2020 Hurricane Season w/ special guest Covid-19

Loco

4 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Also don't like that spacecityweather went from "We don't care LOL" to "This is potentially concerning" in 24 hours.

Latest SCW update says they're getting increasingly more confident that it'll be a landfall somewhere between Cameron and Morgan City. Saw in replies to his tweet that he estimated maybe 1% of Houston catching a direct hit.

The last few model updates (both GFS and EURO) have ceased shifting much further west and are all tightly clustering on a landfall on the west bank of Vermilion Bay. Lafayette currently sitting in the crosshairs.

13 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Latest SCW update says they're getting increasingly more confident that it'll be a landfall somewhere between Cameron and Morgan City. Saw in replies to his tweet that he estimated maybe 1% of Houston catching a direct hit.

The last few model updates (both GFS and EURO) have ceased shifting much further west and are all tightly clustering on a landfall on the west bank of Vermilion Bay. Lafayette currently sitting in the crosshairs.

It's 2020 so all percentages are off the table at this point.

So yeah guess I should head back to Houston ...

0cd1661c96bb164a62e33928950549c7.jpg

1 hour ago, Storm the Field said:

5pm and 8pm NHC tacks are identical to my eyes.  So maybe the westward drift has stopped.

I wish Berger would work on his language.  He said "fairly close call" for Houston - that means more than 1% chance to me.

2 hours ago, 3adays said:

We’re headed to Port A tomorrow. Please tell me I don’t need to cancel this much needed getaway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here now... they are closing the beach to vehicular traffic starting thursday night, but the water was already pretty high today. the beach 'road' is narrower than i've seen it, and the water was already coming up with high tide this evening, very little room to park. think they are expecting water up to the dunes starting thursday. hope we can get a little more beach time tomorrow then will probably spend the rest of the week poolside i guess. good luck!

7 hours ago, mchookem said:

here now... they are closing the beach to vehicular traffic starting thursday night, but the water was already pretty high today. the beach 'road' is narrower than i've seen it, and the water was already coming up with high tide this evening, very little room to park. think they are expecting water up to the dunes starting thursday. hope we can get a little more beach time tomorrow then will probably spend the rest of the week poolside i guess. good luck!

Screw that. I will not go to the Port A beach if I cannot drive to my spot.

Way to much trouble.

10 hours ago, mchookem said:

The beach road has been narrow since the last storm. We lost a lot of sand this summer.

16 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Man this thing looks like it could be a real dick.

Storm path.jpg

Did she get pregnant by a Delta?  Isn't the first time.

24706458-standard.jpg

(p.s. the expression on her face in that pic in its context is... well.. strangely arousing)

Edited by phdhorn
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

I'm still laughing at that picture. I mean, no one was even trying to make things a little less obvious, were they?

Welcome to the next internet weather meme.

I texted that to a friend and he insisted it must be fake, but I think that woman is a real on-air presenter at Accuweather.

https://www.facebook.com/MelissaConstanzer/

https://twitter.com/ConstanzerWx

38 minutes ago, Hate said:

I guess it’s time we revisit trampoline tie downs?

Looks like they are going for round 2. I'll report back with results.

I'm real, real happy that I didn't take my plywood down last week. If I hadn't lost my 6ft ladder somewhere in the post Laura craziness I probably would have.

What a fucking nightmare...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

I texted that to a friend and he insisted it must be fake, but I think that woman is a real on-air presenter at Accuweather.

https://www.facebook.com/MelissaConstanzer/

https://twitter.com/ConstanzerWx

It is absolutely real. I paused a video of her talking about the hurricane and screenshotted it. 

• Hook 'Em 1