Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat

atomheartbevo

• 2 weeks later...

TPPF's Liberty Leadership Council has some nice eye candy if y'all wanna hit up the free breakfast.  I'm too old (it's a 40 and under group by definition).  

I'm saving up my creepy public appearance for the Leander ISD board meeting/"Mother's Council to Label Offensive Lyrics on Cassette Tapes" seminar.

On 9/12/2021 at 9:23 AM, Lobo said:

TPPF's Liberty Leadership Council has some nice eye candy if y'all wanna hit up the free breakfast.  I'm too old (it's a 40 and under group by definition).  

I'm saving up my creepy public appearance for the Leander ISD board meeting/"Mother's Council to Label Offensive Lyrics on Cassette Tapes" seminar.

Don't forget to come early for the tailgate! 

• Like 1

Are we still getting Tipper Gore to co-host?  

I did not have NWA lyrics from 1988 on my "how fucked can 2021 get in Leander?" bingo card.  

You know how I know that Leander "what about the children?" mom is full of complete and utter bullshit...just like most moms protesting at school board meetings these days?  There is zero point zero percent chance that if a teacher really did start quoting/singing "Fuck Da Police" lyrics in the middle of class, half the class wouldn't have discretely pulled out their phones and starting filming it or at least kept it in their lap and recorded the audio.  It would have been all over tiktok by now.  She's a fucking delusional anti-CRT (even though it's not within 10 miles of her school) racist cunt who just got her kids labeled, "Oh, so you're her kid...hmmmm." 

Edited by Lobo

54 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Are we still getting Tipper Gore to co-host?  

I did not have NWA lyrics from 1988 on my "how fucked can 2021 get in Leander?" bingo card.  

You know how I know that Leander "what about the children?" mom is full of complete and utter bullshit...just like most moms protesting at school board meetings these days?  There is zero point zero percent chance that if a teacher really did start quoting/singing "Fuck Da Police" lyrics in the middle of class, half the class wouldn't have discretely pulled out their phones and starting filming it or at least kept it in their lap and recorded the audio.  It would have been all over tiktok by now.  She's a fucking delusional anti-CRT (even though it's not within 10 miles of her school) racist cunt who just got her kids labeled, "Oh, so you're her kid...hmmmm." 

What in the actual fuck are you attempting to convey here?

In a thread about a cam whore turned city council member, you drop in Tipper Gore, NWA, Leander, something about school boards and I don't even know what the fuck else.

• Haha 1

Above my post, Pescado reminded me of the tailgate we're having before the next Leander ISD school board meeting.  A portion of which falls in FitLump's district.  She is in concert with these lunatic moms showing up to school board meetings singing NWA lyrics.  I was reminded of when we went through this whole thing of censoring protest music with Tipper Gore about 30 years ago.  So I decided to lump in all the crazy bitches up that way into a post.  I was connecting what Pescado posted to what is going on with FitLump and her constituents up that way. 

To answer your question...what I'm trying to convey?  That all of these people are dangerous to Democracy.  We're only a few months away from a good ole' fashion book burning and MacKenzie will be smiling at it. 

15 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Much better hairstyle. Professional with a little attitude. The "Jane Sanders" look was too heavy for her features. Good job by the stylist. 

Wanna know what the horrible punchline to this thread is?  The one that nobody wants to admit?

She's proving to be at least a competent council member and politician.  Her tenure hasn't been a colossal trainwreck, which is shocking enough.  That it's been at worst "middling" is amazing.

People can surprise you.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wanna know what the horrible punchline to this thread is?  The one that nobody wants to admit?

She's proving to be at least a competent council member and politician.  Her tenure hasn't been a colossal trainwreck, which is shocking enough.  That it's been at worst "middling" is amazing.

People can surprise you.

On the one hand I agree with you.  The other side of the coin is that perhaps she's shown just how easy it is to be a functioning member of the city council.

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

43 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

People can surprise you.

And she's had plenty of opportunities this year to let herself be dragged into a lot of batshittery, but she's avoided it.  She picked sides in an intra-party fight with the chairman, and she picked the winning side. She's only made two mistakes that I can think of - one with the large group photo that may or may not have been photo-bombed, and one where she worked with another City Council member that some of her constituents didn't care for (and they dragged her ass on twitter and Facebook, but appear to have backed off).

I think it was Biff or somebody that said whoever is guiding her along, either as a mentor or on her staff, is doing a really good job of making her look competent.

GIF by Bob's Burgers

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

People can surprise you.

She has nothing else going on.  I imagine other folks have other gigs.   But she is staying busy running around though.  

18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

People can surprise you.

Yeah but that's like me being a competent crossing guard.  Actually, that's not a fair comparison - a crossing guard has some degree of accountability.  Being on City Council is an absolutely jackwad job.  They really never have to do shit, except to meet and talk/pontificate.  And when they do meet to decide shit, they completely screw it up - every time, but no one cares because they live in a city that will rubber-stamp them because of their political leanings.

Lumpy's job is uber-easy because she's the "underdog" lone "conservative."  She can take stances and put out lots of tweets and take pictures of herself hard at work, so hard that her poor sleepin' daughter has to use the floor.  It's right up her alley.  Can you think of one single thing she's done in the last year that's resulted in some benefit for the city?  Meeting in front of 15 hungry pizza-gulpers and bellowing about needing more police money is so easy my old cocker spaniel could've done it, even better.  Or run some bizarre tweet-o-movie about calling out to some homeless person to demonstrate her "care."  What a hoot!  And when the votes actually do need to come, it's a walk in the park for our "lone maverick" who will usually be outvoted on every single thing - but hey she's the underdog.  And the fact that she's outnumbered almost always 9-1 makes it easy for her not to get too big for her britches - if she parades some cause and it goes down the shitter 9-1, she looks idiotic.  So it's very easy for her right now, she just exists, throws out some public service tweets, and enjoys the fruits of being the lone hunter.

I guess what you're saying is she hasn't FitLump'd herself into public ridicule, but that was never going to happen, and that's like congratulating me on walking through a hallway without throwing up and saying what a good job I've done.  She hasn't done shit, not one single thing, except pad her narcissism.  But I guess in comparison to the nuclear trainwreck that's been the Adler-Casar train to incompetent hell, she looks good.  Right now this is perfect for her - nothing to answer for, being the "member with a cause" underdog, and showing us how terrific she is.  

Mackowiak is much easier to replace than she is.  

I agree with this. She fits the very specific Trumpy/MTG/etc demographic which is more rare. Matt is more of the traditional republican of which there are many. However, I’d say she’s also easier to bury. She has a sordid past that still isn’t generally known. As noted repeatedly, a democrat can’t/won’t beat her in that type of shit fight, but Rs can and will if they deem her to be too far out of line

On 9/13/2021 at 1:42 PM, Wally Pryor said:

Pretty high bar set by other members of the council. 

Seems like Kelly at least communicates with her constituents.   I've concluded that Paige Ellis is a corpse. 

I lived in her district when she was elected. She beat out a field of other nobodies and won against Ellen's pick in the runoff. The district was primarily Oak Hill/Circle C, but she lived in that remote corner by Westlake, so she wasn't really involved in any of the neighborhood groups or hyperlocal politics. Apparently she had a politically connected boyfriend who ran the show. Politics aside, Ellen was responsive and accountable to her constituents. Paige is just kind of... there.