Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

Imagine lighting 80million on fire to hire fucking Mike Elko and Colin Klien...I cannot wait for the DC hire

It’s worse than that. 80million is this year and moving forward. If you look at their 100 year decision, to date, it’s more like 3/4billion! SECx3 move, renovation of stadium (NRG was $450M), and The Hall of Champions!

040411162b5115c82826677e51d35c96.gif
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, General Specific said:

It’s worse than that. 80million is this year and moving forward. If you look at their 100 year decision, to date, it’s more like 3/4billion! SECx3 move, renovation of stadium (NRG was $450M), and The Hall of Champions!

The Hall of Champions is my personal favorite. Although it really should have Jimbo's national championship plaque enshrined with the date now forever blank.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

They have a roster full of guys that are there for all the wrong reasons.  They need a full blown culture change and need to rebuild.  Those idiots hired a guy that was a part of that toxic culture for years.  76 mil for very likely a much shittier product.  Pooooor aggy.  Please never change.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, victory88 said:

They have a roster full of guys that are there for all the wrong reasons.  They need a full blown culture change and need to rebuild.  Those idiots hired a guy that was a part of that toxic culture for years.  76 mil for very likely a much shittier product.  Pooooor aggy.  Please never change.

I see some dark days ahead. They’ll get reamed in the portal and on NSD1. They’ll overpay for late signees in NSD2.

I think Bjork gets canned on a Friday news dump in late February. He’s too young to fake a retirement, and too radioactive for a soft landing. 

• Prepare your anus 1

40 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I don’t get this boards infatuation with Anderson and Stewart transferring. Neither have shown they are a true difference maker on the field. Let those bums stay there if that is what they want to do. 

Memes , BAS , and circle jerking. What more do you need? 

I don't think anyone's wants them here and much as itching for more aggy tears when they transfer elsewhere. bonus points if it'd out of league 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, victory88 said:

Live by the mercenary, die by the mercenary. 

51 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

They're turning on Robinson because apparently he's recruiting players off aggys roster to Syracuse. Hilarious. He's still coaching the bowl game FYI. 

There’s a kid from Bay City that Alabama and Ohio State just offered. Aggy hadn’t offered yet despite “ERob” being in contact. As soon as “ERob” makes the move, he gets the Syracuse offer. Wolf indeed. 

• Haha 4

Yes, he has said as much.

I thought so. So as much as rickylovesweed thinks aggie should have seen this coming with their coach staying to coach, we have the same situation. Funny thing is that I do not sense any threat from cohost luring our players to Nevada or wherever, tamu seems like they should feel very threatened.

6 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

I thought so. So as much as rickylovesweed thinks aggie should have seen this coming with their coach staying to coach, we have the same situation. Funny thing is that I do not sense any threat from cohost luring our players to Nevada or wherever, tamu seems like they should feel very threatened.

It's very much so not the same situation

53 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It sounds like Robinson is also going to land a WR from aggy but haven't seen anybody specify which one. No wonder he wants to coach the bowl game. He's recruiting players to Syracuse. 

I don't know how aggy didn't see this coming. 

Jaylen Hornsby. Got a bunch of flip CBs.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Bryce Amderson really going to stick around and play in a Secondary full of JAG's?  

Frankly, it's refreshing to be reminded that this isn't the fucking NFL. Some players choose places based on feeling. Some will stay for the same reason. Sark (surely others as well) is not neglecting the things that drew players in the past. 

I'm an idiot about NIL. I don't think the way it was launched was well-conceived if it was even considered with any depth at all. I am optimistic that the unbelievable flood of portal athletes will invite market forces to drive down the monetary incentives causing so many players to jump. They're not all going to get the big money that a QB or elite position player will get.

The Aggies, who understand neither NIL nor what "hitting the portal hard" means, are about to be taught (their decision-makers, all Ags, surely will not actually learn) and serve as an example of the value of keeping both an attractive culture and a well-managed war chest. They went all in on paying players (Aggies: we lead everybody in clever use of NIL. Fisher: we didn't pay anyone NIL). Their locker room became a vat of toxic waste the likes of which have not been seen since Robocop. 

There is not enough money to pay huge NIL to everybody on the team. @closetojumping has documented the money difficulties that even a program with foresight brains are facing. Their brilliant Plan 2024 pivots on keeping the talent together. They're evidently not enviably rich enough to pony up on the NIL side. They clearly don't have much going on to keep players there otherwise. Why would anybody stay?

I'm guessing Anderson likes his situation and world there. It won't hurt his NFL chances. He won't have to spend his last year in college in a strange place. He could change his mind, but I like that just maybe an elite player feels like he belongs to the school.

Having the gravitational pull of a player thinking, "I like it here," is important for team cohesion. It's also good business because you likely won't have to pay as much to keep players on campus.

This did not start off as such a long post. Certificates will be presented to anyone who completes the narrative and passes the knowledge assessment.

• Hook 'Em 1