Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

12 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Policy time must have included discussion on tariffs this week, his three tweet explanation of the way tariffs work between the USA and France had all the depth and nuance of something you'd teach fourth graders.

What do you have against 4th graders?

2 hours ago, NBMisha said:

I don't get this, or, I don't see it this way.  Saying 1+1=3 is a lie, period.  Believing it has nothing to do with it.  

A perspective that is reasonable and defensible, what the FL civic law calls fairly debatable, ok, not a lie.  But just any foolishness does not qualify (as the courts have held in civic due process cases).   You don't want to make a ruling without a clear bar, don't want to make it your judgement.  

I trust your judgement, Hayden

No they haven't--it's their version of depends on what "is" is.  They're known for hypocrisy if nothing else.  Editing the video by subtraction or speed doesn't make it less factual--it's still a video of the events, technically.  Whether it's manipulated to create a different message is another story.  This is just another alternate truth which they tried to hood the public with earlier but were unsuccessful with by and large, aside from Trump's base which is quite comfortable with wearing hoods. Another way that truth is dodged is that Trump can do anything in the open under the hyperbole umbrella apparently, until he can't.  

15 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

If Fox going dark on Twitter means anything, I can see people who currently work for Fox thinking twice about joining this administration going forward.

In a thoughtful universe, yes.  In current times, they are clawing their way towards the tv camera on all fours. 

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Payment of 268k for the job of having to have sex with deranged Rudy means that she's practically a charity.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Frog-marched out the Via Omarosa. Nothing but class and dignity in this White House.

Can you imagine that you are this woman? You've spent  30+ years building your career, you reach # 2 where you think you might impact policy for the better of the country, and you get shit-hammered by a petulant temper tantrum from the queen?

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

The White House has reportedly created a new strategy to get President Donald Trump to zero in on policy matters—a schedule block called "policy time." It's reminiscent of Trump's "executive time," which seemed to consist of tweet storms and cable TV viewing. 

Politico White House reporter Annie Karni tweeted on Tuesday: "A new thing on Trump’s private schedule that I haven’t seen before: In addition to some 'executive time' today, he has two blocks of 'policy time.'"

Washington Post reporter Josh Dawsey followed up on Karni's tweet by adding that "policy time" was instituted by Chief of Staff John Kelly in an effort to get the president to focus on issues.

"It was installed earlier this year...  A Kelly creation. It sometimes goes better than others," Dawsey tweeted. 

I imagine policy time is likely the hardest thing for a chief of staff to schedule for someone like Donald Trump.  I imagine it's probably best after lunch time and nap time when he's not sleepy or hungry.  Wait until after recess and it's too close to the end of the day and he'll just be thinking about getting home to watch cartoons.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Trump is not introspective enough to understand that it is his own pathology that has brought this upon himself.  He's going to rue the day that he became President. 

Plus Kavanaugh.  If he'd followed Mitch's guidance and selected a woman as SCJ it probably wouldn't have had the same backlash.  

He can just keep campaigning to the voters he already has.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This reminds me...I need to make my “Hitler reacts to the midterms video”...

this is totally believable if you think that mueller does usually tip his hand and inform people who are going to be indicted in advance.

the noose isn't tightening, i think it's already choking off the oxygen and the pants-shitting has begun.

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

NBC:

John Kelly may leave after clashing with the first lady Melania Trump: NBC News

• President Donald Trump's chief of staff John Kelly may be out of his job soon as a result of a conflict with first lady Melania Trump and other people in the White House, seven sources have told NBC News.
  • Nick Ayers, Vice President Mike Pence's chief of staff, is being considered for the job among other candidates, three of the sources told NBC.
  • NBC's report followed a slew of news that Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen may be on her way out, too.

I like how they get specific about SEVEN sources. Not several or two sources or five, but seven.

2 hours ago, Chooky said:

Mike Pence:  Nick, you know I believe that you and your penis are more than qualified for this new position.

Nick Ayers:  Uh, thanks ... Mike.  It's been an honor to serve you.

Mike Pence:  The honor is all mine.  You and your penis have been a great asset and I wish you and your penis all the best in the next venture.  Don't hesitate to have your penis call me with anything in which I can assist.

Nick Ayers:  [Covering his genitals with a briefcase and backing out of the room]  Uh ... thanks, Mike.  

Don't be so sure he covers his genitals.

CwxBTCOUsAAuQFM.jpg

35 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This reminds me...I need to make my “Hitler reacts to the midterms video”...

Nicholas Burns, the former U.S. ambassador to NATO under George W. Bush, said the weekend events, commemorating the 100th anniversary of the end of a war in which 120,000 Americans were killed, were ripe for soaring words and symbolic gestures, which Trump failed to provide.

“Not only did he barely show up, he didn't say anything that would help Americans understand the scale of the loss, or the importance of avoiding another great war,” Burns said. “He seemed physically and emotionally apart. It’s such a striking difference between the enthusiasm he showed during the campaign and then going to Paris and sulking in his hotel room.”

This is the type of behavior I would expect (and not tolerate) from my 5 year old when he doesn't get something that he really wants.  How embarrassing.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Droopy Sarah is leaving????

Have fun spending your blood money at Lane Bryant and the outlet mall and The Golden Corral, you maleficent, sour faced cormorant.

I hope your kids grow up to be hipster liberals and you have to spend your free time listening to your dad wheeze and tell jokes.

Finally, I hope no decent hair salon will ever let you book another appointment and you’re forced to go to Fantastic Sam’s for haircuts and use color from a box for the rest of your life.

And wear only Wet & Wild makeup.

(You can wish terrible things on people without being violent or disgusting or crossing the line with regards to physical harm.)

Hers is a door that few will want to break down.

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Can you see if someone has multiple accounts?

Agent47 showed up out of nowhere recently and tried but failed to act like a stereotypical over the top liberal but the way he posted was very reminiscent of another new to the board poster. Just curious if my idiot radar was correct.

I'm liberal AND i'm over the top. But there is good reason to be over the top because Democracy is at stake. Also rants are fun.

Anyway I'm posting for two reasons. So that Trump will lose the midterms & get impeached and so that Texas will stop their losing streak & win out. 

I've accomplished half of my aims so far.

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Can you imagine that you are this woman? You've spent  30+ years building your career, you reach # 2 where you think you might impact policy for the better of the country, and you get shit-hammered by a petulant temper tantrum from the queen?

In fairness, this woman sounded like a horrible person.  She had the role in the Trump transitional team to ensure that no one being offered a job had previously said anything negative about Trump.  She fought Mattis with him on bringing some individuals into the defense dept. Presumably they were not Trump-positive enough for Ricardel.  She landed a role in the Commerce dept only to have Bolton promote her from Export policy to National Security.

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Is that cunt implying that only black women get abortions? Or that it’s mainly them? Am I fucking hearing that correctly?

I don't think he's actually TRYING to say he's ONLY concerned with black abortions, but it is remarkable how a man can stand there and claim "sometimes we state things poorly because we speak in public so often and it's just bound to happen", and then he spouts something so utterly tone-deaf.

Do I think he's really concerned about abortions?  No, not really.

Do I think he probably has a little racist governor in him just itching to get out?  Yeah, probably.

Does the race of an aborted baby matter one bit if your only concern is abortions?  No, of course it doesn't.

These people just can't help stepping on their own dicks.  Including her.