2020 Hurricane Season w/ special guest Covid-19

Loco

On 10/1/2020 at 9:52 AM, Stella Link said:

And of course, the next two names are Delta Gamma.  Just what you'd expect from 2020....

I'm not gonna worry about climate change until we get to Lambda Lambda Lambda. 

that cone could fuck up a several college football games.  LSU is at home vs Mizz.  Miss is at home vs Bama. Auburn is at home vs piggy. 

and, not so important but Vanderbilt is playing S Carolina as well.  That 2pm Saturday cone covers all those areas.  -not that the storm is gonna be everywhere- just saying thats some big games that could be impacted/ postponed

9 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

that cone could fuck up a several college football games.  LSU is at home vs Mizz.  Miss is at home vs Bama. Auburn is at home vs piggy. 

and, not so important but Vanderbilt is playing S Carolina as well.  That 2pm Saturday cone covers all those areas.  -not that the storm is gonna be everywhere- just saying thats some big games that could be impacted/ postponed

2020 gives zero fucks about the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 1

so with this storm path, is there likelihood that there will be some storm surge on Texas coast? seems like we saw some Texas beach flooding earlier this year even though the storms stayed farther east...

Yes, but nothing like we saw a couple of weeks ago. We will be in the west side of the storm so it shouldn’t be too bad.

19 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

AL262020_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Supposed to go drop off a bunch of furniture at BIL's house in Baton Rouge Friday afternoon then attend LSU game on Saturday. Let's just say I'll hold off on packing for that trip for the moment.

19 hours ago you posted the 8am Advisory that occurred today, Oct 6 th, at 10:40 EDT (or appx 2.5hours ago), mind blown.

Edited by jdhorn92

110°?  Not seeing that, and I doubt it.  However, probably mid-high 90's, not a lot of which is due to the 'cane.  It'll go back to 90° or so on Monday. Yeah gonna be hot but almost metaphysically impossible to crack like 105°.

BTW, latest 100° day ever recorded in Austin is Oct. 2 (1938).

'Cane will be strong going thru Cancun, then weaken as it does, then strengthen again in the Gulf, and finally weaken a bit as drier air filters in just before the Cent. LA coast.  My throw of the dices says a Cat 2.  At least right  now.  Still gonna be a significant hurricane.

We won't see any effects at all (I think) in Austin.  Maybe some showers in Houston/TX coast.  Not much.  IF the steering predictions hold.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

110°?  Not seeing that, and I doubt it.  However, probably mid-high 90's, not a lot of which is due to the 'cane.  It'll go back to 90° or so on Monday. Yeah gonna be hot but almost metaphysically impossible to crack like 105°.

BTW, latest 100° day ever recorded in Austin is Oct. 2 (1938).

'Cane will be strong going thru Cancun, then weaken as it does, then strengthen again in the Gulf, and finally weaken a bit as drier air filters in just before the Cent. LA coast.  My throw of the dices says a Cat 2.  At least right  now.  Still gonna be a significant hurricane.

We won't see any effects at all (I think) in Austin.  Maybe some showers in Houston/TX coast.  Not much.  IF the steering predictions hold.

So should I leave Lafayette ?

Good lord, I will probably flee Galveston if this ends up being true. No way am I betting my family on that sharp a turn 

That is a little close for comfort, but what I’ve read before is that the GFS leans west on strong hurricanes. I guess we will see.

18 minutes ago, Hate said:

That is a little close for comfort, but what I’ve read before is that the GFS leans west on strong hurricanes. I guess we will see.

That's the EURO model, which has been sending everything west of where it ends up this year. GFS is the American model which has been nails this season. 

8 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

That's the EURO model, which has been sending everything west of where it ends up this year. GFS is the American model which has been nails this season. 

Last year EURO models were spot on.  This year GFS has been better.  But none of them forecast 140 by now, not even the HWRF, which loves extremes.

Tiny eye just accelerating and building.  Scary stuff if you're in the Yucatan. 

Also don't like that spacecityweather went from "We don't care LOL" to "This is potentially concerning" in 24 hours.

Yeah, typo on my part. Obviously I was referring to the Euro model that was in the post I quoted.