A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

15 minutes ago, miguelito said:

The leader of the free world spent the better part of the day trying to figure out how to post social media messages.

I’ve taken breaks from tech before and I suppose the difference is that it was MY choice, but I’m like ‘wth dude?’ He’s the President and we know he does little but watch tv and tweet, but it’s  surreal that he can’t find something to do; something besides a coup. Maybe get the band together again and have a COVID meeting or something. 

Wait, no. On second thought; how long before he does the tv rallies again? Crap. 

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 1

Brother Brisket - the actual death toll / injuries absolutely has not gotten worse than I thought.   And when it comes to rhetoric and bullshit - I actually was constantly arguing with Trump morons that the minute they lose they would riot and break shit the exact same way BLM/antifa did - guess what?  They handled losing exactly how I thought they would...lots of crying and breaking shit.  "Hey at least Trump supporters don't destroy our city durrrrr..."  Yeah, they only trash our nation's capital.  Fucking morons. 
Going back years... I would constantly tell a shitload of acquaintances - many of who became trumptards - our country wasn't going to be attacked by a bunch of crazy muslims from within.  This was well after 9/11.  Yes we saw some isolated incidents.  But it never felt like there was something like a coordinated attack on the way.  Some crazies that went off and killed a few here and there (still sad) but I see these dipshits in the same light.  
Maybe Muslims are largely a peaceful people?
Especially here in the states.
Far Right is our greatest threat; always has been. They do most of the damage.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I would LOVE to know how many Q believers we have here on ol' Surly. 
Ignorance is bliss bro. Don't talk politics with family, don't check Tex AG's, ignore fuckheads.
I don't need it
I can always think dumb thoughts and understand how Tex Ags or someone like Icono or Fox News will react to most any event much like one can imagine a dumb fuck missing the pool from the third story balcony- without actually having to watch. Why bother.

3 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Parler is a platform and is viewpoint neutral. It is not Goebbels ministry of propaganda. Any tool can be used to further violence. Apple is not disabling Telegram, WhatsApp and Facebook. Telegram especially has been used by radical groups. They did go after a platform favored by the right. That is not going to go over well

Congrats for posting the dumbest thing. I’ve read on the internet today. 

We all know what Parler is you twat. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

“Donald Trump is doing a great job”

- @Johnny Sack

Thanks to COVID the sack family grocery stores are doing pretty good. Our trust fund baby is living more large and has plenty of money left over to spend 10k on his watching rats fuck hobby. 

Personally I think its pretty frucking gross and weird but he seems to enjoy it. To each his own I guess.

23 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Maybe Muslims are largely a peaceful people?
Especially here in the states.
Far Right is our greatest threat; always has been. They do most of the damage.

I'd agree - just pointing out the madness about Muslims was blown out of proportion and lone wolf attacks will always occur.  A large coordinated bloody attack?  I don't see it.  Again, I'm sure Brisket hopes I'm right too but these people love talking shit and making noise.  They have had PLENTY of chances to kill lots of people and have done close to zero.  Let's be honest...the way cops treat Trumptards they can get away with a fuckload more than the rest of the general public. 

I'd agree - just pointing out the madness about Muslims was blown out of proportion and lone wolf attacks will always occur.  A large coordinated bloody attack?  I don't see it.  Again, I'm sure Brisket hopes I'm right too but these people love talking shit and making noise.  They have had PLENTY of chances to kill lots of people and have done close to zero.  Let's be honest...the way cops treat Trumptards they can get away with a fuckload more than the rest of the general public. 

Yeah....that’s actually my other worry. As complicit and compromised that law enforcement is, the next putsch may well work. So, no murderous spree - just a simple destruction/seizure of control of our government.

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

They were more than welcome to enforce their own fucking guidelines about violence and hate speech instead of, you know, allowing extremists to plan and organize the events of the 6th and, from the looks of it, more to come.

But any moderation is a violation of free speech!

ISIS openly recruited and had several Twitter accounts glorifying their atrocities. Twitter was never de-platformed. 75 million of our fellow citizens voted for this asshole. Lumping them all in with the schmucks who stormed the Capitol and further inflaming the “Big Tech is out to silence us” critique amongst them is not the way to deal with right wing expression. Apple has given those that feel way tons of ammunition by their very real and not imagined action. Again, deal with terrorists and would he rebels planning violence as swiftly as possible no matter the platform being used. The fact is that millions of our fellow right wing citizens migrated to Parler because of they felt there was greater freedom of expression. Just like we all are here as opposed to orange bloods or hornfans back in the day. Doesn’t make them Nazis or sympathetic to the thugs who desecrated our Capitol

• Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....that’s actually my other worry. As complicit and compromised that law enforcement is, the next putsch may well work. So, no murderous spree - just a simple destruction/seizure of control of our government.

Joe Biden and their admin have a lot of work to do - maybe they're finally getting the help we needed from these asshole social media companies.  You've been right about a ton of shit, there's zero doubt.  I'll give credit where it's due - I guess I'm just hoping it comes up my color this time. 

• Like 1

Biden should make a deal to end the impeachment proceedings. All Trump has to do is admit that he's been knowingly spreading falsehoods and conspiracies about the election and COVID--and many other things throughout his presidency--to cause division and ramp up his base. Easy peasy, Donnie. A few sentences should do. We'll all hold our breaths.

What deal? Donald has already admitted it to all of these many times over.

“Im downplaying the virus”

“liberate Michigan!”

“liberate Pennsylvania!”

“i will never concede!”

“lets march to the capital!”

I wonder how long it will be before the WH Comms team starts pushing out directives for agency portals to post POTUS’ messages. Will not surprise me.

Imagine traveling back to 2016 and telling people at a precinct “if you vote the wrong way today, then in 2021 Twitter will block the official POTUS account because it was used to encourage a mob to attack the U.S.capitol.”

It somehow all ended worse than we imagined. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Are any of you all astronomers or physicists? I ask because at that party with Vanilla Ice recently, Don Jr was talking about how awesome the nineties were and now he’s talking about 1984. I think he’s sniffing his way to retrograde.

I sort of am (not professional), but sorry, none of the rest of your post made sense. :)

11 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

ISIS openly recruited and had several Twitter accounts glorifying their atrocities. Twitter was never de-platformed. 75 million of our fellow citizens voted for this asshole. Lumping them all in with the schmucks who stormed the Capitol and further inflaming the “Big Tech is out to silence us” critique amongst them is not the way to deal with right wing expression. Apple has given those that feel way tons of ammunition by their very real and not imagined action. Again, deal with terrorists and would he rebels planning violence as swiftly as possible no matter the platform being used. The fact is that millions of our fellow right wing citizens migrated to Parler because of they felt there was greater freedom of expression. Just like we all are here as opposed to orange bloods or hornfans back in the day. Doesn’t make them Nazis or sympathetic to the thugs who desecrated our Capitol

I never said everyone on Parler is a Nazi. But there were blatant calls for violence and out in the open planning and venue/date scheduling. Earlier in the day, Apple warned them that they had 24 hours to clean their shit up. I'm guessing they were met with what amounts to fuck off. If so, not sure what choice they had at that point.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

You have a strange boner for a platform that’s nothing but nazis and pedophiles.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Thanks to COVID the sack family grocery stores are doing pretty good. Our trust fund baby is living more large and has plenty of money left over to spend 10k on his watching rats fuck hobby. 

Personally I think its pretty frucking gross and weird but he seems to enjoy it. To each his own I guess.

I thought they sold out so missed out on the biggest bonanza in grocery store history.

I'm here for the for the outstanding fucking wit, tit pics, some football talk on occasion when we're good, beer talk, Big Tony updates, Fletch and The Jerk references, and any discussion that mocks Trump, Cruz, Ladybugs and the rest of the scumbags that constitute the current GOP.

With that said, what were we talking about?

Edit to add: I also enjoy talking about "what I've cooked lately". Felt that was important as well.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

This is a very dumb take. Perhaps you would feel more comfortable on your nazi Parler site where you are freely allowed to post you dumb takes at will. Don’t forget to talk about the Jews and the global conspiracy while you’re at it. Fare thee well.

1 minute ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

I'm here for the for the outstanding fucking wit, tit pics, some football talk on occasion when we're good, beer talk, Big Tony updates, Fletch and The Jerk references, and any discussion that mocks Trump, Cruz, Ladybugs and the rest of the scumbags that constitute the current GOP.

With that said, what were we talking about?

Yeah but on Parler you can talk about the good part of the holocaust. Can’t do that here. 

31 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I understand what you are getting at but more than 74 million people voted for Donald Trump in this election. 74 million fucking people lived through the last 4 years (not to mention Trump’s pre-president life) and decided he was the right choice to be the most powerful person in the world. There are probably less than 4 million American Muslims. 

Of course 99% of those people are not interested in inciting violence. Some just would never vote for a Democrat and some will mostly lose interest in politics if their orange god isn’t in the spotlight.

Still, there is something going on here, he’s somehow really resonated with a massive number of our populous and he seems intent on fanning the flames. It’s not crazy to be worried about large scale violence  

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, UncleSonny said:

I understand what you are getting at but more than 74 million people voted for Donald Trump in this election. 74 million fucking people lived through the last 4 years (not to mention Trump’s pre-president life) and decided he was the right choice to be the most powerful person in the world. There are probably less than 4 million American Muslims. 

Of course 99% of those people are not interested in inciting violence. Some just would never vote for a Democrat and some will mostly lose interest in politics if their orange god isn’t in the spotlight.

Still, there is something going on here, he’s somehow really resonated with a massive number of our populous and he seems intent on fanning the flames. It’s not crazy to be worried about large scale violence  

White supremacy has its appeal.

Just now, UncleSonny said:

I know a shitload of those voters.  Many of us do.  They simply vote for their wallet.  The actual supporters of his extreme far right BS are far fewer - still no excuse.  Fuck anyone that voted for him.  

And yes that’s still way more people then Muslims in this country - who are 99.99% amazing peaceful people.  Agree.  

But I’m still not convinced the clown fuckers join up and do anything.  Could I be wrong?  Of course.  

And by the way this was their Big Bang.  This was organized.  It was billed as their civil war.  What was the final body count?  Sorry, not buying it.  A bunch of idiots breaking shit and taking selfies. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

And by the way this was their Big Bang.  This was organized.  It was billed as their civil war.  What was the final body count?  Sorry, not buying it.  A bunch of idiots breaking shit and taking selfies. 

Fair, they are a fake militia playing dress-up and I could believe this. I hope it’s the case. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Are any of you all astronomers or physicists? I ask because at that party with Vanilla Ice recently, Don Jr was talking about how awesome the nineties were and now he’s talking about 1984. I think he’s sniffing his way to retrograde.
Snorting his way back to when his famiky was actually making money and not a laughing stock in NYC. Better keep chopping lines Jr...
Never going to fill that void sadly.

• immamac changed the title to A story about a pathetic man's downfall
  • Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement