2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

The effort to overturn the count using possibilities rather than probabilities is greatly tied by the "Fallacy of Gray" 
If there is no black and white, there are lighter and darker shades of grays.  Not all grays (wrong answers) are the same.
Asimov’s “The Relativity of Wrong” - 
  • When people thought the earth was flat, they were wrong.
  • When people thought the earth was spherical, they were wrong (the figure of the Earth is more accurately described as an ellipsoid - not spherical - dates to the 17th century, as described by Isaac Newton in Principia.) 
  • But if you think that thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the earth is flat," then your view is "more wrong" than both of them put together.
More simply put - Everything is possible, but some possibilities are closer to impossible and others are closer to probable. They should not be treated the same. 

Great post. We’ve lost all sense of restive reasoning. John Wayne Gacy is not the same as someone with a speeding ticket because “they’re both criminals.” We’ve got totally broken brains.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope. I don’t want this. I never wanted ANY of this. Which is why I’ve spent several years sounding the alarm as loudly as I can.

I didn’t want the El Paso Walmart massacre....but I saw to coming a fucking mile away. I didn’t want to see Jews massacred at the Tree of Life synagogue because they are part of a “globalist pro immigrant anti American conspiracy”...but I saw it coming a mile away.

That’s my entire fucking point. I’m not warning against shit that MIGHT happen. I’m warning against shit that already has a PATTERN of happening, and has a material likelihood of continuing to happen.

And I don’t want that. I don’t want any of it. It fucking pisses me off that it HAS happened. And it’s maddening that I’m called a loon for pointing out that the basis for the pattern has only STRENGTHENED. How about instead of ignoring the warning signs, you take them fucking seriously. What will it take? That’s why I raise the image of YOUR children bleeding out in a Walmart. Because apparently, OTHER people’s kids bleeding out on a shopping trip doesn’t set off any alarm bells.

And so much this. The unimaginable is ALREADY happening. It has to stop. We have to act together to stop it.

You weren’t trying to get US (whoever you think that is) to think about OUR children, you were lashing out at a specific individual poster with your statement about his child. What you do, and why you are called a loon, is use the most inflammatory, confrontational, and violent language to couch our current situation in, and make the most dire, unlikely predictions. 

All the things you mentioned are horrible tragedies that no one here, including the people you have vilified on this website, wants. It is despicable that Trump and his lackeys have not disavowed these events, and his actions and words definitely fan the flames of hatred among the fringe right. But it is irrational to think that 40 or 50 percent of the country supports and promotes these acts, which you state pretty much daily in your posts, and which is why I say you are spoiling for a fight. It is classic “othering” of people so when it comes time to shoot them “nothing would be more satisfying “ to you. We can be against the far right and resist and defeat it while opposing your increasingly violent rhetoric. In fact about 78M people just did exactly that. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AnTiM said:

And it finally ends when the last two survivors come face to face in the ruins and one kills the other.  Then there will be peace among mAn.  I seem to remember some story from my childhood that this all started with a fight between brothers.  Cain and Abel, or something like that?

That's the plot to Highlander

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

All this burble about militias and Random Dudes with Guns.

Y'all, a gun makes somebody a soldier the same way a helmet makes somebody a football player.

There is so much more going on (EG a little thing called "tactics" that you really don't want to learn while getting shot at) than just X dudes + Y weapons. The Third World Army with Lots of New Shit (TWAWLNS) is standard around the world, and crumples when poked by a real army with even halfway decent Old Shit. TWAWLNS is better than any bunch of Wolverines.

If you bump into a US Army platoon, you are not fighting 30 guys who were just wandering at random. They have a mission, and are wired in as a piece of a company, of a battalion, and on up, with access to support at every level. Even the low-level support would rock Cletus. Drones? How bout a good old mortar shell?

The hardest-core Cleti might cause some trouble sniping-- it appears to be all they train for. Then they'd die. As for the rest, the casualty rate would depend on how well the troops had absorbed that talk about the Geneva Conventions.

Well, if I might argue one point on this post it's that the typical US Army infantry platoon does favor wandering randomly. 

Fortunately there's another service with proper training, Semper fi 😉

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

You’re losing it again. 

You know....I’ve thought that about Brisket about ten times over the last year....but then here we are with the President of the United States trying to steal the election and millions of people and legislators are just sitting around waiting to see if he can do it. So has Brisket really been losing it, or is he Nostra effing Damus, or Winston Churchill in the 1930’s?
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

image.png.df9f967d7534805b666459b6df9a4b19.png

If you're that fat, don't ever dress like the S.S., it just invites comments like:  

"What's the SS stand for fattie, 'Super-Sized'?" or "who designed your uniform, HUGE BOSS?  HUGO HOSS?"  "You general or Waffle SS?"  

I mean the guy is just looking to be made fun of, which of course will in turn cause him to open fire on a crowd of innocent people.  Still, it is interesting to see what guys like GRhorn and Johnny Sack jerk off to at night.  

Edited by Lobo

I have no guns, but lots of non-Trumpkins do. There is a movement of arms purchasing from African Americans who won’t let fat white supremacist bubbas with black guns decide their participation in America. It is more difficult to massacre the well armed.

In old acquaintance of mine was organizing a Trump truck parade up in Fort Worth.

The morning of, she made several panicked posts on Facebook saying to abort the plan because the planned starting point was in a “bad part of town” and “the residents were armed and told us we were the kkk and not to come back.”

I for one applaud the residents of this neighborhood.
  • Hook 'Em 1

What most of y’all fail to realize is that unless trump drops dead, hopefully next year on my birthday, is that IF he’s alive he  he is going to spend the next four years utterly destroying the GOP.  

No one will win a Republican primary if trump opposes them and therefore you will have to be a complete and total piece of shit to win a Republican primary which will cause you to lose in the general election of any reasonable jurisdiction.
If he lives trump will destroy the Republican Party.

Good.  

Yeah, because all of the Republicans loyal to Trump just got annihilated this year.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

And this is why some of us a more than a little concern.

When law enforcement decides to side with the assholes, things get fucky.

As a Washingtonian, I don't understand why the response to this isn't just "OK, cool. Klickitat County officials and residents need to get their shit together, and we'll hold onto any state funding until such time that has been accomplished." It's on the border with Oregon with no major industry or infrastructure- and it's not like the governor of Oregon has different guidelines for their residents. Health Insurance premiums going through the roof for folks there might be another market-based response (for our libertarian friends).

Edited by NWBuck
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

You weren’t trying to get US (whoever you think that is) to think about OUR children, you were lashing out at a specific individual poster with your statement about his child. What you do, and why you are called a loon, is use the most inflammatory, confrontational, and violent language to couch our current situation in, and make the most dire, unlikely predictions. 

All the things you mentioned are horrible tragedies that no one here, including the people you have vilified on this website, wants. It is despicable that Trump and his lackeys have not disavowed these events, and his actions and words definitely fan the flames of hatred among the fringe right. But it is irrational to think that 40 or 50 percent of the country supports and promotes these acts, which you state pretty much daily in your posts, and which is why I say you are spoiling for a fight. It is classic “othering” of people so when it comes time to shoot them “nothing would be more satisfying “ to you. We can be against the far right and resist and defeat it while opposing your increasingly violent rhetoric. In fact about 78M people just did exactly that. 

Word.

32 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You know....I’ve thought that about Brisket about ten times over the last year....but then here we are with the President of the United States trying to steal the election and millions of people and legislators are just sitting around waiting to see if he can do it. So has Brisket really been losing it, or is he Nostra effing Damus, or Winston Churchill in the 1930’s?

ah well, nevertheless! 

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

The effort to overturn the count using possibilities rather than probabilities is greatly tied by the "Fallacy of Gray" 

If there is no black and white, there are lighter and darker shades of grays.  Not all grays (wrong answers) are the same.

• When people thought the earth was spherical, they were wrong (the figure of the Earth is more accurately described as an ellipsoid - not spherical - dates to the 17th century, as described by Isaac Newton in Principia.) 
  • But if you think that thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the earth is flat," then your view is "more wrong" than both of them put together.

More simply put - Everything is possible, but some possibilities are closer to impossible and others are closer to probable. They should not be treated the same. 

Welcome politics and how you divide a populace....

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Cato the Elder

31 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Then you are definitely missing the point. I guess I’ve done a poor job of making it. My alarm is based on history, and having seen this before in what we’re considered orderly, sane societies. And your percentages matter, they really do.

I don’t think that 40-50% of the country supports brown people and Jews being mowed down, based on the rhetoric of the regime. I think that only 10-20% of us are truly so shitty as to LIKE that, and when it happens, think “good.”

What I DO think, and the evidence sure bears this out, is that the rest of that 40-50% may not WANT that to happen..... but when it does, they go along with it. It’s not a dealbreaker for them.

The nazis didn’t rise to absolute power and implement the Final Solution because over 50% of the German people wanted to commit heinous acts against the Jews. Only 10-20% fell into that group. But....for another huge chunk of Germans, the anti-semitism, violence, and cult-like behavior wasn’t a deal breaker. They went along with it.

We aren’t broken because 10-20% of us are evil racist shitbags. We’re broken because 50% of us shrug their shoulders and don’t treat evil racism as a dealbreaker. I mean....those people bleeding out in El Paso weren’t MY family, so....shrug. That’s damn well why every American should spend a day thinking about whether they’d find this regime acceptable if its rhetoric led to the murder of people who looked like them, in their hometown store. It’s obvious to have a problem with evil racist shitbags. But it’s much more important to have a problem with the people who enable them and keep them in power. THAT group is what makes evil authoritarian regimes possible.

The examples and blueprints for this are literally written down in books. I’m not being prescient here - I’m pointing to a page and saying “this - this is what’s happening here, right now. Flip forward a few pages to see how it ends.”

Yep. Not every Nazi or German was in charge of gassing the Jews. Many didn’t even really know about it. But it happened. 

17 minutes ago, Mole said:

So Cato the Younger?

I am confused about this reference. I have not caught up yet on the Classical Roman history that I need to understand the surl. The background readings for this place can be a bit much sometimes. Though I did learn a new word 'laches' which I had never heard of before yesterday, so I guess I am getting a little law learning done on these threads...

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

If you're that fat, don't ever dress like the S.S., it just invites comments like:  

"What's the SS stand for fattie, 'Super-Sized'?" or "who designed your uniform, HUGE BOSS?  HUGO HOSS?"  "You general or Waffle SS?"  

I mean the guy is just looking to be made fun of, which of course will in turn cause him to open fire on a crowd of innocent people.  Still, it is interesting to see what guys like GRhorn and Johnny Sack jerk off to at night.  

These guys would not have been physically fit enough to join the ranks of the SS.

It's just like when you hear about a white supremacists, and they are inbred as fuck, and clearly not a member of any master race.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Then you are definitely missing the point. I guess I’ve done a poor job of making it. My alarm is based on history, and having seen this before in what we’re considered orderly, sane societies. And your percentages matter, they really do.

I don’t think that 40-50% of the country supports brown people and Jews being mowed down, based on the rhetoric of the regime. I think that only 10-20% of us are truly so shitty as to LIKE that, and when it happens, think “good.”

What I DO think, and the evidence sure bears this out, is that the rest of that 40-50% may not WANT that to happen..... but when it does, they go along with it. It’s not a dealbreaker for them.

The nazis didn’t rise to absolute power and implement the Final Solution because over 50% of the German people wanted to commit heinous acts against the Jews. Only 10-20% fell into that group. But....for another huge chunk of Germans, the anti-semitism, violence, and cult-like behavior wasn’t a deal breaker. They went along with it.

We aren’t broken because 10-20% of us are evil racist shitbags. We’re broken because 50% of us shrug their shoulders and don’t treat evil racism as a dealbreaker. I mean....those people bleeding out in El Paso weren’t MY family, so....shrug. That’s damn well why every American should spend a day thinking about whether they’d find this regime acceptable if its rhetoric led to the murder of people who looked like them, in their hometown store. It’s obvious to have a problem with evil racist shitbags. But it’s much more important to have a problem with the people who enable them and keep them in power. THAT group is what makes evil authoritarian regimes possible.

The examples and blueprints for this are literally written down in books. I’m not being prescient here - I’m pointing to a page and saying “this - this is what’s happening here, right now. Flip forward a few pages to see how it ends.”

This is the most reasonable post you have made in some time. I would argue that no one here believes those things couldn’t happen in the US. Most of us believe they are still extremely unlikely to happen. While I’m no fan of our two party system it probably protects us somewhat from a radical party with 30 or so percent of support from seizing power. 

El Paso was horrific, as were Pittsburg and Charlottesville.  The vast majority of the country believes those events were horrific. You think that because most don’t blame Trump personally for them happening it means they are OK with those events occurring, and even willing to countenance  genocide. It’s a huge stretch of logic to get there. Trump just lost the popular vote by over 6 million votes.  His attempt to stay in power will almost assuredly fail. Things are bad but odds are they are going to get better. No doubt it will be a bumpy ride. 

You talk a lot about people being at the mercy of the reptilian portion of their brains. I think you fall victim to that as well. 

Edited by Sawbonz

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

All of these do-over suits by Trump challenging Pennsylvania’s election laws and the Constitutionality of the vote under the state constitution - when the hell does issue preclusion/ res judicata kick in on the later ones - if it ever does?

If this thing lasts until January, I think I’ll be ready to pass the bar exam. Proud USH alum I’ll be. 

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

If this thing lasts until January, the President may need you.

Well even right now I couldn’t be doing much worse than his actual team, could I?   The legalese way of writing is a little weird, but I think if I just use the word whereas as often as possible I’d be halfway there. 
Also, I watch Bull. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Spheroid you commie.

17 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

One final thought and I’ll bow out. Germany of the 20’s and 30’s was nothing like our present day US. You had millions of germans who had survived what was at that point the most devastating war in history, only to be subjected to crippling war reparations just as a world wide depression set in. They were literally starving masses who saw the nazi party as a lifeline. Violent conflict was inevitable, and the only real question was if it would be led by fascists or communists. 

What we have is some obese, entitled white people who don’t have it quite as good as they once did, and at the same point in history women, minorities and LGBTQ folk are asserting the rights they’ve been slowly winning over the past 50 or so years. I view this strife as the death rattle of the old ways rather than a true risk of return to it. 

But I’m a glass half full kind of guy. 

This is a good point. 

43 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

One final thought and I’ll bow out. Germany of the 20’s and 30’s was nothing like our present day US. You had millions of germans who had survived what was at that point the most devastating war in history, only to be subjected to crippling war reparations just as a world wide depression set in. They were literally starving masses who saw the nazi party as a lifeline. Violent conflict was inevitable, and the only real question was if it would be led by fascists or communists. 

What we have is some obese, entitled white people who don’t have it quite as good as they once did, and at the same point in history women, minorities and LGBTQ folk are asserting the rights they’ve been slowly winning over the past 50 or so years. I view this strife as the death rattle of the old ways rather than a true risk of return to it. 

But I’m a glass half full kind of guy. 

Also, when Hitler was sent to prison following the Beer Hall Putsch, it wasn't 'hard time' so much as a little time away to hone his craft. He worked on his book, thought a little more about his sales techniques, and enjoyed the company of his friends and colleagues who came to see him.

Trump won't spend any time behind bars, but there's not that much difference between his hard core followers and Adolf's acolytes with respect to their behavior. They are stagnant and fetid, dulled by life's weariness. Trump makes them feel alive. Some won't get violent, but they will get bolder and uglier and wear it like a badge. This backlash of fear driven opposition to equality must be pushed back by the majority if there is to be change.