Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

On 4/14/2023 at 11:51 AM, YGIFS said:

I'm sure the answer is quite obvious, but did an Italian-American ever get a major party nomination for POTUS?  I can't think of one, but I'm sure it's happened.  

Well, Sinatra ran the country for a while. No, he didn't go through the "usual" channels, you're right about that. But you must agree that he left the USA a better place.

• Like 2

I just realized two things about Ron:

-When y'all type "DeSantis is a Piece of Shit", I'm now reading it in Letterkenny accent when they say "McMurray's a Piece of Shit!"

-It appears that at least since high school up until know, DeSantis has been purposely shaving lines into his left eyebrow to look like Luke Perry from his favorite show growing up, "Beverly Hills: 90210"

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Meatball is playing it up for the primary and failing 

It's like he doesn't even realize tens of millions of families go there ever year, and his threatening to put in a prison next door.....is next level stupidity.  It's almost something that Trump would do, except Trump is a developer and understands property values a tiny bit.

It's like he doesn't even realize tens of millions of families go there ever year, and his threatening to put in a prison next door.....is next level stupidity.  It's almost something that Trump would do, except Trump is a developer and understands property values a tiny bit.
Millions of visitors from around the world... and their image of his state outside of WDW will be a prison. Genius.
  • Like 2

The dumbfuck doesn't seem to understand zoning laws, even for state facilities, adjacent to Disney and all of the Orlando-Kissimie-Saint Cloud entertainment tracts have to be locally approved for change.  Like almost everywhere else in the United States.  For a guy who literally wrote Law Review articles at an Ivy League Law school (Law Review is a big deal) on commercial property law...he's really in the dark on this one.  zoning/variance/permitting?  Never mind the fucking fact that you'll be the guy that put a state prison next to 25,000 kids a day?  Yeah, that's gonna go bang up with your anti-groomer stance.  While you're at it, put the pedophile separate wing right up against the fence with the 5 & under ride section of the park?  

I knew he'd eventually fail but this is like super-exceptional failure.  Guy's gonna be vice-chancellor of Miami-Dade Community College in less than 2 years and the poor bastard doesn't even know it yet.  Rick Scott has quietly stated he will finish this term and run for one more.  And no fucking way he's taking on Rubio, he still has a future in the GOP.  What the fuck Ronnie gonna do?  Maybe start a summer camp for the odd, downtrodden, and short of stature?  Maybe we could call it "MEATBALLS"????????

• Haha 1

Why are y’all even discussing this, it won’t happen, it’s just another dumb statement his billionaire backers told him to say. There is likely some other shit they want way bigger and this is just the normal tactic to keep him in the news cycle.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Why are y’all even discussing this, it won’t happen, it’s just another dumb statement his billionaire backers told him to say. There is likely some other shit they want way bigger and this is just the normal tactic to keep him in the news cycle.
You're right, of course. Like Perry and his Texas Seccession comments during the Obama presidency. I forget that in order to be a piece of shit, you have to be full of shit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Covri said:

It’s the stuff that Texags eats up 

• Rage+1 1

Didn't realize he also suggested the adjacent land could be for a state prison -OR- another amusement park.  

Can you imagine as a kid, loaded up with your siblings in the Family Truckster.  And you're driving forever, and then on your left you can start to make out the Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Universal Studios, Wild Animal Kingdom............and your dad turns right instead to go to Ronnie World?  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Didn't realize he also suggested the adjacent land could be for a state prison -OR- another amusement park.  

Can you imagine as a kid, loaded up with your siblings in the Family Truckster.  And you're driving forever, and then on your left you can start to make out the Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Universal Studios, Wild Animal Kingdom............and your dad turns right instead to go to Ronnie World?  

YARN | | | Video gifs by quotes | 302b86b6 | 紗

• Haha 2

If he had ignored Disney last year or the year before when they made their comments, people wouldn’t be laughing at him now, wouldn’t be going “holy fuck, Ron is literally justifying why Disney set up the Reedy Creek District” and wouldn’t the talking about how Ron is trying to destroy the largest tourist area in Florida with his talk of state prisons.   And they wouldn’t be wondering how Disney is going to embarrass him next.  

All he had to do was keep his mouth shut.  Now Disney is ramping up their gay pride events and daring him to go after them.

Little man syndrome or something. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

This.  ^

1000 other ways to cruelly hammer down on woke, pride, crt, DEI, trans, drag, etc.  all red meat to the base.  All shit he has the authority to do.  But the Meatball instead goes after the largest entertainment corporation on Earth which happens to be the most visible and valuable asset in his state.  

abbott finds out women and girls are traveling Texas to get abortions.  So he decides to go after SWA and America , then the oil and gas companies, and all the car manufacturers located in Texas.  That’s about much sense this makes for Ronnie. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

If he had ignored Disney last year or the year before when they made their comments, people wouldn’t be laughing at him now, wouldn’t be going “holy fuck, Ron is literally justifying why Disney set up the Reedy Creek District” and wouldn’t the talking about how Ron is trying to destroy the largest tourist area in Florida with his talk of state prisons.   And they wouldn’t be wondering how Disney is going to embarrass him next.  

All he had to do was keep his mouth shut.  Now Disney is ramping up their gay pride events and daring him to go after them.

Little man syndrome or something. 

It could have been just a scheduled tweet already set to run but right as DeSantis was finishing up his sad press conference yesterday, Disney blasted on their socials the previously announced Pride Nite at Disneyland. That combined with hosting the LGBTQ+ conference in September shows Disney isn't backing down. 

Also, RARRRR DISNEY NEEDS TO PAY THEIR FAIR SHAREEEEEEEE

Edited by mdmost

Not a drug guy, but I'm really interested what kind of drugs this Stuart guy is on...

But lets be real, if it was actually a reasonable/realistic threat that Disney could fold up shop and move out of Florida, tell me that Abbott and 10-15 other GOP Governors and all kinds of local officials wouldn't be tripping all over their own dicks (rolling in Abbotts case) to get Disney to move to their state and give Disney whatever sweetheart deal they would want a-la Reedy Creek District/Tax Breaks/Mega Corporate Welfare/etc?

Disney knows all they gotta do is wait out Meatball Ron and he will be gone, and Mickey will be laughing all the way to the bank. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think Disney is better off digging their heels in in Florida and breaking the Meatball Midget. The other potential warm-weather East-of-the-Mississippi sites are Mississippi (Yay!), Bama (oddly tame this decade, probably just resting), Georgia (blue for the past 15 minutes but also throws out MTGs), and maybe South Carolina (yay.)

All of those states get occasional freezing cold anywhere in their northern two thirds. Georgia, probably the best bet overall, has its transportation hub up in the NW part with Atlanta, while the most Florida-esque part might be Valdosta or somesuch. You try getting to Valdosta fast on a budget, dare you. And then you're in Valdosta.

I do hope they stay put in Orlando and just beat the shit out of Ron.

• Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Not a drug guy, but I'm really interested what kind of drugs this Stuart guy is on...

But lets be real, if it was actually a reasonable/realistic threat that Disney could fold up shop and move out of Florida, tell me that Abbott and 10-15 other GOP Governors and all kinds of local officials wouldn't be tripping all over their own dicks (rolling in Abbotts case) to get Disney to move to their state and give Disney whatever sweetheart deal they would want a-la Reedy Creek District/Tax Breaks/Mega Corporate Welfare/etc?

Disney knows all they gotta do is wait out Meatball Ron and he will be gone, and Mickey will be laughing all the way to the bank. 

I assume there is at least one person at Disney that follows current events and knows a move to Texas or any other fucked up redneck asshole state wouldn’t be any better. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I do hope they stay put in Orlando and just beat the shit out of Ron.

Do you have any idea how massive the WDW complex?  I can't even begin to fathom the billions upon billions it would take to replicate.  Of course they aren't moving.  

But back on topic, has anyone completely destroyed their national rep more in a 6-9 month timeframe?  This dude went from being the odds on favorite to win the R nomination to getting bullied by Trump, and instead of fighting back, has tripled down on his culture war that has probably irreparably destroyed his ability to win a national election.  I always assumed this guy wouldn't live up to the hype as the electable Trump alternative and fail miserably once the lights were on but he didn't even make it to that point.

Edited by Skipper
  • Hook 'Em 2

Reporter, "Any comment on the Kent Stermon sex scandal and subsequent suicide?"
Meatball, "Kent who?  Never heard of him."

Reporter, "Here's a few photographs of you and he, his donation and bundling records for your campaigns as per required disclosures."

Meatball, "I'm sorry, I can't comment on it if I don't know the person."

Reporter, "Here's a video of you grieving at his funeral shouting, 'Why?  Why would you do this to me right now?'" 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Disrespek on his name.

Yeah, 3-4 Florida reps that he met with in D.C. basically said "yeah we met, I'm good, I'm supporting Trump" which is not going to help his campaign at all, since Trump will latch onto that, and also Trump will probably bring up the dead pedophile (Ron's only response would be to go nuclear and bring up photos of Trump with Epstein).

Meatball Ron is really winning over people with his Disney antics.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' (R) escalating feud with the Walt Disney Co. is earning him free publicity as he weighs a presidential run, but it's also providing fodder to the Republicans he would be fighting against to clinch the nomination. Former President Donald Trump, the clear frontrunner in early polling, jeered on his Truth Social network Tuesday that "DeSanctus [sic] is being absolutely destroyed by Disney."

DeSantis threatened on Monday, possibly in jest, that Florida might build a state prison on state land next to Disney World or solicit a rival amusement park if Disney continues to thwart his attempts to take over the park's surrounding district. He has also threatened to levy new taxes, fees, and regulatory burdens on Disney. CNN anchor Pamela Brown's panel tried to game out how those threats would work out — and ended up laughing uproariously at DeSantis' expense. 

"Disney's next move will be the announcement that no more money will be invested in Florida because of the governor," Trump wrote. "In fact, they could even announce a slow withdrawal or sale of certain properties, or the whole thing. Watch! That would be a killer. In the meantime, this is all so unnecessary, a political STUNT!"

The Onion piled on, too.

The super PAC supporting Nikki Haley's presidential campaign mocked the latest bid by DeSantis to "one-up Mickey Mouse after a devastating and embarrassing blow to his efforts to rein in Disney World." New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu (R), who has strongly hinted at his own 2024 bid, told CNN that DeSantis' Disney feud "has gone from kind of going after a headline to something that has devolved into an issue," and "it's not good for Gov, DeSantis. I don't think it's good for the Republican party."

"I don't think Ron DeSantis is a conservative, based on his actions towards Disney," former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R), who's also considering another bid for the GOP nomination, told Semafor. And "if you can't see around a corner [Disney CEO] Bob Iger created for you," you're "not the guy I want sitting across from President Xi" Jinping of China or Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The Wall Street Journal editorial board criticized Trump for siding "with the woke Mickey Mouse to score points over the Florida governor," but also said DeSantis "attacked the company in Trumpian fashion" so as not to look weak when Disney outmaneuvered him. "Nobody emerges from this looking good," the editorial board said, and Trump's attempt to "goad" DeSantis by siding with Iger shows that "his only abiding political conviction is personal advantage."

Not sure where else to put this:

https://ourtallahassee.com/florida-prosecutors-racism-policy-leaked/

In those five days working in the office, McKenzie says it was a glaring difference in the state attorney’s office’s culture and views on race. In Jefferson County, the all-white staff of prosecutors would often discuss an “us versus them” mentality when referencing local migrant farm workers.

Hayes says they often just called them “mexicans.” 

“It was very clear that this was a white office, in leadership, staff, attorneys. Both the Leon and Jefferson county offices were like that,” Hayes said.

“Oh my god, they wrote down the racism policy,” Hayes’ recalled her first thoughts when she saw it. Researching it over the next two days, she found the file on their local server, where she copied it to prove the memo’s existence to the media. Metadata from that file shows the document was created on September 29th, 2022, and the author of the file was a prosecutor who continues to work to this day in the Leon County courthouse on behalf of the Office of the State Attorney.

“I definitely wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the policy in all the outer-lying counties,” Hayes said. “It definitely was not the policy in Leon, which just means it’s very targeted and intentional,” Hayes said.

Policy-Photograph-768x290.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 4