2020 Hurricane Season w/ special guest Covid-19

Loco

40 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Spend 20 minutes listening to Levi Cowan from last night and then look at the new tracks this morning and you’ll feel better.   Spend another 10 looking at the differences since yesterday morning and you’ll feel even better. 

tropicaltidbits.com

trackthetropics.com

If you act like each one is the big one, overtime, you’ll end up being right. Then you get to tell everyone “I told ya”

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Though I barely passed Troy Kimmel's 'Weather & Climate' class years ago...I promise you this forecast map is 100% accurate.  Because that Capital 'D' is precisely over South Austin's Mom's house at 8:00p on Wednesday night which is precisely where and when I give her the 'D'   And yeah, moisture levels...........HIGH

Back in the 80s, Kimmel was very liberal with make-up tests.  But only for white males.  Kimmel would invite white males, and only white males, one at a time, and only one at a time, to the KVUE studios on Steck, for make-up tests.  I never heard anyone state anything beyond that, but there were a good dozen in the Geography department in '86-'89 that received this odd invitation.

I heard that rumor.  He kinda, sorta made a pass at me when I went into office hours for the one and only time.  I had to make sure I was getting a decent enough grade in the class and get the exact grade I needed on the final because I was graduating.  I procrastinated my last science credit to this class, and because I transferred in with not enough science hours...I had to have this class.  You could drop your lowest test grade which, for me...was a Zero.  I skipped an exam the Thursday before Mardi Gras because we were taking a road trip to New Orleans.  He asked me if I was sick or something for that test...and I replied truthfully, "We skipped that Thursday/Friday to make to Mardi Gras."  And he excitedly asked something like "Oh really?  Did you cut loose?  Get crazy?  Tell me what happened."  And he leaned in and it got weird for a second when he was telling me to come back and visit/keep in touch after graduation.  Admittedly, I give off like a 20% gay vibe, or at least I did when I was thinner.  Anyway, he is a helluva nice guy and a great teacher.  Enough about my swinging days...

Still gonna rain more this afternoon? 

Hagbard Celine--------Oh, I know.  And that's why I didn't like him.  I have no issue with people being LGBTQ+, you're born that way.  But you have to choose to be an Aggie in life, and so for that---I can condemn him.  I'm not being remotely hyperbolic now...and I am speaking in real life terms which is a rarity for me.  I have dozens of gay friends and family members.  Never really even occurs to me that they are gay.  You have to wake up and really focus and try each and every day despite being filled with humanity, to be an asshole and not accept gay people as your friends.  But it baffles me that so many Texans can hate gay people but willingly fraternize with Aggies.  I have far more gay friends than I do Aggie friends.  I have maybe 4 or 5 Aggie friends and it's a fucking struggle to stay friends with 'em.  You can't choose your sexuality...but you can sure as shit pick where you go to college.  What a fucked up way to through life, being an Aggie.  And I don't understand how so many people on this board voluntarily live and work among Aggies each and every day.  There are no Aggies on my street and it will always stay that way as long as I can help it.  They are a small people who have no business living in decent society.  

Alright, back to hurricane talk.  This Tropical System in the Gulf...what's it gonna bring us midweek?  

1 hour ago, Rip76 said:

If I’m a betting man, I think these are both Louisiana storms.

We’ll see.

I think Marco's going in the mid-Texas coast.  For once in our lifetimes this might just be a beneficial Austin storm (shit, well there's the jinx).
Laura's gonna go up the W. Louisiana area.

How do I know?

5c1c2b5fa2ca2a42e2811141717efc10_8-ball-

As far as intensity, they always seem to downplay the ones going into the NW Gulf, so I can see these getting easily to 2's or 3's before weakening before the coast.  How much damage/flooding all depends upon speed of movement.   Right now Marco's moving about 10 knots, not too bad; if it gets that speed when hitting land, the land "grabs" it and moves it faster (friction). 

Marco will strengthen to maybe concerning levels, but there is a lot of shear it has to go through in the NW Gulf, and this will almost certainly weaken it before land.  I say a Cat 1.

On Laura movement/gues... er, predictions, more later.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Back in the 80s, Kimmel was very liberal with make-up tests.  But only for white males.  Kimmel would invite white males, and only white males, one at a time, and only one at a time, to the KVUE studios on Steck, for make-up tests.  I never heard anyone state anything beyond that, but there were a good dozen in the Geography department in '86-'89 that received this odd invitation.

He sent a friend of mine roses right after interviewing for an internship. 

Creep factor 11.

Just now, crimsonlonghorn said:

Morgan Cty prepare your anus. 

Houston media has been talking about both of these all day long and if this forecast holds we're going to get jack shit from both... which is OK with me, honestly. 

My company operations is out of Port Fourchon.  We also have a house down there.  Good thing I just paid the insurance.

Morgan Cty prepare your anus. 
Houston media has been talking about both of these all day long and if this forecast holds we're going to get jack shit from both... which is OK with me, honestly. 

We could use the rain here in SW Houston tbh. Famous last words...