Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Hey Ron, does Casey know you raid her wardrobe?

If you ever find yourself in a jacket with your name embroidered on it and you aren't on some sort of sports team, you've become the asshole.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

If you ever find yourself in a jacket with your name embroidered on it and you aren't on some sort of sports team, you've become the asshole.  

Yes. But even if you're the asshole, you should realize you'll never beat that biggest orange asshole. Maybe the lesson to learn here is don't be an asshole. Otherwise, you risk looking like a pussy when you back down.

image.png.10995279a01abe767b65e29e4d2c6b94.png

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

He also killed whatever lucrative grifting opportunities he could have had after his governor term expires.  Want to get in on the high brow corporate / big donor / mainstream media gigs?  Oh wait ... it says here you tried to fuck over Disney, pharma, tech companies, and every other big business, you spread anti-vax conspiracy theories, banned books, and tried to make the state teach kids that slavery was good for black people.  Think that will be a pass.

But at least you still have the low rent MAGA / OAN / Mike Lindell type gigs ... oh wait, you tried to challenge Trump and he's spent the last year mocking you relentlessly.  So, now they all hate you and think you're a "globalist" or whatever the fuck, and all your shameless efforts to court them were completely wasted.

What a shame.   Welp, maybe Charlie Kirk or Nick Fuentes need interns?

Seriously this. He has zero political career left now right?  He is just going to fade into oblivion. 

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Seriously this. He has zero political career left now right?  He is just going to fade into oblivion. 

His approval is underwater in Florida now 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Js1 said:

His approval is underwater in Florida now 

I had a call with a client in Florida right after Hurricane Ian and she was going on and on about how DeSantis would fix everything “because he is such an ass-kicker”. 

She was an idiot. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

On 1/15/2024 at 10:31 AM, FirstTimeCaller said:

We taking bets on when he drops out yet? New Hampshire primary is January 23. 

Does he make it to February?

Not even a week after I posted that. Dang.

26 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Yes. But even if you're the asshole, you should realize you'll never beat that biggest orange asshole. Maybe the lesson to learn here is don't be an asshole. Otherwise, you risk looking like a pussy when you back down.

image.png.10995279a01abe767b65e29e4d2c6b94.png

Will Florida rescind this law now?
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/florida-bill-allows-desantis-to-run-for-president-while-governor#:~:text=Republican Ron DeSantis would not,the GOP-dominated state Legislature.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I don't get it. Wasn't finishing second in Iowa the (realistic) goal? Was he staying in hoping Trump would die prior to Iowa?

I’m guessing he thought some BMDs would materialize and dump a ton of cash into his campaign.

47 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

He also killed whatever lucrative grifting opportunities he could have had after his governor term expires. 

I’m wondering if he canceled so quickly in order to keep some money in his campaign war chest that he can use.

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

. it says here you tried to fuck over Disney, pharma, tech companies, and every other big business, you spread anti-vax conspiracy theories, banned books, and tried to make the state teach kids that slavery was good for black people.

"Centrist" buddy told me he never really knew what DeSantis stood for so I texted him this.  He said that was just "bad noise".  

• Hook 'Em 1

Unsurprisingly, I grew up in Texas in a white, conservative, Christian, republican family.  I started out as card carrying republican but dropped the status in the early 90’s.  My father and brothers continued to be republicans.  My father has passed. One brother watches Fox “News” in all his spare time with his wife while other brother, while a straight ticket republican, watches sports and the LHN in his spare time.  Nothing can keep my Fox brother from not voting for Trump, but my other brother was looking for an alternative. He mentioned DeSantis as a saner alternative to Trump.

But DeSantis was the model for how not to run a campaign. Reasons:
- He could have showed a softer, less crazy side to being a republican, but instead tried to show he was more right wing, e.g. the FL book banning and monkey business in meddling with the state universities.                                        - He picked a stupid, vindictive battle with Disney.                                                                    - He let Florida deteriorate as the expense of his falling campaign by refusing federal funds and not really doing shit to rebuild communities impacted from the hurricane.                    - He’s a weirdo.  Thin skinned.  Can’t relate to a crowd.  Has poor table manners.                                                      - High heels and everyone knows this                - White boots.  You mean to tell me you couldn’t have come up with some black or drab green rubber boots?

So my other brother will be voting for Trump  as well.

Edited by Matuka
Sorry for the weird format
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

He tried to run an anti-Trump campaign by being…trumpier than Trump. He talks about how pathetic it is to kiss the ring. Then he drops out…and immediately endorses Trump and kisses the ring.

Page 1 of the book “Every Accusation is a Confession” will start with “Republicans’ constant use of the term ‘cuck.’” These “men” are the cuckiest bunch of cucks to ever cuck. Its pathetic. They’re pathetic. Every man in America should put on orange makeup and a cotton candy wig and rail Casey in front of Ron just to hear him thank you for fucking his wife silly.

• Hook 'Em 5

22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Every man in America should put on orange makeup and a cotton candy wig and rail Casey in front of Ron just to hear him thank you for fucking his wife silly.

Every? I dunno.  That’s an relatively unappealing caboose situation

18 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Your other brother is worse than your Fox-News-all-day MAGA brother. 

Not really.  Other brother’s flirtation with DeSantis was really before his candidacy was officially announced.  They are both decent men, church going and charitable.  But republicanism has been so ingrained in Texas in our demographic, it’s hard to break out.  Took me awhile…

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Oh, they go to church. No shitheads there alright.

Yes, religion has lots of hypocrites, lots of grifters, pedos, etc.  But they walk the walk for the most part.  Count me in as religion is the excuse behind a lot of shittiness that goes on around the world.

• Hook 'Em 4

22 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

No. January 6th changed all that, sorry. It’s one thing to look past being a dick, or even corrupt. It’s another to look past leading a terrorist attack on the Capital to stop the transfer of power. Your other brother knows better. That’s why it’s worse.

but he's church-going!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

No. January 6th changed all that, sorry. It’s one thing to look past being a dick, or even corrupt. It’s another to look past leading a terrorist attack on the Capital to stop the transfer of power. 

Dude.  It was Antifa.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Imagine spending $120 million to win 20k of votes in Iowa.  

Book title, "Ron DeSantis, the life of a dipshit in white wading boots" 

That's $6,000 a piece if you're scoring at home.  

A better strategy would have been to just buy the damn votes.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

That's $6,000 a piece if you're scoring at home.  

A better strategy would have been to just buy the damn votes.

According to Fox News and their economists, that's enough to buy 2 dozen eggs!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

He tried to run an anti-Trump campaign by being…trumpier than Trump. He talks about how pathetic it is to kiss the ring. Then he drops out…and immediately endorses Trump and kisses the ring.

Page 1 of the book “Every Accusation is a Confession” will start with “Republicans’ constant use of the term ‘cuck.’” These “men” are the cuckiest bunch of cucks to ever cuck. Its pathetic. They’re pathetic. Every man in America should put on orange makeup and a cotton candy wig and rail Casey in front of Ron just to hear him thank you for fucking his wife silly.

Shark Tank Writing GIF