Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I have a nightmare of us playing Gundy in the B12 Champ Game, officiated by Mar, with All Star Appearances on his crew by Scott Campbell (Goggles) Mike Defee (Muscles) and Walt Anderson.

Like the end of slap shot when Syracuse signs all of the league goons to beat the shit out of the chiefs

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I have a nightmare of us playing Gundy in the B12 Champ Game, officiated by Mar, with All Star Appearances on his crew by Scott Campbell (Goggles) Mike Defee (Muscles) and Walt Anderson.

And Cooper Castleberry in the replay booth.

• Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

3-4 games until competent officiating. Hopefully CDC pulls enough levers to keep Mar out of our Big 12 remaining games.

Fuck you fat piece of shit. I hope he chokes on his fifth hotel pizza tonight. 

I told my wife Mar made my top 5 of dudes I can throat punch and go to jail if I ever stumble upon him with no repercussions from her. Herbdouche is also top 5. And Bob Stoops.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

How can you call holding on Whittington when you have a dead ball penalty for illegal shift?

If the snap causes the penalty (offsides, illegal shift, too many men), it is live ball.  Technically, those things can be corrected before the ball is snapped.  False start, disconcerting signals, encroachment can't be fixed and are dead ball.

Edited by JBJ
  • Like 1

Unless I just missed whonthey called the hold on (right guard?), I wouldn't have called it.  The blocker was in position and it didn't look he pulled the defender down on the replay.  As much as you guys bitch about holding on this thread, it rarely gets called in any league where the OL is in postion and grabbing the torso.  The ref called the guy going to the ground, but it didn't look like he was pulled down.

LB chucking Cook (1st INT) looked clean.

The early no-call DPI on Worthy I thought was okay.  The holding on the corner route late in the game should have been called.

The late hit was not a good call.

Extra man on the field - they aren't supposed to call when a defender is within a stride of sideline and has no impact on the play.  This is a safety thing - they don't want kids diving for the sidelines.  It looked like a no-call live, but I didn't get a good look at how far on field he might have been (near bench can be deceptive).

• Fuck You 3

The late hit call was clear cut in my view. I would want it called if the roles were reversed. Howard had clearly conceded the playing field and took a full step out of bounds before Watts made contact.

If your point is that the game has evolved such that we’re protecting players too much and something like that shouldn’t be called then that’s certainly an argument. That was a big part of the narrative coming out of last year’s AFC championship when Ossai was flagged for a similar hit on Mahomes.

That said, this is how they call it now and they are pretty damn consistent with it. So this wasn’t a case of there being some sort of anti-Texas bias. Watts had to make a smarter play there. End of story. 

8 minutes ago, JBJ said:The early no-call DPI on Worthy I thought was okay.  The holding on the corner route late in the game should have been called.

This is a really bad take.  That was obvious PI.  The defender was tackling Worthy before the ball got there.  It also directly lead to a KSU touchdown.

• Like 1

i don't remember the play

the whole game was a fog of malaise after we skipped taking points again

i was with maxhorn in his seats, section 30, 60ish rows up, i want to say 24 yard line on the east side of the stadium

mar is right in front of us

qb is rolling towards us

our dline guy is IN FRONT of the olineman pursuing him

our guy is CARRYING the olineman who is hanging on with his left arm wrapped across the chest of our rusher

they are coming TOWARDS Mar at high speed

Mar is LOOKING AWAY down the sideline despite the only 3 players within 50 feet of him are the fleeing kittie qb and the brazen penalty happening right in front of him

except he is watching players he can't see clearly 20 yards down the field who are surrounded by other zebras

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

10 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Question because I may be misremembering but isn't holding down field a spot foul? In the 4th they called a hold on one of our OL (think it was Huston). He was run blocking 5 yards down field, they walked of 10 for the LOS. Shouldn't it have been 10 from the spot of the foul?

Yes.

I was too much of a pussy to watch live, so I was watching ESPN Gamecast.  Was the holding by Texas on the FG drive bad?  I saw folks bitching on the thread, but didn't see the play.
To add, legit or not, I did find it humorous that the refs finally see a hold when it screws TX on a potential game-winning drive.

They are always willing to call holding against Texas, and DPI. But ignore those calls vs anyone else.
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Nivek said:

The defender was clearly beat on that play and grabbed and pulled down Worthy to save a TD. That is what he is taught to do to save points and accept the penalty. However in this conference you can tackle our WRs at any point in the game and draw zero flags. JBJ is clearly fucking wrong.

Maybe I'm thinking of a different play.  I'm thinking of one up the far sideline where the defender was behind and Worthy had to slow for the ball.  There was some contact when the defender caught up, but it wasn't much.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Pods said:

Another obvious PI Mar and crew also "missed". Should have been a first down, but K State ends up blocking our punt. 

image.jpeg

8 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Maybe I'm thinking of a different play.  I'm thinking of one up the far sideline where the defender was behind and Worthy had to slow for the ball.  There was some contact when the defender caught up, but it wasn't much.

See above. This is the PI in question, I believe. 

• Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

See above. This is the PI in question, I believe. 

Found it. 2:34 in the second.  Yeah, that one should have been called.  Not the one I was thinking of.  I was thinking 1Q cause we were going the other way.  Might not even be Worthy.

Edited by JBJ

9 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

On the 4th down on KSU’s final possession in regulation, why was the play clock restarted when it got under 10 seconds? They would not have gotten the play off otherwise. 

I saw that live too. Got down to 4 sec and then reset to 25. I wasn't sure if there was an error in the broadcast clock or if the refs reset the in-game clock.

I assumed that it was a broadcast error bc the QB was not in a hurry and nobody on field seemed bothered.

Edited by LonghornBreeder
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, FtheBig12 said:

For my very first post I would just like to say fuck the Big 12 and the Big 12 referees. I really wish sark had the balls to get in front of a microphone post game and just rip those fucking pussies to shreds.

I agree, but I thank God that Sark and the team are more resilient than me on this. Letting it get to them, affect them, just suits their purpose. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

I saw that live too. Got down to 4 sec and then reset to 25. I wasn't sure if there was an error in the broadcast clock or if the refs reset the in-game clock.

I assumed that it was a broadcast error bc the QB was not in a hurry and nobody on field seemed bothered.

I was at the game. The play clock in the stadium got to 4 and then reset.  No one said anything. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

18 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I've been watching ou get away with bullshit no-calls and phantom flags for 35+ years. It finally happens to them and the fucking world is crumbling. Sooner magic my ass. Fuck ou and fuck any bitchboi that cries about it. 

I hear you. But they did get jobbed. Just take note, the refs are gonna screw us if we give them the chance. We need to leave no doubt in all remaining games. 

• Hook 'Em 2