach. He will have Parler that no one uses and probably is a Russian backed scam and random press conferences, but hopefully no one will cover other than to mock. 

2. Trump will be prosecuted for Tax Fraud and Insurance Fraud, along with Ivanka. I'm sure there will be tons of other fallout from his four years of Grift. This will only perpetuate the cult, but it has to be done to protect the future of democracy. 

3. Trumpism will die over time. Since it will be viewed harshly in hindsight in the lens of corruption, stupidity, ignorance, criminal neglect, blatant racism, it might end sooner but who knows. It will become a label of treason that most GOP will avoid like the plague, but if Twitter never bans him, and he is not prosecuted, it will only let the cult to survive and multiply. 

Rational and reasonable. I am a bit concerned his devotees (think aggy) are neither. 

12 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Number Two I'm not going to hold my breath that anything will come of it. It may have to be done, but who (at this point) does not believe he has been laundering money for other entities for quite a while now? And who does not believe that maybe there are other high ranking people in Washington who may have looked the other way? It will be attempted in order to satisfy an attempt at proper governance but I have reservations of anything fruitful.

Number Three: Trumpism will be whitewashed (literally) but the propaganda and similarities will continue at the behest of the GOP. They have found a formula and are going to attempt to bottle and sell it. They've been noting the bloodlust (lock her up, etc) at the Trump rallies and someone within their group is going to take that and run with it. With an influx of cash, Parler may end up gaining some polish. It already has the propaganda and some of the other elements it needs to radicalize. It doesn't have to compete with Twitter if it serves to feed the beast. It will coexist with it. Dark days ahead.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

These batshit crazy people ran our government

All of that weird, emotional angst is bubbling up against the Republican party if they don't dive head first into the impossible.  When Trunque doesn't get his way he'll no longer get his orange and yellow juices flowing from attacking democrats on social media.  The fleshy meat at that point will be hurling invective and chaos at the GOP.  They're sitting way up on top of the powder keg they've been courting for the last 15 years and diabolical Donny will hold the match.  

How will Donny Bloat Rot react the first time he sees Mitch or Lindsey or Pence smile or even be slightly cordial around Biden on television while he's trying his best to stave off a pack of smart prosecutors with a half-assed criminal lawyer who is 25-years-old and wears a lone ranger mask and changed his name to LawFist?  His resentment is already off the charts.  He's gonna release the hounds.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

He might not have to impersonate a federal officer himself, but he will have plenty of people in our country who will claim he is still the President, and would act in his interests accordingly.

• Hook 'Em 1

This is our concern dude. But even if it doesn’t (and it almost certainly won’t) deligitimizing democracy itself for the losing side and a national party signing on to an effort to ask a state legislature overturn the result of an election is a real bad thing. Hard to unring that bell.

Yep. You can expect this in every GOP defeat going forward. Eventually it’ll work. This country is done.

27 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Mentioned reading about Dutch punishments to a Dutch friend, and he pointed out that the tarring and feathering of a flayed wrongdoer, and subsequent drawing and quartering were all performed post hanging. So, no barbarism to be found.

So, you're saying there is some kind of Robert's Rules of Order around said activities?

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

This article should be read by everyone poo-pooing people raising the alarm about this nonsense being a real coup attempt.

These quotes particularly stuck out -

Two years ago, I lived through a coup in Sri Lanka. It was stupid. The minority party threw chili powder at everyone in Parliament and took over by farce. Math, however, requires a majority and the courts kicked them out. They gave in. We’d been protesting for weeks and yay, we won.

No.

I didn’t know it at the time, but we had already lost. No one knew — but oh my God, what we lost. The legitimate government came back but it was divided and weak. We were divided and weak. We were vulnerable.

Four months later, on Easter Sunday, some assholes attacked multiple churches and hotels, killing 269 of us. My wife and kids were at church, I had to frantically call them back. Our nation was shattered. Mobs began attacking innocent Muslims. It was out of control. The coup broke our government, and four months later, that broke us.

The coup was a farce at the time but how soon it turned to tragedy. They called it a constitutional crisis, but how soon it became a real one. Right now, the same thing is happening to you. I’m trying to warn you America. It seems stupid now, but the consequences are not.

You’re being coup’d.

"Think about it. Your system gives the loser all the power and guns for two whole months. Almost every modern democracy changes power the next day, to avoid the very situation you’re in."

The tragic thing which you do not understand — which you cannot understand — is that you’ve already lost. You cannot know exactly what — that’s the nature of chaos — but know this. You will lose more than you can bear.

Ha ha ha, they lede, who’s going to tell him? Bitch, who’s going to tell you? An illegitimate leader has got all the guns and 40% of your population is down to use them. And y’all got jokes.

What I can tell you — what anyone who’s experienced this can tell you — is that it’s going to be bad. I didn’t know that churches and hotels would blow up on Easter Sunday, but I know now. I’m trying to tell you in advance. You’ve opened up a Pandora’s box of instability. All kinds of demons come out.

I have lived through a coup. It felt like what you’re feeling now. Like watching something stupid and just waiting for it to go away. But it doesn’t go away. You can forget about it, but it doesn’t go away.

There’s a ticking bomb at the heart of your democracy now. Your government, the very idea of governance is fatally wounded. Chaos has been planted at its heart. I don’t know what this chaos will grow into, but I can promise you this. It won’t be good.

Our shit is borked, yo.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I was watching football on fox and accidentally changed channels to fox business. Lou dobbs was on, talking to someone about dominion. 

and get this, he was questioning why dominion hasn’t offered up evidence that their voting machines are not compromised. 

the contortions they are using would make cirque de solais envious. 

the only “evidence” anyone has offered up that there’s an issue is that the other guy got more votes than our guy and that seems fishy because rallies. And they demand that dominion prove a negative?

3 hours ago, Chooky said:

All of that weird, emotional angst is bubbling up against the Republican party if they don't dive head first into the impossible.  When Trunque doesn't get his way he'll no longer get his orange and yellow juices flowing from attacking democrats on social media.  The fleshy meat at that point will be hurling invective and chaos at the GOP.  They're sitting way up on top of the powder keg they've been courting for the last 15 years and diabolical Donny will hold the match.  

How will Donny Bloat Rot react the first time he sees Mitch or Lindsey or Pence smile or even be slightly cordial around Biden on television while he's trying his best to stave off a pack of smart prosecutors with a half-assed criminal lawyer who is 25-years-old and wears a lone ranger mask and changed his name to LawFist?  His resentment is already off the charts.  He's gonna release the hounds.

tenor.gif?itemid=15387458

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

This article should be read by everyone poo-pooing people raising the alarm about this nonsense being a real coup attempt.

Our shit is borked, yo.

I have family from Sri Lanka and have been there.  This is...disconcerting.

Our shit is borked, yo.

Also

The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

3e269f80-3957-4113-a7a1-b9ae68c2e7e7_tex

Our shit is borked, yo.

Exactly. This is what Brisket and Hugo and others have been screaming about for years while the content mob, snug in the warmth of their normalcy bias, chuckled at the “hyperbole.” America is fucked, fucked, fucked.

There’s no going back for the right. They’ve walked to the crossroads and shook the devil’s hand. Civil war 2 looks more and more likely by the day: 

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Exactly. This is what Brisket and Hugo and others have been screaming about for years while the content mob, snug in the warmth of their normalcy bias, chuckled at the “hyperbole.” America is fucked, fucked, fucked.

There’s no going back for the right. They’ve walked to the crossroads and shook the devil’s hand. Civil war 2 looks more and more likely by the day: 

And everyone goes to work and pays their bills.

Goddammit. We really hoped that we weren’t going to be this right.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Despite losing everywhere, they are not deviating for the plan they had all along. I am not sure there is any momentum for state legislators to pick their own electors and  forego the votes in the state, so I expect this will fail as well - a hallmark of Trump.

But this is where we see how deep the rot is. They are cornered. He lost. Whether we have a peaceful transfer of power remains uncertain at the moment. 

Someone close to him needs to have a heart to heart with him and tell him it is time for him to stop - for the sake of the People and the Nation. We are well into dereliction of duty now. 

32 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The problem isn't that there is significant risk of state legislatures selecting their own electors, the problem is that Trump is seriously floating the idea.

He just chips away at the foundation, day by day.

Masha Gessen has a good article about this in The New Yorker:

17 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Perhaps I am mistaken, but it's my understanding that in Georgia, they match signatures when you apply for a mail-in ballot (which are, again I am assuming, the issue to which they are objecting). If the signatures do not match, they don't send a ballot. So am I mistaken or are they just doing the usual crap flinging? Also, if they want a recount or audit, they can raise the funds themselves. I'm not paying for chicanery more than I already have, and Georgia residents shouldn't have to either.

3 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

It's weird that a guy who obviously has no teeth wants to knock out someone else's teeth.  Clearly he is jealous of those with teeth.  Also, that's a lot of denim.

I believe him to be browsing the heels, handbags, and hats section of that store. Shopping for the holidays? If he's looking for himself, I have to say he may want to get his color wheel done first. Monochromatic is slimming but he needs a little more color--like a Birx scarf or something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I believe him to be browsing the heels, handbags, and hats section of that store. Shopping for the holidays? If he's looking for himself, I have to say he may want to get his color wheel done first. Monochromatic is slimming but he needs a little more color--like a Birx scarf or something.

What color goes with "organ failure gray?" What kind of store is that?  The brass knuckles clearly have a price tag but you are correct in that he is in the women's section.  

No brisket is not right and all you Nancy’s are not right either.
Trump and his followers are all cowards at heart, there will be no revolution,  and this insanity too will pass.
chillax. Our good day is not yet done.

Odds are that Biden is sworn in on January 20th, and is president for four years.

What you arent seeing is...that doesn’t matter.

Remember Force 10 From Navarone? We’re at the part where the charges planted inside the dam have gone off....but it seems like the attack failed. The dam still stands, looking sturdy as ever. But the Brit demolition officer sits calmly, puffing his pipe and telling us to wait. It starts after a while, with cracks appearing. A few. Then more. After a while, many more, then water breaks through, then it fails.

The destruction of norms like transitions, or having what people believe are free and fair elections, are dead. They aren’t coming back.

Crack.

Crack crack.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2