Hunter Biden’s laptop

Hanrahan

21 minutes ago, yoladu said:

someone tell me with a straight face that this motherfucker didn't lie on his 4473 as well.

You don't get it, dude. It's really quite simple. The Biden Crime Family has weaponized the DOJ to take down The Biden Crime Family so the country is safe for coked-up, jabbering sweat monkeys' freedom trophy hunts. Obviously, this is just a ploy to distract from their real plan...

Screenshot_20230915-093229.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

You don't get it, dude. It's really quite simple. The Biden Crime Family has weaponized the DOJ to take down The Biden Crime Family so the country is safe for coked-up, jabbering sweat monkeys' freedom trophy hunts. Obviously, this is just a ploy to distract from their real plan...

Screenshot_20230915-093229.png.fc2e7bc5efe1471182230be8be5b0630.png

Maybe the DNC is activating a plan to keep both Biden and Trump off the 2024 ballot.

34 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Just so I got this right.. I quote your previous post stating the actual text of the federal law, point out how the extensive use of "OR" in the actual text of this law, by a  strict interpretation of the written words can be used to reach a ridiculous conclusion, and your response is that I should familiarize myself with the actual written law?  Is that correct? 

And yes coffee is not a controlled substance,  but you are aware what 'OR' means.  Right?

I am, esp when the word "or" is followed by "any other". 

"or any other controlled substance"

For someone that is very concerned about context, you are struggling with it in this case. 

BTW, the text of the 4473 item 21 is not federal law, per se. It is a form promulgated by the ATF to assist the FFL in complying with federal law (18 U.S.C. § 921-931). The wording has been revised from time to time, most recently wrt calling out mj as illegal per federal law. If you are really confused about where coffee fits it wrt item g, you can write the ATF and I am sure they will be happy to clarify. They will point you to the same piece of federal code that I cited above.  

FYI, from the 4473.

Purpose of the Form: The information and certification on this form are designed so that a person licensed under 18 U.S.C. § 923 may determine if he/she may lawfully sell or deliver a firearm to the person identified in Section B, and to alert the transferee/buyer of certain restrictions on the receipt and possession of firearms. The transferor/seller of a firearm must determine the lawfulness of the transaction and maintain proper records of the transaction. Consequently, the transferor/seller must be familiar with the provisions of 18 U.S.C. § 921-931 and the regulations in 27 CFR Parts 478 and 479.

Let's remember that there is a difference between federal rules and laws. Congress writes laws, and then executive agencies write rules (which sometimes change every four to eight years with criminal consequences) to interpret those laws in whichever way the executive branch sees fit within reason that theoretically is bound by the judicial branch. Some of these rules and the laws they are based on may be unconstitutional, but still stand only because they haven't been challenged yet. This is particularly a problem with regard to rules because they can change quicker than the courts can react to them.

Also, some of y'all need to learn the difference between past and present tense.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

For the life of me, I will never understand why y’all give Ana the benefit of the doubt.

He knows none of us give a shit if Hunter is prosecuted. He is arguing in bad faith, like he always does, to create a bothsides straw man.

His act is transparent and tired. Just ignore it.

Image of How about a nice game of chess?

it's way more than 1 million.  Private investment groups through the AIC make sure that the background self-reporting is very, very rarely vetted.  And not just criminal "thugs"...it is insured that lots and lots and lots of Americans with opiate addictions, alcoholism, marijuana usage, prescription drug abuse, and myriad other factors are waved through the gate to be able to keep purchasing multiple firearms again and again and again.  When a widely-reported mass shooting occurs or new Democrat usurps an incumbent Governor or President...and you see that predictable spike in gun sales?  That's not directed at rational firearms owners with one weapon for hunting and one for home protection.  We direct those at vulnerable populations with addiction issues so they buy up as much as they can afford and then take out a line of credit.  

We can sell a college-educated rational adult 1 or 2 firearms every decade regardless of the political climate.  Give me several million people who think their rights are being stolen from them, who also happen to have addiction and drug problems...you can wipe your ass with that background form while we wipe our ass with $100 bills.  

If we can get white southerners hooked on booze and pills, we can sure as shit make 'em pick up a couple extra rifles on the way to the Pharmacy.  

6 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Yea you’re right.  Originalism is dumb and leads to ridiculous conclusions.  It's almost like laws should be interpreted with some type of context, "reasonability standard", and consistency with how it's been applied in the past.

And by the way I agreed with you.  Convict Hunter Biden tor Federal firearms law violation if he is guilty.  Throw the book at him even.  Now convict and apply the same standards to everyone else that did the same thing.  Both sides!

Yup, the onus is on them, and he's being intellectually dishonest as usual. They're literally at SCOTUS right now arguing that domestic violence convictions shouldn't affect gun ownership rights. But a form that asks about drug use, of course, because Biden. That's hypocrisy on their side alone. Most of us want stricter gun control and are find with Biden being convicted if he broke a law, but I guarantee you that no right wing prosecutor has ever used that law against anyone else because 2A bullshit, unless Biden. 

27 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

How many guns are off the street and how many people are arrested if we actually prosecute people who bought a gun, when they had recently used pot, or any other illegal drugs?  1 million? 10 million?

Not directly to your point, but for context 1.16MM NICS denials for "false no" on the 4473, covering timeframe from November 30,1998, through December 31, 2014. Of those, ~100k related to the controlled substance item. The leader in the clubhouse is item e (criminal record), which makes sense since it is both common and easily verified against the database. Straw purchases, such as Kyle Rittenhouse's, are another big category of offenses that are not reported here.  

image.thumb.png.8d2852044f6c7f59d9f6e6cd72f05b8f.png

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

With hunting season coming up I figure it's about time to see your camo-themed beers in stores soon.

It's a good thing the Bud Light thing all went down before the annual release of camo beer.  Kid Rock wouldn't of been able to see them from that distance.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

It's a good thing the Bud Light thing all went down before the annual release of camo beer.  Kid Rock wouldn't of been able to see them from that distance.

If I was forced to bet, I'd wager he was drunk and high when he made that video and broadcast it to the world. 

The few times I've seen Kid Rock in person, regardless of era or stage in his career, he always struck me as someone literally smoking or shooting something that immediately triggers Bells Palsy.  And his first inclination after each episode is to immediately grab a semi-automatic weapon to 'calm his nerves.'  Hunter apparently lied, so I have zero sympathy for him or his father.  

Perhaps this is a discussion for another thread.  But not the "mental health" debate we ring hollow over after every mass shooting.  But I'm talking about the tens of thousands of gun suicides in this country, far ahead of the rest of the world.  I think about the thousands of kids and loved one adults that die each year with weapons left unsecured not out of malice but because the owner/guardian of the weapon was sloppy/fucked up/high/passed out/etc.  

Not talking mental state of mass shooters or gun rights.  Those are exhausted debates.  I'm talking about the other confluence unique to America.  Nobody goes through drugs like we do.  Nobody buys guns like we do.  That's not a coincidence.  Other countries drink more.  Other countries consumer more drugs than we do.  Other countries have more gun ciolence than we do.  But nobody does accidental deaths/suicide by firearms mixed in with somebody in equation having had a serious drug or alcohol problem and easy access to said firearms or ability to leave it 'out.'  At that, we are the Grand Champion of the Solar System.  There's no way, that's just anecdotal data.  We lie about our drug use in order to get more drugs so we can avoid thinking about the fact we just bought another gun and sometimes forget to lock it up because we were drunk because we couldn't get any more pills and feel guilty about lying about our gun and drug purchase history so our families don't find out.  

We are a pill-popping, shot-taking, booze-chugging country with plenty of money to buy all the above who can get any weapon they want in a day's notice just by using a strawman or skipping over a few boxes on a form that nobody is gonna look at anyway.  Thankfully, most end just in the home instead of at a school or shopping mall.  

But you know how we crack wise about funeral home markups on burial costs?  You're at your most vulnerable and depressed.  So they can sell you $1,000 worth of shit for $20,000?  We have arranged it the other way, too.  When you are at your most vulnerable, we can offer easy access to drugs, booze, and guns for $1,000 instead of proper mental health care for $20,000.  Plus the grift we get on guns is so much more lucrative than fleecing a Social Worker.  Even thieves have a sense of honor.

Just now, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

If I was forced to bet, I'd wager he was drunk and high when he made that video and broadcast it to the world. 

of course he was.

The Hunter gun charges are example eleventy billion why there are thousands and thousands of too many laws/rules/pages in the Code of Federal Regulations.  Anyone so inclined can find a gotcha on someone else.  Then everyone gets to argue the fairness ad-nauseum.

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Anyone so inclined can find a gotcha on someone else.

You can't on non-gun owners or gun owners who accurately fill out their required forms, but it's not a surprise that when the 2Aers respond to calls for tighter gun legislation with their calls to enforce existing laws/rules that they're not being honest. 

• 1 month later...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/hunter-biden-asks-judge-criminal-case-subpoena-donald-trump-ex-doj-off-rcna125327

"Mr. Biden seeks specific information from three former DOJ officials and the former President that goes to the heart of his defense that this is, possibly, a vindictive or selective prosecution arising from an unrelenting pressure campaign beginning in the last administration, in violation of Mr. Biden’s Fifth Amendment rights under the Constitution,” the filing said.

• Drool 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Raskin's full statement if you want to avoid twitter fuckery

Rep. Jamie Raskin, after House Republicans rejecting Hunter Biden's request to testify in public:

"Let me get this straight. After wailing and moaning for ten months about Hunter Biden and alluding to some vast unproven family conspiracy, after sending Hunter Biden a subpoena to appear and testify, Chairman Comer and the Oversight Republicans now reject his offer to appear before the full Committee and the eyes of the world and to answer any questions that they pose? What an epic humiliation for our colleagues and what a frank confession that they are simply not interested in the facts and have no confidence in their own case or the ability of their own Members to pursue it. After the miserable failure of their impeachment hearing in September, Chairman Comer has now apparently decided to avoid all Committee hearings where the public can actually see for itself the logical, rhetorical and factual contortions they have tied themselves up in. The evidence has shown time and again President Biden has committed no wrongdoing, much less an impeachable offense. Chairman Comer's insistence that Hunter Biden’s interview should happen behind closed doors proves it once again. What the Republicans fear most is sunlight and the truth."

This shit needs to be blasted far and wide.  Drop flyers from a plane over the rural areas.  But of course, this will never been seen or read by the people that need to see or read it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This shit needs to be blasted far and wide.  Drop flyers from a plane over the rural areas.  But of course, this will never been seen or read by the people that need to see or read it.

Dems need to go on the offensive.  Send Mayor Pete out on Sunday Morning to do every fucking show.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Raskin's full statement if you want to avoid twitter fuckery

Rep. Jamie Raskin, after House Republicans rejecting Hunter Biden's request to testify in public:

"Let me get this straight. After wailing and moaning for ten months about Hunter Biden and alluding to some vast unproven family conspiracy, after sending Hunter Biden a subpoena to appear and testify, Chairman Comer and the Oversight Republicans now reject his offer to appear before the full Committee and the eyes of the world and to answer any questions that they pose? What an epic humiliation for our colleagues and what a frank confession that they are simply not interested in the facts and have no confidence in their own case or the ability of their own Members to pursue it. After the miserable failure of their impeachment hearing in September, Chairman Comer has now apparently decided to avoid all Committee hearings where the public can actually see for itself the logical, rhetorical and factual contortions they have tied themselves up in. The evidence has shown time and again President Biden has committed no wrongdoing, much less an impeachable offense. Chairman Comer's insistence that Hunter Biden’s interview should happen behind closed doors proves it once again. What the Republicans fear most is sunlight and the truth."

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1