Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not to create a ton more work, but do you happen to have the totals for non-con/bowl games?  Would be interesting if these seemingly very undisciplined Longhorn teams suddenly get it under control when the crew isn't from the Big 12.

I think I did actually look at this last year. And I’m pretty sure that the calls weren’t nearly as lopsided in non-conference games. Like I remember there being a definite difference. 

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not to create a ton more work, but do you happen to have the totals for non-con/bowl games?  Would be interesting if these seemingly very undisciplined Longhorn teams suddenly get it under control when the crew isn't from the Big 12.

Looking at the stats for the years listed in that chart, and without consideration of the timing of the penalty (did it extend opponent's drive? Did it kill a Texas one?) we were penalized more against La Tech, Rice, Colorado, Louisiana. We had the same number of penalties against LSU and Arkansas. Utah, UTEP, and Rice (2021) were penalized more than us.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ultimaton said:

Looking at the stats for the years listed in that chart, and without consideration of the timing of the penalty (did it extend opponent's drive? Did it kill a Texas one?) we were penalized more against La Tech, Rice, Colorado, Louisiana. We had the same number of penalties against LSU and Arkansas. Utah, UTEP, and Rice (2021) were penalized more than us.

Huh.  The seemingly even distribution that you would expect to see.  Imagine that?

• Hook 'Em 2

Once again, said this last year…the chart is simply for comic relief. I know it doesn’t factor in the timing of the calls. The number of times we’ve been screwed on phantom calls or non-calls over the past decade or so is too many to remember at this point. In summary, of course the chart doesn’t tell the whole story…but it definitely tells A STORY.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Well now I'm pissed off all over again.  

Young was either down or he grounded it. There's no other possible outcome 

there was a receiver at the goal line on the young play which allowed them to negate the grounding   but yes he was down and it was a safety.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

there was a receiver at the goal line on the young play which allowed them to negate the grounding   but yes he was down and it was a safety.

The deflection is not considered part of the pass.  You can actually catch an intentionally grounded pass off deflection and it's still a penalty.

• Hook 'Em 1

The targeting thing wouldn't even be hard to solve.  Set up a run of the mill targeting penalty, then set up a unsportsmanlike conduct targeting penalty.  Both are 15 yards in the game.  Then set up an unsportsmanlike conduct "accumulation" system and once you get your third you sit the next game etc.  

Could still keep the system where if you get two unsportsmanlike penalties in one game you are kicked out of that game.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Like 1