Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

• 3 weeks later...

Crazy shit. Nebraska police obtained a warrant to get at Facebook messages between the mother and the daughter. Meta turned the messages over to the police.  The 17 year old daughter took abortion pills at 29 weeks. Survival rate for a premature baby at 29 weeks is 80 percent.  All of this was pre-Dobbs. 

• Rage+1 6

17 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Crazy shit. Nebraska police obtained a warrant to get at Facebook messages between the mother and the daughter. Meta turned the messages over to the police.  The 17 year old daughter took abortion pills at 29 weeks. Survival rate for a premature baby at 29 weeks is 80 percent.  All of this was pre-Dobbs. 

We live in the stupidest fucking world. 

20 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Here’s a link to the whole meeting for @Anastasis. He doesn’t respond well to embedded TikTok tweets.

Ferret out the disinformation for us, sir.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?524567-1/hearing-politics-supreme-court

Jesus dude, you need attention this bad huh? Go touch some grass or jump in a pool, buddy.  

Or I guess you can spend your Sunday afternoon watching three hours of testimony on C-SPAN. Lol. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Jesus dude, you need attention this bad huh? Go touch some grass or jump in a pool, buddy.  

Or I guess you can spend your Sunday afternoon watching three hours of testimony on C-SPAN. Lol. 

I’d rather agree that those type tweets have value here.

12 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

I’d rather agree that those type tweets have value here.

Certainly high value content you lunatic. 

Spoiler

MY GAWD...... WHY IS THIS NOT ON EVERY TV🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯 This is a cracked voice nervous as hell confession to what the negotiations were to overturn Roe with members of Congress and EVANGELICALS 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 FFS🤬🤬🤬🤬 They LITERALLY had CHURCH DIRECTING fcuking STATE IN THE CAPITOL OF THE UNITED STATES 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬FFS 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 WHY IS THIS NOT ON TV?📺 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Edited by Anastasis
  • Fuck You 7

36 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I didn’t actually realize that the copy paste function was going to do that. But sometimes the abortion thread is just going to light things on fire. 

Though I think you could offer insight into where that deal with the devil lies for you, personally, I know you won’t/can’t be so intellectually honest. I imagine giving up any freedom, abortion excepted, of course, and I speak of the right to privacy,  would rankle someone who otherwise considers themself a patriot. And the demonization of immigrants ought make a Christian’s skin crawl. But, for you, Ana, the wholesale deepthroating of stupidity, as in utter rejection of fact, has to be anathema. 

You don’t reject facts you don’t like, you ignore them. Oh, and deflect.

Edited by Willfully Horn

13 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Though I think you could offer insight into where that deal with the devil lies for you, personally, I know you won’t/can’t be so intellectually honest. I imagine giving up any freedom, abortion excepted, of course, and I speak of the right to privacy,  would rankle someone who otherwise considers themself a patriot. And the demonization of immigrants ought make a Christian’s skin crawl. But, for you, Ana, the wholesale deepthroating of stupidity, as in utter rejection of fact, has to be anathema. 

You don’t reject facts you don’t like, you ignore them. Oh, and deflect.

I am not really all that interested, but I guess whenever you want to talk about the nearly 4 hours of cspan testimony coverage you linked, I am down. But you are going to have to actually watch it first and provide your original thoughts buddy. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Let’s be real. Nebraska teen who induced labor at 28 weeks and likely let the resultant delivered human die got off lightly. This was a despicable act, most likely due to ignorance rather than malice, but we should call out abhorrent behavior when we see it

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, safe sex said:

To quote from the article:

“This case is really sad because people resort to things like this when they’re really desperate,” Professor Donley said, “and the thing that makes people really desperate is abortion bans.”

Absolutely. That is no reason to minimize what she actually did.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Da Fino said:

Here's something I just learned first hand. A patient who has to have a failed pregnancy surgically removed has to sign a form to have that tissue sent away for cremation or burial. What the fuck?

The fuck?  Is there supposed to be a minister presiding?  "The tissue will be dearly missed, but had a blessed life, and is now with the Heavenly Father."

2 hours ago, Da Fino said:

Here's something I just learned first hand. A patient who has to have a failed pregnancy surgically removed has to sign a form to have that tissue sent away for cremation or burial. What the fuck?

Procedure is called a missed abortion, I believe. My wife underwent that operation.

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Missouri Supreme Court orders attorney general to let abortion ballot initiative go forward

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4110105-missouri-supreme-court-orders-attorney-general-to-let-abortion-ballot-initiative-go-forward/

Missouri’s ballot initiative to legalize abortion will be allowed to move forward after the state Supreme Court ruled the state’s attorney general was improperly stonewalling the effort.

The court ruled unanimously Thursday that Attorney General Andrew Bailey (R) was using “misleading” and “incorrect” arguments to justify delaying his approval of the cost estimates ballot measure that would allow residents to vote on whether to legalize abortion, a crucial step in the certification process.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/21/2023 at 8:47 AM, Sawbonz said:

Absolutely. That is no reason to minimize what she actually did.

Sure, let's all hop on board that train. 

While we conveniently turn a blind eye to the conditions that led to it. The more we can demonize young desperate women the less likely we will address the anti-Roe/anti-women's health issues. Kind of an old testament, GOP mentality, imo. 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 7/21/2023 at 3:29 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Pro-life party strikes again. Women are being forced to carry nonviable pregnancies to term so they can then go through a traumatic delivery and be handed a dead infant to hold for a few minutes.

all while racking up a crippling medical debt too, right @Anastasis?

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Sure, let's all hop on board that train. 

While we conveniently turn a blind eye to the conditions that led to it. The more we can demonize young desperate women the less likely we will address the anti-Roe/anti-women's health issues. Kind of an old testament, GOP mentality, imo. 

Who turned a blind eye? Get your head out of your ass

eta this is a classic example of appeal to the extreme

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 1

Anyone on the fence about whether the GQP is coming for birth control need only to Google/Duck, Duck, Go it. There are shit tons of results. AG candidates, Senators, Supreme Court Justices, House Representatives. This is just a few of many from a very quick perusal. 

Supreme Court

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/06/24/contraception-supreme-court-clarence-thomas-griswold/

Clarence Thomas wrote on Friday that striking down Roe v. Wade should also open up the high court to review other precedents that may be deemed “demonstrably erroneous.”

Among those, Thomas wrote, was the right for married couples to buy and use contraception without government restriction, from the landmark 1965 ruling in Griswold v. Connecticut.

“In future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell,” Thomas wrote on Page 119 of the opinion in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health, also referring to the rulings that legalized same-sex relationships and marriage equality, respectively. “Because any substantive due process decision is ‘demonstrably erroneous’ … we have a duty to ‘correct the error’ established in those precedents.”

US Senator

https://www.newsweek.com/blackburn-says-scotus-ruling-protect-birth-control-couples-unsound-1690259

A landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling that protects married couples' ability to obtain and use birth control is "constitutionally unsound," according to Republican Senator Marsha Blackburn.

US House

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/house-republicans-voted-against-birth-control-protections_n_62d84d4be4b03dbb9913f86d

The House passed the Right to Contraception Act on Thursday ― a bill that codifies the right to birth control and other contraceptives amid fears that the Supreme Court may come for that aspect of reproductive health care next after the high court repealed Roe v. Wade’s protection of abortion rights last month. 

The bill passed despite 195 Republicans who voted against the bill in a final vote of 228 to 195. Republicans who voted against the legislation included Reps. Matt Gaetz (Fla.), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Jack Bergman (Mich.) and Joe Wilson (S.C.). Just eight Republicans voted in favor of the bill.

US Senators

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/27/birth-control-bill-senate

Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) on Wednesday blocked a unanimous consent request to pass legislation that would have created a federal right to birth control use. 

Driving the news: Democrats moved to pass the bill through unanimous consent — meaning the bill would have been deemed passed had no one objected —in response to Justice Clarence Thomas' concurring opinion overturning Roe v. Wade, in which he said the Supreme Court should reconsider its precedents that protect access to contraceptives.

The House passed companion legislation last week.

Details: The bill, known as the Right to Contraception Act and introduced by Sen. Ed Markey (D-Mass.), would have protected "a person's ability to access contraceptives and ... a health care provider's ability to provide contraceptives" under federal law.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

On 7/21/2023 at 4:29 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Pro-life party strikes again. Women are being forced to carry nonviable pregnancies to term so they can then go through a traumatic delivery and be handed a dead infant to hold for a few minutes.

IMG_2981.thumb.jpeg.093dd790736be80d42853c2c2ec42828.jpeg

This is a heartbreaking story. Fuck the Republicans for the pain and suffering they cause.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/08/health/ohio-abortion-long/index.html

• Rage+1 5