Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

1 hour ago, TheRRKid said:

I watched the weekly video they put out for their Alabama game and it had video of players handing out pizzas to students in the ticket line. One of the players casually drops that all his classes are online so he hasn’t been to campus in a while and he thought it was neat to see the passion from the other students who he is rarely around.

This has to be a big selling point for them. Is this not common at other schools? Come here and most if not all your classes will be online. It also shields the players from the weirdo campus.

To be fair, they grew their enrollment so fast they don't have enough classroom space for all of their students. 

On 10/15/2023 at 12:11 AM, Rickylovesweed said:

I don't understand how aggys can possibly think this team is progressing. 

1) They need a completely rebuilt OL. I don't think it's just a coaching problem. They have very little talent on the OL. Foster and Bisontis look like they should be playing at Blinn College. 

2) Their secondary is awful and even worse than they look because they haven't played many great passing offenses. Is Alabama the 2nd best passing offense they've faced? When they lose Demani Richardson after this year, I don't see anything special at all. 

3) When they lose Edgerin Cooper at LB they are going to be so thin and terrible at LB. 

4) It doesn't look like they have anything like an Achane at RB who was making up for a lot of problems on offense. Moss and Owens are decent players but I don't see a game changer at all. 

5) Weigman can't stay healthy and Johnson is who he is at QB. Just meh.

They have some talent and players at WR and DL but damn they have a ton of issues for year 6 of Jimbo. This isn't something you fix with 1 more offseason or recruiting class. 

i wrote a long message and then accidentally closed the tab will try to respond and add a little color here

their OL is so weak and they have no bright spots. playing tackle as a true freshman is really hard. their incoming OL aren't exactly dudes seen as super ready to play and step in day 1. Blake Ivey is the highest rated guy and he's #93 overall.

they need to have everyone take steps forward next year at every single OL position to even get to average. that's a tough one. no dudes shining in spot duty. no one is taking steps forward / developing. just a complete and total lost year at OL for them.

image.png.956b4eddfdcd5dbc51535067451e4fa7.png

the direction they are going to go at OL will be interesting. Addazio was a bad hire, a worse rehire and is going to be let go before the bowl game.

no clue where they go next. Rick Trickett is still out there (imagine the meltdown! he's coaching with RichRod at Jacksonville State now), the OL when Petrino was good at L'Ville and Arkansas is now the OC at Kennesaw State so unlikely to take that step down/back.

so you are in a position where you are unlikely to bring in some fresh new up and comer because he has no input on scheme and should view working for Jimbo/Petrino as a radioactive situation.

LB room is in an even worse place than the OL room

image.png.e18d4c9d665da29ea2d0de2183085320.png

they are going to be starting Luck Brockermeyer level players at LB next year. they will try to get dudes in the portal but there is always going to be a ton of competition in the portal and DJ Durkin as your LB coach doesn't really inspire confidence. they better hope Taurean York doesn't take a step back at all or their LB room will be one of the worst in the SEC if it already isn't.

their LB commits right now are Tristian Jernigan (#14 in Mississippi his  UOVs have been to FSU, Auburn and A&M), Tyanthony Smith who is good but who 247 is super low on (#102 in Texas vs rivals and on3 who have him as a top 250ish player in the country) and Jordan Lockhart who also seems like a good get but is #400 in the 247 composite but is from St John Bosco and has taken 6 visits to USC as a recruit.

A&M appears to have entered the Jimbo at FSU death spin and will need some HUGE help to make it out of it at OL specifically.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Brauninger

20231016_123727.jpg

20231016_123733.jpg

This is more confirmation of what's circulating out there. I always find the notion of a big exodus, from anywhere really, to be absurd and generally dismissible. I know it happens, but how many times have we thought or heard that ATM's roster and/or recruiting class was on the brink of catastrophe? I'm here for it if it happens, though.

• Hook 'Em 7

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is more confirmation of what's circulating out there. I always find the notion of a big exodus, from anywhere really, to be absurd and generally dismissible. I know it happens, but how many times have we thought or heard that ATM's roster and/or recruiting class was on the brink of catastrophe? I'm here for it if it happens, though.

So here is an interesting question. With the new portal window limits to be 30 days after the season is over, does A&M do some shady shit and wait until after that portal window to fire Jimbo should he continue on his current trajectory? That way Jimbo can still sell the upcoming class, then keep the existing guys from transfer, only to close the mousetrap on them and force them to go through spring ball with a new coach. 

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Really just want Weston Davis to look around. He's their best OT recruit in a while, and would be a big loss for them IMO. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

In for a penny, in for a pound. I just don’t see them ever backing off financially and waving the white flag of defeat.  Even if it’s the smart thing, when do they do the smart thing?  But can their situation ever become dysfunctional enough that they’ll get rejected anyway?

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If Jimbo tumbles down to 7-5 or worse, I'm saying all bets are off on their class. 

KFord rankings ROY have them projected to be 11 point favs vs South Carolina, 15 vs Miss State, and 36 vs ACU.

Project them to be 5 point dogs @Ole Miss and 4.5 @LSU (this is going to go up if LSU keeps wrecking teams on offense)

that would put them squarely at that 7-5 record + the bowl.

reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllly interested to see what happens with that shit sandwich of a soap opera. idk how they keep all of their coaches at this point. an offensive grouping of Petrino, James Coley, Steve Addazio, Marquel Blackwell and Dameyune Craig has some stinkers on it and if Blackwell jets out after 1 year you know there are huge issues there.

8 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

So here is an interesting question. With the new portal window limits to be 30 days after the season is over, does A&M do some shady shit and wait until after that portal window to fire Jimbo should he continue on his current trajectory? That way Jimbo can still sell the upcoming class, then keep the existing guys from transfer, only to close the mousetrap on them and force them to go through spring ball with a new coach. 

They are not going to do that - but even if they did the NCAA now allows players to portal out if a Head Coach is fired.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

i know that the portal opened up for MSU players once they fired Tucker but not sure if that's only during the season or not.

here are the transfer upcoming windows:

image.png.5d9aed38f5c82a90610bcb3fa89c3567.png

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

In for a penny, in for a pound. I just don’t see them ever backing off financially and waving the white flag of defeat.  Even if it’s the smart thing, when do they do the smart thing?  But can their situation ever become dysfunctional enough that they’ll get rejected anyway?

The money has already pulled back in the last cycle, so there's clear precedent. Also, some of the aggies involved with this stuff are self-made and pretty fucking bright, so the old saw of "when does aggie do the smart thing?" doesn't have my buy-in on this one. 

Yep, they need the big money guys on board.  They can’t get the typical NW Houston State Farm insurance salesman or the local Nail Gun distributor to pony up-  not enough juice there.  They need the private equity guys on board and those guys usually aren’t dumb.

28 minutes ago, NoName said:

KFord rankings ROY have them projected to be 11 point favs vs South Carolina, 15 vs Miss State, and 36 vs ACU.

Project them to be 5 point dogs @Ole Miss and 4.5 @LSU (this is going to go up if LSU keeps wrecking teams on offense)

that would put them squarely at that 7-5 record + the bowl.

reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllly interested to see what happens with that shit sandwich of a soap opera. idk how they keep all of their coaches at this point. an offensive grouping of Petrino, James Coley, Steve Addazio, Marquel Blackwell and Dameyune Craig has some stinkers on it and if Blackwell jets out after 1 year you know there are huge issues there.

If good Spencer Rattler shows up vs a&m then 11 points is way too much & SCAR may win outright. Of course, if normal Spencer Rattler shows up then 11 isn't near enough & a&m may go crazy & hang 30 on them.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Not in the least bit surprising.

IMG_5094.png

They're so unified politically over there that they don't even consider writing anything like "No CR!" There are increasing references to Biden, the MSM, and other right wing talking points as though no one could possibly disagree.

It's the same way they're so confident in the virtue of their traditions, their sparkling honor, and the overall greatness that is A&M. They're the guys that talk politics loudly in a room assuming all must agree. They're the guys that yell "Whoop!" at a funeral. 

They are the personification of unjustified confidence.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, hook me said:

If good Spencer Rattler shows up vs a&m then 11 points is way too much & SCAR may win outright. Of course, if normal Spencer Rattler shows up then 11 isn't near enough & a&m may go crazy & hang 30 on them.

Someone clearly hasn’t paid attention to Rattler this year. He’s completing 74% of his passes at 8.9 Y/A with one of the worst OLs in all of P5. He’s playing at an extremely high level every single week. Normal Spencer Rattler is a great QB this year. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The money has already pulled back in the last cycle, so there's clear precedent. Also, some of the aggies involved with this stuff are self-made and pretty fucking bright, so the old saw of "when does aggie do the smart thing?" doesn't have my buy-in on this one. 

Ok noted, and taken in. 

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

To add something futher to CTJ's posts on the subject, I understand where you're coming from in regards to them never waving the white flag of defeat on things. But at the same time, human nature is a real thing, and their boosters aren't a monoloth of thinking at all times. What I mean by this, is that the decision for even big boosters, much less medium ones, can be dependant on timing and circumstance. "Oh, I just dropped 500k on aTm NIL last year, and now you're asking me to pass the hat for another year, and a contract buyout?" Even people with what seems like unlimited means can balk at just writing check after check, year after year. Even if they'll come back around at a later date, that doesn't mean they won't take off years/rounds/hires if they've given plenty and seen little return. And much as we've seen with our own football team, returns are less when the performance on the field sucks fucking balls, and the coaches are assholes. You might be able to motivate money to get a guy you hate out, or even support a guy you like, but the hardest sell has to be cutting checks for a coach no one beleives in and has wasted all of your money and good wil to date.

And that's without taking into account that any of their business holdings could fluctuate year to year, as well, which could make cutting checks difficult. "Yeah, well, I had 10% of my portfolio in Disney. Whoops."

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

I wonder if the next coach's agent will use Jimbo's contract as precedent and expect similar and ridiculous long-term high-dollar guarantees. "We know what the job pays. We expect the same thing."

Every coach seems to be repped by sexton, so it will be worse than that. “If you want better results, you will have to pay better.”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Sturm is alright on most subjects but he's unbearable when it comes to the aggys. It's beautiful watching him now calling for Jimbo's head when he was in full Texags mode about that hire. 

When did his kid start at aggy? Last year? That's when he went all-in with aggy. I don't believe he had a dog in the hunt when Fisher was hired six seasons ago.

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Someone clearly hasn’t paid attention to Rattler this year. He’s completing 74% of his passes at 8.9 Y/A with one of the worst OLs in all of P5. He’s playing at an extremely high level every single week. Normal Spencer Rattler is a great QB this year. 

Yup, Rattler and Legette is the best passing duo A&M has faced all year. 

Now South Carolina sucks outside of that but Rattler has been really good this year. 

1 hour ago, Vermin said:

image.thumb.png.31ef9a20e23267bf1765d06ac0f23ff7.png

I’d bet Miller and Reliford flipping and Bussey sticking. 

Bussey’s learning curve is going to rough. Extreme jump in competition, toxic locker room, he’ll be learning a new position, and he’ll be forced into action right away. He’s a smart kid, and I think he can do it, but it won’t be pretty as a freshman. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

25 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

aggys are taking things well on SECRant. 

https://www.secrant.com/rant/texas-a-m-sports/texas-fighting-ags-football-thread--next-bye/109072078/page-24/

Hide contents

I’m done with Aggie football until we hire a new coach. I can’t even stand looking at Jimbo’s stupid facial expressions and his dumbass kids on the sidelines wearing 8 chains, earrings, and just overall looking like complete and utter morons.

When his wife cheated on him with a football player I knew immediately he was a cuck and we shouldn’t hire him. Any man that can’t keep his own house in order isn’t fit to lead boys into men. It shows he both has terrible judgment and he is a weak, limp dick.

I can’t think of one great coach whose wife was out turning tricks on the weekend and whose kids look like they got dressed by Elton John.

That is some good shit. Oh man. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

aggys are taking things well on SECRant. 

https://www.secrant.com/rant/texas-a-m-sports/texas-fighting-ags-football-thread--next-bye/109072078/page-24/

Hide contents

I’m done with Aggie football until we hire a new coach. I can’t even stand looking at Jimbo’s stupid facial expressions and his dumbass kids on the sidelines wearing 8 chains, earrings, and just overall looking like complete and utter morons.

When his wife cheated on him with a football player I knew immediately he was a cuck and we shouldn’t hire him. Any man that can’t keep his own house in order isn’t fit to lead boys into men. It shows he both has terrible judgment and he is a weak, limp dick.

I can’t think of one great coach whose wife was out turning tricks on the weekend and whose kids look like they got dressed by Elton John.

All the young ags love Courtney
Tender young Courtney they say
Come over and see me
Come over and please me
Courtney it's my turn today