2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Unfortunately I do not view it as a death rattle but just another bend in the roller coaster. The world is constantly changing, and thankfully for the better, but the change is slow because people accept change slowly.  Example:

Slaves were freed in 1863 by EP 95 but the war didn’t end until 1865, and the 13th amendment wasn’t passed until 1865

Jim Crow laws were passed and enforced until Civil Rights Act passed in 1964. 

That’s 100 years a black person couldn't use the same water fountain even though he was “free”. 

The next 50 years you still had systemic racism, gerrymandering, redlining, black being killed disproportionately to whites by police officers. At the same time you’ve had great advancements from people of color despite all this, including a black man becoming President. 

I wish it was the death rattle for the old racist whites but unlikely, as many of the people you see on the streets are not old, but young. 

Racism will always exist because people are ignorant and fearful of anything different. They need to blame their problems on something else, something different than themselves. 

The cries of white nationalism will rear it’s ugly head again down the line. Let’s hope next time one party doesn’t actively embrace them. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Then you are definitely missing the point. I guess I’ve done a poor job of making it. My alarm is based on history, and having seen this before in what we’re considered orderly, sane societies. And your percentages matter, they really do.

I don’t think that 40-50% of the country supports brown people and Jews being mowed down, based on the rhetoric of the regime. I think that only 10-20% of us are truly so shitty as to LIKE that, and when it happens, think “good.”

What I DO think, and the evidence sure bears this out, is that the rest of that 40-50% may not WANT that to happen..... but when it does, they go along with it. It’s not a dealbreaker for them.

The nazis didn’t rise to absolute power and implement the Final Solution because over 50% of the German people wanted to commit heinous acts against the Jews. Only 10-20% fell into that group. But....for another huge chunk of Germans, the anti-semitism, violence, and cult-like behavior wasn’t a deal breaker. They went along with it.

We aren’t broken because 10-20% of us are evil racist shitbags. We’re broken because 50% of us shrug their shoulders and don’t treat evil racism as a dealbreaker. I mean....those people bleeding out in El Paso weren’t MY family, so....shrug. That’s damn well why every American should spend a day thinking about whether they’d find this regime acceptable if its rhetoric led to the murder of people who looked like them, in their hometown store. It’s obvious to have a problem with evil racist shitbags. But it’s much more important to have a problem with the people who enable them and keep them in power. THAT group is what makes evil authoritarian regimes possible.

The examples and blueprints for this are literally written down in books. I’m not being prescient here - I’m pointing to a page and saying “this - this is what’s happening here, right now. Flip forward a few pages to see how it ends.”

to add to this--how many people didn't vote?  Was it a hundred million?  That's some apathy.  That's some shit happened, and now we're at war with the world, why were there camps with people dying, aren't we smarter than this type fuckery.  And there's the wealthy that couldn't be bothered because their accounts were showing profits.  It takes all types and we got 'em.     

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Unfortunately I do not view it as a death rattle but just another bend in the roller coaster. The world is constantly changing, and thankfully for the better, but the change is slow because people accept change slowly.  Example:

Slaves were freed in 1863 by EP 95 but the war didn’t end until 1865, and the 13th amendment wasn’t passed until 1865

Jim Crow laws were passed and enforced until Civil Rights Act passed in 1964. 

That’s 100 years a black person couldn't use the same water fountain even though he was “free”. 

The next 50 years you still had systemic racism, gerrymandering, redlining, black being killed disproportionately to whites by police officers. At the same time you’ve had great advancements from people of color despite all this, including a black man becoming President. 

I wish it was the death rattle for the old racist whites but unlikely, as many of the people you see on the streets are not old, but young. 

Racism will always exist because people are ignorant and fearful of anything different. They need to blame their problems on something else, something different than themselves. 

The cries of white nationalism will rear it’s ugly head again down the line. Let’s hope next time one party doesn’t actively embrace them. 

Counterpoint:  Thanks to everybody having a camera on their phone, and social media allowing them to, in a span of seconds, spread photos, videos, or even livestream shitty behavior to millions of people around the world, it's a lot harder for shitty behavior to remain hidden.

A lot of shady shit, whether police brutality or whatever, used to be "out of sight, out of mind" for most Americans, because either A) It was not documented with hard evidence they couldn't deny/dismess, or B) it was witnessed by people (poor, minorities, etc.) that were not....not considered to be credible by many others.

Just look at the past 10 years - we have made huge leaps in many areas, of being able to shine a light on a lot of this shit, and not-so-surprisingly, shitty people are real dumbasses and document their shittery using the same devices  we do, that capture their shittiness, whether it's a Facebook group of bad cops, or the Gravy Seals filming themselves doing dumbass training to kidnap a sitting Governor.

Think about all of the cops that have been caught murdering/assaulting people in recent years thanks to dash or vest cams, or cellphone cameras, and then think 40-50 years ago, how many cops doing those same things would have never been called out, accused of anything?  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Yup. And there are economic benefits for that ignorance and fear- more specifically, having an "other" to compare yourself to and against. Racism, particularly in America, was baked in from the beginning as a part of the foundations for expansive capitalism.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The one thing that the GOP is pretty good at is framing. Back when Surly was debating 'defund the police' and other terms, it reminded me of George Lakoff and his discussions about framing: events, ideas, narratives, etc. This tweet below is a good reminder of that as well:

Defund the police was such a moronic phrase for the masses to rally behind.  Let's find a more obtuse, likely misused phrase to float.  But it's not that the GOP is so good at framing as much as their base wants to believe.  The GOP is making batshit crazy, nonsensical arguments and no matter what, their base cheers.  Trump rallied behind not wanting to ever see some towns again and they cheered.  They cheer not wearing masks, despite evidence of their corpses being loaded onto a semi, along with minorities and liberals.  That's some willful ignorance, but let's not pretend there's some kind of masterminded messaging.  They're rascists.  That's it.  The rest is pro-life, meaningful for some, empty bullshit for most.  They don't care about life or they'd be masking up.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 11/21/2020 at 12:40 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

I hope @Ag with kids is happy with this. The justification for giving party identity itself representation among other things is also the justification for putting a partisan outcome ahead of all other things, including democracy itself. 
When George Washington warned you people about factionalism he knew what he was about. 

h/t @Anastasis. The burn-it-down plan is working as expected. 

Hah...

Not getting sucked down this rabbit hole, especially when it completely misrepresents what I believe...

Carry on with your mission, though, @Bozo_Casanova

Ethical question:  One of the few Trumpkins that I follow on social media has gone on a pro-life rampage since the election.  I finally unfollowed her last week.  She’s had 2 abortions that I know about.  To this point I have shown more restraint than I normally do, and have not commented on any of these posts.  What says the surl, should I let it go, or should I share my thoughts?

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

Ethical question:  One of the few Trumpkins that I follow on social media has gone on a pro-life rampage since the election.  I finally unfollowed her last week.  She’s had 2 abortions that I know about.  To this point I have shown more restraint than I normally do, and have not commented on any of these posts.  What says the surl, should I let it go, or should I share my thoughts?

kill your facebook

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Nope. She’s projecting her pain. If you need to say something tell her privately that God loves her and that you hope she can forgive herself. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Hah...
Not getting sucked down this rabbit hole, especially when it completely misrepresents what I believe...
Carry on with your mission, though, [mention=1259]Bozo_Casanova[/mention]

Yeah, umm....
I’m understand what you believe. You don’t understand the consequences of what you believe.

....this.

This is exactly what your worldview leads to. It’s entirely predictable.

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, umm....

....this.

This is exactly what your worldview leads to. It’s entirely predictable.

It is too early. Trump didn't go out in a blaze of glory. That was a rapid descent into the absurd even for Trump. AWK isn't the Trumper like the ones who declared victory on Election Night. Different shade of gray. I expect rational thought from AWK. Worldviews over there are shattering. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

If you mean calling her out for having had abortions and now being pro-life, that's a hell no.  Way too personal.

• Hook 'Em 4

35 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Nah.  High road, dude.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Need pics.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

share your thoughts

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Don't share personal pain on a public forum.  But like Washpark said, kill your Facebook or hide her posts.  It's not worth the lifetime hate you will stir.  People that brainwashed aren't posting to see the light of logic.  

Or unfriend and if they ask, then state I don't need to know someone this disturbed and hateful that they can't recommend the same treatment they received when deeply hurt. If they want to commence the fight, chances are they won't do it in a public forum. But then again, this is logical and cray gonna cray.   

Edited by Mdhorn

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I'd leave that alone. Unless she starts going off on someone else who has had one.

7 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

7 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Nope. She’s projecting her pain. If you need to say something tell her privately that God loves her and that you hope she can forgive herself. 

Fuck that shit, blast her with the hypocrisy of her own actions.

If these people want to burn down the world they can start with their own fucking houses and see what if feels like. I’m getting past the point of her personal pain and society’s “understanding” (to paraphrase Ra’s Al Ghul) justifying the widespread pain they’re attempting to foist on the rest of America.  I’d ask her straight up why in an America of freedom and personal liberties and choice how she can justify taking away the ability and freedom of choice shes exercised multiple times for herself. 

listen, I get it if you don’t do it. Honestly I can’t sit here and say I would do it either. But everyone here needs to at least recognize and understand and weigh that the “pain” these people are working through...threatens to inflict pain on others in the manner in which they’re processing their own guilt. It’s like a drowning man thrashing and dragging down anyone they can with them. And at some point the last remnants of kindness, or civility, or understanding or decorum or whatever you want to call it...is enabling and turning a blind eye on behavior that is hurting others. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 7

12 hours ago, pantone159 said:

Ok, I see that is Cato the Censor, and more research shows this is the Elder. But the Younger resisted Julius Caesar, so is that the right reference? This forum takes a lot of studying sometimes...

Nah, I wasn’t thinking of resisting Caesar, but of being a broken record. It was a joke.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Fuck that shit, blast her with the hypocrisy of her own actions.

If these people want to burn down the world they can start with their own fucking houses and see what if feels like. I’m getting past the point of her personal pain and society’s “understanding” (to paraphrase Ra’s Al Ghul) justifying the widespread pain they’re attempting to foist on the rest of America.  I’d ask her straight up why in an America of freedom and personal liberties and choice how she can justify taking away the ability and freedom of choice shes exercised multiple times for herself. 

listen, I get it if you don’t do it. Honestly I can’t sit here and say I would do it either. But everyone here needs to at least recognize and understand and weigh that the “pain” these people are working through...threatens to inflict pain on others in the manner in which they’re processing their own guilt. It’s like a drowning man thrashing and dragging down anyone they can with them. And at some point the last remnants of kindness, or civility, or understanding or decorum or whatever you want to call it...is enabling and turning a blind eye on behavior that is hurting others. 

Do it. These people need to be told to go fuck themselves repeatedly.

9 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Flee to Parler where everything will make more sense.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Eastwood said:

It's a product of the Republican party further descending into madness. People will laugh off the crazies in their party and blow off concern from others about them as long as they have evidence that sanity still rules supreme for the majority of them. That's all gone now. As I stated prior, I think the Giuliani/Powell presser was rock bottom. Having talking heads and the random freshman congress person that don't directly represent them say these things, it's easy to toss aside. Have the head of Trump's legal strategy go up there and rattled off the crazy while black hair dye oozes down their face and then have the other one sound like she is one step away from a total mental break and a padded room and Rs are starting to man the life boats. We're seeing all kinds of R defection now as more and more Republican voters are starting to do their best Seinfeldleavingtheplay.gif impression.

Yes, Trumpco says ALL the quiet parts out loud.  The ones that benefit Trumpco as well as the ones that reveal Trumpco to be utterly insane (I mean, they all do, but some are more utterly insane than others).  They have managed to keep the latter part sort of confined to the lunatics that like it, but now that it's getting widespread, the thing is starting to collapse a bit.

9 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Look, I think it's as terribly hypocritical and destructive as everyone else here, but everyone else here knows that as a religious case she's going to have every rationalization all set to go.  I mean, even Roe in Roe v. Wade had a change of heart.

If I am going to be in favor of giving women the right to choose, then I guess I need to be in favor of them having the right to be crazy, inconsistent, and hypocritical about the issue.  Men with shitty views on abortion can fuck right off.

Look, I think it's as terribly hypocritical and destructive as everyone else here, but everyone else here knows that as a religious case she's going to have every rationalization all set to go.  I mean, even Roe in Roe v. Wade had a change of heart.
If I am going to be in favor of giving women the right to choose, then I guess I need to be in favor of them having the right to be crazy, inconsistent, and hypocritical about the issue.  Men with shitty views on abortion can fuck right off.

Norma McCorvey AKA Jane Roe didn’t actually have a change of heart.

She was paid off by the evangelical crazies to pretend she had a change of heart. She participated in a documentary about the whole thing right before she died. It’s called “AKA Jane Roe”.
  • Hook 'Em 4

Imagine being Sydney Powell and waking up one morning to learn that Rudy Giuliani and Donald Trump want to distance from you because of your zany rhetoric and inane theories.
I got blocked by Bless Her Heart Trumpkin this weekend. She went on a tirade about how the Dems were trying to steal the election & how the Kraken was going to expose everything. I'd finished off the better part of a nice cab we'd had for dinner so I posted several links to legit news sources blowing up all her BS. That was too much for her, apparently. I feel damn good about it, to tell the truth.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

They won't be crazy enough for the 2024 GOP. By then, if you're not on bath salts and eating liberals' faces off they'll call you a RINO.

Since they're all in on distrust, no vaccine, no science, and so on--who's with me on creating an alternative agency (as opposed to the once admired FDA) for PATRIOTS that will vouchsafe our new and improved health solution? Patriot Powder is derived from natural and organic ingredients designed to promote explosive health and fight off any and all ailments! Patriot Powder is a revolutionary health aid and if you don't agree, join the weak soy lovers crying because they can't go outside and live life as a PATRIOT!

*Patriot Powder consists of saltpeter and contrary to myth does nothing to suppress libido but was one of the first ingredients in gunpowder. You can also make it at home using your own urine and some organic materials. So, yeah, it's piss.