Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

Green beans are fucking disgusting.

And I don't understand why we're discussing vegetables of all things when there is a glorious, once-in-a-decade aggie implosion going on. I don't think I have had this much satisfaction since 77-0 and TorbushWow.gif. Seriously, these fucksticks are on such a nosedive since inking that 2002 class it's amazing. They went from being on top of the world, swinging their little dicks around laughing at Sark losing to everyone, signing a world-beating class ... to becoming the laughingstock of the college football world. Can we just enjoy the journey to Junction?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

"Hatch Chiles" were invented by a marketing professional for the sole purpose of making them more exclusive, and therefore, profitable. They are an Anaheim pepper that are available year round at your grocery store.

That's like saying Tequila and Mezcal are the same.  Hatch as a type/brand/region/whatever are definitely different from Anaheim.  You can tell them apart by color, heat, flavor, you name it.... damn all this hatch talk has me wanting a Blake's Green Chile cheeseburger right now....

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

That's like saying Tequila and Mezcal are the same.  Hatch as a type/brand/region/whatever are definitely different from Anaheim.  You can tell them apart by color, heat, flavor, you name it.... damn all this hatch talk has me wanting a Blake's Green Chile cheeseburger right now....

I miss Blake's. And a Dions pizza with green. 

Anyone that thinks hatch is generic chile with a brand name stamped on it has never had a carne adovada with egg on top. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 3

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Spoke with an aggy buddy of mine who stated. "Elko is getting us back to basics. No more flash and style, just substance and smashmouth football." Of course, I responded, "What exactly about Jimbo's tenure screamed flash and style." During the same conversation he mentioned that he wouldn't be surprised if Elko moved fall camp to Junction, TX like Bear Bryant...the conversation ended there as I was far too busy laughing.

I have never in my life wanted anything more than to see these gomers pound their little dicks about the Junction Boys. Just tremendous content

This is absolutely made up bullshit. This is as fake as the helpful aggie fan fiction, this did not happen. 

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

I don't think the whole Sexton thing Liucci is talking about is that uncommon but also don't think it's the way Liucci is framing it (i.e., Jimbo was that lazy).  No coach is just letting Sexton make hires.  But I think if a coach is potentially looking to make a move up or out, that word gets to Sexton who then feeds it to HC's needing to make hires.  I think this is moreso at the coordinator level where Sexton can act as a conduit. Particularly when he is almost inevitably repping both sides.

I like the concept that Jimmy Sexton reps the guys who are the fucking analysts in the talent department. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Anyone that thinks hatch is generic chile with a brand name stamped on it has never had a carne adovada with egg on top. 

Both of you deserve more rep than I’ll ever have; and seeing as I’ll be back in NM next weekend, Blake’s is definitely on the list!

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

We would immediately become sworn enemies.

Listen, I have sent "haricots verts" and the dish they were a part of back to the chef at a 3 star Michelin restaurant in Paris. He literally called me "le vilain Americain" and I did not give one shit. They ruin the taste of the entre dish. Sometimes when we would trend towards having to skip a meal before payday when I was growing up, my mother's last gasp to put something on the table would be old cans of vegetables. Cafeteria corn and green beans were usually what was left. Nope, I'll wait until groceries come in, thank you. Also, fuck people who bring green bean casseroles to potlucks during the holidays. I cannot imagine what that horrific monstrosity must taste like.

The wife will be making one for our church gathering tomorrow. She'll be expecting your arrival afterwards. 

3 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

Green beans are fucking disgusting.

And I don't understand why we're discussing vegetables of all things when there is a glorious, once-in-a-decade aggie implosion going on. I don't think I have had this much satisfaction since 77-0 and TorbushWow.gif. Seriously, these fucksticks are on such a nosedive since inking that 2002 class it's amazing. They went from being on top of the world, swinging their little dicks around laughing at Sark losing to everyone, signing a world-beating class ... to becoming the laughingstock of the college football world. Can we just enjoy the journey to Junction?

Maybe we can just agree that Aggie is the green bean of college football: utterly common, inexplicably nostalgic to older people, and ultimately failing to deliver a satisfactory experience to those partaking of them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Found a post I remembered seeing on Aggie 247, on the Florida State DC. 

It had the unique combination of delusion, arrogance and laughable lack of self awareness that only the Aggies could concoct.

(This was the day after the CFP teams were announced.)

image.thumb.png.503de2a1092bb199260583e04bc67d2a.png

image.thumb.png.e664445ba07c7aee637062f0c73687ac.png

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, NoName said:

yup.

i thought the modern take was that Hatch Chiles at one point were like Pecos Cantaloupes where differences in taste is attributed to the soil makeup and weather where they are grown vs them being a genetically divergent species.

granted, this was probably before the Hatch-ification of everything by said marketing professional.

Hatch chile is a trade name for one variety of green chile. Hatch, NM is the town in NM around which significant quantities of green chile are grown and processed. NM chile is not simply Anaheim peppers, and varies greatly by region of NM in which it’s grown  I’m partial to Chimayó chile.

https://www.newmexicomagazine.org/blog/post/the-ultimate-guide-to-new-mexico-chile/

https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/chili-pepper-types/sweet-mild-chili-peppers/hatch-chili-peppers/

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Was in Co Springs over thanksgiving.  There’s a Dion’s there now. Awesome. Their green chile ranch is awesome with a sausage, mushroom and green chile pizza. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, nnm said:

Hatch chile is a trade name for one variety of green chile. Hatch, NM is the town in NM around which significant quantities of green chile are grown and processed. NM chile is not simply Anaheim peppers, and varies greatly by region of NM in which it’s grown  I’m partial to Chimayó chile.

https://www.newmexicomagazine.org/blog/post/the-ultimate-guide-to-new-mexico-chile/

https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/chili-pepper-types/sweet-mild-chili-peppers/hatch-chili-peppers/

you muthafuckas make this way to hard!  good job!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I went to a Golden Corral once when I was in high school. My buddies wanted to hit the breakfast buffet after a Saturday morning practice. I didn't have a car, so I went with the buddy who was giving me a ride home. We get sat and they all run off. I decided I was going to get some eggs and bacon, I guess. Grab a plate, walk over to the buffet, go to the scrambled eggs. There's a fucking green bean sitting right in the middle of the eggs. Green beans are the most disgusting food on the planet. I put my plate back, walked out of that shithole, and then walked home. Never again. 

Just put that green bean in the sanitary high-quality chocolate fountain, and your world will change!

spacer.png

You know where you'll find me!

spacer.png

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Man I’m going to miss Jimbo. Elk is going to be shitty and boring like Franchione/Sherman. When Elk is fucked in year 3 he’s not going to go out and hire the suicide squad of disgraced coaches like Jimbo. 

The Elk wishes he was Sherman. 

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I went to a Golden Corral once when I was in high school. My buddies wanted to hit the breakfast buffet after a Saturday morning practice. I didn't have a car, so I went with the buddy who was giving me a ride home. We get sat and they all run off. I decided I was going to get some eggs and bacon, I guess. Grab a plate, walk over to the buffet, go to the scrambled eggs. There's a fucking green bean sitting right in the middle of the eggs. Green beans are the most disgusting food on the planet. I put my plate back, walked out of that shithole, and then walked home. Never again. 

Liar. You were a teenaged boy, also known as a vacuum cleaner. You demolished that buffet.