Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Green Berets, Afghan Special Forces Capture ISIS 'Capital'

U.S. and Afghan special operations troops -- in one of their largest joint operations -- captured a stronghold that Islamic State fighters claimed as their local capital, military officials said Saturday.

No Americans or Afghan troops were killed in the offensive, which the U.S. military said killed 167 fighters from the Islamic State group, also known as ISIS or Daesh, and involved a complex multi-pronged attack on Gurgoray, a town purported to be the group's capital in Deh Bala district in Nangarhar province.

"This area, two months ago, was controlled by Daesh," Brig. Gen. John W. Brennan Jr., commander of NATO forces in eastern Afghanistan, said at a special operations outpost in Deh Bala. "We pushed them into the mountains, so they cannot harm the people here."

The U.S. and Afghan offensive involved five special forces teams and three Afghan commando companies. In total, 600 members of the U.S. Army special forces, also known as Green Berets, participated in the mission, which began in April and continued into June, a U.S. military officer said.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/07/08/green-berets-afghan-commandos-capture-isis-capital.html

DhuT37CUwAAHmbI.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Good luck reading the tea leaves on this one:

DhwEacUVQAAULtR?format=jpg&name=large

leaked = purposefully set to cover game violations

small = 139 acres

There were campers that the Hammonds knew about on the land at the time.

oh and another burn was a laughable attempt to pre-empt a wildfire that was far away

"The Hammonds are devoted family men, respected contributors to their local community, and have widespread from their neighbors, local law enforcement, and farmers and ranchers across the West."

I assume the first draft just said "white."

Edited by Tuco
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I don't know what annoys me more: Trump repeating the same phrases over and over to try and influence public opinion, or the fact that it works.

Bully pulpit de twitterverse

A bully pulpit is a conspicuous position that provides an opportunity to speak out and be listened to. This term was coined by United States President Theodore Roosevelt, who referred to his office as a "bully pulpit", by which he meant a terrific platform from which to advocate an agenda.

https://www.google.com/search?q=teddy+roosevelt+bully+pulpit&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS773US773&oq=teddy+roosevelt+bully+pulpit&aqs=chrome..69i57.9303j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by zork

25 minutes ago, Tuco said:

"The Hammonds are devoted family men, respected contributors to their local community, and have widespread from their neighbors, local law enforcement, and farmers and ranchers across the West."

"White men who share our ideology so they shouldn't be held responsible for their crimes."

49 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Good luck reading the tea leaves on this one:

DhwEacUVQAAULtR?format=jpg&name=large

This is a good first step, but I'd like to see him posthumously award the Presidential Metal of Freedom to Timothy McVeigh for his courage to stand up to the tyrannical government of Bill Clinton.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

he seriously fucking pardoned the hammonds?  that is fucking real?  unfuckingbelievable, even for him.

the timing with all the ongoing wildfires in the west cannot be over-appreciated. 

Wait til he gets Putin and Netanyahu's pardon lists.  You'll be wishing he was only pardoning these domestic shitstains.

12 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Wait til he gets Putin and Netanyahu's pardon lists.  You'll be wishing he was only pardoning these domestic shitstains.

Imagine how fucked up its going to be when he grants Julian Assange asylum here.  The unthinkable is now the norm.  

Edited by Dertyberd

3 hours ago, Tuco said:

Fuck you, you fucking racist asshole.

• Fuck You 11

41 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Don't forget about good old Edward Snowden!

"No one has been treated more unfairly, in the history of America, than Mr. Snowden was by the Obama administration.  Why did he have to seek refuge with our friends in Russia, while Crooked Hillary is allowed to roam free?  Lock her up!"

Like those morons in Poplar Bluff, a guy I don't understand is Mattress Mac in Houston. He's a huge Trumpster, and presumably as such favors the deportation of illegals, who probably constitute about half of his customer base, at least at his flagship store on the North Freeway. He's even doing commercials in terrible Spanish on Telemundo. Careful what you wish for, Mac. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Like those morons in Poplar Bluff, a guy I don't understand is Mattress Mac in Houston. He's a huge Trumpster, and presumably as such favors the deportation of illegals, who probably constitute about half of his customer base, at least at his flagship store on the North Freeway. He's even doing commercials in terrible Spanish on Telemundo. Careful what you wish for, Mac. 

Mattress Mac doesnt want to pay taxes. At all. I doubt he gives a shit about immigration. 

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The MSM isn’t covering the pardon of these  maniacs today. 

Perhaps they got wise and aren’t jumping at the obvious Trump bait.

They fucking should be. There's no way once the story of the Hammonds is told that this pardon plays well with anyone but the die hard racists in the GOP base. This is a big "THE PRESIDENT IS DIRECTLY APPEALING TO VIOLENT INSANE WHITE SUPREMACISTS!" in flashing neon story. There's no other explanation.

I chuckled at the entire claim that the mandatory minimum was unjust. Also, there isn’t even a hint that the actual offenses resulting in a conviction had questionable guilt. The “conflicting evidence” line relates to the charges of which they were acquitted.

32 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The MSM isn’t covering the pardon of these  maniacs today. 

Perhaps they got wise and aren’t jumping at the obvious Trump bait.

It's the top story on the CNN website right now.  BBC has it right after the Thai soccer team.  

5 minutes ago, scottsins said:

I chuckled at the entire claim that the mandatory minimum was unjust. Also, there isn’t even a hint that the actual offenses resulting in a conviction had questionable guilt. The “conflicting evidence” line relates to the charges of which they were acquitted.

I'm not much on vigilante justice, but I'm betting the firefighters they endangered kind of wished they beat the every living shit out the Hammonds.

Just now, Tuco said:

I'm not much on vigilante justice, but I'm betting the firefighters they endangered kind of wished they beat the every living shit out the Hammonds.

Support the troops!

Back the blue!

....Pardon people who tried to kill firemen.

• Like 2

I don't even think the main motivator behind this pardon is about race. It's about empowering militias and fringe armed groups. This emboldens them knowing that the President will pardon them. Now Trump is building his army that will strike if/when pushed from office by the "deep state". This also plays into Russia's strategy of sowing chaos in our society. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I don't even think the main motivator behind this pardon is about race. It's about empowering militias and fringe armed groups. This emboldens them knowing that the President will pardon them. Now Trump is building his army that will strike if/when pushed from office by the "deep state". This also plays into Russia's strategy of sowing chaos in our society. 

Sadly, fucking this.