Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Cause his mom fed him recruiting info

That was my uniformed conclusion; not this this is particularly ground-breaking but he seems prone to give favor when a recruit or his family flatters him with access.  

@closetojumpinghates him because of a Pasadena blood vendetta so I consider his opinion compromised.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Nothing I’ve heard or anything, but I have zero expectation of seeing Hall playing for Texas next season. 

I am pretty confident that he will be at a different school next year. Hopefully, he won't have to sit out.

6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But they have to beat lsu, ole miss, auburn, and Florida to get to 8-4.  Could happen, feels like the odds are against it. 

Well, by gollee!, they have purged the non-redass Aggies on the team, and only the pure of heart like Max Wright are left to all pull together with that ol' Aggie spirit! Jimbo's playing the long game of only keeping Ags worthy of being called Aggies!

Iron's sharpening iron! They're gonna give 'em hell, boys! 

All of their troubles are behind them. Smooth sailing and cooking with gas from here on out! 

Next year is natty year!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Fud said:

From one of their "insiders" on 247

"there is still stuff to come out that will have you like wtf are we even doing here."

"We have players under investigation for assaulting their own equipment manager who caught them stealing gear and tried to stop them. We have another player under investigation for assaulting a woman. And that’s still not even all."

1666726789625-png.251321

Here is that post

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Need more of their DL to self destruct.  Those guys seem to be holding it together, much better than I hoped anyhow. 

Also, love how the message board plan is to go pull 5-7 stud OL out of the portal this year.  Because if there's one thing that's typically in the portal, its stud OL.  Idiots.

Well, if you read their posts, their plan is to ramp up the NIL to get them. They got it all figgered out.

• Haha 2

We've always known they bought their class but did Jimbo just put this class together solely based on cash offers for talent without diligence or comfort the player was a fit for his program (or in any way gave a shit)? This may well go down as the Case Study on how NOT to buy a Championship.   Yes, you need to be competitive with the NIL market but essentially taking kids that (a) have major character red flags and/or (b) otherwise maybe aren't that interested in your program but for the fact you presented them with an above market offer they couldn't refuse isn't the path to a culture that's going to stick together when adversity hits.  It still seems that recruiting has to be about relationships and program fit first (with a reasonable and market NIL budget to compensate accordingly).

I fully appreciate we aren't exactly one to talk with the culture issues we've seen over the past decade but JFC this takes the cake.  I can't imagine the disconnect and animosity from the players that actually give a shit (and maybe aren't being as well taken care of) compared to the guys just collecting paychecks and otherwise fucking around.  

• Hook 'Em 5

18 minutes ago, Fud said:

From one of their "insiders" on 247

"there is still stuff to come out that will have you like wtf are we even doing here."

"We have players under investigation for assaulting their own equipment manager who caught them stealing gear and tried to stop them. We have another player under investigation for assaulting a woman. And that’s still not even all."

Come on, it was all kids smoking pot in the locker room. Why wouldn’t that be enough to kick two 5 stars off the team. 

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

We've always known they bought their class but did Jimbo just put this class together solely based on cash offers for talent without diligence or comfort the player was a fit for his program (or in any way gave a shit)?

Um, isn't that what A&M did with Jimbo?

Tradition.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Skipper said:

We've always known they bought their class but did Jimbo just put this class together solely based on cash offers for talent without diligence or comfort the player was a fit for his program (or in any way gave a shit)? This may well go down as the Case Study on how NOT to buy a Championship.   Yes, you need to be competitive with the NIL market but essentially taking kids that (a) have major character red flags and/or (b) otherwise maybe aren't that interested in your program but for the fact you presented them with an above market offer they couldn't refuse isn't the path to a culture that's going to stick together when adversity hits.  It still seems that recruiting has to be about relationships and program fit first (with a reasonable and market NIL budget to compensate accordingly).

I fully appreciate we aren't exactly one to talk with the culture issues we've seen over the past decade but JFC this takes the cake.  I can't imagine the disconnect and animosity from the players that actually give a shit (and maybe aren't being as well taken care of) compared to the guys just collecting paychecks and otherwise fucking around.  

I think the A&M bagmen and associates were trying to build the highest rated class they could. They did not consider things like "talent", "scheme fit", or "character". The only goal was to bring home the "Greatest Recruiting Class of All Time" and win a recruiting "Championship".

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

I think the A&M bagmen and associates were trying to build the highest rated class they could. They did not consider things like "talent", "scheme fit", or "character". The only goal was to bring home the "Greatest Recruiting Class of All Time" and win a recruiting "Championship".

Which is a quintessentially aggy thing to do

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

siap

one.png

TWO.png

so that is some combo of Overton (10 total tackles, 1 sack), Brownlow-Dindy (no stats + OU legacy, right?), Nolen (13 total tackles + 0 sacks), Shemar Stewart (17 total tackles + 1.5 sacks)

out of that guessing it's Brownlow-Dindy + Nolen?

55 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

1666726789625-png.251321

Here is that post

after what happened with Baylor, there is no way that the AD should ever sweep this stuff under the rug no matter what the situation or who the player is.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, NoName said:

that is some combo of Overton (10 total tackles, 1 sack), Brownlow-Dindy (no stats + OU legacy, right?), Nolen (13 total tackles + 0 sacks), Shemar Stewart (17 total tackles + 1.5 sacks)

out of that guessing it's Brownlow-Dindy + Nolen?

It was going around earlier that nolen’s family moved back to Tennessee, yes?

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is it too much to hope that some talented players that aren’t trouble makers might not want to be associated with the aggy program any longer, and join the others in seeking new environs?

Best case scenario would seem like it, but I also can't help but laugh at the red-ass aggy that aren't partaking in this and decide to stay. After Jimbo has shown you what an idiotic plan he has conjured up to win at A&M, and proved how much of a fraud he is.... if you're still aggy after all this shit, you deserve the laughs you get for being associated with this joke of an era of aggy football. Good luck and enjoy living in your aggy circle for the rest of your life. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

Everyone warned aggy that this was the likely end result, because this happened at FSU under Jimbo.

7 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Need more of their DL to self destruct.  Those guys seem to be holding it together, much better than I hoped anyhow. 

Also, love how the message board plan is to go pull 5-7 stud OL out of the portal this year.  Because if there's one thing that's typically in the portal, its stud OL.  Idiots.

Hey, that's the Surly's idiots' plan!

• Hook 'Em 1