Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Those special needs kids would make excellent armed school guards. Give them ARs, and lower the age to work to 12 and we can keep up our conservative bona files with Arkansas. It would be embarrassing if we are considered less backward than Arkansas. The Aggies do a lot of heavy to that end, but sometimes we need the Lege to get us over the Mississippi/ Arkansas hump and on to glory.

Maybe hire a midget with a broom to sweep those teachers out of school.

Aren't the schools already short staffed?

• Haha 1

Aside from being a miserable person, which can in large part be blamed on the tree taking away his ability to walk, it seems he decided to make sure others also suffered. Taking out his anger on the least among us, as well as the precious gift that is a child, seems to be where he is comfortable inflicting pain. 

I know this isn’t for everyone to believe, but if he doesn’t get repaid in full in this life I believe he will in what is to come. I believe hell has a special place for the Abbott’s, Limbaugh’s, Hawley’s and Trump’s of the world. I eschew violence, but if I saw him on the roadside on fire I’d be hard-pressed to not look for more gasoline to put on his fire. Sending an innocent child to their death is something he should be reminded of for all eternity.
I agree with you mostly. I find it laughable the people get pissy with the use of "Hot Wheels" or the various " won't stand jokes" or argue the false equivalency of those jokes vs using retard or the n word.

Abbot chooses to be a horrible, cruel fucker and celebrates and strives to worsem his shitty persona. Perhaps his next campaign ad will be him shooting tannerite under a water station for migrants.

Aren't the schools already short staffed?
Yes they are, especially Special Needs. And Teachers keep quitting for a variety of reasons that largely stem from state policies, state interference, STAAR TEST bs, shitty pay, lunatic GDQ school boards, book bans, stupid lawsuits and crazy Karen's see the Conroe diversity poster.

Its sad. My son had three teachers he really liked, retire last year or pivot fields for all those reasons.

The whole thing sucks and is getting worse.
  • Hook 'Em 1

If an unborn person goes to work, doesn't the unborn person deserve pay?
No, you shouldn't work until your 12 by law, then you can go full time. Under 12 you get to work, but without protections or guaranteed pay. Which is fair; those little kids are pussy bitches and can't fight for shit or pay for an attorney. Even that hard ass kid in Better Off Dead never got his two dollars. Even better, now a days if they try to get even and they come on your property, blast away.

Was the "what about abortion in the case of rape" question unscripted? Because his "I will eliminate all rape" answer sure didn't seem like he had thought of it before.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

Heard where he acknowledges the buoys had "drifted" to where about 80% were on the Mexican side. He now says they are back on the "Texus" side with that weird way he has of saying our state's name.

6 hours ago, CTC2 said:

Because that's what Christians in Texas want.

It's absolutely by design.  Abbott would masturbate if he could, over the thought that some Mexican or Central/South American might not try to come north because they had heard that Abbott had families and little kids bused into an area with an active hurricane.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 8:55 PM, Born to Run said:

They have made voting an easy choice. I used to have to study candidates and vote with notes in Texas because both parties had policy views i didnt always support and individual candidates ran on different positions, visions or intensity of devotion to party platform. The GOP has gotten so disgusting.

Oh man, this. Maybe I'll vote for a Republican again one day for something other than a judge.

5 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Heard where he acknowledges the buoys had "drifted" to where about 80% were on the Mexican side. He now says they are back on the "Texus" side with that weird way he has of saying our state's name.

If Harold tracks as some models suggest, those buoys will be, shall we say, drifting, further.

On 8/12/2023 at 3:28 PM, Goofyboy said:

The schools are easy to figure out. Remove the Special Education teachers. Put all behavior kids in massive rooms with online learning. The libraries are the new behavior classrooms. Have coaches / security / minimal teachers for questions - save millions and test out mass computer education at the same time. Pearson gets $$$$$.

Its even more insidious than that.

Set up public schools to fail. Blame public education when they fail. Use that as rational for private school vouchers. Donors win.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

our governor is an embarrassment to this state and this institution of higher learning. my degree is worth less because of him.

oh, and probably a criminal. our governor is probably a criminal too

But it could have been worse.

Its even more insidious than that.
Set up public schools to fail. Blame public education when they fail. Use that as rational for private school vouchers. Donors win.

Ditched the special ed/autism support staff a week before school begins. (HISD)

4 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

So now that PragerU educational plan, lessons, and videos can officially be used in Texas classrooms as a part of, or in place of the curriculum, and because it was approved by the Texas Comptroller’s Office, are we taking bets on whether Greg had a say in things?

Edited by atomheartbevo

Ditched the special ed/autism support staff a week before school begins. (HISD)

Those folks aren’t needed anymore. They now have the “behavior” centers in the old library. That’s where all of the “problem” children go now, where they will be virtually taught. This should go beautifully. :/

4 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

Those folks aren’t needed anymore. They now have the “behavior” centers in the old library. That’s where all of the “problem” children go now, where they will be virtually taught. This should go beautifully. :/

Well there should be plenty of room in the old library since they have banned so many books.

Those folks aren’t needed anymore. They now have the “behavior” centers in the old library. That’s where all of the “problem” children go now, where they will be virtually taught. This should go beautifully. unsure.png
I thought are state government was vehemently against virtual learning.

These are kids that don't matter.

Which is why mine is now at home doing school online and killing it. That said - we are very fortunate to be able to have him home. There are so many parents with kids that are going to be treated worse than they ever have.

9 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

Breakfast-club-band GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

It seems Abbott has called for an election in November on 14 potential constitutional amendments.

Here are the propositions and the SOS's explanations.

Prop 2 sounds good in principle but I fear it could be a Trojan horse for charter schools to become property tax exempt based on my lack of trust in the lege.

This part sounds sus:

The proposed
amendment also would allow the legislature to define the term “child-care facility” and to
establish additional eligibility requirements to receive the property tax exemption.

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

This part sounds sus:

The proposed
amendment also would allow the legislature to define the term “child-care facility” and to
establish additional eligibility requirements to receive the property tax exemption.

Yeah, that's the Trojan horse part I was thinking about.

Somebody hates Abbott more than we do, to the point they made this GIF

greg-abbott-abbott.gif

Edit: The hosting site's page says the file was created on 2/23/2022, so I'm guessing somebody was really fucking pissed about last year's winter storm.

https://tenor.com/view/greg-abbott-abbott-greg-stairway-stairs-gif-24980396

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1