Shooter in Cedar Park- multiple LEO's shot responding to initial call

shadow_operative

25 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I think Armybrat is in Leander.  Couldn’t be him anyway, I doubt he could reload his blunderbuss in time to shoot more than once.  

I am in Brushy Creek on the west side of Round Rock.

But I wouldn’t be shooting cops anyway.... ain’t got a dog.

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Are there really that many stupid people here that think this is a good post?

Y'all realize that the movement to reform the police would not send social workers to violent situations, right? Where cops wouldn't be sent is to mental health situations, etc. Good Lord I never realized how many idiots there are in the world, and believe me, I thought there were a lot.

Yet you post here?

I laughed at the bad joke.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Y'all realize that the movement to reform the police would not send social workers to violent situations, right? Where cops wouldn't be sent is to mental health situations, etc. Good Lord I never realized how many idiots there are in the world, and believe me, I thought there were a lot.

I'll admit my first instinct was to make a similar post as yours, but then I realized it was just an intentionally insensitive post, and then I figured this is Surly, so this is basically exactly what I would expect to see. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

**idiots

P.S.

Lighten up, Francis.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

This.

Just now, Gil Bang said:

You're funny.  Maybe, just maybe, if somebody had brought in the social worker a while back, there wouldn't be casualties here today.  

But go ahead and pull your pud. 

You say that like it's a bad thing.

5 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Triggered?

Sure, aren’t we all? I mean it’s all over Facebook that Austin is Armageddon, due to defunding the cops.  And redirecting it to stuff like mental health.   I bet those cedar park cops wish maybe our mental health system might have worked a little better now.   

• Like 1

So we don't know who the shooter is or why he/she shot but we already know he/she has a history of mental health issues that if only the LE had funding for therapy they could have intervened and stopped this situation? 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Sure, aren’t we all? I mean it’s all over Facebook that Austin is Armageddon, due to defunding the cops.  And redirecting it to stuff like mental health.   I bet those cedar park cops wish maybe our mental health system might have worked a little better now.   

I don’t know any details of the reasons for the incident. Has it been ascertained that the shooter is a mental health case?

1 minute ago, Hate said:

So we don't know who the shooter is or why he/she shot but we already know he/she has a history of mental health issues that if only the LE had funding for therapy they could have intervened and stopped this situation? 

No but apparently we know that wouldn’t have prevented it.  

5 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

No but apparently we know that wouldn’t have prevented it.  

I think the point is no one posting here knows anything. Just like you don’t know whether the post that has you all bothered was a joke or not. 

What I do know is posts like yours are making this site a beating to read sometimes. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Don’t know where that is.

Next to Patsy Sommer Elementary on Avery Ranch Blvd. We ride down Brushy Creek Trail and head down some paths that lead there.

image.png

Edited by Bevo

1 minute ago, Telegraph_it said:

I think the point is no one posting here knows anything. Just like you don’t know whether the post that has you all bothered was a joke or not. 

What I do know is posts like yours are making this site a beating to read sometimes. 

Piss off.  I didn’t start it.  And it was a gaslighting joke.  If you don’t like me pointing that out, then go read somewhere else.  Your opinion sucks as bad as mine.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

If snarky posts bother people, this is not the board they were looking for. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I thought this got posted in DT. I'm confused why everyone has decided to make this political. 

Oh wait, I'm not confused, just wondering why you fucksticks didn't start your own safe space thread in the CR.

Then they can't bitch when they get told to take it to the Cloak Room. 

• Hook 'Em 1