Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

30 minutes ago, Vermin said:

No, just logically working it out. 

Texas is the premiere program and have rivalries with OU, Arkansas, and Texas A&M.

LSU being a neighbor of Texas and not having a Texas rival for recruiting purposes would not go over well.

Texas and LSU are tough programs so aggy’s 3rd rival has to be soft. Arkansas makes geographic sense but they might not want to give a program the recruiting advantage of 2 Texas rivals. If so, then Mizzou.

This isn’t logic.

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

This isn’t logic.

Just logically working it out, Bill Gates should give me $5 million.

Bill Gates net worth is around $100 billion, but that's just too much to need, so logically speaking he's probably looking to offload some of that and there's only so much he can really invest in malaria and the like.

He could give it to his family or friends, but they're all already rich, so that doesn't make logical sense.

It makes the most sense, logically speaking, for him to give the $5 million to me, since I'm not already rich and he needs to get rid of it.

I have informed him of my conclusion and now await my check.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

This isn’t logic.

Why not?

42 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Just logically working it out, Bill Gates should give me $5 million.

Bill Gates net worth is around $100 billion, but that's just too much to need, so logically speaking he's probably looking to offload some of that and there's only so much he can really invest in malaria and the like.

He could give it to his family or friends, but they're all already rich, so that doesn't make logical sense.

It makes the most sense, logically speaking, for him to give the $5 million to me, since I'm not already rich and he needs to get rid of it.

I have informed him of my conclusion and now await my check.

It's a business arrangement of 16 equal members united by TV money, not Bill Gates vs. a mom and pop shop.

Greg Sanky's goal: keep the membership united and maximize long term TV money.

How do you accomplish both goals when determining rivalry trios?

Preserve historic rivalries (great ratings, members love them), balance recruiting concerns, and maintain a competitive balance.

They're not going to give 3 tough teams or 3 cupcakes since membership would fracture over the unfairness. They're not going to give OU both Texas teams since it's an unfair recruiting advantage over Texas' other neighbor, LSU since aggy isn't going to have Texas/OU/LSU for competitive balance reasons.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Vermin said:

It's a business arrangement of 16 equal members united by TV money, not Bill Gates vs. a mom and pop shop.

Preserve historic rivalries (great ratings, members love them), balance recruiting concerns, and maintain a competitive balance.

They're not going to give 3 tough teams or 3 cupcakes since membership would fracture over the unfairness. They're not going to give OU both Texas teams since it's an unfair recruiting advantage over Texas' other neighbor, LSU since aggy isn't going to have Texas/OU/LSU for competitive balance reasons.

I wasn't saying that the situations were comparable.

Only that your conclusion requires making some real logical leaps based on a few facts, as does mine.

You may or may not be right, but it's hardly a given outcome.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Vermin said:

Why not?

You might be on to something with this competitive balance thing. I've often been amazed at how balanced the current SEC divisions are.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Vermin said:

It shocks me some of you are so fucking stupid you think they’re going to give OU both Texas teams and fuck over all incumbent members.

I have no idea what they are going to do but recruiting will play no part in it. Texas brings more recruiting territory, and that's great, but the SEC doesn't need Texas recruiting territory. That's one thing that makes this a great marriage. SEC teams have plenty of their own recruiting territory. This conference arrangement is about like-minded football programs coming together to compete for championships and make lots of money in front of the largest television audiences in the history of the sport. Giving someone else a team in Texas won't be one of the talking points on the agenda. It may end up that way, but that won't be the reason for the decision. This isn't the Big 12 or PAC. It's big boy football.

6 hours ago, Vermin said:

It shocks me some of you are so fucking stupid you think they’re going to give OU both Texas teams and fuck over all incumbent members.

this is why you go 9 games and pods with a crossover which gets you:

sec southwest: aggy, lsu, texas, klanaggy

sec northwest: 0u, pig, tigger, vandy

sec central: klan, ky, saban, tenn

sec east: barn, cock, gaytah, uga

note the pre-protected immovable objects such as the saban/tenn and barn/uga games which combined with the following annual crossovers makes this georgraphically rational setup acceptable to everyone except 2 of cock/ky/tigger...

annual crossovers:

fairpark ut-ou

lsu-gaytah

eggbowl klanaggy-klan

ironbowl saban-barn

tenn-vandy

deathstar pig-aggy

that's 12 of 16 easily sorted out

cock and uga are already in the same pod

so uga can have ky or tigger

cock gets the unchosen

i like this because trading pig every year to allow aggy to skip 0u every year means we both get LSU every year and i'll buy that for a dollar.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m sure aggy is pushing hard for 8 game schedule which would make me sick to my stomach. 
That way they can schedule 4 guppies and go 8-4 some years and 6-6 other years. 

making aggy have to play another p5 game, league or not, and eliminating the 2nd aggy FCS game, are the most important topics for the BOMC to concentrate on over the next 2 years

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

I have no idea what they are going to do but recruiting will play no part in it. Texas brings more recruiting territory, and that's great, but the SEC doesn't need Texas recruiting territory. That's one thing that makes this a great marriage. SEC teams have plenty of their own recruiting territory. This conference arrangement is about like-minded football programs coming together to compete for championships and make lots of money in front of the largest television audiences in the history of the sport. Giving someone else a team in Texas won't be one of the talking points on the agenda. It may end up that way, but that won't be the reason for the decision. This isn't the Big 12 or PAC. It's big boy football.

good bull

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

yea, steve uses "big boy football" too often

his realignment posts about "dozens of teams have been kicked out of conferences before" went unanswered when challenged

starting to look like ztejas with an agtag

we need an ip check

Since you two think your opinions just mean more than everyone else..and your opinions are facts...

What a fucking odd respond. I answered your uninformed realignment question weeks and weeks ago and you conveniently didn't reply. I really don't see what the issue is, but you sound like you may have gray matter from being an old fart with his head stuck in the sand. Age, please?

SEC doesn't need to divide up recruiting territory when determining who plays who. That's idiotic for a conference that has more recruiting territory than any other conference in America. And a conference that pulls 4 and 5 star recruits from all over the country. It's something that caught on during Big 12/PAC realignment and mattered way more in those scenarios.

They will make decisions based on money, rivalries and a balanced schedule.

You're not as smart as you think you are. 

35 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

They will make decisions based on money, rivalries and a balanced schedule.

Money and rivalries, sure. A balanced schedule? Not so much. The SEC east has sucked for most of the last decade. In the 1990's, Florida and Tennessee dominated the conference. Same with the Big 12. Nebraska was a powerhouse early on and OU sucked ass. Fast forward 10 years and Nebraska was increasingly irrelevant and Bob Stoops ... was a cocksucker with several conference championships. A balanced schedule based on recent results won't be balanced 10 years from now. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

Screenshot_20220718-234418_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e386a0bc471e2188c67d6406d2eecdcd.jpg

Jimbo Baggins at SEC media days:

Basically, we're fucked. A whole lotta  rules and our guys don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. 

The first sentence says it all.  If it's not overwhelming then don't say the word overwhelming in the first sentence. They are in over their heads and have no escape route envisioned.

Then Mr Baggins procedes to ask rhetorical questions in response to a question (red flag) and then rambles for a bit. 

In the end, he blames social media (the kids he is trying to recruit) for his failing to recruit the kids he is trying to recruit. 

Well done Jimbo Baggins, well done.

Fuckin gomers lol

Jimbo is a dumbass. He's always shouting and asking 200 questions that he doesn't want an answer to. His speeches never even make any sense. When he gets to the end of a long response, you have to fill in the blanks for him. It's like complete sentences don't exist for him. He can talk for 5 minutes and still not make his point. He's worse than Charlie Strong, and by a wide margin. How did this fucktard ever get through school?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Jimbo is a dumbass. He's always shouting and asking 200 questions that he doesn't want an answer to. His speeches never even make any sense. When he gets to the end of a long response, you have to fill in the blanks for him. It's like complete sentences don't exist for him. He can talk for 5 minutes and still not make his point. He's worse than Charlie Strong, and by a wide margin. How did this fucktard ever get through school?

Advantage Aggy?
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, jinx said:

What the fuck does any of this mean? Does Jimbo learn the rules from sliced bread? Is there no definite source where he can determine the rules? Is he left to simply read all of the media and social media posts and wonder what is true?

What an absolute dipshit. God bless the broken road that led him straight to aggy. 

To answer all of your questions... Yes.

In response to your comment at the end... Amen, brother. 

49 minutes ago, jinx said:

What the fuck does any of this mean? Does Jimbo learn the rules from sliced bread? Is there no definite source where he can determine the rules? Is he left to simply read all of the media and social media posts and wonder what is true?

What an absolute dipshit. God bless the broken road that led him straight to aggy. 

Maybe they paid him too much money so they have to skimp on support staff and Jimbo is all on his own to figure out all of the new fangled "rules" and "social media" and stuff?

You'd think that would be easy for a SITTING NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP CORCH!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, jinx said:

Jimbo loves to talk and he normally says nothing of value. It’s rambling.

Reporters should keep asking him questions about  NIL and he will talk himself into more trouble. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Screenshot_20220718-234418_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e386a0bc471e2188c67d6406d2eecdcd.jpg
Jimbo Baggins at SEC media days:
Basically, we're fucked. A whole lotta  rules and our guys don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. 
The first sentence says it all.  If it's not overwhelming then don't say the word overwhelming in the first sentence. They are in over their heads and have no escape route envisioned.
Then Mr Baggins procedes to ask rhetorical questions in response to a question (red flag) and then rambles for a bit. 
In the end, he blames social media (the kids he is trying to recruit) for his failing to recruit the kids he is trying to recruit. 

Well done Jimbo Baggins, well done.

Fuckin gomers lol

One hell of a way to admit aggy has no clue how to setup and use actual NIL in recruiting and thus confirmed ’22 was all bag dropping and not the claimed NIL.
  • Hook 'Em 6

20 hours ago, Vermin said:

Why not?

LSU has A&M, or at least A&M wishes with all their might that they do. 

Ignorance of the law is not a defense.

He sounds like a drunk motorist trying to talk the officer out of taking him to jail. 

These street signs are not hard to read, they're just confusing as hell. Is it [burp] my fault that the Do Not Enter sign wasn't specific? My buddy sleepin' over there said it didn't apply and he used to be a legal assistant. What if a legal assistant tells you you can go? When you're on the road [burp] and cars are comin' at ya, how do you know who's goin' the wrong way [extended, odorous burp] dad gummit? You see good guys in movies driving the wrong way all the time. That's like God's blessing.

What I'm saying is the [burp vomit in mouth, swallow] the street laws and when I'm talking about movies and legal experts it's because something is written or even said that is true.

[vomits on cop's shoes]

• Hook 'Em 3

13 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’ve noticed that when they talk bad about arch, they compare him to weigman and not king. They’ve already mentally moved on from king. 

they also like to bring up his competition level but fail to talk about his teammates’ skill level. 

Weigman might be a good college quarterback but on video at least he doesn't appear to have the arm or  mental skills of Manning. I'd say a reasonable comp right now is 2nd year Kellen Mond because while he can run he has only shown capable of locking onto his primary receiver. As long as his OL holds up, he's throwing to his primary receiver -- he locks onto that receiver right from the snap. Unless Jimbo gets a new offense 4th-year Kellen Mond is probably his ceiling. There's no evidence Weigman can read progressions - he simply didn't need to in HS. His high school receivers were able to put plenty of distance between them and their defender. His high school line was also superior. His superior OL and receivers made him look way better than he may actually be. His competition wasn't prepared for him to run and that's where he did the most damage.

Edited by Chopper

10 hours ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

Try reading that at the speed at which Jimbo talks.  Is he trying to hint that the recruiting limit dates were changed last minute - so not their fault the pool party is jacked?  Or NIL was sprung on them through social media?  This guy really was made for aggy.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

Weigman might be a good college quarterback but on video at least he doesn't appear to have the arm or  mental skills of Manning. I'd say a reasonable comp right now is 2nd year Kellen Mond because while he can run he has only shown capable of locking onto his primary receiver. As long as his OL holds up, he's throwing to his primary receiver -- he locks onto that receiver right from the snap. Unless Jimbo gets a new offense 4th-year Kellen Mond is probably his ceiling. There's no evidence Weigman can read progressions - he simply didn't need to in HS. His high school receivers were able to put plenty of distance between them and their defender. His high school line was also superior. His superior OL and receivers made him look way better than he may actually be. His competition wasn't prepared for him to run and that's where he did the most damage.

Weigman in high school was great playing against 6A competition. He did everything he needed to do and then some.  He is a great runner and it definitely opened up his passing game as defenses had to account for his run threat. His OL wasn't great and Weigman was by far their teams leading rusher because of it.  He was a 5 star for a reason.  Whether he makes it in college as well is TBD, but just like Manning, I certainly would have loved him as a recruit.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Weigman in high school was great playing against 6A competition. He did everything he needed to do and then some.  He is a great runner and it definitely opened up his passing game as defenses had to account for his run threat. His OL wasn't great and Weigman was by far their teams leading rusher because of it.  He was a 5 star for a reason.  Whether he makes it in college as well is TBD, but just like Manning, I certainly would have loved him as a recruit.

yea the knock on him early on as a recruit was that most expected him to go baseball. He's a good player, 3/13 spring game not withstanding, i think he might already be better than King even with the limited experience.