Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

What point is he trying to make?  That you need a license to buy cereal?  

It's not the first time he's claimed something along these lines.  In August (seems like a year ago) he said you needed an ID to purchase groceries:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/01/us/politics/trump-id-groceries.html

Just when it seemed like Tuesday’s “Make America Great Again” rally in Florida would end with the typical punch list — Democrats, journalists, immigrants — President Trump added new spice to his usual extemporaneous potpourri by asserting that supermarket shoppers need to show valid identification in the checkout aisle.

“You know,” Mr. Trump knowingly told the approving crowd, “if you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card. You need ID.”

tenor.gif?itemid=5103777

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/14/politics/mueller-protection-bill-flake-coons/index.html

CNN)Retiring Republican Sen. Jeff Flake said Wednesday that he will not vote to confirm the Trump administration's judicial nominees on the Senate floor or advance them in the Senate Judiciary Committee if legislation to protect special counsel Robert Mueller does not receive a Senate floor vote.

Flake made the new judicial threat after he and Sen. Chris Coons, a Delaware Democrat, unsuccessfully attempted to force a Senate vote on the special counsel legislation Senate Wednesday. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell objected to the request for a vote from Flake.

But the Arizona Republican's threats on judicial nominees could complicate matters in the Judiciary Committee, where Republicans have an 11-10 majority. There are currently 21 judicial nominees pending in the committee and 32 who are awaiting a floor vote, Flake said.

"We have been told that the bill that Senator Coons and I will move to bring up shortly is not necessary, as there have been no indications that the independence of Mr. Mueller's investigation is in jeopardy," Flake said. "That may have been an arguable position before last week. But it is not arguable anymore."

Flake and a handful of other Republican senators, such as Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, have said they think the legislation to protect the special counsel is necessary after President Donald Trump fired his attorney general, Jeff Sessions, and replaced him with acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker, who has been openly critical of the Mueller probe.
"The President now has this investigation in his sights, and we all know it," Flake said.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

he's an old man. i think he may think people write checks at grocery stores.

He's so either stupid or sheltered he doesn't know how to close an umbrella.   Do you really think he's ever set foot in a grocery store, never mind knows how to shop?

4 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Motherfucking this.  Every media outlet should be doing this on a daily fucking basis with all of his bullshit.  All the lies from the previous day, list them one by one and get these motherfuckers to admit it.  Fuck them all.  This isn't make-believe fairy world, this shit matters.  

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Motherfucking this.  Every media outlet should be doing this on a daily fucking basis with all of his bullshit.  All the lies from the previous day, list them one by one and get these motherfuckers to admit it.  Fuck them all.  This isn't make-believe fairy world, this shit matters.  

NPR seems to have really stepped it up lately by taking a more critical tone. Mara Liasson actually sounded pissed last night.

Not sure I've heard a single angry voice on NPR...ever.

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Seems to be the case.  Erin Burnett looking good now being a MILF.

Was just watching when she was interviewing senator Kennedy from Louisiana. What an idiot. She was doing her best to keep it together but you could tell she just wanted to bust out laughing. When he was talking about his marriage, and he said he could be right or he could be happy, she was speechless. Having been married for over 35 years I understand his point, but i would never say that on national television. Oh and Erin? So would. 

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Was just watching when she was interviewing senator Kennedy from Louisiana. What an idiot. She was doing her best to keep it together but you could tell she just wanted to bust out laughing. When he was talking about his marriage, and he said he could be right or he could be happy, she was speechless. Having been married for over 35 years I understand his point, but i would never say that on national television. Oh and Erin? So would. 

Haha, yep.  She bit her tongue pretty well after that.  Wasn't he the one that SNL impersonated in the Kavanaugh hearing that asked him if he drank American beer instead of Heinekin?

5 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

I wish more USA journalists would take this approach when dealing with these trump guys  

I really don't understand the politeness the media seems to still have.  When someone is lying, you call them a fucking liar.  Especially when we are 2 years into this complete horse shit.  Everyone everywhere knows what is happening.  What good is it doing at this point to pretend it's not as bad as it seems?  If anything, it's fucking worse.  

I have a very easily offended sense of justice.  I don't put up with lies and bullshit in my regular life, I don't understand why the media does it in their world, especially when it is so obviously happening over and over, every single day.  We passed the point of respecting the office of the president a long fucking time ago.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I really don't understand the politeness the media seems to still have.  When someone is lying, you call them a fucking liar.  Especially when we are 2 years into this complete horse shit.  Everyone everywhere knows what is happening.  What good is it doing at this point to pretend it's not as bad as it seems?  If anything, it's fucking worse.  

I have a very easily offended sense of justice.  I don't put up with lies and bullshit in my regular life, I don't understand why the media does it in their world, especially when it is so obviously happening over and over, every single day.  We passed the point of respecting the office of the president a long fucking time ago.

Yup, they should really be driving the point of why does everything he says needs to be interrupted by different people  

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It doesn't even have to be contentious or hostile.  When the president is speaking to you one on one and says "some democrats go in vote, walk out to their car, change hats and walk back in and vote again ..." you just simply ask him what evidence he has of that.  He'll inevitably say "many people are saying" and you politely ask him to name one person.  When he says "six new steel plants have opened up since I became President" you can say "no sir, not one.  That's not true.  Why do you believe that to be true?"  It's very frustrating.  Don't battle him.  Just call him to truth and either get ignored or have him stand there and grimace with his scrunchy, lopsided orange face like the dipshit that he is.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Chooky said:

It doesn't even have to be contentious or hostile.  When the president is speaking to you one on one and says "some democrats go in vote, walk out to their car, change hats and walk back in and vote again ..." you just simply ask him what evidence he has of that.  He'll inevitably say "many people are saying" and you politely ask him to name one person.  When he says "six new steel plants have opened up since I became President" you can say "no sir, not one.  That's not true.  Why do you believe that to be true?"  It's very frustrating.  Don't battle him.  Just call him to truth and either get ignored or have him stand there and grimace with his scrunchy, lopsided orange face like the dipshit that he is.

Exactly. 

24 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Republicans spent the last 30+ years working the refs. 

• Like 4

Has this been mentioned?

https://keepandbear.com/products/build-the-wall?fbclid=IwAR31qO1OuEUwCNL9LvtrdJBYpWqEVbq36qWV_tMh_AU6k3KbTq8RysGjQ0Y

MAGA_LEGO_MOCKUP_2000x.jpg?v=1540145303

A mob of 10,000 Central American migrants is marching through Mexico and heading toward El Paso, Texas. Mexican border agents attempted to stop them at the Mexican border, but to no avail.

We understand why they want to flee Honduras and live and work in America. After all, we are the greatest nation on earth.

In the interest of national security, however, we cannot allow just anyone and everyone to cross our borders. While there are good people attempting to enter our nation, there are also gangs, criminals, and terrorists. Everyone who wants to enter our country must enter legally for the safety of all.

The wall must be built. The wall will keep America safe and strong. Only then will we be able to help those in need.

We are pleased to announce the launch of a brand new line of toys: MAGA building blocks! This toy makes a great Christmas gift for your kids and grandkids!

Has this been mentioned?
https://keepandbear.com/products/build-the-wall?fbclid=IwAR31qO1OuEUwCNL9LvtrdJBYpWqEVbq36qWV_tMh_AU6k3KbTq8RysGjQ0Y

MAGA_LEGO_MOCKUP_2000x.jpg?v=1540145303

A mob of 10,000 Central American migrants is marching through Mexico and heading toward El Paso, Texas. Mexican border agents attempted to stop them at the Mexican border, but to no avail.

We understand why they want to flee Honduras and live and work in America. After all, we are the greatest nation on earth.

In the interest of national security, however, we cannot allow just anyone and everyone to cross our borders. While there are good people attempting to enter our nation, there are also gangs, criminals, and terrorists. Everyone who wants to enter our country must enter legally for the safety of all.

The wall must be built. The wall will keep America safe and strong. Only then will we be able to help those in need.

We are pleased to announce the launch of a brand new line of toys: MAGA building blocks! This toy makes a great Christmas gift for your kids and grandkids!

It would almost be worth it to get something like that, just for the sheer joy of tossing it directly into the fireplace.

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Bump.

Great article in the Times from today about the dysfunction within Facebook since 2016, and their efforts to try to keep Congress from doing much of anything.  Long read, but worth your time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/14/technology/facebook-data-russia-election-racism.html

Dr_oALuWsAAw3t4?format=jpg&name=large

Fascist as Fuckbook

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

And this is why I don't have a problem with Acosta. I think this is his strategy. It's fumbly and contentious but look at who he is engaging with, and their fumbly and contentious being. 

• Like 1