Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

A mashup of Trump and DeSantis walking into Milwaukee next summer with some woman commenting, "A wimp and a blimp!"  And then we find out at the end that DeSantis, like Neidermeyer (yes, I know different characters) was killed by his own troops.  

On 12/27/2023 at 11:49 AM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

and served in the military, and yet is a massive idiot and wimp

Background checks and Basic Training skim off about 20% of the idiots and wimps, but for the rest, where there's a will there's a way.

Every platoon has that guy you send off to help the cooks whenever you've got an inspection coming. And By God he's serving America.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It was his wife all along that wanted to be in the White House.  Ironically, she’d probably be doing far better than him - the Eddie Munster fan base is still out there.

This is likely the correct answer. Not only does he suffer from a charisma deficit, he also doesn't seem to have the ambition, drive, enthusiasm, self-confidence, or whatever that's needed for this campaign. It's like he's just going through the motions without any authentic emotions.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

This is likely the correct answer. Not only does he suffer from a charisma deficit, he also doesn't seem to have the ambition, drive, enthusiasm, self-confidence, or whatever that's needed for this campaign. It's like he's just going through the motions without any authentic emotions.

While it’s been thirty years, I remember a high school friend running for student council, and being pulled into helping so having to go to the debates, etc., and all of those teens running for various student council positions were more enthusiastic, driven, and confident, than DeSantis.

And when his wife gets up to speak, she is more enthusiastic, confident, and driven than Ron.  Obviously her professional life prepares her better, but you can just tell the difference.  I would not be surprised if he entered politics because she pushed him.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

55 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

He probably wipes his ass after a shit because she trained him.

I doubt that his tiny hands do a good job on that big ass.   Then again, maybe that is planned and he just wants to smell like Trump. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

I doubt that his tiny hands do a good job on that big ass.   Then again, maybe that is planned and he just wants to smell like Trump. 

Makes one ponder what it was that for him to win elections. Maybe some lower local stuff if he started there, running on a military record where signage did more work than public appearances. But governor and whatever led up to that?  

quoting you because this is your fucking state electorate.  Obviously Texas would never…

13 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

quoting you because this is your fucking state electorate.  Obviously Texas would never…

I have not lived in Florida since 1979, so my vote is not a part of the state electorate.  IMG_2172.jpeg.2d980516412f3f8276102d19f6275738.jpeg

Heading to Mannings bitches…

On 12/30/2023 at 7:54 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

The weirdest politician in my lifetime.  Such a weird little man.

DeSantis is weird, but why is a 10 year old girl asking him border questions? That's the really weird part.

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

DeSantis is weird, but why is a 10 year old girl asking him border questions? That's the really weird part.

Democrat plant asking a Republican shrub questions.

• Haha 1

On 12/30/2023 at 8:32 PM, atomheartbevo said:

It was his wife all along that wanted to be in the White House.  Ironically, she’d probably be doing far better than him - the Eddie Munster fan base is still out there.

On 12/30/2023 at 8:45 PM, bolverk said:

On 12/30/2023 at 8:58 PM, atomheartbevo said:

While it’s been thirty years, I remember a high school friend running for student council, and being pulled into helping so having to go to the debates, etc., and all of those teens running for various student council positions were more enthusiastic, driven, and confident, than DeSantis.

And when his wife gets up to speak, she is more enthusiastic, confident, and driven than Ron.  Obviously her professional life prepares her better, but you can just tell the difference.  I would not be surprised if he entered politics because she pushed him.

15 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Makes one ponder what it was that for him to win elections. Maybe some lower local stuff if he started there, running on a military record where signage did more work than public appearances. But governor and whatever led up to that? 

I quoted all of these for reference; really though even if Casey DeSantis envisioned herself as the belle of DC, I don't think I'd pin the motivation on her entirely. Regardless of how much power of persuasion you think she might have or even her professional career skills (and she was by all accounts good at her job--regional Emmy winner etc), I suspect/speculate that this is Ron and the people with whom he's been since he was plugging away at Yale, Harvard Law, and later through the military and US Attny Office. He was moving up through the ranks somewhat steadily and I think that was by his design not hers (they married after his return from Iraq). She is an asset, no doubt, due to her abilities and her own competitiveness, but I also believe this is just who Ron DeSantis is. While other people in the political arena may be "more enthusiastic, driven, and confident than DeSantis," it doesn't mean he doesn't want the role, the attention, or the power. And ultimately, I believe it is the last word, power, that is his motivation. It wouldn't be the first time that someone who doesn't really fit the image or what popular media says must fit the image made a run for the role. He was and is in a bit of a pickle. Waiting another four years was a risk, but so is laying the cards out now. It's what he chose and he's having to deal with it. He seems rather thin-skinned w/respect to criticism, so perhaps he isn't good with trying to sincerely work on his delivery etc. It bores him because (similar to Trump) they should like me as I am: wonderful and smart, right?

Casey DeSantis: Yes, dear.

We don't have to agree on this, I certainly don't know either one of them. It just seems a little too simple to say that it's her pushing him into this.

21 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Steady failure in FL …

Shame the taxpayers don’t realize they will be paying for the poors’ medical care when they show up to hospitals seeking treatments that could have been handled in a doctor’s office and paid for through federal medical programs, because they will pay a lot more for them using the ER to treat mild issues.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Shame the taxpayers don’t realize they will be paying for the poors’ medical care when they show up to hospitals seeking treatments that could have been handled in a doctor’s office and paid for through federal medical programs, because they will pay a lot more for them using the ER to treat mild issues.

What I’ve never understood about the whole GQP strident opposition to accepting federal dollars for Medicare expansion is….why? It’s there for the taking. It will improve the health and productivity of your citizens. Is it just the steadfast unyielding position that anything that even remotely sniffs of “Obama” must be opposed?

I mean…I know that’s the answer. It’s just so. Fucking. Stupid.
  • Hook 'Em 1