Barbara Bush has Passed.

Anastasis

DbBYL7PU8AAMw5t.jpg:large

She reminded me a lot of my grandmother, both in appearance and in her own unique political story, on a much different scale, but none the less. RIP. 
Could you give the tl;dr on her political story? I should be old enough to know, but I honestly don't know too much about her. She always did seem like the nice grandmotherly-type (especially in comparison to my own), but that's really about the full extent of my knowledge.

thanks in advance.

Perchance, does Texas play Fresno State in anything this year?

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article209197719.html

A Fresno State professor called former first lady Barbara Bush an “amazing racist” who raised a “war criminal,” and expressed no concern that she could be fired or reprimanded for her outspokenness on social media.

Randa Jarrar, a professor in Fresno State’s Department of English, expressed her displeasure with the Bush family within an hour after the official announcement that Mrs. Bush died Tuesday at the age of 92.

“Barbara Bush was a generous and smart and amazing racist who, along with her husband, raised a war criminal,” Jarrar wrote on Twitter. “F--- outta here with your nice words.”

Jarrar’s tweet generated more than 2,000 replies back to her, with many upset at her and tagging Fresno State and University President Joseph Castro in their comments.

Jarrar, who in her Twitter messages describes herself as an Arab-American and a Muslim-American woman, goes on to maintain that she is a tenured professor and makes $100,000 a year.

“I will never be fired,” Jarrar tweeted.

In a separate tweet, she wrote: “If you'd like to know what it's like to be an Arab American Muslim American woman with some clout online expressing an opinion, look at the racists going crazy in my mentions right now.”

Jarrar even encouraged those of Twitter to reach out to Fresno State and to Castro, offering up their Twitter handles.

“What I love about being an American professor is my right to free speech, and what I love about Fresno State is that I always feel protected and at home here,” Jarrar wrote. “GO BULLDOGS!”

By around 10:21 p.m., Jarrar made her Twitter account private. The Fresno Bee took screen shots of her tweets when the account was public.

On Amazon, negative reviews for her books began to appear, apparently in reaction to her tweets.

Fresno State, roughly three hours after Jarrar’s initial tweet about Bush, sent out a statement by Castro that addressed the outspoken professor.
“On behalf of Fresno State, I extend my deepest condolences to the Bush family on the loss of our former First Lady, Barbara Bush,” Castro says in the statement. “We share the deep concerns expressed by others over the personal comments made today by professor Randa Jarrar, a professor in the English Department at Fresno State.

“Her statements were made as a private citizen, not as a representative at Fresno State.”

Castro also added: “Professor Jarrar’s expressed personal views and commentary are obviously contrary to the core values of our University, which include respect and empathy for individuals with divergent points of view, and a sincere commitment to mutual understanding and progress."

Messages left with Jarrar were not immediately returned.

I genuinely laughed when she said that the refugees in the Astrodome were better off and that it was all working very well for them since they were poor anyway. The disconnect between the dynastic class in America and the lives of regular Americans is astonishing and it's hilarious when a Bush or Kennedy has a "let them eat cake" moment.

I'm sure she was a very good mother and everything, of course. Her sons seem like decent boys.

Jeb!

4 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Perchance, does Texas play Fresno State in anything this year?

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article209197719.html

She is now on leave from Fresno State and has taken her Twitter private.

https://www.weaselzippers.us/382042-fresno-state-professor-who-danced-on-barbara-bushs-grave-now-on-leave/

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Randa_2_photo_900.jpg?itok=WVTp3017

She's obviously discriminated against because of her Arab ancestry.  Possibly it's her lack of couth.

Well, she certainly has no lack of girth.   Vic Mackey to the white, I mean, Arab American, courtesy phone.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

LOL "I can't be fired".  Might want to reread your employee handbook, tenured or not.

RIP Barbara.

English professor. What you gonna do?  How can you possibly replace  such a creature?  Surely her lab is bringing in the grants left and right.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

She is now on leave from Fresno State and has taken her Twitter private.

https://www.weaselzippers.us/382042-fresno-state-professor-who-danced-on-barbara-bushs-grave-now-on-leave/

Reminds me of something I once heard, wtte, "You stop encountering cunts all the time one you stop being one yourself."

• Like 1

She got a post graduate from Texas.

And this from https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/grade-point/wp/2018/04/18/after-calling-barbara-bush-an-amazing-racist-a-professor-taunts-critics-i-will-never-be-fired/

“The writer taunted those attacking her, sharing a contact number that was actually that of Arizona State University’s suicide hotline..”

She sucks...

Now they're talking about firing the professor.  It IS hate speech, so...

Considering that this is in California I seriously doubt that she’ll lose her job. The protest against her dismissal would likely cause the powers to buckle substantially.

I think she comes out of this unscathed with her “we don’t give a fuck about anyone but ourselves” crowd. They are no doubt consoling her right now for having to take leave as a result of being “unfairly harassed!”

She is a seriously despicable human being.