A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

11 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I never believed that these folks would go on a killing spree after the election either. 99.99999999 percent of the cult will never commit an act of killing because that means you are going to jail and you are not getting out of that charge. I would expect them to find a way to continue to communicate, but now the DOJ will coordinate again with the rest of the country and squash things before they get to the point they got to this week. Anyone expecting an all-out civil war is taking things several bridges too far.

Right. And what would civil war even look like in this case? Every Karen yelling at every manager? Chads with horns screaming and running into buildings for a selfie? Those boogaloos are the ones to worry about and their social media use and dependence means their already tracked and targeted. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m worried about shit like OKC building bombings and damage to utilities . I just think these people are idiots that will/have Telegraph their strategy 

13 minutes ago, fakebusiness said:

I, for one, welcome our new technocratic overlords.

Just going by the numbers a decent % of those are a realistic domestic terrorism threat. I hate to think it, but chances are one of those fuckwits is going to do or attempt to do something awful. It's fucking sad. 

the future in America is one of rampant domestic terrorism and the loss of privacy and rights. The authorities have to figure out how to actually combat this shit and that won't be pretty either. and its deep rooted across many generations of disenfranchised white males that aren't getting the pussy the American dream promised them. 

Remember this pussyless dude? good luck with 10s of millions of them now and their occasional Karenablers that are riding shotgun

_107083055_054149397.jpg

23 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Hmmm... I have called Goebbels Barbie MUCH worse on there and gotten away with it.

Not clear how it works on there, if Twitter catches it or someone reports it and Twitter acts on it.  I was pretty rude and crude on Twitter but got kicked off for using the See You Next Tuesday one too many times and for telling someone to Take the loss, pussy.  Have one account suspended and another on a timeout but haven't removed offending posts and remain in TO going on 2 months now I believe. 

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I guess you do accidentally raise a valid alternative hypothesis for your absence. Once we decided to start calling stupid posts and opinions what they are (you know, stupid) instead of trying to slowly help those posters see how dumb they were being your participation dropped off. 

And that's how this political forum in a GOP state never saw any volume of posts with stupid bullshit about the election being stolen or other Q nonsense. Versus TexAgs, for example. 

So it worked I guess? 

I would LOVE to know how many Q believers we have here on ol' Surly. 

1 minute ago, NAVY said:

Right. And what would civil war even look like in this case? Every Karen yelling at every manager? Chads with horns screaming and running into buildings for a selfie? Those boogaloos are the ones to worry about and their social media use and dependence means their already tracked and targeted. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m worried about shit like OKC building bombings and damage to utilities . I just think these people are idiots that will/have Telegraph their strategy 

Man, they already fucking seized the Capitol at the best possible time for them to do so, when it should have been under the highest protection it is ever under. I'd say they've accomplished quite a fucking lot.

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Man, they already fucking seized the Capitol at the best possible time for them to do so, when it should have been under the highest protection it is ever under. I'd say they've accomplished quite a fucking lot.

They kicked a giant. It’s ass stomping time 

The Trump movement has now committed a terrorist attack on American soil. How much consideration should we give to the intellectual underpinnings of the movement that believes that invading the Capitol building will stop the election and resurrect JFK Jr. or whatever? Did we demand that Bin Laden's videos be broadcast nightly so the radical Muslim terrorists could "blow off steam" or so we could soberly consider their viewpoint?

Fucking this. The Trump nut job movement is a fucking terrorist movement. That’s not hyperbole - they’ve consummated the act by attacking Congress, attempting to derail the Constitution, and actively seeking to decapitate an entire branch of government.

Social media is not obligated to give terrorists an “outlet.” They’re fucking obligated to shut them fucking down. Don’t want to be shut down? Don’t be a fucking terrorist talking about and planning terrorist things. It’s not that hard.
  • Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

“Jared has been telling people, ‘Don’t even deal with him anymore,’” one adviser said. “Mark’s responsible for bringing kook after crazy after conniver after Rudy into the West Wing.”

This is like the 5th article that I've read in 4 years trying to paint Jared as the voice of reason in the room. Stop it. Trump isn't his father--he doesn't owe him family loyalty--and he knows damn well Ivanka has his ear. If he's been ignored for 4 years, and it's bothered him so, speak out.

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Reddit is basically a billion message boards under one roof. Locations-politics-sports- you name it, there’s something. The conspiracy subreddit just lost its moderator it appears

yes, and add to it that you can create new boards for your fringe topic. The moderators are the equivalent of the ones here but for specific boards not the whole site.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Which Parler was choosing not to enforce.  You saw the posts from there.  Apple decided they didn't want to distribute an app that people were using for violent means.  But Apple did not block it through the website - you were still free to fire up Safari or Firefox or whatever and access it.

They stormed a sitting session of Congress, trying to disrupt a Constitutional process.  They killed a police officer.

How much fucking farther can they be radicalized?

For fuck's sake, some of them were carrying zip ties to capture people.

Not to mention the real explosive devices they left in the congressional chamber.

It's how stupid they are, to think that a massive tech giant would not have thought through and had eyes peeled for every attempt to get back on the platform and be ready to snuff it out at a moments notice.  Unlike Cap Police they clearly thought through things.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Trump is such a loser. 

Biden should make a deal to end the impeachment proceedings. All Trump has to do is admit that he's been knowingly spreading falsehoods and conspiracies about the election and COVID--and many other things throughout his presidency--to cause division and ramp up his base. Easy peasy, Donnie. A few sentences should do. We'll all hold our breaths.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 3

Some of the right leaning message boards are really unhappy and deleting their accounts in solidarity and then gleefully watching the stock price. The constitution lovers are saying that the government is being censored by a private company. Is that like a Negative First Amendment?

2 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Weird
I enjoyed wrestling for about two years as a kid during the hey day of your Hulk Hogans and Rowdy Rody Pipers and all that hokey drama
Then I started asking my bros to change the channel or I was hanging elsewhere.
And I did.

Cool for you, I just don't get it.

Spoken like someone who didn't say their prayers and eat their vitamins growing up.

The impeachment trial apparently will not end when Biden is elected. Senate conviction would preclude the specter of a second Trump term, reduce the chances of a third party splintering R votes, and would also ensure any conspirators in the Cracker Barrel Rebellion cannot be pardoned. Impeach the narcissist, and this time, convict his ass.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Clarity
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Continental Op said:

I would LOVE to know how many Q believers we have here on ol' Surly. 

I would think very few, because those Q motherfuckers have a hard time refraining from telling people they need to take the green pill or red pill or whatever.

It's the very nature of their movement - they can't shut the fuck up about how they are enlightened and the rest of us aren't.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Fucking this. The Trump nut job movement is a fucking terrorist movement. That’s not hyperbole - they’ve consummated the act by attacking Congress, attempting to derail the Constitution, and actively seeking to decapitate an entire branch of government.

Social media is not obligated to give terrorists an “outlet.” They’re fucking obligated to shut them fucking down. Don’t want to be shut down? Don’t be a fucking terrorist talking about and planning terrorist things. It’s not that hard.

If a bunch of brown-skinned dudes speaking Arabic and ending their tweets with Allahu Akbar were tweeting out plans to march on the Capitol, or to rally a "militia" for a march closer to the inauguration, Trump and his millions of supporters would be screaming their heads off at twitter to ban those accounts.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to A story about a pathetic man's downfall
  • Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement