Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

24 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

They probably will do that and then fumble 3 times at the goal line type of shit.  Listen, I hope Ole Miss drops a 50-0 game on them in College Station but somehow they usually find ways to squeak games like this out or barely lose them so they can tout how close they are.  

game of thrones khaleesi GIF

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

We dodged a bullet with Harris. Marshall had known issues. Harris was just a bags thing iirc. 

How much of this with Harris is with him making a decision for his family and then realizing that the money is/was great but he hates it there and is being a stupid kid at this point acting out.

I am less worried about his issues than (even the car thing is much more stupid kid than bad dude behavior) anyone getting popped for guns, DV, or just straight up quitting on the team.

Regardless, the implosion of this class is going to be straight up popcorn and will be that much funnier if Ole Miss and Kiffin puts a big ole mushroom stamp on Jimbos forehead Saturday.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

How much of this with Harris is with him making a decision for his family and then realizing that the money is/was great but he hates it there and is being a stupid kid at this point acting out.

I am less worried about his issues than (even the car thing is much more stupid kid than bad dude behavior) anyone getting popped for guns, DV, or just straight up quitting on the team.

It’s a funny realization because he watched his buddy Banks dip out of there before his first mid-term.

Hard to believe he would be shocked that he hated CS, but hey, money. 

22 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

I’m sure we’d take Harris in a heartbeat. Seems like maybe he could cover someone on third down.

Zero chance. Kid is a grade A shit head cancer and his mom is worse. I wouldnt expect us to take a single A&M transfer outside of Bryce Anderson if he were to portal

• Hook 'Em 8

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Zero chance. Kid is a grade A shit head cancer and his mom is worse. I wouldnt expect us to take a single A&M transfer outside of Bryce Anderson if he were to portal

I know a lot of people say this and I know you guys have connections to the program. For the record Evan was home during the Aggie bye week and was telling anyone who was listening that he was transferring to Texas. 

I would take Bryce in a heartbeat cause he would be an immediate starter and should have been at Texas anyway. 

Denver needs his family to really save him from himself before he throws it all away. 

id also take the DLine from DeSoto if he entered the portal. 

• Hook 'Em 7

12 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

I know a lot of people say this and I know you guys have connections to the program. For the record Evan was home during the Aggie bye week and was telling anyone who was listening that he was transferring to Texas. 

I would take Bryce in a heartbeat cause he would be an immediate starter and should have been at Texas anyway. 

Denver needs his family to really save him from himself before he throws it all away. 

id also take the DLine from DeSoto if he entered the portal. 

My stance on Stewart has softened a bit, not through any first hand knowledge of the situation but we need playmakers and he has shown ability already. If Harris has proven to be this big of a shit head in college station, it terrifies me what he would do in Austin. Ya I would take Shemar as well

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

My stance on Stewart has softened a bit, not through any first hand knowledge of the situation but we need playmakers and he has shown ability already. If Harris has proven to be this big of a shit head in college station, it terrifies me what he would do in Austin. Ya I would take Shemar as well

I'm in the fuck it, take a flyer on Stewart camp. Just gotta make sure you have a lot of other strong culture guys so he doesn't influence too many others if things go south. 

Harris is more questionable. One thing I'll say about him - he was pretty open about hating CS and A&M throughout the recruiting process. Especially after Shad Banks left. Then he got bought. So honestly, it's no surprise that he's unhappy and acting out. Things might be better in a place he actually wants to be. But then again, maybe not.

There are plenty of other guys I'd take from them. A bunch of the Freshman DLs, Bryce, Jacoby, Shemar, etc. But a lot of those guys probably stick around or go closer to home out of state.

54 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I believe you (in regards to Harris), but do you have any clue why Nahlin is such a big fan? 

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I'm in the fuck it, take a flyer on Stewart camp. Just gotta make sure you have a lot of other strong culture guys so he doesn't influence too many others if things go south. 

Harris is more questionable. One thing I'll say about him - he was pretty open about hating CS and A&M throughout the recruiting process. Especially after Shad Banks left. Then he got bought. So honestly, it's no surprise that he's unhappy and acting out. Things might be better in a place he actually wants to be. But then again, maybe not.

There are plenty of other guys I'd take from them. A bunch of the Freshman DLs, Bryce, Jacoby, Shemar, etc. But a lot of those guys probably stick around or go closer to home out of state.

Yeah, I wouldn't touch Harris with a ten foot pole. Muhammed seems like Harris without the baggage, so as long as we can hang onto him I think we are fine. 

Stewart on the other hand knows he fucked up, knows he should be here, and I would take him. I would also be doing some crazy ass back channeling on their freshman edge guys as I am sure their SEC brethren are. 

Also, do we think they make a bowl game?
South Carolina was bad. I’m surprised they lost TBH. they seem to be down bad though. I’m gonna go with yes because they always seem to win games they shouldn’t. But the wheels seem to be falling off so this does seem different than past years. Im 50/50.

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sarkisian fucked up the Anderson recruitment, pure and simple. Pissed off the parents, especially the mom, and the kid and the dad regret making Sarkisian wait so long in the process to get another crack at it. I won't be surprised if there's something there, among others.

What was the story on the Anderson recruitment?

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bryce Anderson

shemar stewart

shemar turner

evan stewart

walter nolen

Jacoby Matthews 

Moose Muhammed 

I have no interest in Shemar Stewart or Walter Nolan. 

Anderson, EStewart, Turner, Diggs, Raikes, Matthews, Muhammad, Green, Regis, White, Overton, Dindy, Jake Johnson, Gilbert, Ish Harris, Cooper, Dewberry, Sylla, Weigman. 

That's probably not it and some of those guys might be more likely to go pro, but all of those guys will add value to an even elite roster, neverminding the holes Texas has at some positions of need that would involve these guys.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Texags saying those same players were recruiting teammates to the portal. 

Anything coming from A&M sources will put the kid in a bad light and make them look good. Harris has been an issue from the beginning and they have allowed him to do whatever he damn well felt like doing. Surprising to no one, that pissed off everyone. They can’t afford to lose the hard workers. They are making him a scape goat. 

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have no interest in Shemar Stewart or Walter Nolan. 

Anderson, EStewart, Turner, Diggs, Raikes, Matthews, Muhammad, Green, Regis, White, Overton, Dindy, Jake Johnson, Gilbert, Ish Harris, Cooper, Dewberry, Sylla, Weigman. 

That's probably not it and some of those guys might be more likely to go pro, but all of those guys will add value to an even elite roster, neverminding the holes Texas has at some positions of need that would involve these guys.  

What about Bobby Taylor? lmao

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Can't remember it clearly. I got told it on a golf course 3 days before Christmas last year and I was simultaneously on conference call. Lots to blur my mind there. Basically, something about Texas not being enthusiastic about having him come back to campus after he had committed and then decommitted after one trip to BCS. Then they didn't come out to visit when the mom wanted to talk to them because Sarkisian's feelings were still hurt, and that was late in the process while Texas was in their neck of the woods. They didn't have their hand out and it wasn't about money. 

By the time spring ended, the family's concern was the complete chasm in POV of the program between the mercenaries and the rest. That chasm predates the 2022 class, btw. McKinley Jackson and numerous others got paid while other players didn't, and those guys weren't shy about letting people know that. The 2022 class is simply completely tipping the cultural scale towards the turd side and Fisher has no fucking clue how to solve for that. 

I can't say that I blame Sarkisian though after all the BS that aggy pulled.  He probably thought all those recruits were in on it.

3 hours ago, Deej said:

They finish out 2-3.

I agree with this. 

And if they are sitting there on the last game of the season on the cusp of bowl eligibility, Fisher will tank the last game to avoid the embarrassment of a bowl loss just like last year. Plus, his salary is guaranteed so there is no reason to have to spend the extra time preparing for and coaching ion a bowl game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

You are one wild ass hillbilly, and I dig that about you. This take reads like it's straight from Eric Nahlin's keyboard though. There are plenty of aggie players that I would gladly see suiting up for Texas. I can count at least 15 from a quick glance of their roster. 

Was being very much facetious 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Can't remember it clearly. I got told it on a golf course 3 days before Christmas last year and I was simultaneously on conference call. Lots to blur my mind there. Basically, something about Texas not being enthusiastic about having him come back to campus after he had committed and then decommitted after one trip to BCS. Then they didn't come out to visit when the mom wanted to talk to them because Sarkisian's feelings were still hurt, and that was late in the process while Texas was in their neck of the woods. They didn't have their hand out and it wasn't about money. 

By the time spring ended, the family's concern was the complete chasm in POV of the program between the mercenaries and the rest. That chasm predates the 2022 class, btw. McKinley Jackson and numerous others got paid while other players didn't, and those guys weren't shy about letting people know that. The 2022 class is simply completely tipping the cultural scale towards the turd side and Fisher has no fucking clue how to solve for that. 

Ha, remember when Brandon Harris was subtweeting him after he picked A&M? Fucking idiot 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Just reading all of this and thinking. "wow, imagine a WR room of Stewart, Worthy, and Hall". Marion would have to get a raise, that is one interesting group of characters, albeit a really talented one. 

Nothing I’ve heard or anything, but I have zero expectation of seeing Hall playing for Texas next season. 

• Hook 'Em 1