Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

Riley will do everything he can to make this a blow out and drive up the score as much as possible.  It’s the way he is the way he operates if he can get on a stage he wants to embarrass the opponent.  If I was a betting man I would bet the farm usc covers. 

Edited by ApocalypseTexas

5 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I was going to let you make it but then I went back and read this...and then Slorch posted this. Lol

"This is exactly what I am talking about". You can't even see it. Every black person on this thread has been caught in this conflict that you described. The problem is you aren't asking why that is. They are in conflict because they have to conform to what white society says is the correct way to do things in order to be successful. That includes how they speak, dress, behave, wear their hair, and even the vehicle they choose to drive. If a white kid came home dressed like a black kid their parents would lose their shit. However, they need not worry about it because white kids don't have to do that in order to make it in this world. It's only a problem that the black community wants to hold onto its culture. Go onto the A&M thread and look at the comments made about Jimbo's kid showing up on the sideline with chains and such on.

Look at the part of your post I bolded. Just like @Catdaddyhorn horn said its hard baked into society that things black people do are seen as negative. Look at how you depicted him. Wearing gold chains, listening to rap, and being flashy = negative. If a black guy wears a 200k chain what do we say? Ignorant. Thug. If a white guy has a Patek on his wrist we celebrate it. You can drive a S63 and people tip the cap. What do they say if you drive an old school with candy paint and 26's? Why would you spend so much on rims. Thug. Waste of money. They are both wastes of money, though 10 years down the road the old school has held its value. When my wife breaks out her nice handbags people compliment them. Same damn waste of money. It's all flashy, but if the majority community doesn't recognize the behavior its seen as negative.

You may come out of the house in a Patagonia shirt. Your neighbor, the country boy, might wear camo or some fishing shirt. Even though that is different than what you wear its still part of the acceptable community garb. I don't dress like Deion, but I do know a lot of people who do. So yes, I take offense to you calling something you don't understand negative based on what YOU think people should and shouldn't do. He doesn't represent all of us but he does represent a decent slice of the pie, just like PFG, Oakley wearing guy does to you.

That's the problem. We don't want to let people do what they want to do. If they aren't like us they go in the bad box. Other cultures. Other gender identities. Other sexual orientations. Yeah Deion is loud. Go play Spades or Bones with black people and everyone is a Deion Sanders. I am cool with shit talkers that tip the cap when it doesn't go their way.

Look at what you wrote-"Reserved and respectful". "Dumb down publicly". As if the only way to be respectful or intelligent is to look and speak the way YOU think they should look or speak. "Poor black kids not being accepted in their community for getting good grades". That's not what black people are on about. Once again. Maybe you need to think about how you view the world. Newsflash, you won't. You and the others(like Slorch) will continue to make thinly veiled comments and then be dismissive and defensive when people call you out on them.

The gold chain has been around for decades in the black community, and not just for thugs and gangsters. Michael Jordan, some of y'alls biggest hero, was a two chain wearing thug/gangster. I'm out on this topic.

He doesn't have to conform to shit, but if he's going to act a certain way or build a certain culture, then he gets what comes with it.

My comments aren't veiled either.  I called out bullshit behavior for what it is.  His son talking all that shit before the Oregon game is symptomatic too.

Deion doesn't owe me shit, however, I don't owe him anything either.  Talking the truth about behavior/ culture evidently bothers many in our society.  It's a problem.  You're so in love with 'keeping it real' while ignoring the totality of what that means.

"Why doesn't shit change for us?"  You ignore the fucking truth.  We hate on plenty of other sports characters on here ranging from Beard to jerry Jones to who the fuck ever else...  but Deion deserves a pass because of his skin tone.   Bullshit.

Edited by slorch

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

Deion doesn't owe me shit, however, I don't owe him anything either.  Talking the truth about behavior/ culture evidently bothers many in our society.  It's a problem.  You're so in love with 'keeping it real' while ignoring the totality of what that means.

"

Why should every culture assimilate to what you want or you believe to be the correct way?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Because if he was a player for another team then wtf do his comments have to do with anything?

He was asked about Deion in an interview during their playing days. Because he was also a 2 sport player. He also happens to be black. It’s been pointed out several times that only white people seem to have a problem with Deion’s schtick.

24 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Why should every culture assimilate to what you want or you believe to be the correct way?

That's my point.  They don't have to.

My point in the post upthread however, is that culture he seems to be driving doesn't lend itself to getting hired in the real world.  It doesn't lend itself to having a better life than from that in which Deion grew up.

Maybe I missed the point of a college education.

Again, and probably an endorsement in Deion's column, college football has virtually zero to do with education.  He's built for the business of college football.  he's perfect for it.  I've said as much upthread as well.  How does it turn out for most of the players? It is preparing them for what-  assimilating back into what type of life?

Edited by slorch

8 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

He was asked about Deion in an interview during their playing days. Because he was also a 2 sport player. He also happens to be black. It’s been pointed out several times that only white people seem to have a problem with Deion’s schtick.

Really?

032622_CSU_FB_Practice_-_Norvell.jpg

12 minutes ago, slorch said:

My point in the post upthread however, is that culture he seems to be driving doesn't lend itself to getting hired in the real world.  It doesn't lend itself to having a better life than from that in which Deion grew up

He cut all the dead weight out of this program (get in the muthafuka) and the players left know he is actively trying to recruit over them. He has brought in well respected coordinators and position coaches with skins on the wall. He has worked his ass off throughout his amateur and professional career to be the absolute best he could be

seems like a recipe for success after fb for the players who stick it out. 

ETA and he has accomplished all this while being himself. 

when he was drafted by the Falcons he insisted on going with his agent (some old white dude I’m sure). The agent wanted him to wait outside but he insisted on going in. He insisted on reading the offer as well though the agent told him to be quiet and let him handle it. 

he read the offer, looked across the table, scoffed and said “y’all must want me just returning punts” and got ready to walk. I think those players are in good hands 

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

He cut all the dead weight out of this program (get in the muthafuka) and the players left know he is actively trying to recruit over them. He has brought in well respected coordinators and position coaches with skins on the wall. He has worked his ass off throughout His amateur and professional career to be the absolute best he could be

seems like a recipe for success after fb for the players who stick it out. 

and there's that, for sure.  

Time will tell if it outweighs the shady shit he's been a part of.  Maybe Prime Prep behavior is behind him.

Dude can do it his way.  No dispute here.  He's allowed to have his own lexicon.  We're still allowed to comment on it.  It's not a horns/ halo thing like some on here make it.  Because there is part of his schtick people don't like or might lampoon, it doesn't mean everything's bad either.

Edited by slorch

7 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I was going to let you make it but then I went back and read this...and then Slorch posted this. Lol

"This is exactly what I am talking about". You can't even see it. Every black person on this thread has been caught in this conflict that you described. The problem is you aren't asking why that is. They are in conflict because they have to conform to what white society says is the correct way to do things in order to be successful. That includes how they speak, dress, behave, wear their hair, and even the vehicle they choose to drive. If a white kid came home dressed like a black kid their parents would lose their shit. However, they need not worry about it because white kids don't have to do that in order to make it in this world. It's only a problem that the black community wants to hold onto its culture. Go onto the A&M thread and look at the comments made about Jimbo's kid showing up on the sideline with chains and such on.

Look at the part of your post I bolded. Just like @Catdaddyhorn horn said its hard baked into society that things black people do are seen as negative. Look at how you depicted him. Wearing gold chains, listening to rap, and being flashy = negative. If a black guy wears a 200k chain what do we say? Ignorant. Thug. If a white guy has a Patek on his wrist we celebrate it. You can drive a S63 and people tip the cap. What do they say if you drive an old school with candy paint and 26's? Why would you spend so much on rims. Thug. Waste of money. They are both wastes of money, though 10 years down the road the old school has held its value. When my wife breaks out her nice handbags people compliment them. Same damn waste of money. It's all flashy, but if the majority community doesn't recognize the behavior its seen as negative.

You may come out of the house in a Patagonia shirt. Your neighbor, the country boy, might wear camo or some fishing shirt. Even though that is different than what you wear its still part of the acceptable community garb. I don't dress like Deion, but I do know a lot of people who do. So yes, I take offense to you calling something you don't understand negative based on what YOU think people should and shouldn't do. He doesn't represent all of us but he does represent a decent slice of the pie, just like PFG, Oakley wearing guy does to you.

That's the problem. We don't want to let people do what they want to do. If they aren't like us they go in the bad box. Other cultures. Other gender identities. Other sexual orientations. Yeah Deion is loud. Go play Spades or Bones with black people and everyone is a Deion Sanders. I am cool with shit talkers that tip the cap when it doesn't go their way.

Look at what you wrote-"Reserved and respectful". "Dumb down publicly". As if the only way to be respectful or intelligent is to look and speak the way YOU think they should look or speak. "Poor black kids not being accepted in their community for getting good grades". That's not what black people are on about. Once again. Maybe you need to think about how you view the world. Newsflash, you won't. You and the others(like Slorch) will continue to make thinly veiled comments and then be dismissive and defensive when people call you out on them.

The gold chain has been around for decades in the black community, and not just for thugs and gangsters. Michael Jordan, some of y'alls biggest hero, was a two chain wearing thug/gangster. I'm out on this topic.

69796d50cd65ffc18c404151ab8335ae.gif.401091e2cb601c9cdaeecb8eee51df1d.gif

ZXq95G4.jpg.0f4bacdf06390f9c54ed550e73fb79b5.jpg

-NZ-ndhAvONEEs7y.jpg.8faefdfe9b1db718330b4051e514185b.jpg

acc864a307e0570d724fb8b30345794b.jpg.284f18d6d03ef06acc480800b37f5591.jpg

fhthh.jpg.5a3ea961732294d2fd3be5b640db1bf6.jpg

Untitled.jpg.fd63d2e45f1e142a6641c302f7c7caf3.jpg

2157889318001_4290955245001_muhammad-ali-mr-tjpg.thumb.jpg.e72fc307b335505c741b4fcb92a5a736.jpg

walter-clyde-frazier-man-crush-monday.thumb.webp.d40a1cc636606a8c0942ce4c10692d7f.webp

-NZ-ndhAvONEEs7y.jpg

-NZ-ndhAvONEEs7y.jpg

-NZ-ndhAvONEEs7y.jpg

I never said there's anything wrong with wearing gold chains or even being like Deion Sanders if that's who you are.

What I said is it's wrong to assume that is the embodiment of the black community and that black people who do not conform to that aren't "really black". That's what I've seen a ton of with exceptionally bright young black students who don't relate to the Deion Sanders of the world. Or with others from disadvantaged communities who also don't relate to that but feel pressured they have to conform to that by their own community. 

It's not only white people putting that racist pressure on them, it's their own black community as well. And like I said before I've seen the exact same thing in my wife's Latino community. 

Way earlier in this thread I said I don't have a problem with Deion Sanders acting like that and making college football a lot more like professional wrestling. I'm not a fan of it at all but I never said he shouldn't do that. I only said if he's going to do that then don't act like people don't like it simply because of his race, when in reality a ton of people don't like it because of his attitude and behavior. 

Deion Sanders attempting to say people who don't like his antics are against him because of his race is what I have a problem with, and mainly because that presupposes that his antics are the embodiment of the entire black community in America which is completely false. 

I've made my point here and if you don't agree with it and you think the entire black community should be held to 1 personality type and anything else isn't acceptable then that's your opinion and we're just going to have to disagree. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1