Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

Cross-posting, for the lulz.

Don't know this dude ... but sounds legit :-))

I am sure Jimbo has top men on this situation. I would expect each to be disciplined by sitting out one alternating series each against New Mexico.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If Loochi is calling it a coin flip it has to be LSU, right?

Maybe, but he also likes to play up commitments as a victory over better programs.

He’s a quality OL, in a down year for OL in the state, and Liucci would love to position this as a vote of confidence for the Aggie OL coach and Jimbo over an SECW rival for an elite recruit. 

I happened to see this little blurb on ESPN today and Jimbo said what he learned after going 5-7. 

His answer was "I learned that we were 6 inches short. Our losses were one possession games and we had 1 play in each game that we missed by an inch and it costs us the game."

Holy. Fucking. Shit. This is how I know they are doomed to the wilderness for the next decade. Also.. 

thats-what-she-said-what-she-said.gif

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

I happened to see this little blurb on ESPN today and Jimbo said what he learned after going 5-7. 

His answer was "I learned that we were 6 inches short. Our losses were one possession games and we had 1 play in each game that we missed by an inch and it costs us the game."

Holy. Fucking. Shit. This is how I know they are doomed to the wilderness for the next decade. Also.. that's what she said.

He's not wrong but this also applies to a lot of teams that go 5-7, such as 2021 Texas, and I don't think any of us would defend that year's team as anything other than dogshit.

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

I get the feeling aggy dropped a big bag for Black and so far he hasn't taken them up on it. That is the only thing that explains their perceived confidence that this recruitment is close.

Someone should tell Fat Hamm that Wiltfong just said that recruitment may be ending sooner than later.

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Haven’t paid that close attention to their class, but top 5 OL class this year?  Or more looch speak?

Ratings wise it looks good.  To bad they'll be coached by a bottom 5 position coach in Addazio/whoever Bilbo hires next.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If Loochi is calling it a coin flip it has to be LSU, right?

Perroni is saying aggy.  All the picks are for aggy, so this just feels like Looch is going to crow about the greatness of Dumbo beating out Kelly not only on the field, but for recruits.

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Suggesting our 2023 schedule is weak?

It's the opposite of that.  Probably one of the toughest in the country.  

I'd say it's pretty easy. Bama's the only guaranteed top 25 team. We get the 3 and 4 teams in the conference by odds at home. Bama and ISU are the only games outside the state. The Big 12 will have a couple teams that are better than expected but it's generally a down year. 

On 8/14/2023 at 2:06 AM, Getafix said:

When Max Wright unofficially visited A&M and was offered, 

- he was a national Top-10 player - Top 10 overall, not just TEs.

- Tom Herman had not yet coached his first game ...      ....      ......    in Houston.

- Steve Sarkisian was still at USC.  (He then went to Bama, then the Falcons, then back to Bama, before coming to Texas.)

- NO CR! Donald Trump had not yet spoken in his first Primary debate.

- Charlie Strong had not yet coached his second season opener at Texas,  or realized that he did not actually have a hurry-up, spread offense thingy.  Shawn Watson was still the OC.

- Moro Ojomo's parents had not yet met.

Wright visited and was offered in August, 2015. (AD 2015.)

Also the dude from ALF was still alive

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Isn't there a stat or something that they've played the most FCS teams since joining the sec?

Excluding the covid season where it was a conference only schedule, they have played a FCS team every year since joining the SEC and have one on the schedule through 2025. 

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Excluding the covid season where it was a conference only schedule, they have played a FCS team every year since joining the SEC and have one on the schedule through 2025. 

They've played two FCS teams in the same season at least once since joining the SEC and it might have happened twice.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fall Camp Report: Offensive observations from A&M's first two weeks

By Billy Liucci August 16, 2023

In the first of two installments of his Fall Camp Report from Texas A&M's opening two weeks of camp, TexAgs' co-owner and executive editor Billy Liucci offers plenty of notes, observations and pieces of information regarding Jimbo Fisher's and Bobby Petrino's offensive unit.

Entering camp, there were a couple of discussion topics that few outside of TexAgs would acknowledge, much less report on or say out loud.

A legitimate quarterback battle would take place in August, and the Texas A&M offensive line — while needing to show significant improvement over last season — would be one of the deepest spots on the roster.

Both of those things have been made crystal clear as A&M is now two full weeks into camp.

At quarterback, Conner Weigman started strong, has progressed steadily and is playing good ball. The sophomore has had an impressive August thus far.

However, both quarterbacks had their struggles in the first scrimmage, and Max Johnson has since strung together a pair of outstanding practices — the best two he's had in August.

With a decision by Jimbo Fisher probably at least a week away (possibly not until game week), it's still too early to name a favorite. I know the reaction here, so let me tell you ahead of time: You're wasting your energy if you turn this into any sort of negative.

Jamie Maury, TexAgs

Both Max Johnson and Conner Weigman are in their first fall camp with new Texas A&M offensive coordinator Bobby Petrino.

These two are pushing each other, and it's leading the entire team to practice better as a result.

The offensive line has been a very interesting position to track.

Reuben Fatheree is still on schedule and should be ready in time for the season. He recently returned to practice and is noticeably lighter and leaner than he was at this time a year ago.

However, Fatheree missing time did allow for a couple of younger tackles to get more practice time with and against the ones, and both Chase Bisontis and Dametrious Crownover have been pretty damn impressive from wire to wire.

Crownover would be on my very short list when asked about the most improved player on the Aggie roster over last spring, and I'm telling you right now: Bisontis is good enough to start in the SEC as a true freshman if the need arises. The New Jersey product is going to be special.

That said, the Aggies return both starting tackles, and the guy no one talks about is quietly putting together an outstanding month of August.

That's third-year man Trey Zuhn, and the 6-foot-6, 315-pounder has been healthy and has performed as well as anyone on Steve Addazio's starting five.

In summary, the tackle position has been a fun one to watch this fall, and along with a pretty experienced Akinola Ogunbiyi also factoring in, the Ags appear to have finally built some quality depth at the position.

On the inside, Bryce Foster is your center and should be as good as any in the SEC.

The Aggie offensive line was a different unit with #61 in the middle last fall and missed him dearly. Foster did miss some time last week and was out for spring ball. He's back in action, and the Ags need him

Sophomore Mark Nabou received important reps at center during the spring, and his versatility offers Steve Addazio a number of interior options.

Still, Foster's absence has given Addazio and Fisher to develop much better depth in the all-important middle, with Mark Nabou getting plenty of work and looking very good. The guard/center from Seattle needs continued work on snaps, but he's more than a capable backup and remains one of the most underrated signings in that record-setting 2022 class. Nabou will provide depth and push to play at any of the three spots in the middle. Remington Strickland is also beginning to look like a guy who could not only provide invaluable center depth but also potentially step in and start a little later in his career.

As expected, the running backs have essentially taken turns showing out.

Veteran Amari Daniels is still very much in the mix, but I will say that I'm hearing the names Le'Veon Moss and Rueben Owens a lot lately. I'm particularly excited to see the five-star freshman in the early going, as he's begun to establish himself as a big-play threat out of the Aggie backfield.

Here's a name at running back folks might not want to sleep on: Colorado State transfer David Bailey.

The 235-pound back caught our eye during the open practice, and I was told the former Boston College starter ripped off a couple of long runs in the first-team scrimmage last Saturday. He brings something different to the backfield stable, which is worth noting when it comes to Fisher and Bobby Petrino looking for someone to wear on a defense with hard yards between the tackles.

Losing Donovan Green for the season at tight end is a crushing blow, as he was a returning starter at the spot and one of the more likable guys in that locker room. Green isn't just good at football, but he also really cares about football, which makes him a real loss.

That said, depth at tight end means that it's a loss that the Aggies should be able to absorb.

The position has seen a few guys miss some time since last spring due to a series of bumps and bruises (including Green prior to the season-ending injury), but there has been some positive buzz coming out of the first two weeks of camp.

Max Wright returns for a sixth season at Texas A&M and is an important piece for the Aggie tight ends, both on and off the gridiron.

Max Wright is returning for year six on campus, and he means a lot more to that huddle than many realize. As far as Wright the player, I think the coaching staff has the most confidence in the veteran when it comes to his knowledge of the offense and his blocking ability. Wright can also make plays in the passing game, even if not as dangerous a weapon as Green.

That's where guys like Jake Johnson and Theo Melin Öhrström come in.

Fisher mentioned Öhrströ snagging around eight passes in Saturday's scrimmage setting, and the 6-foot-5, 260-pound Swede is now likely to be thrown into the mix, ready or not. He's close, and we probably would have seen him work his way into the mix as the season wore on regardless.

As for Jake Johnson, he was turning heads in a big way before suffering a minor injury that cost him a couple of days.

Personally, Jake is the guy I believe has the biggest opportunity in front of him with Donovan out. The second-year tight end was going to play a ton anyway and now has a chance to see his number of reps and targets soar.

When it comes to true freshman Jaden Platt, he's probably the most gifted player at the position in terms of frame and all-around athleticism. Give him some time, and we'll see if he contributes later in the season.

The Ags lost their most proven player at the position, but there is healthy competition for first-team rep distribution at tight end. Time for the next man (or men) to step up.

At receiver, Evan Stewart has been doing Evan Stewart things.

No surprise here, as I'm not sure I've seen a more athletically-gifted player at the position at A&M.

Re-read that. I mean it.

We all know Stewart can make the incredible grab look routine, but his quickness and athletic ability in his routes are simply next-level.

Noah Thomas has continued to impress on the outside, and nothing has changed when it comes to the Aggie coaches and players expecting a breakout season from the 6-foot-5 pass-catcher.

To nobody’s surprise, do-it-all man Ainias Smith is doing it all. “Sub Zero” has seen time at receiver, running back and on special teams throughout fall camp.

How about Ainias Smith? He's healthy and has recently been demonstrating why he should be considered a prime candidate for first-team All-SEC honors at the 'all purpose' spot. In recent practices, “Sub Zero” has gotten some extra work in the backfield, and to no one's surprise, Smith has looked exceptional running the football.

Those three, plus proven playmaker Moose Muhammad, give Dameyune Craig a group that most position coaches around the country would envy...and that's without anyone knowing about “All Dae.”

Jahdae Walker was a largely unheralded portal addition out of Grand Valley State, but the dynamic receiving threat has turned heads and won over coaches and teammates alike with his energy and work ethic since stepping foot on campus. However, where Walker has really stood out is on the field. Standing around 6-foot-4, Walker's combination of size and speed is NFL starter-type stuff, and his work ethic and practice production have been elite since the beginning of fall camp.

No matter how crowded things may seem at wideout, Walker looks like a fall camp standout who will work his way onto the field early and often.

Quick note about something we don't talk about enough around here: Punter Nik Constantinou and kicker Randy Bond have been outstanding through a couple of weeks of camp. I've also heard quite a bit of positive buzz from backup kicker and second-year man Ethan Moczulski.

The Aggies have a chance to be pretty strong on special teams this fall, in the kicking game and with guys like Smith, Muhammad, Bryce Anderson and Moss leading the way in the return game.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Fall Camp Report: Offensive observations from A&M's first two weeks

By Billy Liucci August 16, 2023

In the first of two installments of his Fall Camp Report from Texas A&M's opening two weeks of camp, TexAgs' co-owner and executive editor Billy Liucci offers plenty of notes, observations and pieces of information regarding Jimbo Fisher's and Bobby Petrino's offensive unit.

Entering camp, there were a couple of discussion topics that few outside of TexAgs would acknowledge, much less report on or say out loud.

A legitimate quarterback battle would take place in August, and the Texas A&M offensive line — while needing to show significant improvement over last season — would be one of the deepest spots on the roster.

Both of those things have been made crystal clear as A&M is now two full weeks into camp.

At quarterback, Conner Weigman started strong, has progressed steadily and is playing good ball. The sophomore has had an impressive August thus far.

However, both quarterbacks had their struggles in the first scrimmage, and Max Johnson has since strung together a pair of outstanding practices — the best two he's had in August.

With a decision by Jimbo Fisher probably at least a week away (possibly not until game week), it's still too early to name a favorite. I know the reaction here, so let me tell you ahead of time: You're wasting your energy if you turn this into any sort of negative.

Jamie Maury, TexAgs

Both Max Johnson and Conner Weigman are in their first fall camp with new Texas A&M offensive coordinator Bobby Petrino.

These two are pushing each other, and it's leading the entire team to practice better as a result.

The offensive line has been a very interesting position to track.

Reuben Fatheree is still on schedule and should be ready in time for the season. He recently returned to practice and is noticeably lighter and leaner than he was at this time a year ago.

However, Fatheree missing time did allow for a couple of younger tackles to get more practice time with and against the ones, and both Chase Bisontis and Dametrious Crownover have been pretty damn impressive from wire to wire.

Crownover would be on my very short list when asked about the most improved player on the Aggie roster over last spring, and I'm telling you right now: Bisontis is good enough to start in the SEC as a true freshman if the need arises. The New Jersey product is going to be special.

That said, the Aggies return both starting tackles, and the guy no one talks about is quietly putting together an outstanding month of August.

That's third-year man Trey Zuhn, and the 6-foot-6, 315-pounder has been healthy and has performed as well as anyone on Steve Addazio's starting five.

In summary, the tackle position has been a fun one to watch this fall, and along with a pretty experienced Akinola Ogunbiyi also factoring in, the Ags appear to have finally built some quality depth at the position.

On the inside, Bryce Foster is your center and should be as good as any in the SEC.

The Aggie offensive line was a different unit with #61 in the middle last fall and missed him dearly. Foster did miss some time last week and was out for spring ball. He's back in action, and the Ags need him

Sophomore Mark Nabou received important reps at center during the spring, and his versatility offers Steve Addazio a number of interior options.

Still, Foster's absence has given Addazio and Fisher to develop much better depth in the all-important middle, with Mark Nabou getting plenty of work and looking very good. The guard/center from Seattle needs continued work on snaps, but he's more than a capable backup and remains one of the most underrated signings in that record-setting 2022 class. Nabou will provide depth and push to play at any of the three spots in the middle. Remington Strickland is also beginning to look like a guy who could not only provide invaluable center depth but also potentially step in and start a little later in his career.

As expected, the running backs have essentially taken turns showing out.

Veteran Amari Daniels is still very much in the mix, but I will say that I'm hearing the names Le'Veon Moss and Rueben Owens a lot lately. I'm particularly excited to see the five-star freshman in the early going, as he's begun to establish himself as a big-play threat out of the Aggie backfield.

Here's a name at running back folks might not want to sleep on: Colorado State transfer David Bailey.

The 235-pound back caught our eye during the open practice, and I was told the former Boston College starter ripped off a couple of long runs in the first-team scrimmage last Saturday. He brings something different to the backfield stable, which is worth noting when it comes to Fisher and Bobby Petrino looking for someone to wear on a defense with hard yards between the tackles.

Losing Donovan Green for the season at tight end is a crushing blow, as he was a returning starter at the spot and one of the more likable guys in that locker room. Green isn't just good at football, but he also really cares about football, which makes him a real loss.

That said, depth at tight end means that it's a loss that the Aggies should be able to absorb.

The position has seen a few guys miss some time since last spring due to a series of bumps and bruises (including Green prior to the season-ending injury), but there has been some positive buzz coming out of the first two weeks of camp.

Max Wright returns for a sixth season at Texas A&M and is an important piece for the Aggie tight ends, both on and off the gridiron.

Max Wright is returning for year six on campus, and he means a lot more to that huddle than many realize. As far as Wright the player, I think the coaching staff has the most confidence in the veteran when it comes to his knowledge of the offense and his blocking ability. Wright can also make plays in the passing game, even if not as dangerous a weapon as Green.

That's where guys like Jake Johnson and Theo Melin Öhrström come in.

Fisher mentioned Öhrströ snagging around eight passes in Saturday's scrimmage setting, and the 6-foot-5, 260-pound Swede is now likely to be thrown into the mix, ready or not. He's close, and we probably would have seen him work his way into the mix as the season wore on regardless.

As for Jake Johnson, he was turning heads in a big way before suffering a minor injury that cost him a couple of days.

Personally, Jake is the guy I believe has the biggest opportunity in front of him with Donovan out. The second-year tight end was going to play a ton anyway and now has a chance to see his number of reps and targets soar.

When it comes to true freshman Jaden Platt, he's probably the most gifted player at the position in terms of frame and all-around athleticism. Give him some time, and we'll see if he contributes later in the season.

The Ags lost their most proven player at the position, but there is healthy competition for first-team rep distribution at tight end. Time for the next man (or men) to step up.

At receiver, Evan Stewart has been doing Evan Stewart things.

No surprise here, as I'm not sure I've seen a more athletically-gifted player at the position at A&M.

Re-read that. I mean it.

We all know Stewart can make the incredible grab look routine, but his quickness and athletic ability in his routes are simply next-level.

Noah Thomas has continued to impress on the outside, and nothing has changed when it comes to the Aggie coaches and players expecting a breakout season from the 6-foot-5 pass-catcher.

To nobody’s surprise, do-it-all man Ainias Smith is doing it all. “Sub Zero” has seen time at receiver, running back and on special teams throughout fall camp.

How about Ainias Smith? He's healthy and has recently been demonstrating why he should be considered a prime candidate for first-team All-SEC honors at the 'all purpose' spot. In recent practices, “Sub Zero” has gotten some extra work in the backfield, and to no one's surprise, Smith has looked exceptional running the football.

Those three, plus proven playmaker Moose Muhammad, give Dameyune Craig a group that most position coaches around the country would envy...and that's without anyone knowing about “All Dae.”

Jahdae Walker was a largely unheralded portal addition out of Grand Valley State, but the dynamic receiving threat has turned heads and won over coaches and teammates alike with his energy and work ethic since stepping foot on campus. However, where Walker has really stood out is on the field. Standing around 6-foot-4, Walker's combination of size and speed is NFL starter-type stuff, and his work ethic and practice production have been elite since the beginning of fall camp.

No matter how crowded things may seem at wideout, Walker looks like a fall camp standout who will work his way onto the field early and often.

Quick note about something we don't talk about enough around here: Punter Nik Constantinou and kicker Randy Bond have been outstanding through a couple of weeks of camp. I've also heard quite a bit of positive buzz from backup kicker and second-year man Ethan Moczulski.

The Aggies have a chance to be pretty strong on special teams this fall, in the kicking game and with guys like Smith, Muhammad, Bryce Anderson and Moss leading the way in the return game.

Yeah, but are they Florida State 2013-sharp like they were last August?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

I know the reaction here, so let me tell you ahead of time: You're wasting your energy if you turn this into any sort of negative

Hahahahahahaha

It’s absolutely not a bad thing that your QB savior can’t separate himself from Johnson, who’s been a JAG for multiple years. Ever stop to think that maybe Johnson is also a superstar now and that’s why Weigman can’t beat him out!?