Hunter Biden’s laptop

Hanrahan

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, I gotta go back and find that.  It wasn't a terribly partisan entity that did the poll either.  But last couple of days of hearing MAGA congress members calling for his head I think probably boosted that number even higher.  I knew shit was getting real when Boebert called for his impeachment.  The reporter asked "do you mean indictment?"  And she kinda gave a "yeah, and that too!" shrug and pouty harumph.  

db98aef0-f0ee-4631-af91-f4836a1b35ee_tex

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, I gotta go back and find that.  It wasn't a terribly partisan entity that did the poll either.  But last couple of days of hearing MAGA congress members calling for his head I think probably boosted that number even higher.  I knew shit was getting real when Boebert called for his impeachment.  The reporter asked "do you mean indictment?"  And she kinda gave a "yeah, and that too!" shrug and pouty harumph.  

Oh you know she’s already sent him a “u up?” Or “wyd?” message now that she’s single. 

Reporter: do you mean indictment 

Boobert: I’m talking his dick in me 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Also, let's not forget -- let's NOT forget, dude -- that keeping wildlife, an amphibious rodent, for uh, domestic, uh, you know, in your pants, that ain't legal either. 

What???!?!

Really they're quite fearful—that's my theory. They see us on stage with tight trousers. We've got, you know, armadillos in our trousers. I mean it's really quite frightening.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

So, it looks like the main issue with the plea was the gun charge.  They had it set up to be a "pretrial diversion" or "deferred adjudication" scenario, where if Hunter completed the terms of the agreement over two years, the charge would be dismissed without conviction.

The problem is, while that is extremely common in state courts, there's no provision for it in the federal courts.  The government wanted the judge to "preside over the agreement," to determine if it was breached and, if she determined it was breached, Hunter would be convicted and there's just nothing in the federal rules or code of criminal procedure that authorizes a judge to find guilt that way, that is without either a bench or jury trial on the facts or a stipulation of guilt in a conventional plea bargain.

Judges do retain almost complete power over plea bargains.  She could have just adopted the GQP stance and said "this is too lenient" and rejected it.  That's not what she did.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The Devon Archer Transcript was released. Shocking, it didn't say what Comer & Jordan said it did

https://www.scribd.com/document/662744861/Devon-Archer-Transcript#

image.png.de986ada080db5e85e5971753f4b74eb.png

Joe Biden attended a dinner and....

image.png.76c35475e541830b9f1467d47f6fd520.png

How do you know that's the real transcript and not a deep state plant, libtard?!? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

18 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

How do you know that's the real transcript and not a deep state plant, libtard?!? 

You have to read between the lines. It’s all there, all Biden’s culpability and guiltiness, if you just squint, detach your brain stem, watch Fox News for 18 hours straight and drink some bleach first. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

The Devon Archer Transcript was released. Shocking, it didn't say what Comer & Jordan said it did

https://www.scribd.com/document/662744861/Devon-Archer-Transcript#

image.png.de986ada080db5e85e5971753f4b74eb.png

Joe Biden attended a dinner and....

image.png.76c35475e541830b9f1467d47f6fd520.png

So when you say "I guess", you're not really sure whether you talked about "the world" or the Bidens doing crime, are you? NOFURTHERQUESTIONS!

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

You have to read between the lines. It’s all there, all Biden’s culpability and guiltiness, if you just squint, detach your brain stem, watch Fox News for 18 hours straight and drink some bleach first. 

trans.thumb.jpg.3871507d0dc06415c9fbbe721c4d7e8d.jpg

It's right there sheeple!  Open your eyes!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

The funny thing is Republican Vatniks still saying it shows Hunter Biden was using Joe Biden...UH NO SHIT. He was grifting on his father's name. See Ivanka, Jared, Cocaine Trump, Dumb One, etc. 

But as to actual connection? No evidence. He did put his Dad on the phone to say hello to people THE HORROR

image.png.bc627bbb8e510acf320652f776a0a01b.png

image.png.a2537e44c678e741cd9484769f538f12.png

About those alleged payments 

image.thumb.png.23c5b51f56b190d9f5cc78ec8c0f1486.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

The funny thing is Republican Vatniks still saying it shows Hunter Biden was using Joe Biden...UH NO SHIT. He was grifting on his father's name. See Ivanka, Jared, Cocaine Trump, Dumb One, etc. 

But as to actual connection? No evidence. He did put his Dad on the phone to say hello to people THE HORROR

image.png.bc627bbb8e510acf320652f776a0a01b.png

image.png.a2537e44c678e741cd9484769f538f12.png

About those alleged payments 

image.thumb.png.23c5b51f56b190d9f5cc78ec8c0f1486.png

Good god.  I had this reaction at least 5 times reading this.

ugh-ryan-reynolds.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

That's it? They are making a big kerfluffle out of that!?

These same people must be furious that Jared and Ivanka made between $23,791,645 and $120,676,949 in outside income in just their final year WHILE working in the White House! And that's just what they actually disclosed in their forms.

https://www.citizensforethics.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Jared-C-Kushner-2021-278TERM.pdf

https://www.citizensforethics.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Ivanka-Trump-2021-278TERM.pdf

Oh, what's that? These people couldn't be bothered to give a wet fart fuck about that? Okay. Cool. Hook 'Em!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

6 hours ago, The Royal We said:

So the Saudis gave $2B to a guy to invest, when that guy invests in Fidelity mutual funds?

Edit: I also love that he's got money in both the Fidelity Growth and Value funds, both of which are charging fees approaching 1%.  When you combine growth and value stocks, you basically get the S&P500, which Fidelity offers in a fund that has 0% fees.

Lulz.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

In another blow to House Oversight Chair James Comer's (R-Ky.) probe into the Bidens and Ukraine, former Rudy Giuliani associate Lev Parnaswrote a scorching letter claiming there is "simply no merit" for the investigation.

https://www.axios.com/2023/07/18/lev-parnas-letter-comer-biden-ukraine

Why it matters: Parnas, a Ukrainian-American businessman, was a central figure in former President Trump’s first impeachment investigation over efforts to pressure Ukraine into investigating the Bidens.

• With all due respect, Chairman Comer, the narrative you are seeking for this investigation has been proven false many times over, by a wide array of respected sources," Parnas wrote. "There is simply no merit to investigating this matter any further."
  • "Please abandon this effort to investigate the Bidens, which is nothing more than a wild goose chase," he added.
  • Parnas also offered to testify under oath in Congress on the issue.

Flashback: Parnas was sentenced to 20 months in prison for campaign finance crimes last year, and pleaded guilty to wire fraud charges.

What he's saying:"[T]here has never been any evidence that Hunter or Joe Biden committed any crimes related to Ukrainian politics," Parnas wrote in the letter. 

• Parnas laid out a detailed timeline of Giuliani's attempts to malign the Biden family with allegations of corruption related to Ukraine as well as his close involvement in those efforts.
  • He claimed to have been in the room with key players, communicating frequently with Giuliani and "often interpreting between the Ukrainian and English languages."
  • "The truth is that everyone, from Giuliani and the BLT Team to Devin Nunes and his colleagues, to the people at FOX News, knew that these allegations against the Bidens were false," Parnas wrote
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

So the Saudis gave $2B to a guy to invest, when that guy invests in Fidelity mutual funds?

Lulz.

But Jared was only taking a 1.25% annual fee on that money, which is clearly the going rate for that sort of shrewd investment acumen ...

• Like 1

Comer quietly released these transcripts while Trump was being fingerprinted:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/hunter-biden-business-associate-testifies-no-knowledge-wrongdoing-joe-rcna97953

WASHINGTON — Hunter Biden’s business associate, Devon Archer, testified before the House Oversight Committee that he has no knowledge that then-Vice President Joe Biden changed U.S. foreign policy to help his son and that he's not aware of any wrongdoing by the elder Biden, according to transcripts of his testimony released Thursday.

“I have no basis to know if he altered policy to benefit his son. … I have no knowledge,” Archer testified in the closed-door hearing earlier this week.

One of the GOP’s key witnesses in its investigation into the Bidens, Archer told lawmakers that Hunter Biden repeatedly used the Joe Biden “brand” to protect Burisma "so people would be intimidated to mess with them" legally and politically. But he quickly added: "On this line of questioning, I have no, like, proof."

Archer also said that he did not disagree with the conclusion that Hunter Biden’s role on the board of Ukrainian energy firm Burisma had no effect on U.S. foreign policy. And Archer testified that he had no knowledge of any wrongdoing by Joe Biden as it related to his son’s business dealings.

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

Archer told lawmakers that Hunter Biden repeatedly used the Joe Biden “brand” to protect Burisma "so people would be intimidated to mess with them" legally and politically. But he quickly added: "On this line of questioning, I have no, like, proof."

i hate you middle finger GIF

Have we discussed the fact that the 5th circuit struck down the gun law that Hunter Biden was accused of violating? I believe @Brisketexan and @TwiceHorn already predicted this would likely occur. 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/09/politics/appeals-court-firearms-illegal-drug-users/index.html

In a unanimous judgement from a three-judge panel at the New Orleans-based appeals court, the court said the 1968 law is unconstitutional, citing a landmark 2022 Supreme Court decision that changes the framework that lower courts must use when analyzing gun restrictions.

“In short, our history and tradition may support some limits on an intoxicated person’s right to carry a weapon, but it does not justify disarming a sober citizen based exclusively on his past drug usage,” Circuit Judge Jerry Smith, a Ronald Reagan appointee, wrote for the panel. “Nor do more generalized traditions of disarming dangerous persons support this restriction on nonviolent drug users.”

The ruling means that the man who brought the challenge to the regulation, Patrick Daniels, will have his July 2022 conviction under the law thrown out. Daniels had been sentenced to nearly four years in prison and three years of probation.

“As applied to Daniels, then, (the federal gun law) violates the Second Amendment,” Smith wrote.

Daniels had been arrested in April 2022 after law enforcement officers searched his car during a stop and found marijuana butts and two loaded firearms. The officers did not administer a drug test the night of the stop, but Daniels admitted that he was a frequent user of marijuana.

The judgment also means that other defendants convicted under the law within the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals’ jurisdiction could seek to challenge their convictions under the new ruling. The circuit covers Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi.

The statute examined by the 5th Circuit was one of the laws that federal prosecutors alleged Hunter Biden violated with a gun purchase in 2018. The Justice Department made the allegation as part of a proposed deal with the president’s son that also covered certain alleged tax crimes, but the agreement is now being scrutinized by a federal judge in Delaware. Biden has pleaded not guilty.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Have we discussed the fact that the 5th circuit struck down the gun law that Hunter Biden was accused of violating? I believe @Brisketexan and @TwiceHorn already predicted this would likely occur. 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/09/politics/appeals-court-firearms-illegal-drug-users/index.html

Bingo.  For some reason, some people still seem to doubt that Bruen will lead to the voiding of almost all gun laws and regulation.  Reading Bruen as written, there is no alternative outcome.

Functionally, if a gun law didn't exist in 1790 or so, it is unconstitutional.  It's an insanely stupid rule, but that's the rule the SCOTUS wrote, so courts are gonna follow it.

So, hooray for Hunter!  I presume that all the 2A fanbois are gonna stand behind Hunter on this one?  I mean, you certainly don't wanna stand in front of him, his giant dong might hit you.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Bingo.  For some reason, some people still seem to doubt that Bruen will lead to the voiding of almost all gun laws and regulation.  Reading Bruen as written, there is no alternative outcome.

Functionally, if a gun law didn't exist in 1790 or so, it is unconstitutional.  It's an insanely stupid rule, but that's the rule the SCOTUS wrote, so courts are gonna follow it.

So, hooray for Hunter!  I presume that all the 2A fanbois are gonna stand behind Hunter on this one?  I mean, you certainly don't wanna stand in front of him, his giant dong might hit you.

Except SCOTUS just issued a shadow docket order in Garland v VanDerStock. Crazy district judge said gov couldn’t enforce bans on ghost guns but SCOTUS put that injunction on hold during appeals process. I don’t know there are 5 votes that are willing to throw away all gun regs. 

4 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Except SCOTUS just issued a shadow docket order in Garland v VanDerStock. Crazy district judge said gov couldn’t enforce bans on ghost guns but SCOTUS put that injunction on hold during appeals process. I don’t know there are 5 votes that are willing to throw away all gun regs. 

You should mention that it barely put a hold on it, 5-4. When your hope for rationality relies upon Amy Barrett, I'm thinking you may be screwed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

https://apnews.com/article/hunter-biden-investigation-justice-garland-ad1034e274570d65032f8e4f47c0c8f6

Attorney General Merrick Garland appoints a special counsel in the Hunter Biden probe

BY LINDSAY WHITEHURST

Updated 11:50 AM CDT, August 11, 2023

WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General Merrick Garland announced Friday he has appointed a special counsel in the Hunter Biden probe, deepening the investigation of the president’s son ahead of the 2024 election.

Garland said he was naming David Weiss, the U.S. attorney in Delaware who has been probing the financial and business dealings of the president’s son, as the special counsel.

Just as his appointment as special counsel was announced, Weiss notified a federal judge in Delaware that plea deal talks in the Hunter Biden case were at an “impasse.”

Garland noted the “extraordinary circumstances” of the matter as he made the announcement at the Justice Department. He said that Weiss asked to be appointed to the position and told him that “in his judgment, his investigation has reached a stage at which he should continue his work as a special counsel.”

“Upon considering his request, as well as the extraordinary circumstances relating to this matter, I have concluded it is in the public interest to appoint him as special counsel,” Garland said.

The move is a momentous development from the typically cautious Garland and comes amid a pair of sweeping Justice Department probes into Donald Trump, the former president, and President Joe Biden’s chief rival in next year’s election.

It also comes as House Republicans are mounting their own investigation into Hunter Biden’s business dealings.

Last month, Hunter Biden’s plea deal over tax evasion collapsed after U.S. District Court Judge Maryellen Noreika, who was appointed by President Donald Trump, raised multiple concerns about the specifics.

Republicans had derided that agreement as a “sweetheart” deal as they pushed their own probe.

The Republicans claimed Weiss was being blocked from becoming a special counsel a claim he and the Justice Department denied.

By being named special counsel Weiss will have broader authority to conduct a more sweeping investigation across various areas.

Edited by smokebomb
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, smokebomb said:

Eh, I don't know that it's really sweeping authority.  But it is independent of the "Biden-controlled DOJ" chain of command.  Probably should have been done for appearance's sake some time ago.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Eh, I don't know that it's really sweeping authority.  But it is independent of the "Biden-controlled DOJ" chain of command.  Probably should have been done for appearance's sake some time ago.

Yeah, I don't know about presenting this as a "deepening" of the investigation. The purpose here appears to be to provide additional separation from the DOJ and the investigation and plea deal, presumably to avoid some of the political hang ups associates with the plea deal. I don't really see this as an indication that the investigation is going to "deepen."

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The DOJ is being weaponized!

I mean.....if you messaged every MAGAt you know this factually accurate messsage: "The Biden DOJ just appointed a special counsel to investigate one of the president's sons!"....they would flip the hell out, and scream about the weaponized DOJ, because they see everything as relating to Trump.  When you told them "actually, it's to investigate Biden," you'll actually be able to see the little hamster wheel in their head screech to a stop.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Yeah, I don't know about presenting this as a "deepening" of the investigation. The purpose here appears to be to provide additional separation from the DOJ and the investigation and plea deal, presumably to avoid some of the political hang ups associates with the plea deal. I don't really see this as an indication that the investigation is going to "deepen."

Ditto.

(I feel dirty)

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

There's this persistent notion that a Special Counsel has some kind of ninja superpowers.  I think that stems from the order of appointment that tends to have broad language.  But, even as a layperson, if you consider what individual US Attorneys were investigating or prosecuting  prior to the appointment, their "remit" was probably pretty broad, too.  

The one thing though; because Special Counsel are appointed usually to pursue a single defendant or group of defendants, the appointment order might consolidate multiple otherwise unrelated crimes in mulitple geographical districts under one Special Counsel and that is a bit of a super power, I guess.

Edited by TwiceHorn

so all this does it put a laser on the issue, get all the dirty laundry out, slap him on the wrist, and move the fuck the on, right? because so far there has been no produced evidence of any MAJOR crimes other than what he has already been indicted for and those are embarrassingly weak. Whatever, let it run its course and I'll for sure accept whatever happens. I'm sure POTUS will too. will the right? undoubtedly no. but for any stupid indy's that vote like wind socks maybe they'll see that POTUS had nothing to do with any of it and they know 10 people who have done worse. There is not scandal here. There's petty thug shit. Wake me when he's in bed with someone for $2B and has a journalist killed who was about to expose that relationship. Then we might be on to something!

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Doesn't matter MAGA is already calling it a DOJ cover-up attempt even thought Weiss was appointed by Trump.

'This action by Biden’s DOJ cannot be used to obstruct congressional investigations or whitewash the Biden family corruption,' said House Speaker Kevin McCarthy.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), a staunch Trump loyalist, blasted Garland's move.

'David Weiss can’t be trusted and this is just a new way to whitewash the Biden family’s corruption. Weiss has already signed off on a sweetheart plea deal that was so awful and unfair that a federal judge rejected it.'

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) also blasted the move as a 'coverup.'

'This move by Attorney General Garland is part of the Justice Department’s efforts to attempt a Biden family coverup in light of the House Oversight Committee’s mounting evidence of President Joe Biden’s role in his family’s schemes selling ‘the brand’ for millions of dollars to foreign nationals,' he said.

You just can't win with these people.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Rage+1 1

Lol.  At this point if I am Hunter I am telling Weiss to piss off and dare him to indict me.  The right wing propaganda machine is discrediting him and the left was never going to go along with taking the hammer to Hunter.  The most he is gonna get is a hung jury (pun intended).  Hunter needs to tell him to fuck off and then start a legal fund GoFundMe by offering to let GQP donors watch him fuck their wives for 500k a pop.

Edited by Horn Dog

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Damn, this russian disinformation operation is really spinning out of control. 

I missed the part where  there was any evidence, much less admissible evidence, on the laptop, that contributed to the tax or gun charges levied against Hunter.

1 minute ago, shakahorn said:

I missed the part where  there was any evidence, much less admissible evidence, on the laptop, that contributed to the tax or gun charges levied against Hunter.

Sorry. Thought we cared about operations intended to influence the outcomes of American elections. 

• Drool 1