A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, Tuco said:

Do you think she would be disbarred over it?  Do you think she would be jailed over it? 

well the FBI has tape of the documents being moved around - if she did so and didn't tell DOJ/FBI then she's probably fucked. 

12 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Based upon the information that has been provided to me, I am authorized to certify, on behalf of the Office of Donald J. Trump.."

That’s not going to cut it. That clause won’t mean anything to the FBI, DOJ or whatever state that holds her bar license 

4 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Do you think she would be disbarred over it?  Do you think she would be jailed over it? 

Yes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Who the fuck knows in this instance, it's so far outside the realm of normal lawyer.  Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if the trump appointed judge appointed rudy giuliani to be the special master, and the Supreme Court threw out the entire case on some made up grounds.  

Without knowing the specifics of this case, it's hard to know the consequences.  But at best for Bobb, she is disqualified from representing trump because she's now a witness to his lies in the ongoing case.  She may also be charged as a coconspirator if she signed that certification knowing that trump was hiding sensitive national security documents.  I imagine if she engaged in espionage she would be disbarred; I mean she did take an oath to protect and defend the Constitution.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

But at best for Bobb, she is disqualified from representing trump because she's now a witness to his lies in the ongoing case.  She may also be charged as a coconspirator if she signed that certification knowing that trump was hiding sensitive national security documents.  I imagine if she engaged in espionage she would be disbarred; I mean she did take an oath to protect and defend the Constitution.

Which is why it would make sense for her to go the informant route if she discovered Trump was still holding onto documents after she signed something that implied otherwise.  

This is all predicated on her being a reasonable person, which is not a safe assumption in the Trump world. It is also assuming that she later discovered, for a fact, that Trump was holding onto classified documents.  That I could definitely see, because Trump is physically incapable of shutting the fuck up.  

Edited by Tuco
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

QFT.

I literally just filed a pleading that had a declaration making the "after diligent search, no such records were found" affirmation.  My client made that affirmation.  Because the records are my CLIENT'S records.  I didn't do the search.  My client did.  I informed the client of what that needed to entail, in case they ever get cross-examined on the point.  That is, it actually does have to be a diligent search, something like "there are only three places this sort of record could reasonably be.  I searched all three places -- in each room, I searched all the file drawers, even the ones that weren't likely to contain the records.  None were found."

I can't recall ever signing a "diligent search" declaration myself, except maybe in reference to discovery materials I received from the other side -- something like "I have conducted a diligent search of the records provided by Plaintiff in discovery, and my search found no memorandum referencing safe storage procedures for treatment chemicals," or what have you.  And even then, I'm ready to back it up by describing what I did to search, down to my visual review of actual documents to what search terms I used for an OCR search.

For an attorney to sign an affidavit representing a diligent search when she didn't actually undertake the search.....well, that's what criminals do.

how can someone without the proper clearance, sign off on documents that they can’t see / read ?

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Rage+1 2

Former President Donald Trump walks in and out of rooms at Mar-a-Lago just to receive applause from guests because he loves the attention, a British filmmaker who interviewed him there told "The Bulwark Podcast."

"What Trump does in Mar-a-Lago and why he loves it there so much is that he just walks around where people are having dinner just to get a round of applause," filmmaker Alex Holder told "The Bulwark Podcast" in an episode that aired on Tuesday.

"So he will just walk into the dinner area ... there will be a cheer, and then he will go out, and then he'll go back in again, and go out," Holder added. "He just loves that admiration." 

Holder interviewed the former president at Mar-a-Lago in March 2021 as part of his documentary, "Unprecedented." The series portrays the Trump family before, during, and after the 2020 presidential election.

The filmmaker had also interviewed Trump once in the White House on December 7, 2020, and once at his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, in May 2021. 

In the podcast, Holder described the former president as a "simple, but very unusual" man, who has an "inability to understand why people don't like him unless he doesn't like them first."

"That is the world he lives in. He is incapable of understanding anything other than total and absolute admiration towards him," Holder said, adding that it was these qualities that made it "frustrating" to interview Trump. 

"You could never go deep with him," he said.

Trump has hosted opulent parties, political speeches, and fundraisers at his Mar-a-Lago estate since he bought the sprawling property for $8 million in 1985.

He turned Mar-a-Lago into a private club ten years later, and now charges members an annual fee of $14,000, with an additional $2,000 dining minimum.

Earlier this month the FBI executed a search warrant at Mar-a-Lago and seized about 20 boxes worth of material from the estate, including 11 sets marked as classified. 

• Haha 1

True dat, but it does take a few minutes to load the Rascal.  

(pos rep to Fletcher, we had the same wisecrack.  Said "just now" for a few minutes" but now it's apparent he beat me by 31 seconds.)

Speaking of beating if for 31 seconds, Eric Trump has been awfully silent this week despite the massive news pouring out again in the last 31 hours from Florida.

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Former President Donald Trump walks in and out of rooms at Mar-a-Lago just to receive applause from guests because he loves the attention, a British filmmaker who interviewed him there told "The Bulwark Podcast."

"What Trump does in Mar-a-Lago and why he loves it there so much is that he just walks around where people are having dinner just to get a round of applause," filmmaker Alex Holder told "The Bulwark Podcast" in an episode that aired on Tuesday.

"So he will just walk into the dinner area ... there will be a cheer, and then he will go out, and then he'll go back in again, and go out," Holder added. "He just loves that admiration." 

Holder interviewed the former president at Mar-a-Lago in March 2021 as part of his documentary, "Unprecedented." The series portrays the Trump family before, during, and after the 2020 presidential election.

The filmmaker had also interviewed Trump once in the White House on December 7, 2020, and once at his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, in May 2021. 

In the podcast, Holder described the former president as a "simple, but very unusual" man, who has an "inability to understand why people don't like him unless he doesn't like them first."

"That is the world he lives in. He is incapable of understanding anything other than total and absolute admiration towards him," Holder said, adding that it was these qualities that made it "frustrating" to interview Trump. 

"You could never go deep with him," he said.

Trump has hosted opulent parties, political speeches, and fundraisers at his Mar-a-Lago estate since he bought the sprawling property for $8 million in 1985.

He turned Mar-a-Lago into a private club ten years later, and now charges members an annual fee of $14,000, with an additional $2,000 dining minimum.

Earlier this month the FBI executed a search warrant at Mar-a-Lago and seized about 20 boxes worth of material from the estate, including 11 sets marked as classified. 

Serious journalist documents least surprising story every. Also, water: still wet.

Edited by aggie08
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

You’re assuming the Murdochs won’t distance FNC from at least some of Trump’s minions if things continue on the current path.

You're also assuming that Trump won’t  throw her under the bus and try and make her take the fall.

Fair point. Maybe she’s banking on CNN’s new RW outreach.

We may have to revise downward his mental age. Even a 2 year old understands the concept of object permanence. Based on that report, he may not understand that it’s the same people applauding him when he goes back into the same room. 

8-10 months is when babies learn object permanence, so there’s the ceiling. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

We may have to revise downward his mental age. Even a 2 year old understands the concept of object permanence. Based on that report, he may not understand that it’s the same people applauding him when he goes back into the same room. 

Holy shit, I know you're cracking wise.  But my wife works with young kids who have difficulty with the idea of object permanence (and how it colors their language).  And she and her colleagues have frequently said (in addition to a whole myriad of issues with Trump's speech/vocab) that he displays a marked lack of object permanence understanding given his inflection and use of past/future tenses at in appropriate junctures in verbal speech.  That he may not truly grasp that people are already in the room he arrives to greet them/receive adulation may really be a thing. 

I mean, fuck.  At this point in the simulation...this may as well also be a fucking thing.    

1 minute ago, RDCanecutter said:

Noem's calculating a heading and burn rate that allows her to slingshot around the gravity of Exploding Star Trump and rocket along into Imperial Queen status

Based on Star Trek, that should catapult us back several decades.  Sounds about right for the GOP.   

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

59 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

But at best for Bobb, she is disqualified from representing trump because she's now a witness to his lies in the ongoing case.  She may also be charged as a coconspirator if she signed that certification knowing that trump was hiding sensitive national security documents.  

I'm surprised that DOJ accepted this Certification as an indication of compliance with the Subpoena.  It has all sorts of indicators of unreliability.

• "I have been designated to serve as Custodian of Records" rather then "I am Custodian of Records".  (Who made the designation?  When?)
  • "Based upon information that has been provided to me . . . "  (What information?  Who provided it?  When?)
  • The information is true "to the best of my knowledge."  (What is the knowledge and how was it acquired?)

This is hardly a document that can be used as a basis for perjury.  It would not be considered as competent evidence in a civil case. 

Edited by Horndog
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Horndog said:

I'm surprised that DOJ accepted this Certification as an indication of compliance with the Subpoena.  It has all sorts of indicators of unreliability.

• "I have been designated to serve as Custodian of Records" rather then "I am Custodian of Records".  (Who made the designation?  When?)
  • "Based upon information that has been provided to me . . . "  (What information?  Who provided it?  When?)
  • The information is true "to the best of my knowledge."  

This is hardly a document that can be used as a basis for perjury.  It would not be considered as competent evidence in a civil case. 

I’m going to disagree with you. She submitted a statement to the FBI with the intent of communicating in substance that she/Trump did a search and no documents responsive to the subpoena were left behind. You don’t get to lie to the FBI bc you put some BS “to the best of my knowledge” statement. She knew or should have known the statement was false. This is obstruction

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Not being Surly Elite, I'm pretty sure I could be very comfortable for the rest of my quiet, reputationally ruined life with 20 million smackers.

Me I'd be a reputationally ruined 20-millionaire, but quiet? Never. The entourage of dwarves with cymbals would ensure that.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, kevwun said:

Yeah, she's gonna need to hire a lawyer.  She should consider cooperating.  Or not, it depends if she wants to go to jail and is smart enough to figure out Trump doesn't give a shit about what happens to her.

image.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I’m going to disagree with you. She submitted a statement to the FBI with the intent of communicating in substance that she/Trump did a search and no documents responsive to the subpoena were left behind. You don’t get to lie to the FBI bc you put some BS “to the best of my knowledge” statement. She knew or should have known the statement was false. This is obstruction

Quite likely.  But my point is that the DOJ could have pushed back and required a stronger certification based on actual knowledge and without the qualifiers.  Especially since this involved highly sensitive document. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Horndog said:

• The information is true "to the best of my knowledge."  (What is the knowledge and how was it acquired?)

Agreed on perjury.  But she signed a certification to mislead the FBI about national security crimes her client committed.  She either helped him commit those crimes and/or helped him cover them up with this certification. Someone, either Bobb, or Trump, or both, attempted to mislead the FBI about national security information.  Either way she should be fucked from a legal standpoint.  Whether she actually is with a trump appointed judiciary, who the fuck knows.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

If it is true that the investigators requested to confirm visually her attestation that no documents remained and were denied, she is fucked

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Horndog said:

Quite likely.  But my point is that the DOJ could have pushed back and required a stronger certification based on actual knowledge and without the qualifiers.  Especially since this involved highly sensitive document. 

Or they could have searched for the documents themselves, once it was clear that trump along with his legal team was obstructed.   If trump didn't want to submit a real certification, I'm not sure why it's on the FBI to ask trump's attorneys to do their job.

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Ugh. That’s so dumb. Let’s give him several more months to lie to the public before taking any action to enforce the laws

James Comey - wait, what? You can do that? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 5

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

I wouldn't take that bet.  Sex.  No way anyone slept with that orange blob without upfront payment, or at least upfront payment to Jeffrey Epstein.

You're crazy. If during one of his rallies he said that Melanie wasn't putting out and he needed some, there would be women stripped down with their legs spread before he could finish the sentence. 

Shit, I won't even sign a trademark application on behalf of a client and all they are swearing to is dates of use and that the mark is in exclusive use in commerce.

There's zero chance of anyone being prosecuted for perjury in a trademark application, but false statements can jeopardize validity and ain't no one got time for that.

32 minutes ago, Horndog said:

Yeah it is a grossly incompetent verification for summary judgment purposes, among others, and I am surprised they accepted it.  But they were still soft-pedaling a bit even with the grand jury subpoena.

23 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Agreed on perjury.  But she signed a certification to mislead the FBI about national security crimes her client committed.  She either helped him commit those crimes and/or helped him cover them up with this certification. Someone, either Bobb, or Trump, or both, attempted to mislead the FBI about national security information.  Either way she should be fucked from a legal standpoint.  Whether she actually is with a trump appointed judiciary, who the fuck knows.

trump has his fall guy !

26 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Ugh. That’s so dumb. Let’s give him several more months to lie to the public before taking any action to enforce the laws

I was wondering when the 60 day policy was going to come up. They probably won't be ready by 9/10 so they wait until the day after the election. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I was wondering when the 60 day policy was going to come up. They probably won't be ready by 9/10 so they wait until the day after the election. 

I mean they got that 40 pages together pretty fucking fast. I don't think it's that hard to tighten up a case that's already fucking bulletproof. 

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

I mean they got that 40 pages together pretty fucking fast. I don't think it's that hard to tighten up a case that's already fucking bulletproof. 

Well, the next step is to discover whether and what he did with all this shit.  It would seem that they have been working on that to some extent from January forward, but it all depends on what classified information they found and where.  It would seem that what was in the original 15 boxes was all "dead letters," while the most recent stuff would seem the most likely to have been misused as it was a) close at hand and b) withheld from the prior two productions for some reason, likely to be nefarious.

I'm not sure that I agree that yesterday's filing indicates commitment to indictment.  It was filed in response to Trump's motion, after all.  The acid test is going to be whether there is evidence of misuse of the documents.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement