Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

11 hours ago, Vertigo said:

A&M is a good job, even with all of their weird shit that they do. It will never be a great job until there is a wholesale purging of the top leadership in the university because their buffoonery will continue to shoot the football program in the foot. They are constantly trying to shortcut and brute force their way to success, and that is not how quality programs are built. 

I’m not sure Saban could turn A&M around…..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Definitely sounds like Max Johnson is out. 

The spreads dropped about 1.5 points across the board earlier today at the same time. Either a syndicate was hitting the books at the same time due to betting limits going up, or the books got word that Max is out, and previously had a "split the baby line" (a typical QB line move is 3 points, give or take)

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

Addazio did not exactly sign an extension. He signed a new one-year contract on Sept. 26, 2023. The new agreement will expire on Jan. 31, 2024 and does not show any changes to his previous annual base salary of $500,000. Last September, Addazio signed a one-year contract with A&M that expired on Feb. 1, 2023. 

Someone explain this to me like I'm 5.

So he signed a contract last Sep (Sep 2022) that expired Feb 1, 2023 (9 months ago). He signs a new contract on Sep 26, 2023 that expires Jan 31, 2024.

So from Feb 1 - Sep 26, 2023, he worked without a contract?

He signs a "1 year contract" that only lasts 4 months (Sep - Jan)?

Am I reading this right or am I missing something really obvious?

1 hour ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Someone explain this to me like I'm 5.

So he signed a contract last Sep (Sep 2022) that expired Feb 1, 2023 (9 months ago). He signs a new contract on Sep 26, 2023 that expires Jan 31, 2024.

So from Feb 1 - Sep 26, 2023, he worked without a contract?

He signs a "1 year contract" that only lasts 4 months (Sep - Jan)?

Am I reading this right or am I missing something really obvious?

It looks like you got it right.

He's so bad that he coached for "free" for over 7 1/2 months... but really his $28,767 signing bonus was backpay for 7 1/2 months of work, or just under US$4K/month.

He was rewarded for his devotion with a $500,000 for 4 month-ish tour of doody.

The Addazio contract is a nothingburger.  Do not want to defend the Ags, but it is basically papering up his contract for this season and in no way impedes them getting rid of him cheaply after the season.  He is clearly done.  Liucci is the canary in the coal mine with Ag coaches.  And he has all but said expect staff changes.  Got to think Addazio is going to be one of the ones gone.

Fat Hamm 

I spoke at length last night with Jasper LB and Texas A&M commit Tyanthony Smith after he turned in a 14 tackle performance in a playoff win over Columbia which included 3 tackles for loss as well as an interception. He's had an outstanding last 3-4 weeks in terms of his production.

Anyway, my audio was giving me all kinds of issues due to the massive amount of rain water my phone took on throughout the course of the game while shooting highlights. Regardless, I did stay after a chat with him for about 10 minutes to get a feel for where he's at with recruiting and the status of his commitment. Here are some key takeaways from our conversation.

- First off, Tyanthony has grown. He's gotten noticeably taller and longer. He's going to hold 225-230 pounds without a problem, and I could see a scenario where he gets even a little north of that. It's a very intriguing frame for a college strength coach.

- As I've been saying, Taurean York is playing a large role for Texas A&M. Tyanthony admires his work ethic, mentality, and talked a lot about how Taurean's mindset as a freshman was something he would like to emulate. Tyanthony views Taurean as a mentor and an example.

- Another key cog in this recruitment for Texas A&M is DJ Durkin. I said this a bunch over the spring and summer when A&M began to surge for Tyanthony, but Durkin did yeoman's work in taking the Aggies from the back of the pack to firmly in the front. The overall play of the defense this season, specifically the development of the linebacking corps, has been important, as well.

- Smith told me he's locked in with Texas A&M right now. He and the Jasper staff did confirm that Texas had begun making a push, but it's currently inconsequential.

- There was a ton of speculation about his commitment wavering when fellow southeast Texas natives Drelon Miller and Weston Davis both left the A&M class. After talking with him, it's evident that he was not a fan of that hearsay. While he acknowledged his both Miller and Davis, Smith was adamant that he made his decision for his own reasons and those reasons stood alone far beyond the influence of his peers.

- I don't get the idea that there would be any other threat to A&M currently outside of the Longhorns (who he still didn't give too much credence to). We spoke very briefly about LSU, but Smith was quick to shoot down any thought of them being in contention.

- Kyle Field and the 12th Man did what they typically do on visits. He mentioned their impact on not only games but also the visit experience
  • Rage+1 2

My biggest takeaway from the A&M contract release is Petrino didn't even have enough leverage to sign a multi-year contract (and is instead working under a "LOI").  I guess in theory maybe that LOI includes protection beyond this year but that's pretty funny that relationship was so tenuous from the beginning.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Fud said:

The spreads dropped about 1.5 points across the board earlier today at the same time. Either a syndicate was hitting the books at the same time due to betting limits going up, or the books got word that Max is out, and previously had a "split the baby line" (a typical QB line move is 3 points, give or take)

generally betting on anything surrounding your own team ends poorly as there is far too much overthinking going on . . . but i'm not sure the reasonable argument for these two teams getting to 43 combined points. or perhaps 23. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/10/2023 at 7:36 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

Of course their rock fight is the same time as the Texas game. Here’s a hint ESPN: Texas fans watch all of the aggy games, and aggy watches all of the Texas games. If you want a better number, don’t put us on the schedule at the same time. 

I only watch when there's a chance they lose...well yeah basically all of them

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/10/2023 at 7:36 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

Of course their rock fight is the same time as the Texas game. Here’s a hint ESPN: Texas fans watch all of the aggy games, and aggy watches all of the Texas games. If you want a better number, don’t put us on the schedule at the same time. 

Have you tried just speaking english

48 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Yes, since Ohio St is ranked #1 in football, it carries over to basketball. Huge win. Program changing.

Just a reminder that Ohio State went 16-19 in basketball last year and didn't make the tournament. They aren't very good. 

They're currently #51 in Kenpom and probably aren't even that good. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed