Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I was honored to witness a buddy in college become an American citizen.  He was born to Egyptian parents who lived in Beirut.  He was a super smart engineering student who has forged an incredible career in Colorado.

I wonder if he'll eventually be stripped of his citizenship and deported.

My doctor is Syrian. I've never met a more genteel man. We could use tens of thousands like him.

New Poll: 43% of Republicans Want to Give Trump the Power to Shut Down Media

Freedom of the press may be guaranteed in the Constitution. But a plurality of Republicans want to give President Trump the authority to close down certain news outlets, according to a new public opinion survey conducted Ipsos and provided exclusively to The Daily Beast. 

The findings present a sobering picture for the fourth estate, with respondents showing diminished trust in the media and increased support for punitive measures against its members. They also illustrate the extent to which Trump’s anti-press drumbeat has shaped public opinion about the role the media plays in covering his administration. 

All told, 43 percent of self-identified Republicans said that they believed “the president should have the authority to close news outlets engaged in bad behavior.” Only 36 percent disagreed with that statement. When asked if Trump should close down specific outlets, including CNN, The Washington Post, and The New York Times, nearly a quarter of Republicans (23%) agreed and 49 percent disagreed. 

Republicans were far more likely to take a negative view of the media. Forty-eight percent of them said they believed “the news media is the enemy of the American people” (just 28 percent disagreed) while nearly four out of every five (79 percent) said that they believed “the mainstream media treats President Trump unfairly.” 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-poll-43-of-republicans-want-to-give-trump-the-power-to-shut-down-media?via=twitter_page

Fuck these traitors

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I was honored to witness a buddy in college become an American citizen.  He was born to Egyptian parents who lived in Beirut.  He was a super smart engineering student who has forged an incredible career in Colorado.

I wonder if he'll eventually be stripped of his citizenship and deported.

How much melanin does he have in his skin? The less, the better. 

19 minutes ago, Pods said:

Go fuck yourself, there is not a single person on this board that thinks you are a Democrat. You're another fucking troll and this latest batch is really obvious. Just because we don't call you out all the time doesn't mean we don't notice. Get better, or go to Texags with your hive mind friends. 

maxresdefault.jpg

27 minutes ago, Mapache said:

Freedom of the press may be guaranteed in the Constitution. But a plurality of Republicans want to give President Trump the authority to close down certain news outlets, according to a new public opinion survey conducted Ipsos and provided exclusively to The Daily Beast. 

The findings present a sobering picture for the fourth estate, with respondents showing diminished trust in the media and increased support for punitive measures against its members. They also illustrate the extent to which Trump’s anti-press drumbeat has shaped public opinion about the role the media plays in covering his administration. 

All told, 43 percent of self-identified Republicans said that they believed “the president should have the authority to close news outlets engaged in bad behavior.” Only 36 percent disagreed with that statement. When asked if Trump should close down specific outlets, including CNN, The Washington Post, and The New York Times, nearly a quarter of Republicans (23%) agreed and 49 percent disagreed. 

Republicans were far more likely to take a negative view of the media. Forty-eight percent of them said they believed “the news media is the enemy of the American people” (just 28 percent disagreed) while nearly four out of every five (79 percent) said that they believed “the mainstream media treats President Trump unfairly.” 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-poll-43-of-republicans-want-to-give-trump-the-power-to-shut-down-media?via=twitter_page

Fuck these traitors

25951_show_landscape_large_01.jpg

9 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

don't we want more productive citizens? what the fuck. why put a damper on legal immigration? this adminstration is a collossal goat rodeo.

Because they want to scare people about illegal immigration and immigrants not paying taxes and committing crimes. What better way than to make people who have been living here for years, if not decades, and have families here "illegal."  Then you're forcing them to either go back home thus abandoning their family, or live underground here.  Cue more ads scaring white men about MS-13 overrunning the country.

1 hour ago, Mapache said:

Fuck these traitors

regardless of the source or whatever the number may be, that number exists in some form. It exists on the far left too, retarded society that we are.

We are already living in a world with banned media. We only watch what we want. So in effect its the same shit. 

Because the media sucks ass doesn't make it something to get rid of. But then again it comes full circle back to we get the media we deserve, so whatever. 

We are one national crisis away from some serious goose stepping. 

3 hours ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

So... do the sanctions have a point? Like the whole point of the sanctions before was to bring them to the table. We did that, and we struck a deal with them. Now we back out of the deal and impose more sanctions. Does he see the point of sanctions as just having sanctions in place for their own sake?  Are we holding out until Iran can somehow deliver WORLD PEACE?

Regime change is the goal.

It won’t work in this case but that’s the strategy.

China and Russia will circumvent the sanctions as usual and get all that sweet Iranian business.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

China and Russia will circumvent the sanctions as usual and get all that sweet Iranian business.

I get the feeling this is more about Saudi Arabia than anything else.  The House of Saud probably has more to lose with the prospect of normalized US/Iran relations than anybody.  Financially, politically, religiously...They even object to the term "Persian Gulf."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I get the feeling this is more about Saudi Arabia than anything else.  The House of Saud probably has more to lose with the prospect of normalized US/Iran relations than anybody.  Financially, politically, religiously...They even object to the term "Persian Gulf."

yup, i'm not sure why the US is so hell bent on overthrowing Iran. It's the Saudi - Israel nexus pushing this turmoil and causing the Iranian people to suffer twice (regime + sanctions). It's very inhumane. 

11 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

yup, i'm not sure why the US is so hell bent on overthrowing Iran. It's the Saudi - Israel nexus pushing this turmoil and causing the Iranian people to suffer twice (regime + sanctions). It's very inhumane. 

We are certainly doing the bidding of the House of Saud and Netenyahu. Sad that we can't make our own decisions. 

29 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I would say Israel has their hands all over this too. 

13 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Is Trump courting the pro asbestos vote?  About 40% of American voters didn't even know they were pro asbestos until today.  

I have zero doubt that an entire arena would still wildly cheer when Trump says "And we're bringing asbestos back, that I can tell you.  That's right.  Back.  Bringing asbestos back in a big way.  And polio!"

Then, as the finale to his speech, they drop asbestos all over the crowd instead of balloons. 

Edited by hayden_horn
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, 'stache said:

A bunch of those "disapprove" will still vote for him when their preachers convince them that he is the "lesser of two evils" because all democrats are evil.

preacher, journalist, folk singer...  they're all editorializing.

13 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Yeah, but only one proceeds to lecture about everlasting damnation immediately after the "editorial."

Depends on one's perspective.  Ever increasing tax burdens and growing the power of the Federal Gov't is plenty damning.

Edited by slorch