A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Not to be that guy, but isn't "permanently suspended" an oxymoron?

There is talk of "Double-Secret" Suspension.  

9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Every accusation is a confession.  As usual.

This.

The response to accounts being suspended because they call for violent action and murder....is to promise violent action and murder.

We have a real-deal terrorist movement here, folks.  And here's the dirty little secret -- we've had it for years.  This is just when it finally comes to fruition.  It was ALWAYS going to end this way.

31 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I believe they ban any other accounts. Plus and more importantly, he loses all his followers. They would all have to find the new account and follow it. Twitter would just ban that one when they found it. It's like a Surly timeout. Don't start another account or your facing a bigger ban. 

Isn't the official POTUS account still up?  Does he ever use that one anymore?

For anyone crying censorship or bemoaning this suspension of Twitter privileges - I'm looking at you Ed Snowden - the fact that yelling "FIRE!!" in a crowded theater is not free speech also means that setting a crowded theater ablaze yourself does not guarantee free speech either.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

I assume he means remove the app from the store.

Wrong. It doesn’t work anymore on my iPhone. I have no problem banning Trump from Twitter. Disabling a whole app that was an alternative to Twitter is bullshit move by Apple 

Edited by Macklemore

6 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Wrong. It doesn’t work anymore on my iPhone. I have no problem banning Trump from Twitter. Disabling a whole app that was an alternative to Twitter is bullshit move by Apple 

The app was literally being used to coordinate and disseminate plans to violently attack the capital, the inauguration, and numerous elected officials.  No hyperbole, that's exactly what numerous Parler posters were doing.  It's not a bullshit move.  It's what any entity with even a FAKE conscience would do.

Want to solve that?  Don't hang out with a bunch of fucking psychopaths who call for a mass attack on the inauguration and the murder of the president elect and numerous other officials.  It's SUPER easy.  See, even a piss-poor site like Surly can pull it off - just have a simple policy of "hey, don't call for violence murder, okay?" and follow it, and you too can be on a board where you can say crude funny or unfunny shit, look at pictures your mom wouldn't approve of, etc.  So easy, even a caveman can do it!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I'm sure they wont ban the apps that arent CURRENTLTY BEING USED TO PLAN AN ATTACK ON DC ON 1/20.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I'm sure they wont ban the apps that arent CURRENTLTY BEING USED TO PLAN AN ATTACK ON DC ON 1/20.

I think disabling the app is a dangerous move and is like throwing gas on a fire. It’s going to amp up the persecution complex of his followers and does nothing to cool things down. Parler their own terms of service against incitement of violence. It’s a bad look and it will piss off your regular joe conservative. It’s too broad of a net being cast 

Edited by Macklemore
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I think disabling the app is a dangerous move and is like throwing gas on a fire. It’s going to amp up the persecution complex of his followers and does nothing to cool things down. Parler their own terms of service against incitement of violence. It’s a bad look and it will piss off your regular joe conservative. It’s too broad of a net being cast 

If the Apple store doesn't leave up the app where people are planning violence the people on the app might plan violence!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

No it isn’t.

Parler violates the App Store’s TOS. Apple can refuse any app they wish.
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The app was literally being used to coordinate and disseminate plans to violently attack the capital, the inauguration, and numerous elected officials.  No hyperbole, that's exactly what numerous Parler posters were doing.  It's not a bullshit move.  It's what any entity with even a FAKE conscience would do.

Want to solve that?  Don't hang out with a bunch of fucking psychopaths who call for a mass attack on the inauguration and the murder of the president elect and numerous other officials.  It's SUPER easy.  See, even a piss-poor site like Surly can pull it off - just have a simple policy of "hey, don't call for violence murder, okay?" and follow it, and you too can be on a board where you can say crude funny or unfunny shit, look at pictures your mom wouldn't approve of, etc.  So easy, even a caveman can do it!

Well, they could send letters via the United States Postal Service....oh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Maybe don’t hang out with a bunch of treasonous assholes and fucking get over yourselves.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to A story about a pathetic man's downfall
  • Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement