Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

If POTUS is implicated I'd rather get him first, impeach, convict, then continue the investigation. That route removes the hope for a pardon when trying to get witnesses to flip.

Trump will pardon himself and pardon everyone around him before he gets convicted. 

12 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If Mueller has dirt that links Trump directly to collusion to interfere with the election, right about now would be a good time to expedite that material to the public.  

No shit (and I mean that in the most agreeable way).  I've been wholly supportive of his pace so far but I'd sure like to see something substantial right about now.

I just feel there's a segment of society who simply does not care about this because the ends justify the means. No Hillary, tearing down all the "horrible things" Obama did, getting rid of illegals who are the source of all their problems, and choosing 2 Supreme Court justices which pretty much solidifies the Republican chances of holding onto power was all these people cared about. If Trump's the vessel that provides that, that's all they care about. Doesn't matter what he does, what part of our country he betrays, or that he is acting in direct conflict with their financial interests. All of this simply does not matter because the ends justify the means. 

Edited by mdmost

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

How is Fox News covering this?  Anyone know?

Yes - they're all in.  That Watters douchenozzle and others on the 5 at 5 propaganda show were in full force saying we're overreacting and speaking with all these dictators shows how committed Trump is to peace.  They did look a bit shellshocked to be honest, but they carried right on with shoveling that shit.  It gets harder when it's up to your eye balls. 

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

No shit (and I mean that in the most agreeable way).  I've been wholly supportive of his pace so far but I'd sure like to see something substantial right about now.

Why? What more is there to see?  

Everything is out in the open, it always was from the beginning.

Trump’s campaign manager is locked up in solitary for conspiring with Russian military intelligence.

His National Security advisor was compromised by the Russian government and flipped.

What bombshell are you looking for?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

I just feel there's a segment of society who simply does not care about this because the ends justifies the means. No Hillary, tearing down all the "horrible things" Obama did, getting rid of illegals who are the source of all their problems, and choosing 2 Supreme Court justices which pretty much solidifies the Republican chances of holding onto power was all these people cared about. If Trump's the vessel that provides that, that's all they care about. Doesn't matter what he does, what part of our country he betrays, or that he is acting in direct conflict with their financial interests. All of this simply does not matter because the ends justify the means. 

You mean Slorch?

Trump will pardon himself and pardon everyone around him before he gets convicted. 
Okay, but I don't even have that big of a problem with that (I don't like he could pardon them but I'm talking about the effect of the pardon). He can pardon them but it must be done by name. Then they are immediately identified as a complicit traitor to the nation. They will be unable to hold office ever again and they will be immediately guilty in the court of public opinion.

I realize having them all locked up for 20 years satisfies a base need for vengeance but if we can get all their names in a nice document from Trump then we save a lot of time and money. I could live with that.

I just feel there's a segment of society who simply does not care about this because the ends justifies the means. No Hillary, tearing down all the "horrible things" Obama did, getting rid of illegals who are the source of all their problems, and choosing 2 Supreme Court justices which pretty much solidifies the Republican chances of holding onto power was all these people cared about. If Trump's the vessel that provides that, that's all they care about. Doesn't matter what he does, what part of our country he betrays, or that he is acting in direct conflict with their financial interests. All of this simply does not matter because the ends justify the means. 

This isn't just 'how you feel'...at this point these are facts.  Trump could literally start dropping the N bomb and nuke somebody and there's a very real chance that 30% still roll right along. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I used to think that was tin foil hat inanity.  But now that the GOP is supporting obvious treason in broad daylight..... Yeah.  Or maybe that's why they keep going after Nancy Pelosi. They figure she'll be speaker soon.

I was Sweetjones on the old board and I was one of the chief exponents of that theory. And I was mocked. Along with my theory that there might be a military coup if Trump fucked with NATO. And it's all playing out just like that. I hope there will not be a military coup, but it is looking more and more like there is a widespread conspiracy in the GOP that could extend far beyond Trump. 

What a hell of a day on this thread. I hope the people who complain about the CR take a look at the trolls defending Trump, and realize why exactly they're getting a rep ban. A lot of what Trump does is really indefensible unless you're just looking to troll, and this is why it's impossible to have discourse with Trump supporters. 

• Like 2

Hes dirty too.  Im not sure how dirty.  But id bet money his name has flashed in Muellers investigation more than once

Mariia Butini (the Russian whose arrest was announced today) was intending to meet with multiple media figures “off the record.” That’s somewhere to start.

No, slorch likes this because it pisses off the libs. I mean for Christ's sake, all we heard for 8 years was about bow and apologize was showing how weak America is. Now we have the President of the United States being the bitch of the Russian president who directly fucked with our democracy and it's not a big deal. We heard how horrible Michelle Obama was for saying she was proud of America for the first time in her life. Meanwhile, the President of the United States says he takes the word of the Russian President, who is a fucking murderer, over the word of multiple US intelligence agencies. I mean I guess if the FBI would go after Hillary and the DNC, Trump would finally give them some credence. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 3

No, slorch likes this because it pisses off the libs. I mean for Christ's sake, all we heard for 8 years was about bow and apologize was showing how weak America is. Now we have the President of the United States being the bitch of the Russian president who directly fucked with our democracy and it's not big deal. 

yeah?

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I think that is true pretty much down the line.  I'm actually getting to a point where the only thing I think I care is about population control and the environment.  Or at least I am trying to convince myself of that just so that I can limit all the damn ideas in my head.

In any case, I think all of us do this to some extent, but we'd like to think  that there is some ethical or behavioral line that we won't let our preferred politicians cross.  At some point the dam breaks.  I think the reason this dam has held is that over the past 10-20 years we simply have lost the ability to expect our politicians to be people we can respect -- either because they are smart and honorable or maybe both.  I personally think that reality TV has made everything gross and everything stupid, and it is going to take a good deal of work to get some universal shaming of grossness and stupidity going.

• Like 3

Hadn't seen it mentioned yet, but CNN is saying Putin arrived to the meeting 40 minutes late.  In his defense, I'm sure he's got lots of polonium assassinations to approve right now.

Edited by kevwun

3 hours ago, AnonymousInternetPoster said:

It wouldn’t matter to me. Just like it doesn’t matter to me about rep. Dumbass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does posting here matter?  Because all that red rep just locked your dumbass out.  And you sure seem to like to spew your bullshit.  Luckily when you come back, we have your IP.

Dumbass

49 minutes ago, TornACL said:

So was TODAY the worst day of the Trump presidency?

For me, Charlottesville was the most psychologically traumatic moment in the Trump presidency.  An innocent girl peacefully protesting against NAZIS was murdered and Trump gave aid and comfort to the Nazis afterwards.

Today was demoralizing and inexcusable but he’s been a Kremlin stooge for years now so I wasn’t as appalled as I should have been.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

American Intelligence > Putin

But to be fair...

Festering Pile of Dogshit > American Intelligence

If you're hoping for a military coup, you're part of the problem.

If you're hoping for the Deep State to remove Trump in some extralegal way, you're part of the problem.

We made this problem. We should live or die by it democratically.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Ive long believed that society should be able to throw rocks at aggies whenever you seen them without punishment .  Im fine adding the rest of these horrible people to the list

i don't see why it shouldn't be ok to shoot at them.  shoot them is a little severe, but shoot at them should be ok.  and if you wing one now and then, heyyyyy.

ooh, can't wait

Literally the first response to this tweet:

@HetfieldJeff

I'm a Combat Veteran and I'll side with Russians before Democrats (the lesser of the 2 evils). My family & I are exponentially at greater risk by liberals than Russians. Liberals, the MSM & the DOJ divided this country, not Russia.

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

We made this problem. We should live or die by it democratically.

Every person who cares about America should think this everyday, and find decent, smart, honorable people to support in elections.  And do it without rancor or hatred. 

Sort of mindfully vote out the motherfuckers.

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Literally the first response to this tweet:

I'm a Combat Veteran and I'll side with Russians before Democrats (the lesser of the 2 evils). My family & I are exponentially at greater risk by liberals than Russians. Liberals, the MSM & the DOJ divided this country, not Russia.

This is why people portray Trump supporters as stupid. That is a profoundly stupid statement.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

John Huntsman's daughter:

Her dad will continue working for Trump. The Republicans wont dump him unless they get shellacked in 2018. The remaining elected ones will be running away to save their hides in 2020

Vote! Get 5 friends to vote! Get 10 other friends to register. Only once they lose will they abandon him. 

44 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

How is Fox News covering this?  Anyone know?

Looking at the website, a lot of pro-Trump headlines, but the articles themselves have quotes from pissed off conservatives.  A few negative headlines mixed in.  

Dazed and Confused, since Cavuto and a few others are angry, while the Hannity crowd is pro-Putin.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

This is why people portray Trump supporters as stupid. That is a profoundly stupid statement.

People portray Trump supporters as stupid because the majority of them are. His strongest base, by far, are non-college educated white men. His base puts mountain dew in their cereal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Back in the 80's we all got to collectively view russia as some dark force, not individual people.  Today, the internet (thanks Gore) has made the world a lot smaller place.  Many of the dipshits today feel much closer to Russians then to those 'big city libs'.  Hey Russians hate, gays, colored folk, women leaders etc...fuck these Libs, I'll ride with Mother Russia. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Looking at the website, a lot of pro-Trump headlines, but the articles themselves have quotes from pissed off conservatives.  A few negative headlines mixed in.  

Dazed and Confused, since Cavuto and a few others are angry, while the Hannity crowd is pro-Putin.

I think the mainstream media is underestimating how pro-Putin large swaths of the Republican base is.

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Back in the 80's we all got to collectively view russia as some dark force, not individual people.  Today, the internet (thanks Gore) has made the world a lot smaller place.  Many of the dipshits today feel much closer to Russians then to those 'big city libs'.  Hey Russians hate, gays, colored folk, women leaders etc...fuck these Libs, I'll ride with Mother Russia. 

They are probably very conflicted though.  Mother Russia killed a lot of Nazis.

4 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

People portray Trump supporters as stupid because the majority of them are. His strongest base, by far, are non-college educated white men. His base puts mountain dew in their cereal. 

It has electrolytes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the "every accusation is a confession" theme. These are lines from the last Trump-Clinton debate:

TRUMP: She doesn't like Putin because Putin has outsmarted her at every step of the way.

TRUMP: Excuse me. Putin has outsmarted her in Syria.

TRUMP: He's outsmarted her every step of the way.

TRUMP: ....Let me tell you, Putin has outsmarted her and Obama at every single step of the way...She has been outsmarted by Putin...She has been outsmarted and outplayed worse than anybody I've ever seen in any government whatsoever.