A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

6 hours ago, The Dog said:

I think that is mostly true.

There is still some room for shenanigans regarding executive privilege and even what are and aren't Presidential Records.  But it looks like those issues are pretty safe with Dearie, if not Cannon, and they wouldn't much affect any criminal prosecution.

31 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

there's two things in the world i hate, and one of them is putting question marks at the end of non-question sentences.

"I will head up group???"

Um, since you asked, no, you will not head up group.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

How much do you want to bet that Trumo has regularly talked to Putin in the last 6 months to discuss this?

I mean it's kind of a "Duh, Macanudo" kind of thought but you know Trump has to have  violated the Logan act many times since he left office and not just with Russia.

The more I think about it, the more I think Trump should take it upon himself to fly to Kiev to meet with Zelensky and perhaps the mayor of Kiev.  It might be the first time a former American President is publicly executed by an ally, but that's a risk I am willing to take.  Give peace a chance is my motto.  Go save the world Donny John, no matter the consequences. We will be right behind you, pointing and laughing.  

• Hook 'Em 8

3 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

I’m just going to assume Florida has bootstraps and is prepared to pull themselves up by them.

Someone should record the migrants he shipped to Martha's Vineyard facetiming DeSantis' supporters in Naples (there's a LOT) and asking them how they're doing.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

Best part about the Chicago Tower is you have 20 tourists at anytime in the day or night taking a picture flipping the bird to it.

So fucking glad I moved out before dipshit was ever a story.  I already despise him, I can't imagine being stuck in that fucking place - was renting at least...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i forgot they pulled that gag in two of the movies. smell like cabbage, small hands. 

The second austin powers was basically all the same jokes as the first one and it's fucking hilarious to see that not only did nobody care but it was still funny the second time. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

In case anyone is wondering, 200,000 pages is absolutely nothing. Any number of vendors would have no problem at all with that in terms of volume. It is a very small job. 

No shit. My company gets all kinds of paperwork from clients every day.  I bet we scan and image 5 times that every week.   

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

In case anyone is wondering, 200,000 pages is absolutely nothing. Any number of vendors would have no problem at all with that in terms of volume. It is a very small job. 

This is correct.

However, in paper form, as seized, that equates to roughly 100 "bankers boxes."  And I don't think what was seized comprises anything near that, even translating "documents" to "pages."  And that's just sheets of paper, add in folders and objects and such and it might be 150 boxes to hold 200k "pages."

Also, and I'm not up on this anymore, but I think the job includes coding into a document manager and that does add some time to it, but no longer sure how much.

Not sure that all of that adds up.  ETA:  I don't mean your post, but the allegation that 11k documents = 200k pages.  It could, with each document averaging 20 pages, but none of that is consistent with the various property inventories, which list something like 20 boxes not anywhere near 100.

Edited by TwiceHorn

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

This is correct.

However, in paper form, as seized, that equates to roughly 100 "bankers boxes."  And I don't think what was seized comprises anything near that, even translating "documents" to "pages."  And that's just sheets of paper, add in folders and objects and such and it might be 150 boxes to hold 200k "pages."

Also, and I'm not up on this anymore, but I think the job includes coding into a document manager and that does add some time to it, but no longer sure how much.

Not sure that all of that adds up.

The scanning could be done in a day or two with 4 scanners. Coding is a bit more complex to answer as it would really depend upon what sort of coding the parties expect. Simply naming the files with bates numbers could be done automatically and take almost no additional time. If you want to identify parent/child relationships or foldering, it probably adds a day to the job. I suppose you could do really complicated coding based on document specific information like author and date. But frankly that just invites error and I can't imagine why it would be necessary.

• Hook 'Em 1

Also, now that the objections by Trump are clearer, it is also clear that he wants to avoid having to take a firm position on, much less swear to, anything that he can avoid doing so on.  That is always the characteristic of basically a liar in a court proceeding.  At times, that avoidance can be done rather stealthily and subtly and outside the presence of the judge, like mealy-mouthed answers on written discovery or motion responses.  This is pretty brazen, though.

Also, that shit can be gotten away with in your average civil case for quite a while because it won't be tested in front of a judge until trial gets pretty close (or motion for summary judgment), but when that comes up to the judge, like it's going to here in the next week or month with Dearie, Trump is going to get shut down:  offer proof or stfu.  No more weaseling around with "may" or "might" or "could." Did you, or did you not, and what proof do you have?

And it really underscores that Trump abhors any sort of definitive truth where he and controversy are concerned.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

The scanning could be done in a day or two with 4 scanners. Coding is a bit more complex to answer as it would really depend upon what sort of coding the parties expect. Simply naming the files with bates numbers could be done automatically and take almost no additional time. If you want to identify parent/child relationships or foldering, it probably adds a day to the job. I suppose you could do really complicated coding based on document specific information like author and date. But frankly that just invites error and I can't imagine why it would be necessary.

Yeah I don't know exactly what they have in mind.  And it seems fairly clear from the government that it really isn't a technical issue or even much of a timing issue, but an issue of being employed by and having privity of contract with Deadbeat J. Trump.

I'll add, 50 pages per hour per reviewer for a privilege only review is fucking ridiculous. Reviewers doing a full fucking review with tagging should well exceed that pace. I mean fuck, we routinely have litigations with millions to tens of millions of documents. Going at 50 pages per hour, we would literally never get a review done. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I'll add, 50 pages per hour per reviewer for a privilege only review is fucking ridiculous. Reviewers doing a full fucking review with tagging should well exceed that pace. I mean fuck, we routinely have litigations with millions to tens of millions of documents. Going at 50 pages per hour, we would literally never get a review done. 

Arguably, though, review for privilege (not just preliminarily) is more substantive than hogging through boxes of stuff for basically relevance and to/from/date.

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Arguably, though, review for privilege (not just preliminarily) is more substantive than hogging through boxes of stuff for basically relevance and to/from/date.

When we do reviews, we are looking at dozens of topics to categorize documents, not just relevance. Privilege is usually easy. Should be clear in about 5 seconds whether it is potentially attorney client. Similarly, I think it would be fairly clear at a glance whether a document is a personal record or potentially a presidential record. Executive privilege I guess might take a bit more to determine, but even then I think you could quickly identify whether a document could even arguably be subject to it.

• Hook 'Em 3

34 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

When we do reviews, we are looking at dozens of topics to categorize documents, not just relevance. Privilege is usually easy. Should be clear in about 5 seconds whether it is potentially attorney client. Similarly, I think it would be fairly clear at a glance whether a document is a personal record or potentially a presidential record. Executive privilege I guess might take a bit more to determine, but even then I think you could quickly identify whether a document could even arguably be subject to it.

I’ve even used AI for a privilege review before. There are many ways for that process to go quickly

• Hook 'Em 1

Do you guys have it set up to basically generate the privilege log from the "first pass," or just identify the potential documents for the log, as a separate operation?

I'd consider this akin to generating the log and a pretty careful one (as opposed to a first pass that hasn't been challenged), and, at least in my experience, that is a bit more painstaking than a first pass at documents.

But I don't do this day in and day out anymore and haven't for quite some time (one of the several things I don't miss about litigation).

Just now, BrickHorn said:

Surly lawyer shop talk is worst Surly. 

Well some of it is directed to figuring out how full of shit is Trump's team. 

This is a pretty unusual proceeding where a lot of Trump's usual tactics are going to be subject to public and judicial scrutiny in pretty real time.

We all pretty much know Trump's tendencies and how generally easy it can be for lawyers to carry that out, at least to a point, in a typical civil case.  But this ain't that.

29 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Do you guys have it set up to basically generate the privilege log from the "first pass," or just identify the potential documents for the log, as a separate operation?

I'd consider this akin to generating the log and a pretty careful one (as opposed to a first pass that hasn't been challenged), and, at least in my experience, that is a bit more painstaking than a first pass at documents.

But I don't do this day in and day out anymore and haven't for quite some time (one of the several things I don't miss about litigation).

I wouldn't want to create a detailed log on a first pass. It just isn't efficient. There is going to be a small universe of documents that are actually subject to privilege. You want the person creating the log to be able to go through that small set of documents rather than the whole universe. But, here, I'd actually argue the 1st pass would be good enough since it just determines what is going to the special master for review, at least so long as your first pass set isn't an overwhelming number of documents. But I wouldn't be surprised if Trump just calls everything privileged and makes the Special Master sort it out since it would take longer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement