Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

4 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

You may be thinking of Napier - UF didn’t have anyone coaching special teams this year

Nah, aggy didn't have a ST coach but this was always a dumb narrative. They had an "analyst" or whatever running special teams and as mentioned above their ST units were good outside of this past season under Jimbo. 

aggy is only running with this narrative of "huge ST improvement" to make themselves feel better about Elko. 

On 12/24/2023 at 7:49 AM, Pimphand said:

I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend that The Trooper is headed #2THASTATION as Elmo's WR corch.

OK I got the position wrong....

https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2023/12/29/24019159/trooper-taylor-officially-hired-as-rb-coach-at-texas-a-m-aggies-college-football-mike-elko-duke

11 minutes ago, WBT said:

Duke, Florida, and aggy

This looks almost as bad as when Herman brought in the best coaches he could find after an exhuastive search of the 3rd ward

A flooded village raises all houses.

Edited by derp
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Trooper Taylor was probably a big deal before NIL. Stupid aggy paying his retirement 

Trooper Taylor hasn't been a big deal in at least 10 years. That is why he was coaching at Duke and not a better school.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Trooper Taylor hasn't been a big deal in at least 10 years. That is why he was coaching at Duke and not a better school.

lol at aggy. I wouldn’t be surprised if they just made trooper Taylor the highest paid RB coach in the country. All because Bjork and Sharp know it would get the aggy jars full again. 

23 hours ago, irishtexan said:

I gotta admit… I thought RC and Jackie were dead.

They’re 79 and 80 respectively. It’s big fun that their two best coaches of the last 40 (maybe 70?) years are now octogenarians and are taking big shits on all of their coaching hires. Chef’s kiss. A+.

If any college football program is listening to me when I turn 80, I fully expect that program to implode. Schools should not be listening to 80 year old men, except in a few rare circumstances. 

58 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The fact he's getting the AHC title is insane. 

He's been an assistant at Arkansas State and Duke over the last decade. That gives you a good idea of this staff when they're wasting a title on a coach like this. 

Our assistant head coach title is for Banks. 

An assistant that came from Alabama, is one of the best recruiters in college football, is one of the best special teams coaches in college football, and a very good TE coach. 

These are type of coaches you use that title for. They're using it for a relic who has been incapable of getting a major gig in over a decade. It's kind of incredible. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, PNWhornsfan said:

I don't know why everyone is making fun of Trooper Taylor.  A 53 year old man wearing his hat backwards is totally normal... He can clearly relate to the kids which makes him such an ace recruiter.

30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by Peacock

A football coach with his hat on backwards is abnormal? 

I hardly wear hats, but if I coached, I'd probably have one from time to time. 

Edited by Slacks