Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Count me in on Team Patriot also. And as I said, previously despite a life-long history of voting Republican, I've come around and that will no longer be a default. In fact, if I don't see some drastic changes my default will likely be towards the Dems for the foreseeable future. This is not a temporary, feel good move for me. I have seen the error of my ways.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

No--I'm sorry; but you fuck off.

This is an all-hands-on-deck emergency to save the Republic.  It's Team Patriot v. Team Traitor.  And I don't care if someone on my Team Patriot used to play for Team Trickle-Down any more than I care that he used to play for the Portland Sea Dogs.  They're on my team now, and we need as many teammates as we can get.

Now, maybe after we save the Republic, we can split back up into different teams and disagree about the finer points of public policy.  But in order to adopt any of your preferred policies, we first need to save the Republic.  Otherwise, none of your policies get adopted and you find yourself in a camp.

So welcome aboard Team Patriot, @ChiTownDoc .  It's getting to be a pretty good little team we've got here, even if we have some really shitty teammates who need to learn to shut their goddamned stupid fucking mouths every so often.

And that's fair

48 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don't think he got played.  I just think Trump likes strongmen like Putin and sincerely believes this Russian meddling business is nothing but a witch hunt meant to damage him.  What Russia actually did doesn't really matter, at least not in comparison to what happens to Trump's brand.

3 hours ago, Lagunamadre said:

This is why the Republicans will eventually be fucked. The "What's the Matter with Kansas" crowd will at some point in the future have a day when they realize they haven't had a raise 15 years, they owe $100K to the hospital and the news of the day is that Jeff Bezoz is now worth $200B. 

According to the latest estimate I heard reported on NPR about an hour ago, he's already worth $150 Billion. 

13 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

This is an all-hands-on-deck emergency to save the Republic.  It's Team Patriot v. Team Traitor.  And I don't care if someone on my Team Patriot used to play for Team Trickle-Down any more than I care that he used to play for the Portland Sea Dogs.  They're on my team now, and we need as many teammates as we can get.

Now, maybe after we save the Republic, we can split back up into different teams and disagree about the finer points of public policy.  But in order to adopt any of your preferred policies, we first need to save the Republic.  Otherwise, none of your policies get adopted and you find yourself in a camp.

So welcome aboard Team Patriot, @ChiTownDoc .  It's getting to be a pretty good little team we've got here, even if we have some really shitty teammates who need to learn to shut their goddamned stupid fucking mouths every so often.

7 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

And that's fair

It really is.

Back in the day, when we were hosing down Nazis with hot lead (placeholder: man, that was effective), we didn't care if the triggerman was a Dem and the guy feeding ammo into the .50 cal was a Repub, or vice-versa -- they were both on Team Nazikillers, and that team got shit DONE.

After they killed the fucking Nazis, they went back home.  And they argued about what was better, football or baseball.  Or Dem vs. Repub.  Or whether we needed to continue to be racist shitbags, or maybe we should actually protect civil rights for black folks.  Important fights...to be fought AFTER cutting down Nazis like grass with a scythe.

If you are on Team Patriot now, let's fucking go, and win this fucking thing.*

*I may remain utterly bumfuzzled by how long it took some folks to come around on this, but shit, I've learned to live with my bumfuzzlement on other issues, I can live with it on this one.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 2

I just can't believe what we're all watching happen. Crazy Uncle Don stripped down, jumped up on the Thanksgiving table, and took a gigantic shit right in the sweet potatoes. Our diehard R family members are all just smiling and nodding. Give me an extra big serving of sweet potatoes. My favorite!

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Thanks brother.  I’m all in. 

I don’t get badteammate either.  I grew up much poorer than his ass and likely have much darker skin.  Acting like I’m some silver spoon motherfucker.  

I went from $35k to close to 8 figures annually in 7 years.  All by myself with a 10k loan.  I used to hop in the back of pickup trucks to go haul trash at construction sites for $10 an hour - cash baby.  And I LOVED every minute of it.  I knew this was the land of opportunity and mine was coming.  Did it ever.  

When I die, 90% is committed to charity.  So kindly fuck off stereotyping my ass.  

• Like 6

This is reassuring.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/7/17/1781351/-Russia-defense-ministry-gung-ho-to-start-doing-whatever-Trump-told-Putin-they-could

The Russian Defense Ministry says that it is ready to begin cooperating with the U.S. in fulfilling the agreement that Russian asset Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin apparently came up with in their meeting on Monday. Since no one was in that room but Trump and Putin (and their interpreters) we don't know what was agreed to exactly, but here's what the defense ministry says.

"The Russian Defense Ministry is ready for practical implementation of the agreements in the sphere of international security reached by Russian and U.S. Presidents, Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump, at their Monday’s summit in Helsinki," Igor Konashenkov, a spokesman for the ministry said, according to the Russian state-run news agency TASS. […]

"The Russian Defense Ministry is ready to enliven contact with the U.S. colleagues, between our General Staffs and via other communication channels, to discuss extension of the START Treaty, cooperation in Syria, and other topical issues of military security," he stressed.

Does it also include Putin's offer to "help" the U.S. investigate Russian election interference, thereby giving Russian investigators access to those in the United States and Europe who exposed the massive Putin-linked campaign" that led to sanctions against Russia? Exposing the identities of the whistle-blowers and endangering their lives? Giving them the keys to the nation's elections systems?

Who knows? Trump was in that room with Putin for more than two hours. He could have ceded the whole military to Putin and we wouldn't know.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

Trump knows exactly what Russia did because he was a partner to it.

It’s like if two guys rob a bank. “Does person A think person B robbed that bank??”. Well yeah, he was there.
“Why won’t person A call out person B for robbing that bank that they robbed together??”.

• Like 1

From George Will

We shall learn from Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation whether in 2016 there was collusion with Russia by members of the Trump campaign. The world, however, saw in Helsinki something more grave — ongoing collusion between Trump, now in power, and Russia. The collusion is in what Trump says (refusing to back the United States’ intelligence agencies) and in what evidently went unsaid (such as: You ought to stop disrupting Ukraine, downing civilian airliners, attempting to assassinate people abroad using poisons, and so on, and on).

10 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

This is an all-hands-on-deck emergency to save the Republic. 

If you ACTUALLY believe this... why would you even glance in the Democrats' or left's direction? What the hell do the Democrats or the left have to do with this? This is 100% a crisis created by Republicans and only solvable by Republicans.

Republicans could impeach and remove Trump right now.
Republicans could launch political campaigns to promote pro-impeachment Republicans in 2018 right now.

Where is the right-wing movement to go after Trump? Where are the protests? Where is the right-wing movement to go after Trump-apologist politicians? Fucking nowhere.

You people want to jump into left spaces and co-opt that movement for yourself. Fuck you. If you want to join the left in ousting Trump don't come in demanding hugs and respect. Be quiet and let the people who DIDN'T create this situation try to fight out of it. You fucked this up by supporting right-wing politics and feeding this hate beast for decades. Shut up, listen, and learn.

And I don't care if someone on my Team Patriot used to play for Team Trickle-Down any more than I care that he used to play for the Portland Sea Dogs.

And you don't play for Team Trickle-Down anymore? You won't go right back to Team Trickle-Down as soon as the NY Huckster is gone? Fuck off. Be quiet. Listen and learn something from the people who didn't make this happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

I am now 180 degrees away from where I was in the past. We need to eliminate all electronic voting. All paper, with options for mail-in or in-person (with same-day registration).

Remove everything we can from the hands of the techlords, because they are going to end our civlization.

Pretty much paper only or you'd be stupid to not question the outcome of every single election from here on out.

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

If you ACTUALLY believe this... why would you even glance in the Democrats' or left's direction? What the hell do the Democrats or the left have to do with this? This is 100% a crisis created by Republicans and only solvable by Republicans.

Republicans could launch political campaigns to promote pro-impeachment Republicans in 2018 right now.

Where is the right-wing movement to go after Trump? Where are the protests? Where is the right-wing movement to go after Trump-apologist politicians? Fucking nowhere.

You people want to jump into left spaces and co-opt that movement for yourself. Fuck you. If you want to join the left in ousting Trump don't come in demanding hugs and respect. Be quiet and let the people who DIDN'T create this situation try to fight out of it. You fucked this up by supporting right-wing politics and feeding this hate beast for decades. Shut up, listen, and learn.

And you don't play for Team Trickle-Down anymore? You won't go right back to Team Trickle-Down as soon as the NY Huckster is gone? Fuck off. Be quiet. Listen and learn something from the people who didn't make this happen.

Actually, you need to chill the fuck out and realize that many of the former-GOP crowd ALSO now differ with the GOP on many such issues.

For example:

20 years ago, I was anti-gay marriage.  I said "call it what you want -- maybe a civil union -- but you can't call it marriage."  Then, over time, I examined the issue, the players, and an objective reading at what the law should be (see the 14th amendment).  And I came around.

I used to be a supply-side believer.  BUT....while I'm no genius, I'm smart enough to pay attention to actual results.  And those results show us that things like the repetitive promise of "tax cuts pay for themselves!" ain't true.

And the list goes on.

Just because we're not deranged drum-circle hippies doesn't mean that there aren't several areas of common ground.  If you'd like to get some common sense shit done in the future, you'd be wise not to piss in the cheerios of the very folks who have demonstrated that they can be persuaded by data, experience, and sound argument.

Oh, and to be clear -- I don't disagree with you calling out the right-wing movement.  Their absence in defense of the Republic is duly noted, and unforgivable.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I have tried to send George Will articles to my dad to give him something to balance out the tsunami of Fox News he consumes. My dad used to admire George Will. Now, he tells me that he's surprised that Will turned into a Democrat.

SMDH.

• Like 1

I don’t get badteammate either.  I grew up much poorer than his ass and likely have much darker skin.  Acting like I’m some silver spoon motherfucker.  
I went from $35k to close to 8 figures annually in 7 years.  All by myself with a 10k loan.  I used to hop in the back of pickup trucks to go haul trash at construction sites for $10 an hour - cash baby.  And I LOVED every minute of it.  I knew this was the land of opportunity and mine was coming.  Did it ever.  
When I die, 90% is committed to charity.  So kindly fuck off stereotyping my ass.  

Um, I have 7 years and $9.95.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Actually, you need to chill the fuck out and realize that many of the former-GOP crowd ALSO now differ with the GOP on many such issues.

For example:

20 years ago, I was anti-gay marriage.  I said "call it what you want -- maybe a civil union -- but you can't call it marriage."  Then, over time, I examined the issue, the players, and an objective reading at what the law should be (see the 14th amendment).  And I came around.

I used to be a supply-side believer.  BUT....while I'm no genius, I'm smart enough to pay attention to actual results.  And those results show us that things like the repetitive promise of "tax cuts pay for themselves!" ain't true.

And the list goes on.

Just because we're not deranged drum-circle hippies doesn't mean that there aren't several areas of common ground.  If you'd like to get some common sense shit done in the future, you'd be wise not to piss in the cheerios of the very folks who have demonstrated that they can be persuaded by data, experience, and sound argument.

This exactly. Some of us have come around, and it started before Trump on a number of ideas. For some like me, Trump is the straw that broke the camel's back, but it's been in the works for a while. Some of us are actually capable of evolving intellectually and learning from our mistakes, believe it or not.

@bad_teammate you're being a dick to the very people who you should be welcoming to your side. It's a mistake, try to learn from it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Great, then the lesson they need to learn is this: "I'm going to dip my toe into this other space, be quiet, and not immediately demand a parade in my honor for being so open-minded. And when someone criticizes my 'former' politics, I'm going to button my lip and take it seriously."

You're drastically overestimating your necessity and importance. You just got smacked in the dick by an orange huckster and still feel like your input and presence matters because it made you go nihilist.

The millions of people across the world who protested against both Trump and all his precursors were not waiting with bated breath for "reasonable" conservatives to finally wake up.

It's great you guys want to join the party. Be quiet, listen, and wade in slowly and with some humility.

• Like 1

Yeah, totally normal. Obama did this sort of thing all the time.
https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/donald-trump-s-turnberry-firm-paid-50-000-by-us-government-for-weekend-visit-1-4770069

Donald Trump’s Turnberry firm was paid more than £50,000 by his own government to cover the accommodation bill for his weekend stay at his loss-making resort, The Scotsman can reveal.

US federal government spending records seen by this newspaper show a series of payments worth a total of £52,477 were made by the State Department to SLC Turnberry Limited, the company behind the South Ayrshire hotel and golf course. 

The five-figure windfall, which represents the first example of how Mr Trump’s firm was paid for his contentious working visit to the UK, has been condemned by ethics watchdogs, with one group accusing the 72-year-old of “using the power and authority of his office to profit personally”. 

The US taxpayers’ money went towards hotel rooms used by Mr Trump and his staff during his two-night stay at Turnberry, which the president said would be dominated by meetings and calls. He ended up playing two rounds of golf at the historic course.

Along with his son, Eric, Mr Trump was joined at Turnberry by several high-ranking officials, including John Kelly, his White House chief of staff, Sarah Sanders, his press secretary, and Dan Scavino, his director of social media.

Documentation of the transactions show that the payments were made in two tranches. 

The first, for $30,074 (£22,653), was made on 11 July. A purchase order, part of US federal government spending logs, shows the money was for “hotel rooms” for a “VIP visit” and was paid to a “foreign-owned business not incorporated in the US.” 

The paperwork goes on to the identify the direct recipient as SLC Turnberry, which is registered in the UK with Companies House. Its directors include Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr. 

The second tranche, worth up to $39,602 (£29,824), was approved on 10 July. It too was for hotel accommodation at Turnberry. 

There is no breakdown of the costs, but room rates at Turnberry range from £132 a night for a basic suite through to around £7,000 for the luxury two-bedroom lighthouse suite. Two sources at Turnberry told The Scotsman Eric Trump stayed at the lighthouse suite over the weekend.

It is not the first time that Turnberry – which ran up £17.6m in losses in 2016 – has received money from Mr Trump’s government. 

In May, The Scotsman revealed how the State Department paid SLC Turnberry more than £5,600 for hotel rooms for another “VIP visit.” Purchase orders showed that an initial payment of $10,113 (£7,447) was transferred to SLC Turnberry on 5 April. Some $2,444 (£1,799) was returned by the State Department on 26 April.

It is unclear whether the latest £52,477 payments cover the entirety of the US government’s bill for Mr Trump’s Turnberry stay, which saw a sizeable Secret Service contingent accompany the president’s party.

35 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

damn right

19 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

lakersreaction.gif

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

Just now, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Am I dreaming or is the frozen numbnut schtick thawing from Brisket and he's warming back into his old self and leaving behind the hysterics and nihilism?

Let's not go sucking each other's dicks just yet.

I've ALWAYS been spoiling for a fight on this.  I have a particular passion for, metaphorically, charging the walls of the citadel armed with little more than a knife and a bad attitude.  I love fighting for lost causes.  But that doesn't mean that I think this one is any less lost.  The odds are against us, the party in power has completely betrayed the country, and has demonstrated a willingness to do ANYTHING (seriously, "betray the country"-type stuff) to hold onto power.  They are all-in, and failure is not an option for them -- once you've done what they have done, you HAVE to retain your hold on power, or else risk swinging from a gallows.  They aren't going to let it go without a fight that may well destroy the very thing we're fighting for.

We know how this ends.  But I'm in.  Let's go.

WZVjc.jpg

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Yeah--no.  That's not how this works.

See--for one thing, you need more teammates, because the team was too small to win the game.  

But for another thing, this isn't playground kickball.  There aren't team captains who get to draft the team.  And even if there were, nobody would name you a team captain.  Because you're a fucking moron.  And no good team wants a fucking moron as their captain (which is among the innumerable reasons why Team Traitor is such a shitty team, aside from being composed of, you know--traitors).

As a voter, I get to decide which team I'm on.

Now, I'm real sorry that my now being a Democrat--boy, it burns just typing that--means that there's an extra vote for candidates who are more centrist than that which you might otherwise favor.  And I'm doubly sorry, but actually not really, that it probably means that some of those centrists will win the nomination.  But guess what--them's the breaks in a first-past-the-post system that favors big-tent parties.  And here's the real upside for us all: it probably means that some of those centrists will actually win, which will in turn mean that we--and yeah, we are all on the same team--are going to be able to regain power and send all the members of Team Traitor to the fucking gallows.

So "bless me Father, for I have sinned . . . ."  Except you don't grant political absolution, and I'm not asking for your fucking forgiveness.  Stop looking gift-horses in the mouth, realize that we're on the same team for the time being, and shut your goddamned mouth.  Because frankly, you're coming off as naught but a fucking Russian troll trying to instill division and discord.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Feel free to post a picture of your paystub. For a friend.

(sorry, i got distracted)

Edited by sachick

Y'all are being pretty damn foolish if you expect b_t to be reasonable for even a little while.

There is a potentially existential threat to the republic but he'll only take your help if you beg for forgiveness and don't talk just than that. He's as team first as the Republican idiots who got us here except he has a very small team. He mocks others who want to work with Democrats to address the current situation despite the fact that he's also a non-Democrat who wants to do the same.

• Like 2

Timely message I agree with from @counterchekist

“Momentum is shifting in our direction, patriots. Don’t mock & chastise former supporters; welcome them with open arms. It’s not about being right or morally superior. It’s about saving the Republic.

Let this low spot in our history serve as the catalyst for our national rebirth.

The Republic is the one constant thing that unites us all regardless of race, sex, economic status, beliefs etc etc. When the Kremlin attacked it, they didn’t just attack Dems. They attacked all of us, and did so from both sides of the aisle. 

It’s time to start standing as one.”

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

See--for one thing, you need more teammates, because the team was too small to win the game.  

Hillary beat Donald in the popular vote while being historically unpopular and terrible. I'm fine with the size of my team.

But for another thing, this isn't playground kickball.  There aren't team captains who get to draft the team.  And even if there were, nobody would name you a team captain.  Because you're a fucking moron.  And no good team wants a fucking moron as their captain (which is among the innumerable reasons why Team Traitor is such a shitty team, aside from being composed of, you know--traitors).

lol what

And I'm doubly sorry, but actually not really, that it probably means that some of those centrists will win the nomination.  But guess what--them's the breaks in a first-past-the-post system that favors big-tent parties.

Weird, it's almost like I knew exactly what I was talking about when I was saying all you people actually want to do is co-opt a movement and turn it into the very movement that resulted in Trump.

But this time it'll work!

Stop looking gift-horses in the mouth, realize that we're on the same team for the time being, and shut your goddamned mouth.

You aren't a gift. We aren't on the same team.

You guys really think you are important.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I have tried to send George Will articles to my dad to give him something to balance out the tsunami of Fox News he consumes. My dad used to admire George Will. Now, he tells me that he's surprised that Will turned into a Democrat.

SMDH.

He speaks English as though it is a second language that he learned from someone who learned English last week

Lulz

33 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

According to the latest estimate I heard reported on NPR about an hour ago, he's already worth $150 Billion. 

Yep, he's worth $151.4B as of today, yet thousands of his full time employees are on food stamps. In a perfect world, his employees would make a living wage and Bezos would only be worth $75B, I'm sure he would be able to manage. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

You're drastically overestimating your necessity and importance. You just got smacked in the dick by an orange huckster and still feel like your input and presence matters because it made you go nihilist.

And, you're cordially invited to go fuck yourself with a rusty spoon.  I didn't support him or the movement that built him.  I've had a problem with the direction of the GOP for a LONG time (if you'd seen my posts over the past 10 years, you'd see that in action).  I sure as shit sounded the alarm bells on Trump the minute he appeared as an actual candidate, and I was among the first to say he was going to win (ask GOLL -- I actually placed a bet on it pretty early in the race). 

Some of us have been fighting against this sort of bullshittery for a good while, we didn't just start yesterday.  Sorry I don't have your full patchouli-scented credentials, but while y'all were twizzling your dicks contemplatively and settling on a candidate whose entire campaign was based on "fuck it, it's my turn and I have a vagina," some of us were suggesting that maybe running a real fucking candidate would be a good idea.  If we want to go shitting on people to blame for this fucking debacle, a Democrat party with zero self-awareness but ALL the self-righteousness, and a bunch of clueless supporters in ironic hats and t-shirts, need to end up dripping with wet shit as well.

OR -- and I'm just spitballing, I could feed you ammo while you pull the trigger and mow down Nazis, and then we can switch off, and then when the war's over we can get back to shitting all over each other.  I think that makes some sense.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Y'all are being pretty damn foolish if you expect b_t to be reasonable for even a little while.

There is a potentially existential threat to the republic but he'll only take your help if you beg for forgiveness and don't talk just than that. He's as team first as the Republican idiots who got us here except he has a very small team. He mocks others who want to work with Democrats to address the current situation despite the fact that he's also a non-Democrat who wants to do the same.

Why can't the left just be reasonable and accept my hysterical framing that conveniently allows me to absolve myself of responsibility by pretending the current "existential threat to the republic" is not a natural result of my worldview but is, instead, some kind of invading monster from another dimension that NEVER could've been predicted? boo hoo hoo

Donald John Trump is not an existential threat to the Republic. The political and social movement behind him might be. You guys want to make it about Trump as a person because you're blind to the reality of how the actual threat grew.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Timely message I agree with from @counterchekist

Momentum is shifting in our direction, patriots. Don’t mock & chastise former supporters; welcome them with open arms. It’s not about being right or morally superior. It’s about saving the Republic.

Let this low spot in our history serve as the catalyst for our national rebirth.

The Republic is the one constant thing that unites us all regardless of race, sex, economic status, beliefs etc etc. When the Kremlin attacked it, they didn’t just attack Dems. They attacked all of us, and did so from both sides of the aisle. 

It’s time to start standing as one.

I agree with this completely.  Every word--and especially about the momentum shifting in our direction.  

• Like 1

Just now, retread said:

Unreal

I mean, for fuck's sake, that might end up being as close to a public confession as we are going to get.

Why on fucking God's green earth would he have any reason to strike that line if he was not at least intimately aware of who was involved in the meddling.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And, you're cordially invited to go fuck yourself with a rusty spoon.  I didn't support him or the movement that built him.  I've had a problem with the direction of the GOP for a LONG time (if you'd seen my posts over the past 10 years, you'd see that in action).  I sure as shit sounded the alarm bells on Trump the minute he appeared as an actual candidate, and I was among the first to say he was going to win (ask GOLL -- I actually placed a bet on it pretty early in the race). 

Some of us have been fighting against this sort of bullshittery for a good while, we didn't just start yesterday.  Sorry I don't have your full patchouli-scented credentials, but while y'all were twizzling your dicks contemplatively and settling on a candidate whose entire campaign was based on "fuck it, it's my turn and I have a vagina," some of us were suggesting that maybe running a real fucking candidate would be a good idea.  If we want to go shitting on people to blame for this fucking debacle, a Democrat party with zero self-awareness but ALL the self-righteousness, and a bunch of clueless supporters in ironic hats and t-shirts, need to end up dripping with wet shit as well.

OR -- and I'm just spitballing, I could feed you ammo while you pull the trigger and mow down Nazis, and then we can switch off, and then when the war's over we can get back to shitting all over each other.  I think that makes some sense.

"Cordially invited"?  Wow--how very country-club Republican of you.

See!  He's a witch.  Burn him!  Burn the impure country-club Republican ideology of Brisket!  Burn him along with all of his cordial invitations!

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Donald John Trump is not an existential threat to the Republic. The political and social movement behind him might be. You guys want to make it about Trump as a person because you're blind to the reality of how the actual threat grew.

So....you're just ignoring the fact that almost everyone on here who is a member of the group you are being so self-righteous about is not just critical of Trump as a person, but ALSO of the movement and supporters behind him.

Being an asshole AND a dumbass in one sentence is a bold move.  But you pulled it off.

Why can't the left just be reasonable and accept my hysterical framing that conveniently allows me to absolve myself of responsibility by pretending the current "existential threat to the republic" is not a natural result of my worldview but is, instead, some kind of invading monster from another dimension that NEVER could've been predicted? boo hoo hoo
If you were actually trying to do anything more than troll hysterically you would recognize that the existential threat exists because that movement now has a public face who is POTUS. And I've given as much support to the GOP as you have so you're miles off the mark in another aspect of that predictably shallow response.

Just now, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I think what BT is trying to get at is essentially that there is a moral hazard at play by just allowing former GOP's to join the fight with complete absolution because there is nothing to stop you doing this again the next time. It's the same idea with opponents of "Too Big to Fail". Bad_teammate and his ilk are the tax payers bailing out the greedy bankers and his fear is that you guys will start peddling shitty risky mortgages to Uber drivers again once things settle down.

Or....counterpoint.....we need everyone on team Nazikiller that we can get, and shitting on new recruits because they once said some anti-semitic shit is going to cost us a lot of much-needed bodies.

Get folks fighting on the right side.  Give 'em time to adjust to their surroundings and teammates, you you'd be surprised how they end up behaving after the war.  A shitload of racist white guys spent time in foxholes with black guys in Vietnam.  They came home and weren't racist anymore.

But B-T would be the guy in the foxhole lecturing them from his high-horse while the incoming rounds are landing inside the perimeter. On the bright side, those guys often got fragged by their own men.

5 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I mean, for fuck's sake, that might end up being as close to a public confession as we are going to get.

Why on fucking God's green earth would he have any reason to strike that line if he was not at least intimately aware of who was involved in the meddling.

From day damn one and before, the FBI told him they were looking into Russian efforts to affect the 2016 campaign. From that moment on, he has screamed, "I'm not guilty!1"

Traitor.

33 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I'd just like to go on record as saying I have not spent one day in my life as a conservative, but this line of reasoning ^^^^ doesn't speak for most of us on the left whatsoever.

Kindly shut up.  It's voting time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Also, why aren't these things proofread?  What is going on in the White House?  "Anyone involved in that meddling to justice"?   I've clicked around the internet for other pictures of the page and that is definitely the whole sentence.  Everyone obviously knew this was a very important statement, maybe the only time he's so far out there that even the WH acknowledged he needs to admit a mistake, and they can't take the time to review anything?

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Or....counterpoint.....we need everyone on team Nazikiller that we can get, and shitting on new recruits because they once said some anti-semitic shit is going to cost us a lot of much-needed bodies.

Again, you guys are overestimating your importance and necessity.

If you genuinely believe in the cause, the dismissal of your virtue by a leftist shouldn't irk you.