American Civil War II

Fastbreak

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Indeed.  the white supremacists are burning the cities right now.

so selective, this concern is...

lol how many right-wing extremists have been charged in the supposed left-wing led "riots" and "looting"?

3 minutes ago, pacman said:

lol how many right-wing extremists have been charged in the supposed left-wing led "riots" and "looting"?

Not sure - are we going by MSM social media hits or actual crime data?

Edited by ztejas
Christ, why am I posting on this ridiculous thread. I have better things to do.
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Jesus Christ you're walking cliche of stereotypes..  I wanna see the Berkley brigade handle being out of Starbucks coffee on the battlefield... of what did you call it ? real life conflict ? Hahahahahahahahaha thanks for the Sunday morning laugh.

I mean, we have Stanley McChrystal and Mickey Hayden on our side. You have Mike Flynn and Dan Bongino. Good luck my friend.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Jesus Christ you're walking cliche of stereotypes..  I wanna see the Berkley brigade handle being out of Starbucks coffee on the battlefield... of what did you call it ? real life conflict ? Hahahahahahahahaha thanks for the Sunday morning laugh.

So, are you the resident Surly Incel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I really wish this were correct.   But that's not how modern conflict zones work.
Show me a 1st world country with a powerful well funded and well trained military went into anything even resembling a "conflict zone".

Wanna take any wild guesses as to why you can't name one?

It’s not hitler but it is fascist propaganda and strategies. He’s not genocidal like hitler, but he does incite white suprematists to violence. And we can’t let that go any farther, we really can’t.

Did you see the Trump fucknuts in Hays County yesterday surrounding the Biden bus on IH 35?
The republican sheriff of Hays Co shrugged it off.
Goddamn imbecile redneck motherfuckers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Show me a 1st world country with a powerful well funded and well trained military went into anything even resembling a "conflict zone".

We won’t have any all-out civil war and it is largely because of the military we have. 

Also because even absent that modern Americans are pretty lazy and our creature comforts are not worth giving up. 

44 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

I really wish this were correct.   But that's not how modern conflict zones work.

Most Americans, outside of the city cores of a few older east coast cities, live in indefensible and highly flammable stick frame housing.  You literally can not defend your home successfully from anyone with even small explosives or large caliber automatic weapons. This isn’t downtown Baghdad or even the center core of European cities, which developed in a court yard style centuries ago due to civil unrest.  If the US Military recognizes an executive authority and chooses to enforce its will on you, you will lose. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm assuming your first sentence was supposed to say "where."

And you're right that there aren't a lot of examples, primarily because civilized democracies A) are committed to peaceful transfers of power, and B) historically, citizens of a country may hold different opinions from one another, they generally agree on reality and facts.  And I feel like I woke up in an America where neither A nor B are true.

Also, Ireland's "troubles" occurred in a well-funded, well-trained 1st-world country.

Again, I said I hoped you were correct.  I just think the notion that events like governor kidnappings or bands of Al Queda-looking pickup trucks intercepting a bus full of politicians -- the idea that's just going to suddenly stop happening after a passionately contested election...  it's wishful thinking.

Peace.

Use Your Illusion I and II are hideously underrated and unfairly maligned albums. Back off Bitch is a rock icon, and Coma is their Opus

Pretty Tied Up, You Could be Mine, the Estranged guitar solo...  Jesus how is this even a conversation.

Edited by G650
  • Hook 'Em 4

There won’t be a full out war for the many reasons already stated in this thread.

I do expect some stuff from this bunch of Trump loses -

ce336dfa244411e4701cd83883600d11.jpg
f80a1702c32839572451a330e1a615ab.jpg
90e6f5f0df6021c1a4410c968253fc19.jpg
933f9ce5aaab4c33c14a1af76c99fa43.jpg

And they’re not bright folks full of strategic thinking. America has proven that even classrooms full of dead first graders isn’t enough to make us look at our relationship with guns. But if these morons start damaging the power structure? All bets are off.

They may FREEDOM themselves into much tougher gun restrictions.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

A) Shut down cell service and the internet.   1st Responders and military have their own dedicated frequencies.

B) Pull anything off the news that is opinion not supported by verifiable citations.   Shut down the lies and propaganda.   They can still state their opinion, but it's got to have substantial 

C) Shut down major distribution centers, like Walmart or Academy that sell ammunition.    Walmart has already pulled ammo from their stores for 11/3.

D) Shot down fuel distribution hubs too.  

28 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

There won’t be a full out war for the many reasons already stated in this thread.

I do expect some stuff from this bunch of Trump loses -

ce336dfa244411e4701cd83883600d11.jpg
f80a1702c32839572451a330e1a615ab.jpg
90e6f5f0df6021c1a4410c968253fc19.jpg
933f9ce5aaab4c33c14a1af76c99fa43.jpg

And they’re not bright folks full of strategic thinking. America has proven that even classrooms full of dead first graders isn’t enough to make us look at our relationship with guns. But if these morons start damaging the power structure? All bets are off.

They may FREEDOM themselves into much tougher gun restrictions.

So even the caravans were a projection

30 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Walmart has already pulled ammo from their stores for 11/3.

Didn't they reverse that decision? They probably wanted to call attention to their ammo, so they could sell more of it.

I'm going with @Bama Chick and the sheriffs/LEOs as aiding and abetting pockets of unrest. Already there exist communities where the council govt is of one mind and the PD another. LEOs have the organization, and if they so chose to shut out/keep out of the loop opposing officers, that wouldn't be that hard, would it? I guess I see it as random acts of violence and terrorism. More stop and frisks that end up with arrests, beatings, and death. More drive by intimidation until the 'people you don't like' move. Heck that one guy was sending letters to his neighbors for their political signs. Most people like that get stopped. But like @Brisketexan says, it all relies on us: us getting along with a shared understanding of what is right and agreement to work together. Violence is not right. We are fighting each other and the top tier of society is going to profit off of our terror. Pretty sad.

^^^that was my gloomy outlook. I hope that is wrong and @immamac is right and everything settles down.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You're a fucking dipshit. 

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

A) Shut down cell service and the internet.   1st Responders and military have their own dedicated frequencies.

B) Pull anything off the news that is opinion not supported by verifiable citations.   Shut down the lies and propaganda.   They can still state their opinion, but it's got to have substantial 

C) Shut down major distribution centers, like Walmart or Academy that sell ammunition.    Walmart has already pulled ammo from their stores for 11/3.

D) Shot down fuel distribution hubs too.  

B. Will never fucking happen.  Lolz. Their opinions ARE the facts, at least from their perspective.

Edited by slorch

5 hours ago, BradInATX said:

You're so terrified of the Berkeley Brigade that you're boarding up your business for the third time. Lulz.

Yeah as you don't know what you're talking about the situation in our city, yeah I did.  There has been ongoing destruction  of property all around our city, and in my neighborhood, and they've already said it's gonna be worse on election night If trump looks like he's gonna win.

Tuesday there will potentially be violence from lots of corners . Yeah stupid move on my part to take precautions.  

2 minutes ago, BNB said:

You people are loons, I would bet that the right wouldn't do shit if Biden wins, but if Trump wins, more rioting and destruction.

Depends on the Biden win being close or a total landslide. I think a landslide is a message for Trump supporters that it's time to shut the fuck up and move on because there's a new sheriff in town and he's not gonna go away if you keep up your retardation. If people see less votes for trump than in 2016 they will realize they are the party of stupid not the other way around.

If there is a really close election and it's big growth on both sides then I think the Trump supporters are showing exactly what they plan on doing already all over Texas. Being obnoxious and dangerous fuckheads. If Trump wins the popular vote and EC then IMHO everyone need to stfu and move on or leave the country, but tend to think you are correct that the response would be uglier in that scenario.

so to be clear: Ugliest = Trump EC+PV win
Very ugly = Trump EC win PV loss
Ugly = Biden closely contested EC+PV win
Meh/nothing = Biden landslide EC+PV

Biden wins narrowly and there are some random kerfuffles in the contested States who are slow to report. Antifa-types and Maga-types strutting in front of eachother. Probably a few shootings.

One or two sheriffs talks dumb, but does nothing. A defeated Trump refuses to concede defeat and keeps yelling to an ever-shrinking group of supporters. Just like ever other day in the year 2020.

If we were gonna have all-out civil war it woulda happened in June.

Chinese Democracy is the worst G'n R album. Fight me.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, slorch said:

As much as those on the left imagine everything being 1930's  Germany with this being the chance to stop Hitler, the right sees everything as 1770's colonial America with people fighting off the British with their musket.

Both sides are laughably mistaken.

Yep. It’s 1800.

Hide your Bible in the well, because the atheist Jefferson is going to confiscate them all. Then there’s Adams with his, “hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.” And the op sounds a lot like Jefferson contemplating the possibility of civil war in a letter when during the House vote in February 1801:

”If they could have been permitted to pass a law for putting the government into the hands of an officer, they would certainly have prevented an election. But we thought it best to declare openly and firmly, one & all, that the day such an act passed, the middle States would arm, & that no such usurpation, even for a single day, should be submitted to.”

That one resolved with a peaceful transfer of power despite all the histrionics on both sides.

Edited by formermav43
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Biden wins narrowly and there are some random kerfuffles in the contested States who are slow to report. Antifa-types and Maga-types strutting in front of eachother. Probably a few shootings.

One or two sheriffs talks dumb, but does nothing. A defeated Trump refuses to concede defeat and keeps yelling to an ever-shrinking group of supporters. Just like ever other day in the year 2020.

If we were gonna have all-out civil war it woulda happened in June.

Chinese Democracy is the worst G'n R album. Fight me.

No fight here, "Chinese Democracy" is the AIDS of Guns 'N Roses albums, and that includes "Lies" which was basically an album about AIDS.  

its coming. may not be this time around, but soon. there is no mechanism to reconnect people, which is sad. because there are plenty pf people mature enough that wish to try but the internet and the disease that it brings is just too much.

or something like that. you homies be cool and keep your heads down

3 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

The letters home will also be a little less eloquent.  

“So, you see how articulate the 1863 soldiers were and how advanced their vocabularies were despite most of them not receiving a formal education.  Now, let’s compare to the letters sent by Civil War II combatants in 2020.  These were delivered by text or Twitter DM.  Most are simply memes or emojis, but when actual words were used, they often were similar to our first example below:

Deez Trumpcuck bitches bout 2b fucced up!!!!! War is like I dont Even, it hot af out here with no ac, i Miss you’re pussy cant weight 4 my glizzy 2 hit that again”

‘Own the Libs !!!’

’my rascal is dead !’

‘King Trump tweeted at us !!’

8 minutes ago, staboner said:

its coming. may not be this time around, but soon. there is no mechanism to reconnect people, which is sad. because there are plenty pf people mature enough that wish to try but the internet and the disease that it brings is just too much.

or something like that. you homies be cool and keep your heads down

I’m thinking there is a known mechanism(s) for reconnection. There just isn’t political desire to employ it at this time. 

37 minutes ago, immamac said:

Depends on the Biden win being close or a total landslide. I think a landslide is a message for Trump supporters that it's time to shut the fuck up and move on because there's a new sheriff in town and he's not gonna go away if you keep up your retardation. If people see less votes for trump than in 2016 they will realize they are the party of stupid not the other way around.

If there is a really close election and it's big growth on both sides then I think the Trump supporters are showing exactly what they plan on doing already all over Texas. Being obnoxious and dangerous fuckheads. If Trump wins the popular vote and EC then IMHO everyone need to stfu and move on or leave the country, but tend to think you are correct that the response would be uglier in that scenario.

so to be clear: Ugliest = Trump EC+PV win
Very ugly = Trump EC win PV loss
Ugly = Biden closely contested EC+PV win
Meh/nothing = Biden landslide EC+PV

I agree with all of this, except I think the most explosive outcome is one where Republican governors or legislatures declare a state for Trump, with Trump clinging to a razor-thin margin, and hundreds of thousands of legally-cast ballots waiting to be counted. 

There are four or five states - Texas among them - where this is a completely plausible outcome.  

Just now, Paul Wesley said:

I agree with all of this, except I think the most explosive outcome is one where Republican governors or legislatures declare a state for Trump, with Trump clinging to a razor-thin margin, and hundreds of thousands of legally-cast ballots waiting to be counted. 

There are four or five states - Texas among them - where this is a completely plausible outcome.  

That would be the end of the United States. 

• Like 1

https://www.dancarlin.com/product/common-sense-320-steering-into-the-iceberg

Good listen from Dan Carlin of Hardcore History (great podcast btw)

"To paraphrase John Lennon, So you say you want a civil war? With the U.S. facing one of the most consequential elections in its history, Dan has some thoughts about us all, our choices and the times in which we live."

6 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

The Civil War chess pieces will be much fatter this time around.

I'd just like to interject that I still own the Civil War chess set from the Franklin Mint that my parents got for me in the 5th or 6th grade. /csb

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, G650 said:

Use Your Illusion I and II are hideously underrated and unfairly maligned albums. Back off Bitch is a rock icon, and Coma is their Opus

Pretty Tied Up, You Could be Mine, the Estranged guitar solo...  Jesus how is this even a conversation.

Plus they came out with Chinese Democracy and the Spaghetti Incident. Nothing is worse than Chinese Democracy.  Use Your Illusion II is awesome, but it could be terrible, and still be 100 times better. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I have a Biden sticker on my car.  Was at the CVS today and while I was in the store a big truck parked next to me with four Trump flags including the obligatory blue and black american flag.  

I got in my car and the guy sitting in it motioned for me to roll my window down.  I did and he said "I thought about smashing your car up but its not worth fucking up my tire iron".  I responded that "considering that my car costs more than your mobile home that was a good choice".  

I sure am glad he was waiting on his fat ole lady because I have no doubt he would have beaten my ass if I had stuck around.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

If GNR had selected the best 12-14 songs from the two Use Your Illusion albums, they could have put out one extraordinary, all-timer rock album. There is some great stuff on those albums, but a lot of garbage too. Was it because they knew how dysfunctional they were and knew they wouldn't last long, and decided to release everything and cash in? I don't know, but that would have made some sense. 

Anyway, Chinese Democracy is the worst, but I'd argue that there is some decent stuff in there too. It is notoriously overproduced and that diminishes the work (in many cases, they would have been wise to take a less-is-more approach in the studio with the UYI albums too - like all the stupid sound effects in the otherwise fantastic Coma). But Axl is still really good at what he does, and there are some tracks on there in which he channels his inner Elton John and nails it.

And are we counting Spaghetti Incident? Its a cover album. I was disappointed in the Stooges cover (they could have done better), but Down on the Farm and Ain't it Fun are well done. 

All in all, still my favorite band since the Stones, even though they could have been so much more had they been less of a trainwreck...but shit maybe that's what made them great in the first place. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I have a Biden sticker on my car.  Was at the CVS today and while I was in the store a big truck parked next to me with four Trump flags including the obligatory blue and black american flag.  

I got in my car and the guy sitting in it motioned for me to roll my window down.  I did and he said "I thought about smashing your car up but its not worth fucking up my tire iron".  I responded that "considering that my car costs more than your mobile home that was a good choice".  

I sure am glad he was waiting on his fat ole lady because I have no doubt he would have beaten my ass if I had stuck around.

I don’t see what any of this has to do with Guns N’ Roses. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

The hook in Locomotive alone should put it on your list. I'm seriously considering negging you for not mentioning it.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Some of yall need to step away from social media.  There isnt going to be a civil war 2.0.  

There is a good chance there might be an outbreak of some wackjob violence here or there, but the union as we know it will survive.  

Absolute worst case is our own version of the troubles or years of lead.  But i don't even see it getting close to that.  

Edited by Xian
  • Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Xian said:

Some of yall need to step away from social media.  There isnt going to be a civil war 2.0.  

There is a good chance there might be an outbreak of some wackjob violence here or there, but the union as we know it will survive.  

Absolute worst case is our own version of the troubles or years of lead.  But i don't even see it getting close to that.  

If states reject the result of their vote and send their own appointed and unelected EC voters, the US will be dead.