Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

Also they're currently 6-1 in dream world where Weigman doesn't get hurt, so just need minor improvement next year. 

I remember their dream world where they were 2-0 if Weigman didn't play against Miami.

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

44 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Good point. A new OL coach, any new OL coach, and they are going to fucking crush people in 2024! Right.

If that program finishes 8-5, 7-6, 6-7, or 5-7, it's going to have an old man stench to it that cannot be washed off. Even going the moneywhipping route, and then taking a big leap of faith and hypothetically saying Fisher knows what he's doing with an OL coach hire (there is no history I can find that hints at this), what competent, up and coming OL coach is going to risk their career and go there? It's almost certain that, if Fisher actually did cut Adazzio loose, he'd just be hiring another retread in his stead. It's delicious.

Regarding the 6-1 stuff, it isn't football season unless aggies are sprinting around and telling anyone who will listen about all of the hypothetical victories they have in various alternate universes. I've had multiple false records tossed at me as well lately, as well as the usual "we'd be 10-0 since 2012 against you guys" drivel. No one has won more games they never played than Texas A&M. Those motherfuckers own the false season.

Important to remember, they'd be undefeated in the BDF this year you stupid fuckin sip! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Regarding the 6-1 stuff, it isn't football season unless aggies are sprinting around and telling anyone who will listen about all of the hypothetical victories they have in various alternate universes. I've had multiple false records tossed at me as well lately, as well as the usual "we'd be 10-0 since 2012 against you guys" drivel. No one has won more games they never played than Texas A&M. Those motherfuckers own the false season.

Well, that's their whole schtick, isn't it? They've never actually lost--they just run out of time.

Texas A&M: From the outside looking in, you wouldn't waste a second trying to actually understand something so obviously fucked up; from the inside looking out, you're just a mouth-breathing, delusional freak. 

Like I posted earlier in the thread, going 7-5 with that schedule is an absolute joke. They were gifted 7 wins this year based on shitty opponents. If they somehow lose to South Carolina or Mississippi State my god they are terrible. 

If aggy had South Carolina's schedule this year they would also be 2-5 or maybe 3-4. 

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Like I posted earlier in the thread, going 7-5 with that schedule is an absolute joke. They were gifted 7 wins this year based on shitty opponents. If they somehow lose to South Carolina or Mississippi State my god they are terrible. 

If aggy had South Carolina's schedule this year they would also be 2-5 or maybe 3-4. 

@satyanash would like a word with you...In private...NOW!

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It sounds like Legette is still injured for South Carolina and may not play on Saturday. 

So any slight hope of South Carolina winning this game is completely out the window if Legette doesn't play. Damn, if I knew Legette was definitely not playing A&M -14 would be enticing to slam. 

it's aggy. Never count the other team out. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

If they get rid of Addazio, the rollercoaster starts ticking. Work aggies have been (somewhat rightfully) laying an enormous amount of blame on him while crowing that the greatest recruiting class in history + the best QB in the SEC will be upperclassmen when we join next year. Also they're currently 6-1 in dream world where Weigman doesn't get hurt, so just need minor improvement next year. 

shocking that a head coach with a history of holding on to OL coaches and having his team fall apart around that then follows the same blueprint to a T.

them bringing Addazio back after last year was beyond shocking. bad hire, worse rehire.

yea, just take the under and profit. it did drop from 53.5 to 52.5 though.

I still think 7.5 wins sounds about right. That was -184 to begin the year on my book. The loss to Miami likely makes it a 7-5 year.  I think that likely means one of Coleman or Bussey leaves the class, probably an OL, and maybe another LB or S. #15 class or so when its over. 

Losing an OL and a LB is disaster for their roster though, they really needed a big class at both positions. Now they're going to be desperately portal hunting in a year with a questionable future of the coaching staff and desire from the wallets to throw in for NIL.  I'm here for it.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Has anyone ever heard an aggy say they think they’d lose any hypothetical matchup?

We can tell somebody never went to Fish Camp, Mr. Crankypants!

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If Addazio is indeed fired, Rick Trickett is rested and ready, currently coaching OL at Jacksonville State.

"Rick, this is your old buddy Jimbo. I'd like you to grab a bag and jump on the next plane to Dallas so you can drive to College Station. These rubes have guaranteed you $10 MM. We're getting the band back together, Baby! Rick...? Rick...?"

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

17 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

SEC strength of schedule has always been such bullshit. Just look at these teams aggy has to beat in order to win 7 games this year. 

New Mexico 3-4

ULM 2-5

Auburn 3-4

Arkansas 2-6

South Carolina 2-5

Miss State 4-3

Abilene Christian FCS 

GO ACC, GO ACC, GO ACC...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Good point. A new OL coach, any new OL coach, and they are going to fucking crush people in 2024! Right.

If that program finishes 8-5, 7-6, 6-7, or 5-7, it's going to have an old man stench to it that cannot be washed off. Even going the moneywhipping route, and then taking a big leap of faith and hypothetically saying Fisher knows what he's doing with an OL coach hire (there is no history I can find that hints at this), what competent, up and coming OL coach is going to risk their career and go there? It's almost certain that, if Fisher actually did cut Adazzio loose, he'd just be hiring another retread in his stead. It's delicious.

I do believe you’ve found a future thread title with this nugget of gold here.  😂 

15 minutes ago, Deej said:

Two words. App State

Man, losing to South Carolina without Legette would be a fireable offense by itself. 

South Carolina only has a couple good players and Legette is by far their best player. If not for his 200 receiving yards against Mississippi State they would be 1-6 this year. This is a 2 or 3 win team without Legette. 

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Man, losing to South Carolina without Legette would be a fireable offense by itself. 

South Carolina only has a couple good players and Legette is by far their best player. If not for his 200 receiving yards against Mississippi State they would be 1-6 this year. This is a 2 or 3 win team without Legette. 

I wouldn't trust where aggy head is at at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It sounds like Legette is still injured for South Carolina and may not play on Saturday. 

So any slight hope of South Carolina winning this game is completely out the window if Legette doesn't play. Damn, if I knew Legette was definitely not playing A&M -14 would be enticing to slam. 

Saw this on his Draftkings card:

10/27/2023 7:32:12 PM EST

UPDATE: Legette (upper body) is expected to play Saturday at Texas A&M, Matt Zenitz of On3.com reports.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Liucci is a thin-skinned oaf who wants to fight everyone that clowns him.   

I look forward to the day that Billy challenges someone to a fight in the TexAgs parking lot and they actually take him up on the offer. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7-5 seems about the sweet spot.  Enough improvement, especially sans their starting QB, that there won't be enough willpower to remove him for that kind of money.  If their season completely craters and they lose their recruiting class, they might convince a few mega donors to bite the bullet. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RabidM said:

7-5 seems about the sweet spot.  Enough improvement, especially sans their starting QB, that there won't be enough willpower to remove him for that kind of money.  If their season completely craters and they lose their recruiting class, they might convince a few mega donors to bite the bullet. 

7-5 with M-John would have been 11-1 with C-Wig.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Radical Larry said:
10 hours ago, Sejjr said:
I look forward to the day that Billy challenges someone to a fight in the TexAgs parking lot and they actually take him up on the offer. 

Yup, one day he's going to FAFO with the wrong SOB. Grown ass man acting like a Jr. High kid. ???

Can't be married and I guarantee he's still a virgin.

Adam Sandler Laughing GIF

• Hook 'Em 1