Texas opens as an 11 point favorite v Colorado

TexasMan

20 minutes ago, jinx said:

Easily the most frustrating part of the Tom Herman era has been the potential shown in bowl games.  Whether we are talking about the Super Punter vs Mizzou Bowl or the Sugar Bowl against Georgia or last year's beat down of Utah, the team that shows up for the bowl hasn't been seen the entire season prior.  That coach was / is the coach a lot of us Texas fans thought we had signed up to coach our team 365 days a year.  Turns out he just coaches about 30 days a year instead.

I expect us to beat CU senseless, since that is what Tom Herman teams do in bowls.  They also lose back to back to Maryland.

Well said!!!!!!!! And so true because I have felt the same way. “Why didn’t we see this during the regular season?” You get excited and optimistic for the next year, and . . . 

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Middle of Texas Defense might struggle early...  No TQ, No Sterns, No C.Brown, and No Juwan first half

• TEXAS starting freshman Defense:  DT, LB, Safety
  • Offense starting freshmen:  OT, OC, OG, RB

All starters on Colorado OL are healthy for the first time since their first game.  Anxious to see if Tyler Johnson is starting today...

2 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

There a depth chart for tonight? I can't keep up with the moving pieces

I’m sure it’s a mess. Our OL will probably be pretty rough, but I’m excited to see what the young guys can do. Majors looked really, really good for a TR FR against KSU and Karic has looked solid in mop up duty. If those two guys pan out, then our OL outlook will be a lot brighter the next couple years. 

Yeah this will be a complete blowout. I don’t put much stock in the Utah game. Now THAT is what a team that doesn’t want to be there looks like. Georgia really did want to beat our ass and we punched them in the face. Herman can bring it for one fucking game every year and it’s always the bowl game. But we pay him to bring it at least 12 games a year, not 1.

But Mensa had less time this year to prepare. I doubt we blow them out but “should” win.

17 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

All starters on Colorado OL are healthy for the first time since their first game.  Anxious to see if Tyler Johnson is starting today...

Forgot to post this -- Pac-12 Player of the Year Jarek Broussard enters the game ranked second in the country in rushing yards per game (162.6), spearheading a running game ranked No. 18 nationally (218.4 yards per game)

So is Jones out?

Karic, Majors and Johnson are starting. Along with Angilau. The tweet made it seem we lost another tackle to Covid. Johnson for Okafor. Karic for Cosmi. Majors for Kerstetter.

Okafor was guard and was already reported as likely being out prior to today.

Who is the 5th starter?

6 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

So is Jones out?

Karic, Majors and Johnson are starting. Along with Angilau. The tweet made it seem we lost another tackle to Covid. Johnson for Okafor. Karic for Cosmi. Majors for Kerstetter.

Okafor was guard and was already reported as likely being out prior to today.

Who is the 5th starter?

It's talking about Okafor

16 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Lots of badasses in here.

Count me in the group looking forward to the game. Sorry we didn't get to play Kansas. Sorry I won't be attending live.

I expect a victory.

Damn negativity and bullshit is almost turning me into a Herman fan. That coming from someone who was never truly pumped about his arrival.

Man up and support your team. The guys that want to be here. The guys that will be representing you and your school. Never in our history has there been a time with more reasons to not play a game. Yet here they are. Representing all of us. Even the dumbasses amongst us.

But go ahead. Those of you wanting to talk your trash, talk it. Hide behind your electronic devices. I'd probably kick 75% of your butts. Some of you severely.

There. Take some of that.

Hook Em Horns.

User name definitely checks out 

I'm with y'all on the fact that we've looked great in the last two bowls and Colorado isn't very good, so we should throttle them, yadda, yadda.

But we're missing like half the guys who matter tonight.

And is Colorado any worse than TCU and Tech?  Because it took a series of small miracles to not go 0-2 in those games.

I'm nervous.  

Edited by TexArcher
On the other hand, if we lose, Herman should be publicly flogged then fired by noon tomorrow. So I guess we can't really lose.
  • Hook 'Em 1

we took my dad to the Alamo Bowl last year, after the game we hung around downtown until midnight and it was a blast. that seems like 5 years ago...

until i saw something on tv this morning i had literally forgotten we even had a game tonight. how very 2020. pfffft. 

He had an INT last year and occasionally has made plays here and there as a backup safety over his three years seeing the field. Got a TFL vs KSU in our last game.
Pretty sure he was a starting safety in last year's TCU game.

I was assuming he would have played WR tonight since he just recently requested that change.

What a mess it has become but what the hell game on.

I'm looking for Kai Money in a dual role of WR/S.

^

I feel ya.  How sad is it that there's a higher likelihood of Herman getting a raise after tonight than he is of being shitcanned?  

Somebody I take serious said Herman is gone.  But he told me that a month ago.  And we were both sober.  So I think we're proper fucked for 2021. 

But hey, the wife already is having wine with the neighbors in the street.  So time to start pre-gaming for the Alamo Bowl I guess.  

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

^

I feel ya.  How sad is it that there's a higher likelihood of Herman getting a raise after tonight than he is of being shitcanned?  

Somebody I take serious said Herman is gone.  But he told me that a month ago.  And we were both sober.  So I think we're proper fucked for 2021. 

But hey, the wife already is having wine with the neighbors in the street.  So time to start pre-gaming for the Alamo Bowl I guess.  

This is not true

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

This is not true

It's called hyperbole in 2020 dude, relax and have a drink.  Are you gonna tell me Santa Claus is not true, either?  

Let's just win the damn game and deal with January as it comes.  Sorry, didn't realize this was the dead serious thread.  

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

I'm with y'all on the fact that we've looked great in the last two bowls and Colorado isn't very good, so we should throttle them, yadda, yadda.

But we're missing like half the guys who matter tonight.

And is Colorado any worse than TCU and Tech?  Because it took a series of small miracles to not go 0-2 in those games.

I'm nervous.  

Listened to some statistical discussion on Colorado this morning.  Good rushing offense with great RB and decent QB.  Tonight's game will be first time since Game #1 with their entire OL healthy.  Defensive line would statistically be a top 3 or 4 DL in B12.  Third down defense is a strength.  Only loss was Utah, but their best defensive player was out and is also N/A for the Alamo Bowl.  Granted their wins were not against very good teams -- UCLA, Stanford, San Diego St, and Arizona

9 minutes ago, Dewey said:

I say we run the picket fence at em, just don't get caught watching the paint dry 

Have no idea how this game is going to play out, so many players and key players out. 

We'll win convincingly. Most, if not all of the young guys will shine. Then over the next few years, they will all regress and we'll wonder what happened to them.