A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is laughable at this point.  Garland and Wray are an embarrassing failure to this country. Sorry if you think they’re all of a sudden going to change course.  Trump isn’t being prosecuted, he’s being protected. 

Yeah, so they're dragging all those people up to grand juries in DC and having hearings before the DC District Court on executive privilege just for shits n grins as a part of their strategy to protect Trump.🙄🙄

And, since you blubbering twats don't seem to trust Garland, lil Fani Willis isn't doing much better with a much narrower investigation, that also doesn't involve another nearly 1,000 indicted defendants on related matters.

What course is is that you think they are not going to change?  The one where they seem to be investigating with all deliberate speed?

What you people don't seem to get is that when you are the plaintiff in a civil lawsuit, or the government in a prosecution, you do not file the case until your ducks are in as straight a row as you can get them, and you have all the ducks and haven't left any out.

And when the lawsuits are probably the biggest in this nation's history, you double-down again on your preparation.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, so they're dragging all those people up to grand juries in DC and having hearings before the DC District Court on executive privilege just for shits n grins as a part of their strategy to protect Trump.🙄🙄

And, since you blubbering twats don't seem to trust Garland, lil Fani Willis isn't doing much better with a much narrower investigation, that also doesn't involve another nearly 1,000 indicted defendants on related matters.

What course is is that you think they are not going to change?  The one where they seem to be investigating with all deliberate speed?

What you people don't seem to get is that when you are the plaintiff in a civil lawsuit, or the government in a prosecution, you do not file the case until your ducks are in as straight a row as you can get them, and you have all the ducks and haven't left any out.

And when the lawsuits are probably the biggest in this nation's history, you double-down again on your preparation.

He’s going to destroy the government. He’s been rather explicit about it. Keep thinking this system works. People need their faith I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Yeah, so they're dragging all those people up to grand juries in DC and having hearings before the DC District Court on executive privilege just for shits n grins as a part of their strategy to protect Trump.

Counterpoint: if you dither around and “prepare” to take on the enemy for so long that the enemy conquers you while you’re preparing, then the endless preparation cost you THE WHOLE FUCKING WAR. THE PREPARATION WAS POINTLESS.

I litigate for a living. I prepare like a motherfucker. But sometimes, I realize that the very thing I’m fighting to preserve will be completely destroyed, making the overall fight pointless, if I don’t act NOW. Sometimes, you have to go to court with the case you have, not the one you’d build if you had 10 years to build it. Because you don’t fucking have 10 years. We have around 20 months to get this done and convict that motherfucker. Less, really…because he’ll appeal for years.

Move. Go for the kill. Now. Because “later” doesn’t fucking matter.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He’s going to destroy the government. He’s been rather explicit about it. Keep thinking this system works. People need their faith I guess. 

Do you think this is Minority Report?  Is pre-crime supposed to nab him for expressing an intention?

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Counterpoint: if you dither around and “prepare” to take on the enemy for so long that the enemy conquers you while you’re preparing, then the endless preparation cost you THE WHOLE FUCKING WAR. THE PREPARATION WAS POINTLESS.

I litigate for a living. I prepare like a motherfucker. But sometimes, I realize that the very thing I’m fighting to preserve will be completely destroyed, making the overall fight pointless, if I don’t act NOW. Sometimes, you have to go to court with the case you have, not the one you’d build if you had 10 years to build it. Because you don’t fucking have 10 years. We have around 20 months to get this done and convict that motherfucker. Less, really…because he’ll appeal for years.

I mean, that is true as far as it goes.

But neither an indictment, nor even a conviction, will legally prevent him from running for/being elected President, although a jail sentence might make the actual execution of the office pretty challenging.

One might like to think that an indictment or conviction would practically prevent him from winning an election, but you keep telling me I overestimate the rubes.

Frankly, if indictment doesn't do it with whatever rationals are left in the electorate that might vote Trump, nothing will, so having him indicted is probably about as good as we can hope for.

I mean, that is true as far as it goes.
But neither an indictment, nor even a conviction, will legally prevent him from running for/being elected President, although a jail sentence might make the actual execution of the office pretty challenging.
One might like to think that an indictment or conviction would practically prevent him from winning an election, but you keep telling me I overestimate the rubes.
Frankly, if indictment doesn't do it with whatever rationals are left in the electorate that might vote Trump, nothing will, so having him indicted is probably about as good as we can hope for.

Meanwhile….we’re polishing the guns, oiling the tank treads, and getting the F-16s JUST RIGHT…while the enemy is overrunning our position and slaughtering us. Fight. Now. With everything you’ve got. And go for the kill.
You know, maybe FUCKING ACT LIKE THIS COUNTRY IS FUCKING WORTH FIGHTING FOR.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Update on the Mar-A-Lago Special Master proceeding.

There are a few more than 2900 documents (not-classified, apparently) still under consideration by the Special Master.

Of those, Trump claims one is attorney-client privileged and 121 are executive privileged.  He claims that several hundred are either personal records (which he can lawfully possess) or executive privileged, if not personal, which is a fucking ludicrous argument, as the statutory definition of personal record (not government-related) precludes executive privilege.

The government argues that all but the 122 allegedly privileged documents should be freed from the injunction and used in the investigation.  Seems persuasive.

The government also argues that Trump should have to file an affidavit as to the correctness of the inventory now that he has had the opportunity to review all the documents, which was the previous material objection to so doing.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Update on the Mar-A-Lago Special Master proceeding.

There are a few more than 2900 documents (not-classified, apparently) still under consideration by the Special Master.

Of those, Trump claims one is attorney-client privileged and 121 are executive privileged.  He claims that several hundred are either personal records (which he can lawfully possess) or executive privileged, if not personal, which is a fucking ludicrous argument, as the statutory definition of personal record (not government-related) precludes executive privilege.

The government argues that all but the 122 allegedly privileged documents should be freed from the injunction and used in the investigation.  Seems persuasive.

The government also argues that Trump should have to file an affidavit as to the correctness of the inventory now that he has had the opportunity to review all the documents, which was the previous material objection to so doing.

Isn’t the 11th Circuit hearing oral argument like next week or so regarding whether Canon had authority to hear the case at all, including whether a special master was warranted?

Its a possibility the appellate court removes any handcuffs on investigators/prosecution 

34 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This. They're treating this like a white collar criminal case where the perp is stealing money, rather than the violent crime it is.  Prosecutors don't let serial killers roam free until they perfect their case.  They arrest the killer before he murders more people. Meanwhile, they're letting trump destroy the country.

And, I'm not even sure we have 20 months.  The GQP will defund DOJ before they let trump be prosecuted.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Better than letting him run around free while trying to destroy democracy.

Indict his ass, arrest him, set bail at 20 quadrillion bajillion dollars then let the process run its course in due time.

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Mid December of what year?  And then after they rule how long for all the bullshit appeals?

It never fucking ends.

I mean, you get that the 11th Circuit is a Court of Appeals, right?  

The only place left to go on this is Supreme Court and they haven't been kind to Trumpy bear on this shit.

Don’t worry guys, after SCOTUS rules on his Personal Taxes being Released/Stolen Classified Docs/Jan 6/ Election Fraud/ Trump Org Tax Fraud / E.Jean Carrol Rape Defamation, he’s totally going to face some consequences 

Just let the legal system run it’s course. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

100 percent this.  He's still an existential threat to our country and he must be kept out of office at all costs.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

How's that whole Supreme Court tax returns thing working out?

Actually pretty well for everyone except the House Oversight Ways and Means Committee that kind of fucked it up.

Edit:  Vance/Manhattan DA has had the returns for a year, Oversight for several months as a result of Trump v. Mazars, Ways and Means is a separate suit entirely that had never been to the Supreme Court.

Note that there were/are three "Trump tax suits."  One was Vance issuing a criminal subpoena and that resulted in Vance getting the returns.  One was Oversight issuing a congressional subpoena, and after some post-SCOTUS delay, they have the returns.

The latest variant is different.  Ways and Means, the current suit, sought Trump's returns from a provision in the IRC that allows them to have them in certain circumstances.  No subpoena.  They probably could have coupled the request with a subpoena and gotten them just as Oversight did, but instead relied solely on the statute.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Don’t worry guys, after SCOTUS rules on his Personal Taxes being Released/Stolen Classified Docs/Jan 6/ Election Fraud/ Trump Org Tax Fraud / E.Jean Carrol Rape Defamation, he’s totally going to face some consequences 
Just let the legal system run it’s course. 
Barons great grandchildren are going to be so inconvenienced when justice is finally served.

Twicehorn will masterfully explain why it's totally cool. (not shooting the messenger TH)
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

What you people don't seem to get is that when you are the plaintiff in a civil lawsuit, or the government in a prosecution, you do not file the case until your dicks are in as straight a row as you can get them, and you have all the dicks and haven't left any out.

FIFY, because I think you misspelled Dicks. 

13 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Boy, Gavin McInnis is has really let himself go. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

SIAP

That's a good read.  It underscores how complex even the seemingly simple documents case is.  There's a lot of untested law and potential defenses for Trump in there.

The Special Master case, it it survives, could punch through a lot of that shit in advance of any indictment/criminal trial.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Just now, C-Man said:

Good. We want 18 months of in-fighting between Trump/MAGA and the "RINO" faction. It will tear that party apart.

Burn it to the ground. (And then piss on the ashes.)

Well, as has been pointed out, we've seen this before and we've seen them all fall in line later on.

To me, somehow, this feels different.

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Good. We want 18 months of in-fighting between Trump/MAGA and the "RINO" faction. It will tear that party apart.

Burn it to the ground. (And then piss on the ashes.)

At his point I think we are at shit on the ashes, pissing isn't enough.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, as has been pointed out, we've seen this before and we've seen them all fall in line later on.

To me, somehow, this feels different.

They'll have to coalesce around one before primary season begins.  I have my doubts about that.  Right now they think it's DeSantis but he's 44 and I think he's not going to run because his odds of winning the general election are low.  But if it's not him all the roaches, many of whom have already been humiliated by Trump, will announce.

Cruz, Christie, Cotton, Scott, Pence, etc.  All the guys who have no chance.

I think their best bet will be a woman, someone who is respected by the GQP as well as could appeal to the archetype that voted for Youngkin.  Maybe Haley.  It will be harder for the sledgehammer type approach he takes to these other slimy old white men to be as well received on a woman.  Will be interesting to see if one wants to take on the shithead.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

To me, somehow, this feels different

It’s very different. When we saw it before, Trump’s base was kind of an unknown variable and nobody knew if he was gonna win the whole thing or what.  Now these critics that are coming out in the GOP are doing so knowing that they risk the wrath of Trump and his base.  They’ve decided they are not afraid of MAGA and we all know that Trump holds a grudge, and yet they are also not afraid of him spending his days bashing them.

This feels very much like they’re all trying to publicly put a lot of space between themselves and Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

FhvCWWZWYAIhKjn?format=jpg&name=large

I noticed a few years ago that Bugs, a tiny figure, leaps in the air with arms raised in triumph when he's finished sawing away Florida. It would be the genius stroke to find a way to alter and add that. 

Back in the 90s, I was working with a Canadian woman. She was unhappy at the prospect that much of Canada would likely one day become part of the United States. Not anymore, my long lost colleague.

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

SIAP

image.png.0609edebed9ed53a6a0522f869a6a8d1.png

spacer.png

They gleefully imprisoned Martha Stewart for the same thing. Arrest Trump. Release pending results of trial. He is a threat to the US. 

We saw it on the TV with our own eyes. The committee has made the case. 

Put Trump in solitary for his own protection and provide him only with books to pass the time. The books might make this cruel and unusual but so is this degenerate felon.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Now these critics that are coming out in the GOP are doing so knowing that they risk the wrath of Trump and his base.  They’ve decided they are not afraid of MAGA and we all know that Trump holds a grudge, and yet they are also not afraid of him spending his days bashing them.

They fear losing power and facing the consequences of being a criminal organization. If they can't do that without MAGA, and I doubt that they can, they'll all take a bite of the shit sandwich and ask for more.

The GOPs, IMHO, are playing the best of their shitty cards. I suggest, as others have asserted, that this move is not in the least brave. This move is tentative to see if they can afford to step away from MAGA. They'll watch the polls both national and local. When the MAGA Republicans balk at voting for politics as usual, the GOP will have to find a way to bring them back into the fold. That means dealing with Trump which they will do.

I appreciate your opinion, but I think it's more a statement of optimism that a species can change in a single generation. The GOP is a bag of snakes who will not transform into eagles.

Sadly, it will be quite a while before actual conservatives find/create a home.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement