Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

15 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This is a little off topic but relates to the quoted post.  Happened upon this link 

https://www.kagstv.com/article/news/local/texas-am-university-ranks-4th-best-college-in-texas-new-poll/499-fdb08d68-2d4c-41dd-9eb5-5a80a02cbe88

You may notice in the link it says 4th best- but if you click you will see that the headline and opening sentence says “tops list”.  
then a few sentences later it says the three higher rated are trinity, UT,  and rice. 

Holy shit, talk about twisting the facts and click bait headlines!

"We are, but there's 3 above us".  Mind bottling.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This is a little off topic but relates to the quoted post.  Happened upon this link 

https://www.kagstv.com/article/news/local/texas-am-university-ranks-4th-best-college-in-texas-new-poll/499-fdb08d68-2d4c-41dd-9eb5-5a80a02cbe88

You may notice in the link it says 4th best- but if you click you will see that the headline and opening sentence says “tops list”.  
then a few sentences later it says the three higher rated are trinity, UT,  and rice. 

🤣

Here’s the breakdown on how Texas A&M University ranks in-state for each category: 

• Admission Rate – 5th  
  • Cost and Financing – 11th  
  • Faculty Resources – 13th  
  • Campus Safety – 3rd  
  • Campus Experience – 13th  
  • Education Outcomes – 4th  
  • Career Outcomes – 2nd
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

🤣

Here’s the breakdown on how Texas A&M University ranks in-state for each category: 

• Admission Rate – 5th  
  • Campus Safety – 3rd  
  • Career Outcomes – 2nd

How the fuck does that average out to 4th?

I love those national ranks. The 100 year Aggy plan...year 10 update--on par with a directional Florida degree factory.

Well. Fucking. Done.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Born Burnt said:

🤣

• Admission Rate – 5th  
  • Campus Safety – 3rd  
  • Career Outcomes – 2nd

Reminds me of this 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Born Burnt said:

🤣

• Admission Rate – 5th  
  • Campus Safety – 3rd  
  • Career Outcomes – 2nd

They obviously didn’t poll the farm animals about “Campus Safety”, because someone told them-

“Oh, they’ve already been poled.”

😳🔥🐑🐑🐄🐄🔥😳

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

They obviously didn’t poll the farm animals about “Campus Safety”, because someone told them-

“Oh, they’ve already been poled.”

😳🔥🐑🐑🐄🐄🔥😳

Nice. Brings to mind how David Letterman would say, "Four thousand people were polled- we all know how painful that can be- about their preference of ice cream."

24 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Taro said today aggy will be starting its sixth different OL lineup this week.  He didn't give any names about who's out and who's starting though.

Worth noting that Addazio wasn't at the Arkansas game because he was sick...you know the game they won. Unless Addazio's out the OL play should not be any different.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Worth noting that Addazio wasn't at the Arkansas game because he was sick...you know the game they won. Unless Addazio's out the OL play should not be any different.

he's missed a ton of time. not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

I figured we might see one or two of these from Aggie this year because of playing time. Easy to ride the bench when you’re winning, not so much when you’re getting beat by Appalachian state at home.

For this dickhead to come out with this post means it’s probably more like 5-7 guys. 

On 10/18/2022 at 7:09 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

90 spots behind UT and JUST behind UCF....

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

I mean he’s not wrong, and the same thing happened to us this past offseason and I’m sure it will happen again. It’s the new landscape. 

Sure, but I don't think Loochi would be posting that if it wasn't going to be an abnormally bad issue for A&M compared to what others are going to be dealing with

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

For legitimate NIL - no - he'd get his payments.  For aggy bag stuff - likely the spigot is turned off.

It's funny this gets brought up today. I was reading a bunch of stuff on reddit yesterday, so it's all unsubstantiated. However, supposedly some NIL deals are including clauses that make it impossible to fulfill if not on campus. Things like "must be at student bookstore 2 at 10:31am on the Monday after everyday game." No idea if it's true but it's interesting to theorize how big money could be skirting around "gurantees" to avoid additional transfers.

30 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

It's funny this gets brought up today. I was reading a bunch of stuff on reddit yesterday, so it's all unsubstantiated. However, supposedly some NIL deals are including clauses that make it impossible to fulfill if not on campus. Things like "must be at student bookstore 2 at 10:31am on the Monday after everyday game." No idea if it's true but it's interesting to theorize how big money could be skirting around "gurantees" to avoid additional transfers.

Saw some hints where services and payments start/finish just after portal dates.   Sketchy af, but hey, it’s aggy bags so who’s surprised.  

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The word is that both the boosters and the Weigmans feel like he should be playing and promises were made that look like lies now.

i don't know how you can be their family, look at the current QB situation and how things have played out...and not feel like he should be playing. but with how bad their QBs have been playing and the injuries that have happened for him to get 0 snaps/pass attempts is not a good look.

also their offense, unadjusted, looks horrific. https://www.bcftoys.com/2022-ofei

outside the top 100 in drive efficiency, in points per drive, 94th in drive yards/available yards, 80th in yards per play. 111 in touchdown rate, 117 (of 131!) in value drive rate (drive end value > drive start value based on field position.) 80th in first down rate. 79th in turnover rate...but hey, they are 47th in blown drive rate! that's something!

So is the effort to inform the public of the need of more funding a threat to the big money that if they don’t deliver what is asked for, the product on the field will suffer greatly?  

of course, jimbo’s pay will remain consistent so he doesn’t care. 

I wonder if things look better with a 6 million dollar a year head coach and 5 million more in the kitty for player retention. 

1 minute ago, NoName said:

i don't know how you can be their family, look at the current QB situation and how things have played out...and not feel like he should be playing. but with how bad their QBs have been playing and the injuries that have happened for him to get 0 snaps/pass attempts is not a good look.

also their offense, unadjusted, looks horrific. https://www.bcftoys.com/2022-ofei

outside the top 100 in drive efficiency, in points per drive, 94th in drive yards/available yards, 80th in yards per play. 111 in touchdown rate, 117 (of 131!) in value drive rate (drive end value > drive start value based on field position.) 80th in first down rate. 79th in turnover rate...but hey, they are 47th in blown drive rate! that's something!

I'm too lazy right now to look up how many TDs were the result of returns (special teams or defense), and I know there have been several in these games, but here's A&M's team totals for their last eight FBS games

They haven't scored 25 points in their last eight FBS games, and their average total is about 20 points

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

I'm too lazy right now to look up how many TDs were the result of returns (special teams or defense), and I know there have been several in these games, but here's A&M's team totals for their last eight FBS games

They haven't scored 25 points in their last eight FBS games, and their average total is about 20 points

They've had one fumble recovery for a TD and one return for a TD.

Their offense is averaging 16.8 points a game against FBS opponents this season.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is confirmation of what we’ve been talking about for awhile here. Performance on the field has significantly soured enthusiasm for just throwing money at unproven players and then trying to spend further money on them to “keep them happy”. Donors are directing energy elsewhere and want to see change in the staff and are pushing for personnel changes too. 

The word is that both the boosters and the Weigmans feel like he should be playing and promises were made that look like lies now. 

Liucci only made that post because it’s becoming apparent that there is no way they are going to be able to retain everyone threatening to leave, be active in the portal, pay the large paydays they are guaranteeing key recruits. Sounds like it could really ugly if the on field performance and personnel choices along with it don’t change dramatically. 

Animated GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fud said:

quick look at team stats say 1 kickoff return for Achane vs App State, 1 fumble return for Demani Richardson vs Arkansas. the 20 point game last year vs Auburn included a 24 yard fumble return and FOUR FGs lol

Just now, Redneck Mutha said:

True, but once you adjust for them playing against SECW/NFL defenses every week, that nets an average offensive production of 50 ppg.  #allassallbrakes

Yeah they really put it to Colorado last year and Miami this year. 

do you get to include a zero for the bowl game they chickened out of, to drive the numbers even further down?