Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

This is truly amazing.  Only aggy could make a bad situation this much worse.  They have somehow managed to make this job less attractive to any potential candidate and given each candidate more leverage to bend them over in order to take the job.   That or they get stuck with a DL coach (who even somehow manages to have leverage at this point apparently holding the keys to the roster).   And the best part is they paid $76MM to get into this shitty situation. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

I completely underestimated the sheer arrogance of these Aggie leaders and how deeply tinted those maroon-colored glasses are.  Surely they couldn’t fire their head coach mid season without a plan and multiple contingencies in place?  

But it looks like they and whatever milquetoast media mouthpieces they fawn over legitimately believed that the head coaches of Oregon, Clemson, and Ohio State would see the majesty, wonder and potential of Aggieland and come running.  

And the best part of this Stoops debacle is that now they can’t hide their ineptitude from the world.  They can’t pick themselves up from the pavement after falling flat on their face to say “oh yeah we meant to do that from the start and we’re not looking back.”  I woke up to texts from non-UT friends outside of Texas laughing their ass off.  What a time to be alive 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Pate’s title sponsor is Academy. Academy sells a lot of aggy merch. I believe he’s addressed it before in Twitter/X replies. He claims Academy doesn’t influence his opinions. 

He obviously doesn't let history influence them either.

• Hook 'Em 1

Will y’all stop looking for some sort of Maroon Media Conspiracy, there isn’t one. A&M is the college football equivalent of a hot chick with a smoking body and all of daddy’s money but is also a complete psycho. The national media is the random dudes at the bar that she flirts with to get attention but anyone who grew up with her or dated her knows that she can only hide the crazy for so long.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Will y’all stop looking for some sort of Maroon Media Conspiracy, there isn’t one. A&M is the college football equivalent of a hot chick with a smoking body and all of daddy’s money but is also a complete psycho. The national media is the random dudes at the bar that she flirts with to get attention but anyone who grew up with her or dated her knows that she can only hide the crazy for so long.

You forgot with serious daddy(UT)’s issues 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Nothing. I think academy was owned by Aggies but it sold to a global investment firm in the 2010s. Someone else can correct me if they know differently 

Most definitely not aggie. Was a family business but the person in the family must responsible for their growth before they sold it went to UT law. Not sure about his undergrad but he's an awesome dude. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Most definitely not aggie. Was a family business but the person in the family must responsible for their growth before they sold it went to UT law. Not sure about his undergrad but he's an awesome dude. 

Gotchman or something right? I thought they gave some money to Aggie equestrian. Right away agree it’s all a nothingburger. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Pate’s title sponsor is Academy. Academy sells a lot of aggy merch. I believe he’s addressed it before in Twitter/X replies. He claims Academy doesn’t influence his opinions. 

Pate has become friends with Looch and share the Academy sponsorship, does not want the feaux-boycott. He believed the stupid things fed to him by aggy about how they're the best's, now i'm sure he'll pivot with the memory of an all-pro corner.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:

• Haha 3

This guy ... this guy delivers.  

Please do as he suggests, Aggies.

image.thumb.png.f07ef754da8365059445409365a0b8f0.png

But Gary is busy!  Does he have the time??

image.thumb.png.a0d05035a6f3a9a7ae864d4cdd019eb2.png

image.thumb.png.b113a99c0456deb71167d7f7506da3ed.png

This cracked me up ... 

image.thumb.png.db05a180eb6948e73497147a69e8d4c3.png

Whoa!  Look who's the head coach of the Wroclaw Panthers!  

Yep, the ex Aggie OL coach ... 

image.png.bb4ac4f78eb061daca5299490587d868.png

and ... 

image.png.11144e9a808f0265e12d9c652d6e85a7.png

Related to someone we know?  🤷‍♂️  🤷‍♂️  🤷‍♂️ 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

If the AD is now a dead man walking, and I can certainly buy that, what coach in their right mind would take that job until there’s a new AD in place? No one in a position of strength is doing that. No agent would give the advice to take that gig with that issues hanging out there. 

Unless you get $50m guaranteed.

2 hours ago, Professor Chesney said:

I completely underestimated the sheer arrogance of these Aggie leaders and how deeply tinted those maroon-colored glasses are.  Surely they couldn’t fire their head coach mid season without a plan and multiple contingencies in place?  

But it looks like they and whatever milquetoast media mouthpieces they fawn over legitimately believed that the head coaches of Oregon, Clemson, and Ohio State would see the majesty, wonder and potential of Aggieland and come running.  

I think this is exactly it. Their AD laid down the law that A&M is not an 8-4 school but all about championships.

We got the facilities and the backing. And it's A and fucking M, the waking giant you're all afraid of! If you beg hard enough, you just might be lucking enough to get an incentive based contract where you'll have to prove you can take us to the championships that have always been our destiny! Only sitting natty coaches or those commenting on college football need apply.

Just a stunning misjudgment about who they are on the football terrain. From the first premise about who they are not, it's a display of grandeur delusion never seen outside of an institution.

As you say, such majesty, wonder, and potential awaiting the lucky premiere coach.

Their recent fame is falling from top 6 to non-bowl eligible last year, having their idiotic contract extension to an already idiotic contract generate scorn and disgrace for them, and now breaking up with the wife they committed to and thinking the future was filled with movie-stars, models, and the young and nubile.

Just a few years ago, they got slapped down from their imagined importance when the SEC brought OU and us into the league. Lesson not learned.

Fucking idiots.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Nothing. I think academy was owned by Aggies but it sold to a global investment firm in the 2010s. Someone else can correct me if they know differently 

It was owned by a family whose kid went to Kinkaid (the red haired one who was in the commercials). The family last name was Gochman and the kid, David, became the owner before selling it to a private equity firm in 2011. David went to Brown, Harvard and then UT Law. His the dad went to Trinity and then UT law school and they were Jewish.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, victory88 said:

What has Elijah Robinson done to show he can run a program and recruit against Texas, Bama, LSU, OU for the elite regional talent.  What coaches are going to come work for him.   Dude is going to flame out big time at aggy.

He beat ACU and let the players pick their uniform combinations for that game.    That’s what Looch said after that spectacular victory.  

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Were Jewish?

Yeah Gochman is a Jewish last name. David's grandad was from NY and then settled in San Antonio. I mentioned it mainly because there was obviously no aggie connection. They did have a connection to UT Law, though.

27 minutes ago, Bevo said:

It was owned by a family whose kid went to Kinkaid (the red haired one who was in the commercials). The family last name was Gochman and the kid, David, became the owner before selling it to a private equity firm in 2011. David went to Brown, Harvard and then UT Law. His the dad went to Trinity and then UT law school and they were Jewish.

9 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Yeah Gochman is a Jewish last name. David's grandad was from NY and then settled in San Antonio. I mentioned it mainly because there was obviously no aggie connection. They did have a connection to UT Law, though.

You see the name “Gochman” and you’re thinking: Slim possibility that the “Goch” is Gaelic in origin, but doubtful… probably a landsman. These are “merchants” after all.

Then you mention the kid’s name is “David”.

Case closed.

The family asks 4 questions every (Northern Hemisphere) spring and lights candles at the end of every fall.

Then you state the obvious. 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

All this bullshit to circle back to the coach everyone knew they were going to hire. 

A masterclass in fucking up, negotiating against yourself, being turned down by a bunch of options publicly and privately, angering the most influential agent in the sport, getting your players to back an in house option only to hack them off, piss off important boosters and ending up with your fifth choice who publicly turned you down.

aka the Texas A&M special.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1